Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

(MyUnhealthyHobby’s) Ember Rework idea.

(PSN)MyUnhealthyHobby

6 hours ago, Teridax68 said:

~~snip~~

Ok, I get it: you hate me. Now give me a reason why I should care to listen to you, because so far you haven't actually listened to me. You're just attacking me, instead of actually giving ember feedback lol.  No i'm not gonna read all of that, most of which you're spending trying to berate me. 

Try again. 

6 hours ago, Teridax68 said:

This is a prime example of the hypocrisy I'm pointing out: EinheriarJudith did give targeted, actionable suggestions at your request... only for you to automatically reject them under a whole bunch of flimsy excuses.

I didn't reject them, I asked for more details. I have said twice that they gave good feedback. Also, how is this related to warframe feedback? Please try again.

Edited by Maka.Bones

8 hours ago, Teridax68 said:

Which both of us did, yet again. Let's turn the tables here: what specific criticism do you have to make? What do you like and dislike about the Ember rework, specifically? What would your take on Ember be? Because so far you've expended an awful lot of effort asking others to refine their criticism to whichever degree, but don't seem to have put even an ounce of that effort towards discussing her design yourself. So far you have done nothing but attack other posters and discuss the people in this discussion, rather than the subject of discussion itself; a wholly unproductive and parasitic endeavor.

I've written at least 9 separate articles (it turns out I wrote 13 total articles), specifically around feedback for ember. All of them offered different ideas, approaches, or discussed things that I considered effective or ineffective, and explained why as well as suggestions. I've even posted some of them on this very thread. 

I think I've already given the devs plenty of feedback. That's why i'm trying to get others to give better feedback.  Stop calling people names dude, and please grow up. 

Edit: and before you call me a liar--since you never believe anything I say--here's a listing of all the individual ember-related posts that i've created.

I think i've given the devs enough feedback. So that's why I want someone other than me, to also gave them good CONSTRUCTIVE feedback if there is something else that you'd like better than the current rework. 

Constructive criticism is incomplete if you're only pointing out an issue, without also providing a suggestion for improvement. 

Edited by Maka.Bones

16 hours ago, EinheriarJudith said:

rivens were slated for weapons in the low tier to bring them up to where stronger weapons are. what actually happened is they gave all weapons rivens including top tier ones. thats power creep. the introduction of stronger versions of already existing mods like Damage mods, faction damage mods, crit mods which are then boosted even further by rivens.

So are you saying that the current "riven disposition" system isn't working effectively enough? 

16 hours ago, EinheriarJudith said:

we have 7 pwr strength mods: Blind Rage. Intensify, Transient fortitude, Augur Secrets, Growing Power, Power Drift. Umbral Intensify this is a clear sign of power creep

even though we have less of the other types still having alot of the same ones that are stackable is power creep.

its one thing to get a strong mod that replaces a weaker one as a form of progress its another when you can use that same mod with something else that has the same exact stat. that isnt progression.

Ok, I see your point here. Then what would you suggest as a solution, that can be done in bite-sized approaches? Because you're pointing out a flaw--and it's good that you're pointing it out--but you haven't said how the devs improve on the mod system, without a massive overhaul. Can you explain what it is that you'd like to see? Or make a new thread for it?

I made a post a while back, about adding more/different challenges. However I'm not sure that any of my suggestions would satisfy what you're looking for.

So how do you want things to change instead? How would ember look like, in an ideal "scaling" but challenging environment? What's challenging for you?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

16 hours ago, keikogi said:
16 hours ago, Maka.Bones said:

Enemy design is also part of AI. You build different AI for different enemies... but yeah both things can be improved on. What do you suggest though? What new designs? what do you want to see, or enjoy?  Give ideas.

The only solution warframe can use is give some enemies weapon damage immunity and other enemies skill immunity . warframe just has to many broken system , anything but immunity can be bypassed with enough brute force. 

DE realised that and we've been getting damage imune (Nox ) and skill imune enemies.

But aren't they doing that already with bubble-men, and Nox enemies? What would you like to see that's different? 

16 hours ago, keikogi said:
16 hours ago, Maka.Bones said:

You guys keep complaining about things, without explaining what it is that could be improved. What's lacking, what could be better, or suggesting new things they could add. 

If I was going to attempt to adress a fundamental flaw on warframes desing I would create my own thread , because you know you can fix fundamental flaws with a bamdaid. It is impossible to adequately explain a solution to warframe damage system. As per Enemy desing I also thing on of that sometimes.

Please do! When you get time ofc lol

Also your idea about "enemy warframes" sounds pretty cool.... but is it different from teh "kuva lich" mobs that they're adding to the game? 

I also made a suggestion for beefier infested enemies, inspired somewhat by the c'thulu monsters, or lovecraft horror stories. Infested are awesomely deformed & gruesome, but they became the fodder faction. I thought it would've been cool if they evolved a bit. I'm not very knowledgeable on enemy-AI design though, so i'm short on suggestions for improvement atm. 

Edited by Maka.Bones

1 hour ago, Maka.Bones said:

But aren't they doing that already with bubble-men, and Nox enemies? What would you like to see that's different? 

Also your idea about "enemy warframes" sounds pretty cool.... but is it different from teh "kuva lich" mobs that they're adding to the game? 

First of thing DE is going in the right direction with nox and nulifier I just thing DE has to improve their conter skill desing because right now nulifiers feel like this. 

c98.png

Now explainimg the entire context of that post. OP wanted to create a grineer warframe , most people said to him that is a realy cool enemy desing but does not looks like a warframe. I gave OP the fallowing suggestion , turn your warframe design into a TUBEMEN design. He enjoyed the Idea so I gave a few ideas for gameplay , they are modular enemies and may have birth defects that the player can exploit. The veteran version may have a few conter skill measures but those measures are not as annoying as nulifiers.

One of then can see invisible unit and can thrown a ink granade at the player reveling him. But he emits a constant laser dot showing what he is looking at so the invisible player knows he was spotted.

The medic can free grineer units from cc efects , but the lound sound cue and charge up time should be enough to give the player time to prepare.

The kuva version is not realy a kuva much it is just a futher upgrade that will ise the same mechanics as a kuva guardian and have stronger skills.

The medic gets upgraded into a necromancer ( revives grineer as kuva wraiths )

The guy with the ink genede gets upgraded into the kuva ciclops and fires eye LASOR.

For the melee one I'm waiting melee 3.0 to give him any gameplay.

The basic idea is give players an operator level. This level will increses warframe healh , shields and skill damage (new stat incresing the damage out put of skill ) and for weapons this will give damage. Mods no longer have ranks, you get mods as broken mods and you can use Endo to fix them ( cost scales per rarity ). Endo will be used to increse operator level. Operators themselves receive a void shield based on their operator level (void shields resits everything and is especially resistant to tau damage ). Ranking up warframe increses their base health and shield stats ( so the bonus from tenno level mutiplies it futher ) and raking up weapon slightly decreseses reload time and increses accuracy.

Damage mods still exist in this system but are heavily reworked, a few examples 

serration gives 30 % total weapon damage 

Amalgan serration gives 25 % total weapon damage 

Heavy serration gives 35 % total weapon damage and reduces accuracy 

Note this way you can only equip 1 damage mod but it is a meaningful choice.

Multishot mods Will be reworked , multshot just mean the weapon fires 2 pellets but deal the same damage (mulshot becomes a tool for status builds )

Elemental mods will concerte a portion of the weapon damage into their element ( the conversion will still oncrese the damage like 1 damage for 2 elemental damage )

Critical chamce no longer exists , any hit on weak spot will cause critical strike( no longer has the extra critical head shot mutiplier as well ) 

Critical damage mods will be reworked in the same style serration.

This system can load most of the player durability and damage output on his level but keeps room for modding. Since most of the player damage and durability is loaded into his level DE should have a easier time ajustment enemy stats to the player durability and damage output. Also has the benefits of teasing the existence of operators and their influence since they would question why a global level would be able to affect everything they own ( to finally relize suring the second dream their power come from a kid doing space wizardry , so the global level makes sense )

With that "short , explanation you can understand that it would take me hours to make that pitch into a proper post with just the basic mods reworked, 3 warframes and a few enemies.

22 hours ago, keikogi said:
Spoiler

First of thing DE is going in the right direction with nox and nulifier I just thing DE has to improve their conter skill desing because right now nulifiers feel like this. 

c98.png

Now explainimg the entire context of that post. OP wanted to create a grineer warframe , most people said to him that is a realy cool enemy desing but does not looks like a warframe. I gave OP the fallowing suggestion , turn your warframe design into a TUBEMEN design. He enjoyed the Idea so I gave a few ideas for gameplay , they are modular enemies and may have birth defects that the player can exploit. The veteran version may have a few conter skill measures but those measures are not as annoying as nulifiers.

One of then can see invisible unit and can thrown a ink granade at the player reveling him. But he emits a constant laser dot showing what he is looking at so the invisible player knows he was spotted.

The medic can free grineer units from cc efects , but the lound sound cue and charge up time should be enough to give the player time to prepare.

The kuva version is not realy a kuva much it is just a futher upgrade that will ise the same mechanics as a kuva guardian and have stronger skills.

The medic gets upgraded into a necromancer ( revives grineer as kuva wraiths )

The guy with the ink genede gets upgraded into the kuva ciclops and fires eye LASOR.

For the melee one I'm waiting melee 3.0 to give him any gameplay.

The basic idea is give players an operator level. This level will increses warframe healh , shields and skill damage (new stat incresing the damage out put of skill ) and for weapons this will give damage. Mods no longer have ranks, you get mods as broken mods and you can use Endo to fix them ( cost scales per rarity ). Endo will be used to increse operator level. Operators themselves receive a void shield based on their operator level (void shields resits everything and is especially resistant to tau damage ). Ranking up warframe increses their base health and shield stats ( so the bonus from tenno level mutiplies it futher ) and raking up weapon slightly decreseses reload time and increses accuracy.

Damage mods still exist in this system but are heavily reworked, a few examples 

serration gives 30 % total weapon damage 

Amalgan serration gives 25 % total weapon damage 

Heavy serration gives 35 % total weapon damage and reduces accuracy 

Note this way you can only equip 1 damage mod but it is a meaningful choice.

Multishot mods Will be reworked , multshot just mean the weapon fires 2 pellets but deal the same damage (mulshot becomes a tool for status builds )

Elemental mods will concerte a portion of the weapon damage into their element ( the conversion will still oncrese the damage like 1 damage for 2 elemental damage )

Critical chamce no longer exists , any hit on weak spot will cause critical strike( no longer has the extra critical head shot mutiplier as well ) 

Critical damage mods will be reworked in the same style serration.

This system can load most of the player durability and damage output on his level but keeps room for modding. Since most of the player damage and durability is loaded into his level DE should have a easier time ajustment enemy stats to the player durability and damage output. Also has the benefits of teasing the existence of operators and their influence since they would question why a global level would be able to affect everything they own ( to finally relize suring the second dream their power come from a kid doing space wizardry , so the global level makes sense )

With that "short , explanation you can understand that it would take me hours to make that pitch into a proper post with just the basic mods reworked, 3 warframes and a few enemies.

Dude, you should definitely make a new post in the "general feedback" section, to suggest all of this. It's a pretty unique Idea that i don't think has been suggested before... or I haven't seen anything like it yet. 

I'm sure the devs appreciate any new & fresh ideas for them to munch on. They might not implement them verbatim, but they'll try to do something that follows what they think is within the spirit of the core idea. That's why I keep saying that people need to give ideas, and explain what it is they like/dislike/enjoy or want to see. I've seen devs use feedback many times,you just need to know how to explain things well enough for them to understand what you're thinking/asking for. 

Edit: Also I do agree with you about the bubble bois x'D that's a hilarious example lol

Edited by Maka.Bones

37 minutes ago, Maka.Bones said:

Dude, you should definitely make a new post in the "general feedback" section, to suggest all of this. It's a pretty unique Idea that i don't think has been suggested before... or I haven't seen anything like it yet. 

I'm sure the devs appreciate any new & fresh ideas for them to munch on. They might not implement them verbatim, but they'll try to do something that follows what they think is within the spirit of the core idea. That's why I keep saying that people need to give ideas, and explain what it is they like/dislike/enjoy or want to see. I've seen devs use feedback many times,you just need to know how to explain things well enough for them to understand what you're thinking/asking for. 

Edit: Also I do agree with you about the bubble bois x'D that's a hilarious example lol

I will eventually post that when I finally get around to do some math so I can give examples of how the system would work. Also I have to adress a few other problems when you change the game scaling , namely armor, damage and status effects need to changes as well. I can't even start tackiling the problem right now because weapon exilus are going to be thing and melee 3.0 as well.

I will post it either in the warframe feedback section or as part of my warframe concept( it was small idea it first bit at this.point I'm willing to pitch an entire update for it ) in fan concepts. But this is going to take a while.  

15 hours ago, keikogi said:

I will eventually post that when I finally get around to do some math so I can give examples of how the system would work. Also I have to adress a few other problems when you change the game scaling , namely armor, damage and status effects need to changes as well. I can't even start tackiling the problem right now because weapon exilus are going to be thing and melee 3.0 as well.

I will post it either in the warframe feedback section or as part of my warframe concept( it was small idea it first bit at this.point I'm willing to pitch an entire update for it ) in fan concepts. But this is going to take a while.  

Make sure you also concisely explain what it is that the current system is lacking, and explain how/in what way this new system would be improving upon the older one. That shows the devs what are the key vectors you're paying attention to

I don't think you should worry too much about *specific* math, since they might have other ways of balance testing, or other inernal guides/parameters. If you do add math, just try to give example formulas to explain how what you're suggesting would work

Edited by Maka.Bones

19 minutes ago, Maka.Bones said:

Make sure you also concisely explain what it is that the current system is lacking, and explain how/in what way this new system would be improving upon the older one. That shows the devs what are the key vectors you're paying attention to

Most of my participation on warframe foruns is suggestion on peoples concepts or suggestion of warframe reworks. I pretty much internalized the aprouch of explain what is wrong then explain what I think it should be done. I had a few sucesses so far. 

This theard got merged so ignore the ammount of replies and views

Strangely enought never did one for ember.

19 minutes ago, Maka.Bones said:

I don't think you should worry too much about *specific* math, since they might have other ways of balance testing, or other inernal guides/parameters. If you do add math, just try to give example formulas to explain how what you're suggesting would work

Usually I don't reale dive into the math of things. If I was really passionate about the idea I would do it and hide it under a spoiler tab. But in this case I need to prove why my scaling system is easier to control but keeps mods meaninfull. Anyone can tell upfront that having the biggest damage mutiplier be the same number both for skill ands weapons would make them easier to balance because power strength only has to comepete with 1 base damage mod and 1 critical damage mod intead of 8 diferent and compounding damage mods. But at very least need to give 3 examples of how builds would work in this sistem. To prove it will keep the modding system relevant. Also I need to show what the most common damage mods these days would do. My idea is to just create a basic formula , explain how the mutipliers would work and post a few examples and a link for a spreadsheet so people can test the math themselves.

Edited by keikogi
  • Like 1

On 2019-10-17 at 5:18 PM, Maka.Bones said:

Ok, I get it: you hate me. Now give me a reason why I should care to listen to you, because so far you haven't actually listened to me. You're just attacking me, instead of actually giving ember feedback lol.  No i'm not gonna read all of that, most of which you're spending trying to berate me. 

Try again. 

You're the one who decided to pick an argument with me, sweetie, so you tell me. Not only that, you did so on a post where I did in fact give feedback on Ember, on two separate occasions. The problem isn't that I haven't listened to you, because I've clearly paid more attention to what you've been typing than yourself, but simply that you don't like what you read, hence the above whining. Speaking of hate, your behavior towards me has been visibly colored by a grudge on your part towards me, not the other way round, as it is you who hijacked a conversation I was having with someone else just to try to nitpick. Twice.

On 2019-10-17 at 5:19 PM, Maka.Bones said:

I didn't reject them, I asked for more details. I have said twice that they gave good feedback. Also, how is this related to warframe feedback? Please try again.

EinheriarJudith clearly pointed out that many of the issues affecting warframes now, namely overabundance of DR and armor stripping, were systemic, and thus required systemic changes in order to benefit our frames. You did in fact reject this argument and suggestion, on top of asking for details you yourself failed to specify. Your tactics are as transparent as they are ineffective, so to use your own plaintively repeated expression: Please try again.

On 2019-10-17 at 5:24 PM, Maka.Bones said:

I've written at least 9 separate articles (it turns out I wrote 13 total articles), specifically around feedback for ember. All of them offered different ideas, approaches, or discussed things that I considered effective or ineffective, and explained why as well as suggestions. I've even posted some of them on this very thread. 

I think I've already given the devs plenty of feedback. That's why i'm trying to get others to give better feedback.  Stop calling people names dude, and please grow up. 

Edit: and before you call me a liar--since you never believe anything I say--here's a listing of all the individual ember-related posts that i've created.

I think i've given the devs enough feedback. So that's why I want someone other than me, to also gave them good CONSTRUCTIVE feedback if there is something else that you'd like better than the current rework. 

Constructive criticism is incomplete if you're only pointing out an issue, without also providing a suggestion for improvement. 

That's nice, except literally none of it is feedback. You're not explaining which issues you're targeting, nor the broad lines of your reasoning, you've just spammed the forums with half-baked fanfiction, which is why not a single one of those threads has managed to gain any traction. The problem is that your threads, and your posting behavior in general, operate in this bubble where you patently refuse to listen to anyone else: every thread with Maka.Bones in it is the Maka.Bones show, and no-one else gets to share the star player's limelight, let alone give them a reality check. This is why your every reply is a litany of double, triple or more consecutive posts, because quantity and taking over entire pages is more important than quality, despite the fact you have already incurred moderator intervention because of this. This is similarly why you routinely accuse everyone else of not listening to you, because to you the only people listening are the ones agreeing with you wholeheartedly. Your entire behavior on this thread, as with many others, is a mere performance, one that brings strictly no benefit to the topic of discussion.

Oh, and before you lie yet again and accuse me of not suggesting anything, if we're comparing records, I made two threads that both featured proposed Ember reworks:

Notice how in both cases I specifically start from an analysis of the frame and its problems in order to set out broad lines of how said frame needs to change, and only then give my personal take on how to achieve that, just to make it extra clear that no individual specific suggestion absolutely needs to happen, and that the specifics are secondary to the intent behind them. That is how one gives actual feedback and suggestions for change (or, at least, it's one of the ways to achieve that, but given your examples, just sticking to that would already benefit you immensely), and while I've moved on from the specifics of those suggestions over time (and made many more in-between in comments such as this one), I can at least look back and see a consistent line of reasoning, as well as which changes in context led to new perspectives. Similarly, with the analysis and criticism I've produced in those posts, even if people don't agree with my specific suggestions, they can at least find common ground in the problems I list out, and see where I'm coming from. A key part of discussing design, which so far you have routinely and tragically failed to achieve, is that you need to get people to understand you, which means communicating not just your ideas, but the thought process behind them. If people don't automatically relish your every idle opinion like it's manna from heaven, it's not because they're not listening to you, it's likely because you've failed to effectively communicate why your opinion is worthy of consideration. 

Edited by Teridax68

On 2019-10-18 at 3:11 PM, Teridax68 said:

~~snip~~ 

You have a problem. Every time anyone disagrees with something you say, you attack and badger them so much that the conversation is barely even anymore about the original subject. You haven't even been talking about ember anymore lol... You've done this to me several times, and I've seen you do this to other players as well. So everything you've been saying, you should apply onto yourself. You clearly didn't read any of my posts. You clearly don't give any consideration to what I've been saying. You seem to have your own internal monologue of what you want to hear, meanwhile all I've been trying to do is get people to be more detailed with their feedback. You're just here trying to be a bully, because I'm telling you that saying "she's lost her identity" isn't an actual argument, or even constructive feedback. If you wanted them to keep accelerant, you should explain what you liked about it and why it's better than the suggested rework abilities. Not just make a vague statement like "she's losing her identity" 

And nah the only reason my posts didn't get "traction" is because I don't have a cronies constantly liking every single thing I post like you do... Go bully someone else. Let's keep this for actual feedback. For every One thing I say, you wasted 4 times the amount of space by trying to berate me... That's not ember, or "warframe feedback" related. It's honestly kinda creepy, almost like you're writing me angry love letters or you have a crush on me. Someone else might get the wrong impression that we're an old married couple or something.

Edited by Maka.Bones

Both of you cool it. Getting this thread shut down is gonna do nothing but make you look like bigger idiots. Take your malicious arguing to PMs.

As for the topic you were discussing:

Ember IS losing her current identity, but it doesn't matter, because she got stuck with it to begin with. In the beginning, she was a tanky caster, they took away Overheat, and then she became a CC/dps low-level trash-clearer, but then they lowered WoF's range and then she got stuck with gun-buffer. And now she's becoming a dps caster. There is NOTHING wrong with that considering she wasn't properly changed, but rather downgraded and nerfed, to fit into the previously mentioned identities.

Edited by Blexander
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Blexander said:

Both of you cool it. Getting this thread shut down is gonna do nothing but make you look like bigger idiots. Take your malicious arguing to PMs.

As for the topic you were discussing:

Ember IS losing her current identity, but it doesn't matter, because she got stuck with it to begin with. In the beginning, she was a tanky caster, they took away Overheat, and then she became a CC/dps low-level trash-clearer, but then they lowered WoF's range and then she got stuck with gun-buffer. And now she's becoming a dps caster. There is NOTHING wrong with that considering she wasn't properly changed, but rather downgraded and nerfed, to fit into the previously mentioned identities.

Hey, i'm not the one writing hate-love letters... but you're right, i'm sorry. 

And yeah that's my point about ember; they're returning her ORIGINAL identity. That's why "losing her identity" isn't constructive feedback.

If a player wants ember to still have "gun buffing" abilities, they should say that and explain why that's beneficial. Or explain why her current changes aren't effective at accomplishing that, and what can be done to give ember the desired weapon buffs. You could even suggest for fireblast weaken enemies with an augment, or buff teammates like accelerant used to with its augment. 

Edited by Maka.Bones

7 hours ago, Maka.Bones said:

You have a problem. Every time anyone disagrees with something you say, you attack and badger them so much that the conversation is barely even anymore about the original subject. You haven't even been talking about ember anymore lol... You've done this to me several times, and I've seen you do this to other players as well. So everything you've been saying, you should apply onto yourself. You clearly didn't read any of my posts. You clearly don't give any consideration to what I've been saying. You seem to have your own internal monologue of what you want to hear, meanwhile all I've been trying to do is get people to be more detailed with their feedback. You're just here trying to be a bully, because I'm telling you that saying "she's lost her identity" isn't an actual argument, or even constructive feedback.

Your attempt to talk about me having a "problem" all while pouring vitriol at length, without even making an attempt to justify yourself, underlines the hypocrisy and the absurd degree of projection in your post. Again, I'm not the one you attacked you, you attacked me. Twice. You question my posts' relevance to this thread, in a post devoid of any content relevant to Ember, after hijacking two separate posts where I was discussing her issues in full. You accuse me of bullying, as you pollute every thread you post with multi-post replies just to smother your opponents in a wave of trash. The fact that you accuse me of inventing a narrative, in a narrative of your own invention that is demonstrably wrong on this very thread (I have in fact given feedback, for example, in quotes I can point to, that you still hijacked, all while you failed to provide any detailed feedback of your own), when I'm not even the only one to have pointed out your terrible attitude, I think demonstrates clearly who has a problem here.

If you wanted them to keep accelerant, you should explain what you liked about it and why it's better than the suggested rework abilities. Not just make a vague statement like "she's losing her identity" 

And I did, as can be seen here:

On 2019-10-06 at 10:48 PM, Teridax68 said:

removing Accelerant just to turn Fire Blast into her new utility/CC ability feels like a loss in flavor.

And here:

On 2019-10-07 at 11:30 PM, Teridax68 said:

Fire Blast has a mediocre push back, and the rest is damage. It is not what is typically recognized as one of Ember's primary utility/CC effects, as opposed to Accelerant or Firequake.

Both of which you have viewed and responded to, so you are clearly lying about my lack of explanation, and even my reason for criticizing the change. Who exactly is inventing a narrative here, again?

And nah the only reason my posts didn't get "traction" is because I don't have a cronies constantly liking every single thing I post like you do... Go bully someone else.

Wait, so... I apparently have a problem where I attack everyone I disagree with... yet I also somehow have an army of cronies... yet the upvote content of my posts varies wildly... so how does all that fit together, exactly? Again, speaking of inventing narratives, your statement here is full-on delusional here. Pointing out that your posts are routinely unpopular isn't cyberbullying, and the fact that you'd interpret it as such speaks volumes about your attitude.

Let's keep this for actual feedback. For every One thing I say, you wasted 4 times the amount of space by trying to berate me... That's not ember, or "warframe feedback" related. It's honestly kinda creepy, almost like you're writing me angry love letters or you have a crush on me. Someone else might get the wrong impression that we're an old married couple or something.

Yes, which is why, once again, you picked a fight with me on this thread, not the other way round, and quickly dropped all pretense of even arguing about Ember, like you do for the main topic of every thread you enter. As shown by my own posts, I could not care less about your presence on this thread until you decided to personally start harassing me, on multiple occasions. Thus, once more, your talk of creepiness, crushes, and what have you comes across as projection more than anything else, particularly since as I distinctly recall, the last time we argued on some Wisp thread you DMed me immediately after, in a conversation you'd since deleted, in an attempt to get me to like you. Your insistence upon me hating, yet also somehow loving you, while making the bizarre and one-sided comparison to a married couple, begs the question: why are you so obsessed with me?

Now that that's been said, just so that at least one of us stays on topic, I am happy to go into much greater detail on my criticism of Ember, her rework, as well as my thoughts on how I'd like her to change:

What's wrong with Ember now:

• Systemically, Heat status is terrible due to how it doesn't stack, unlike every other DoT effect in the game.
  • Systemically, nuke frames that don't scale off of weapon mods or some special scaling system suffer, because while weapons and damage abilities typically have similar base amounts of damage output (many newer weapons in fact have higher base values), weapon mods combine to provide a far higher damage increase than Power Strength alone. Ember suffers from this as well, even with Accelerant's Heat damage multiplier.
  • Systemically, our damage in general suffers against armor, because the exponential scaling of armor combined with the exponential scaling of health on enemies means they end up with insane EHP values compared to other units. Only damage that strips or bypasses armor, or is so ridiculously high as to not matter (e.g. Kitguns), fares well against armored enemies.
  • Systemically, squishy frames are no longer viable in a game where enemy damage quickly scales to a point where they can one-shot frames even with Vitality equipped, while also being able to still hit players as they are parkouring at full speed. This has been made worse by enemies immune or resistant to CC, which Ember especially relies upon to prevent enemies from getting to her.
  • Ember's current passive has weak values, and is incredibly situational due to its inability to trigger from her own effects: there aren't many other sources of Heat damage in the game that can affect the player, and when they come from enemies, the payoff is far too weak for Ember to consider deliberately running into the attack of a fire-spewing enemy, particularly given the above problems with Warframe and squishiness.
  • The charge mechanic on Ember's 1 has done nothing to fix its issues, and it was not smart to expect the player to hold an ability button for a whole 1.5 seconds, let alone the base 2.5 second duration, just for a piddly amount of extra damage and more chance at a weak status effect. The fact that the ability doesn't even have 100% status chance is bad enough in itself.
  • The rest of Ember's abilities follow the old design of pressing one button to apply a lot of radial power, without that much interaction going on.
  • There's a whole lot of redundancy in Ember's kit given how most of her abilities are just her throwing out fire for damage purposes. Fireball has no real reason to be used when World on Fire exists, and even Fire Blast doesn't really justify itself enough for many players with its mediocre knockback and tacked-on damage bonus.
  • World on Fire is a terribly-designed ability due to how it lets Ember press a button, walk through a mission, and turn said mission into a walking simulator for herself and her allies. The range and cost nerfs have only lowered the level range at which this is effective, worsening her prior problems, if only by nerfing her Firequake build, which was the only real reason she was still being considered at vaguely higher levels.

In short, Ember is currently a nuke frame who's terrible at nuking, and who's instead been propped up with a whole lot of CC and utility that other frames typically do better, while also providing more. Her rework aims to solve some of these issues, but I also think has some problems of its own:

• The rework doesn't address the systemic issue of frame ability damage not scaling to the same level as weapon damage, as Ember's going to need a lot of bonus Power Strength from Spicy in order to match the multiple layers of multiplicative scaling weapons have.
  • The rework attempts to solve the systemic problem of armor scaling by giving Ember an armor shred, just as DE has given every recent frame release or rework a means of removing or bypassing armor. This has led to overuse of similar mechanics and a homogenization of design, while also power creeping the game in a manner that leaves damage frames without either effect in the dust.
  • The rework attempts to solve the systemic problem of excessive enemy damage by giving Ember a damage reduction steroid, just as DE has given every recent frame release some means of soaking up large amounts of damage. This has led to overuse of similar mechanics and a homogenization of design, while also creating a worrying state of affairs for the glass cannons that remain: Ember is currently one of the few glass cannon frames in the game, so if DE feels compelled to make her durable, that is basically an admission that DE can no longer design true glass cannons anymore.
  • The Spicy passive's range limitation feels redundant, given that it's tied to Ember setting enemies on fire, and anti-synergizes with Fire Blast pushing enemies away.
  • Given how Ember still has multiple abilities in her kit for damage alone, with her new 4 clearly being stronger than her 1, Fireball looks just as redundant as before, and still has that crappy charge mechanic to boot.
  • As a fuel effect, Accelerant contributed to Ember's general theme of fire in a manner that wasn't simply yet another radial flame explosion. Additionally, it was known for being her utility effect, which raises the question as to why Fire Blast was kept and given an armor shred. Shifting Accelerant to Ember's 3 and giving it a knockback, or even the armor shred as well, would have preserved at least in name what became the favorite ability for many dedicated Ember players. Instead, we now have another effect that includes a radial flame explosion.
  • The new 2 looks like it features the same problems as Gauss's battery: it can be charged up without actually interacting with enemies, incentivizes spamming abilities just for the sake of spamming them, and tries to spice up Ember's gameplay by having her focus on a meter rather than the game itself, which ultimately leads to more repetitive play.
  • The new 4 looks like it automatically rains down fire on all enemies in sight for damage and CC, which is likely going to lead to some rather spammy and not particularly interactive gameplay (you're just pressing a button over and over without making any effort to aim, reposition, or combo with some other effect).
  • This is more of a personal disagreement, but I feel the current World on Fire could be made healthy while still keeping its state as a radial damage aura, provided Ember can't simply turn the ability on and forget about it the whole mission.

So to reiterate my original position, from the looks of it the Ember rework doesn't solve all of her problems, and looks like it may introduce a gameplay paradigm that may not be so healthy in itself. To be clear, it's not all bad: making Heat status stack is obviously a step forward, though making it shred armor creates overlap with Corrosive status; Spicy looks like it'll encourage Ember to set as many enemies on fire as possible, though as mentioned above it may not single-handedly make her scale as much as she needs to; and the new 2 at least gives players some reason to cast abilities that may otherwise be almost completely useless, even if it's not necessarily for the right reasons. Those advantages, however, I do not think make up for the flaws in the rework as it was shown. Personally, based on the above assessment, I think any rework to Ember should feature the following:

• Systemically, equalize the damage of nuke frames with that of weapons without resorting each time to weapon scaling or some special mechanic, e.g. by raising the base amounts significantly over all three ranks.
  • Systemically, prevent enemy armor from scaling at all, so that only their health would scale (which would still be multiplied by armor).
  • Systemically, implement checks to prevent enemy damage from one-shotting us, e.g. through damage caps. More broadly, scaling missions through enemy stats doesn't seem to be a good idea, and it may be better to have the mission condition scale in difficulty instead (e.g. faster Life Support drain in Survival, lower objective health in defensive missions, etc.).
  • Give Ember a diverse set of tools that rely on manipulating and spreading fire, not just applying it via a bunch of radial nukes, so that there's natural combo potential without forcing some inter-ability synergy or Gauss gauge or the like.
  • Have Ember specialize in a mix of radial damage, and crowd control, in contrast to Saryn's focus on radial damage and debuff-based utility.

Now with those broad lines set, here is one (1) potential spitball of how I'd change Ember to satisfy those goals:

• Passive - Spicy: Ember gains bonus Power Strength for each enemy she's set on fire. Igniting enemies also grants Firepower, a resource used by her 4.
  • 1 - Fireball: Ember throws a fireball in the target direction that deals Heat damage in an area with 100% status chance, covering the area in flames for the next few seconds that deal additional persistent Fire damage with guaranteed status to anyone within.
  • 2 - Accelerant: Ember channels a stream of fuel that staggers enemies on direct impact, and covers all units and terrain it hits for a duration, slowing enemies on contact. Heat damage ignites the fuel and spreads across it, causing it to deal additional persistent Heat damage with 100% status chance to all enemies in contact with it.
  • 3 - Conflagration: Ember violently extinguishes the target fire, exploding it to deal Blast damage to nearby enemies and stun them for a duration. This explosion extinguishes fires it hits to produce the same effects, propagating indefinitely.
  • 4 - World on Fire: Ember consumes Firepower each second to deal massive persistent Heat damage to all enemies in a radius from her, with 100% status chance. Does not cost Energy to use.

The basic idea here being to pilfer some of the OP's ideas to create an Ember kit that manipulates fire through generation, propagation, and explosion, all to output large amounts of damage and crowd control in various potential combos. The 4 becomes a reward skill where, after doing enough of the base loop, Ember could just kick back and obtain some well-deserved easy kills, themselves justified by the fact that she wouldn't be able to keep the effect always on. As per the above, this is but one idea out of a possible infinity, so there's plenty of room for alternatives, including the OP's own suggestion. Thoughts?

22 hours ago, Teridax68 said:

Passive - Spicy: Ember gains bonus Power Strength for each enemy she's set on fire. Igniting enemies also grants Firepower, a resource used by her 4.

So, it's the new passive, but it has Nidus-esque stacking.

1 - Fireball: Ember throws a fireball in the target direction that deals Heat damage in an area with 100% status chance, covering the area in flames for the next few seconds that deal additional persistent Fire damage with guaranteed status to anyone within.

When you say "cover the area", I'm assuming it's an effect closer to a Hyeka Master rather then a Napalm. 100% status chance is nice, and a lack of charging makes it so it doesn't mess with the augments charing.

2 - Accelerant: Ember channels a stream of fuel that staggers enemies on direct impact, and covers all units and terrain it hits for a duration, slowing enemies on contact. Heat damage ignites the fuel and spreads across it, causing it to deal additional persistent Heat damage with 100% status chance to all enemies in contact with it.

Did you use current Heat proc or the updated one when writing this? Because one of them doesn't really increase her damage, while the other one effectively functions like Inferno and Hallowed Grounds mixed together, but on a larger(maybe) range.

Also, the slow is pretty negligible if it doesn't affect actions, but only movement speed.

3 - Conflagration: Ember violently extinguishes the target fire, exploding it to deal Blast damage to nearby enemies and stun them for a duration. This explosion extinguishes fires it hits to produce the same effects, propagating indefinitely.

I'm not a fan of mixed-elemental damage on frames that don't really have much to do with them. I don't like Corrosive on Saryn, and I wouldn't like Blast on Ember. Putting aside subjective statements, there's a potential issue I see with the skill's stun. Blast damage already has CC, as in, a knockdown effect. Having the ability both stun and have a chance to knock enemies down could cause a canceling of the stun due to spaghetti-code. It's mainly why current Fire Blast has the worst counter-synergy to date.

4- World on Fire: Ember consumes Firepower each second to deal massive persistent Heat damage to all enemies in a radius from her, with 100% status chance. Does not cost Energy to use.

If WoF stays in her kit, it needs some heavy tuning, most notably a removal of the enemy cap, an increase in range, and a change in visual design. Plus, it's the only ability that uses a resourse to. Personally, I think a meter is better than a limited resource pool. Going over your issue with the new meter, you dislike it charging without interacting with enemies, which is easily solvable.

Overall: it's too much of the same, for my liking.

The new kit isn't perfect, but I find it more appealing from a gameplay standpoint. It's a new take on her playstyle.

As for the broad criteria you feel an Ember rework should cover:

• Systemically, equalize the damage of nuke frames with that of weapons without resorting each time to weapon scaling or some special mechanic, e.g. by raising the base amounts significantly over all three ranks.
  • Systemically, prevent enemy armor from scaling at all, so that only their health would scale (which would still be multiplied by armor).
  • Systemically, implement checks to prevent enemy damage from one-shotting us, e.g. through damage caps. More broadly, scaling missions through enemy stats doesn't seem to be a good idea, and it may be better to have the mission condition scale in difficulty instead (e.g. faster Life Support drain in Survival, lower objective health in defensive missions, etc.).

These 3 are issues with the core gameplay. Fixing these in time for an Ember rework is absurd. The potential backlash from every side of the community, potentially #*!%ing up the numbers, there are too many thing that can go wrong. We may see a Damage overhaul in the next couple of years, but not soon.

• Give Ember a diverse set of tools that rely on manipulating and spreading fire, not just applying it via a bunch of radial nukes, so that there's natural combo potential without forcing some inter-ability synergy or Gauss gauge or the like.

Please keep in mind that all the abilities showcased were done on Butchers. We didn't receive any official numbers for damage, so please be sceptical of her nuking capabilities until we see the official numbers.

The gauge is only increases damage and DR. It is entirely optional to use, nobody's forced to use Overheat 100% of the time, and inter-ability synergy isn't even remotely bad. Last time I checked, Saryn's 4 gets x3 damage if an enemy is affected by Spores. Gauss is a poor example to use considering he's built around movement(a gimmick) while Ember is built around Heat damage.

• Have Ember specialize in a mix of radial damage, and crowd control, in contrast to Saryn's focus on radial damage and debuff-based utility.

Radial damage? Inferno, Fireblast, and maybe Overheat(I hope the radial damage at 100% charge gets removed along with the 100% energy drain).

CC? 3/4 of her kit + damage type. She can use Inferno to lock down a group of enemiea for a bit, they spread the effect and lock down a different group of enemies for a bit, OR, she can use Fire Blast to knock away(I'd prefer if it was a knockdown) and set them on fire for an extra 2-3 seconds of CC, OR, use Fireball which can also lock down enemies with Heat procs and, if cast properly, keep reseting the CC.

The kit requires tweeking and it shouls be fine for both low and high level play.

Edited by Blexander

17 hours ago, Blexander said:

So, it's the new passive, but it has Nidus-esque stacking.

Pretty much! I'd say that the stacking would be closer to Baruuk's Restraint, though, because the resource I want to give her is there purely to be consumed by her 4, rather than to provide any persistent bonus.

When you say "cover the area", I'm assuming it's an effect closer to a Hyeka Master rather then a Napalm. 100% status chance is nice, and a lack of charging makes it so it doesn't mess with the augments charing.

Thank you, and indeed! The area should be affected by Power Range, but the base effect should be a sufficiently large patch of ground that, if placed well, should be able to catch a group of enemies.

Did you use current Heat proc or the updated one when writing this? Because one of them doesn't really increase her damage, while the other one effectively functions like Inferno and Hallowed Grounds mixed together, but on a larger(maybe) range.

The updated one: I should've probably specified this, but my rework presumes that the systemic changes I mentioned further above have been made, which includes Heat status being able to stack properly. 

Also, the slow is pretty negligible if it doesn't affect actions, but only movement speed.

I don't think there's any slow in Warframe that only affects movement speed: Cold procs, Nova's Molecular Prime, Valkyr's Warcry, and so on all slow down actions, which includes movement speed but also fire/attack rate, and even rate of descent when falling. This is also what I was presuming with the slow effect I'd want to give to Accelerant.

I'm not a fan of mixed-elemental damage on frames that don't really have much to do with them. I don't like Corrosive on Saryn, and I wouldn't like Blast on Ember.

I guess this is indeed more subjective, but I do think there can be an argument made for either: as the toxic frame, Saryn touches upon Toxin damage and all of its composite elements (except for Gas, paradoxically enough), and fire itself produces explosions. There is also a case to be made for giving a frame more than just one damage type, simply so that they don't get countered as hard by certain health/shield/armor types, as is currently the case for Ember (Heat damage gets halved by proto shields).

Putting aside subjective statements, there's a potential issue I see with the skill's stun. Blast damage already has CC, as in, a knockdown effect. Having the ability both stun and have a chance to knock enemies down could cause a canceling of the stun due to spaghetti-code. It's mainly why current Fire Blast has the worst counter-synergy to date.

Blast's damage and its status effect are two separate things, and here I'm not making it apply status, as opposed to her Heat effects for which I want to guarantee status application. This is pretty much the same deal as for Steel Meridian's Justice weapon effect, which applies radial Blast damage, but staggers enemies for a prolonged duration instead of knocking them down. It even opens the enemies up to finishers, which I'd like to apply here as well.

If WoF stays in her kit, it needs some heavy tuning, most notably a removal of the enemy cap, an increase in range, and a change in visual design. Plus, it's the only ability that uses a resourse to. Personally, I think a meter is better than a limited resource pool. Going over your issue with the new meter, you dislike it charging without interacting with enemies, which is easily solvable.

Oh, for sure, the idea behind this is that WoF would be significantly longer-ranged, far more damaging, and would have no limit to the amount of enemies it would burn at a time, plus up-to-date visuals, and minus its current range/cost/damage modification over time, in exchange for its reliance on a resource. I'm not sure a meter would help in this regard, because the core problem with the current WoF is that it can be made always-on, which is why I'm suggesting a resource pool to prevent the ability from having 100% uptime.

Overall: it's too much of the same, for my liking.

That's fair enough.

The new kit isn't perfect, but I find it more appealing from a gameplay standpoint. It's a new take on her playstyle.

It is, though personally I don't know how much of it is actually good, and I think that new takes on healthy playstyles should be achieved through mods, rather than reworks: Ember needs a rework for sure, but I think much of her current gameplay is worth keeping (a lot of it isn't, though), and I'd rather keep what I think can be kept with her current playstyle than basically make her play like an almost entirely different frame. 

As for the broad criteria you feel an Ember rework should cover:

These 3 are issues with the core gameplay. Fixing these in time for an Ember rework is absurd. The potential backlash from every side of the community, potentially #*!%ing up the numbers, there are too many thing that can go wrong. We may see a Damage overhaul in the next couple of years, but not soon.

The solutions proposed are not actually that difficult to implement, even if the tuning may be off: from an implementational perspective, it is not difficult to turn armor scaling off, or cap the scaling of damage, or to multiply the base damage of frame abilities at rank 3 by a factor of ten or more. For sure, these would have a major impact on the game's balance, though given the above the impact is likely to be positive even if it needs tuning. Worth mentioning is that DE is also implementing a systemic change just for Ember's sake with their reworking of Heat status, a feat that until then was widely dismissed as impossible until some hypothetical future damage rework.

Please keep in mind that all the abilities showcased were done on Butchers. We didn't receive any official numbers for damage, so please be sceptical of her nuking capabilities until we see the official numbers.

I fail to see where I expressed any opinion on her strength in that demo, and would be curious as to which part of my posts would have given you the idea I thought the new Ember's damage capabilities were great. On the contrary, I pointed out that Ember is still going to follow a mode of scaling that leaves most current nuke frames at a disadvantage, and the very fact that she was struggling to kill Butchers in that video seems to be an indicator of that.

The gauge is only increases damage and DR. It is entirely optional to use, nobody's forced to use Overheat 100% of the time,

A damage multiplier ability cannot exactly be called "optional" on a frame whose core purpose is to deal damage, unless you're playing in such low-level missions that it doesn't matter. The same can be said for a damage reduction effect in high-level missions where enemy damage is so notoriously strong that any frame without tens of thousands of EHP runs the risk of dying from less than a second's worth of hits.

and inter-ability synergy isn't even remotely bad. Last time I checked, Saryn's 4 gets x3 damage if an enemy is affected by Spores.

And? My point isn't that all inter-ability synergy is bad; my point is that forcing inter-ability synergy is inferior design compared to having the abilities synergize naturally with each other. An ability that generates fire is going to naturally work well with an ability that produces flammable liquid, or another that creates explosions from fires, and those interactions have the advantage of being intuitive and feeling like they have some sort of basis in the game's environment (you get to exploit environmental fires as well). Meanwhile, an arbitrary meter that charges just by pressing buttons presents a greater degree of abstraction, and forces useless abilities to become useful simply because pressing them modifies the meter: Fireball's going to have some use because of this in the Ember rework, but only because you'd be firing this piddly damage effect for the sole purpose of managing her 2 meter, and even then, this is assuming her 4 doesn't do the same thing to her 2 and leaves her 1 completely redundant... again. 

Gauss is a poor example to use considering he's built around movement(a gimmick) while Ember is built around Heat damage.

Heat damage is arguably a far bigger gimmick than movement, itself a whole system of mechanics that is at the core of Warframe's design. I can agree that Gauss is gimmicky, but primarily because of his Battery, which forces the player to divert attention away from the actual game and onto this minigame that offers only limited replay value. If Ember receives that same sort of gameplay, she is likely to suffer from the same problems.

Radial damage? Inferno, Fireblast, and maybe Overheat(I hope the radial damage at 100% charge gets removed along with the 100% energy drain).

CC? 3/4 of her kit + damage type. She can use Inferno to lock down a group of enemiea for a bit, they spread the effect and lock down a different group of enemies for a bit, OR, she can use Fire Blast to knock away(I'd prefer if it was a knockdown) and set them on fire for an extra 2-3 seconds of CC, OR, use Fireball which can also lock down enemies with Heat procs and, if cast properly, keep reseting the CC.

Sure, her rework achieves this, though as mentioned above it doesn't satisfy the other goal set, to say nothing of the other problems I listed.

The kit requires tweeking and it shouls be fine for both low and high level play.

What kind of tweaking would it require to be fine?

Edited by Teridax68

34 minutes ago, Teridax68 said:

I don't think there's any slow in Warframe that only affects movement speed

Titania. One of her buffs slows enemies near her, but only their movement. I don't play Titania often enough to know if they changed/removed it.

37 minutes ago, Teridax68 said:

I fail to see where I expressed any opinion on her strength in that demo, and would be curious as to which part of my posts would have given you the idea I thought the new Ember's damage capabilities were great.

I guess I misinterpreted your dislike for the amount of radial nukes with the amount damage said radial nukes output. My apologies.

50 minutes ago, Teridax68 said:

I pointed out that Ember is still going to follow a mode of scaling that leaves most current nuke frames at a disadvantage, and the very fact that she was struggling to kill Butchers in that video seems to be an indicator of that.

I dont remember her struggling to kill them at all. A non-charged Fireball took out ~70% of a single Butcher's HP. And a group affected by Inferno died within ~5 seconds iirc.

45 minutes ago, Teridax68 said:

What kind of tweaking would it require to be fine?

Well, for starters, Fireball needs to lose the charging mechanic, for obvious reasons. Have Overheat drain energy/time at 100% instead of completely emptying your energy pool, and removing the radial damage upon reaching said 100% is a must. Fire Blast shouldn't knock enemies away, but rather down. Inferno needs a design change, a meteor doesn't make sense, and it runs the risk of stun-locking a group of enemies you target making them unable to spread the effect before the die. In the end, we need the numbers to know how tedious her new kit is actually going to be.

The fundamental issues with the damage system and enemy scaling definitely need to be looked at, I agree with that, and despite the rework seeming like a temporary fix, it's an ok temporary fix.

I'll need time to properly form a response to the other parts of your post. This is all I can respond with currently.

2 minutes ago, Blexander said:

Titania. One of her buffs slows enemies near her, but only their movement. I don't play Titania often enough to know if they changed/removed it.

That's fair, but also an incredibly specific and minoritary effect compared to the much more common all-encompassing slow.

I guess I misinterpreted your dislike for the amount of radial nukes with the amount damage said radial nukes output. My apologies.

No worries. :)

I dont remember her struggling to kill them at all. A non-charged Fireball took out ~70% of a single Butcher's HP. And a group affected by Inferno died within ~5 seconds iirc.

5 seconds to kill a Butcher, or even a group of Butchers, is struggling by the game's current standards. When a single Kitgun shot can instantly clear a corridor's worth of high-level enemies, with similar equivalents in many frame abilities, taking that much more time to do the same isn't really that amazing. There's something to be said here about the overall state of the game's balance, but even then, if we're rebalancing our damage output, might as well hold Ember to the same standard as everyone else, whether it be before or after the shift.

Well, for starters, Fireball needs to lose the charging mechanic, for obvious reasons.

Completely agreed.

Have Overheat drain energy/time at 100% instead of completely emptying your energy pool, and removing the radial damage upon reaching said 100% is a must.

This is fair. Total Energy depletion I think is a horrendous idea (though thankfully even DE seems to realize this, which is why they were apparently still debating the mechanic), and while maxing out the meter is apparently meant to have some punishment mechanic attached, the punishment currently seems disproportionate. 

Fire Blast shouldn't knock enemies away, but rather down.

I personally find this a bit more debatable, as pushing enemies away has its use as a panic button, though as mentioned above that effect also anti-synergizes with the passive, and displacement tends to not be very well-appreciated in Warframe due to how it makes enemies harder to hit, so a knockdown would be more desirable CC in this respect.

Inferno needs a design change, a meteor doesn't make sense, and it runs the risk of stun-locking a group of enemies you target making them unable to spread the effect before the die.

Agreed, I think the stun on the ability makes little sense given how it's meant to have this fire spreading effect (which I also believe is redundant, given the ability is itself a spammy nuke that deals instant damage).

In the end, we need the numbers to know how tedious her new kit is actually going to be.

This is true to an extent, though I feel the core mechanics at hand also give a pretty good indicator already: Ember's new 2 was said to hinge upon casting her abilities frequently to manage it, and at its core her new 4 just looks like a button you press to dump damage on enemies in LoS, without much more to it. Thus, not only does the new Ember look spammy, from what was said the spamminess may in fact be by design.

The fundamental issues with the damage system and enemy scaling definitely need to be looked at, I agree with that, and despite the rework seeming like a temporary fix, it's an ok temporary fix.

Agreed here as well.

I'll need time to properly form a response to the other parts of your post. This is all I can respond with currently.

No worries at all!