Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

(MyUnhealthyHobby’s) Ember Rework idea.

(PSN)MyUnhealthyHobby

2 hours ago, (PS4)MyUnhealthyHobby said:

Yeah, WOF is better off being replaced at this point. I can’t wait to see it though!

bad news is it might not be done till this fathers day lmao.

Should have a good idea of what i want her new 4 to come out as by tomorrow yee. 

On 2019-05-18 at 11:19 PM, (PS4)MyUnhealthyHobby said:
  • Burning effects will last for 12 seconds. Ability cooldown is 16 seconds so use it wisely. Energy drain will be 25.

Throw this ability cooldown away and burn it and after you’ve burned it delete it from existence 

1 minute ago, (PS4)MyUnhealthyHobby said:

Oh, thank you. I like some of your ideas for your older Rework. You should definitely make an updated version of it.

Nah I'll leave that up to you. I don't think it would be good to flood the devs with more ember rework posts. So far you have the leading thread for it anyway. 

But hey, if they go back for any of my old ideas, i'd be happy with it lol

Edited by Maka.Bones

Here's an old argument/observation I made about an overlooked issue with ember's kit:

Ember's abilities need to be more specialized/focused.

The root of all the issues I see with ember, isn't her survivablity, or the WoF range nerf, or her stats..it is that all her abilities, basically do different versions of the same thing, instead of each ability doing ONE THING WELL--none of her abilities are particularly individually strong at any one thing... coupled with energy costs, and casting animation delays, this results in Ember's kit lacking in overall effectiveness.

I would like to see ember's damage abilities specialize in single-target damage, instead of auto-kill abilities. But also improve on her AoE CC, and her weapon buff abilities. Instead of making all her abilities do a little of everything, but badly... make each ability specialize on ONE THING. I don't want to have to spam all my abilities to effectively CC enemies, or kill a single target. It's more fun to use ONE ability, for ONE desired result. 

I hope they rework her fireblast, her WoF, her PASSIVE, change accelerant to also buff other damage types (or not need constant spam) and generously buff her fireball's damage....

Edited by Maka.Bones

Just now, TheGreenFellow said:

This looks like a very good idea to me.

There's been so many worthy suggestions to rework frames like Ember and Vauban that seem to just go unheeded by DE, who then turns around and comes out with something like Wisp. 🙄 I hope that trend changes.

de trying to make warframe a topheavy reverse pyramid house. 

9 minutes ago, TheGreenFellow said:

This looks like a very good idea to me.

There's been so many worthy suggestions to rework frames like Ember and Vauban that seem to just go unheeded by DE, who then turns around and comes out with something like Wisp. 🙄 I hope that trend changes.

I hope so too. I’m actually praying they take this into consideration.