Jump to content

(MyUnhealthyHobby’s) Ember Rework idea.


(PS4)MyUnhealthyHobby

Recommended Posts

On 2019-06-26 at 10:45 PM, Maka.Bones said:

Yo, here's my updated rework suggestion

 

oh yeah. I did reformat that Insatiable Flames rework so it should be alot easier to read. Give it a looksie if you didn't see it's reader friendly format.

@myunhealthyhobby you too incase it was too overwhelming with it's old format.

Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, (PS4)chibitonka said:

oh yeah. I did reformat that Insatiable Flames rework so it should be alot easier to read. Give it a looksie if you didn't see it's reader friendly format.

@myunhealthyhobby you too incase it was too overwhelming with it's old format.

I’ll go look at it now.

Link to post
Share on other sites

One of De's people... Rebecca? I think? Did an interview with a Japanese gaming publication. Few things were brought up. Crossplay is never going to be a thing. Cross save /might/ be in the works if only because literally every other live game is doing it now that Sony has stopped being a $&*^ about it. Asked about if warframe is going to continue on playstation 5 and the new xbox console codenamed "Gamers will buy everything anyway" they said possibly not, possibly more of a sequel....

So my theory is this. They will probably do a support patch for next gen consoles so that the game will play on them with the 4k and the hdr and all as well as it does on pc... Well, on a mid tier gaming pc because that's all consoles are anymore. But my theory is that they're looking at winding down production of warframe and starting to look at a direct or spiritual successor to the game... Why do I think that?...................... Wellllll there's what now? 40 frames? Not including primed variants?  And how many weapons?... Some of which are... Honestly? Truly beyond all help. For instance bows may still be useful but they'll never be truly meta, thrown weapons across the board outside of like, pox and staticor are just outmoded. Over give or take six or more years of game development, the game has changed completely from the game they first started making.... And frankly there are just too many different weapons or frames that need to be COMPLETELY reworked. And then there's the fact that newly interested players, by nature, can never truly catch up to players who have been here since the beginning. 

Ember. Needs a rework... A whole blasted reboot honestly. Valkyr could use some major work. Atlas. Half of the frames in the game really. Need major work. Most of the weapons need major work because the game that they were designed to be used in no longer exists. And yeah.. I think DE is looking at some of this and thinking.... "There's too much to fix. It's time we started fresh."

Now... I would love it if they continue with the same "warframe and operator system"... But yeah, I don't think they see warframe as something that can just go on forever in it's current, constantly expanding state. Eventually it's going to be time to say "we need a new start". And I think that day is coming.

I really hope that ember gets a rebuild before the end... She was my first love in warframe. But I think an end is coming... Not soon enough to be announced at Tennocon this year.... But maybe next year. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, (PS4)Black-Cat-Jinx said:

Cross save /might/ be in the works if only because literally every other live game is doing it now that Sony has stopped being a $&*^ about it. Asked about if warframe is going to continue on playstation 5 and the new xbox console codenamed "Gamers will buy everything anyway" they said possibly not, possibly more of a sequel....

They said it's not out of the question, if future consoles have backwards compatibility (which future consoles are supposed to) so nothing is set in stone *yet*

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, (PS4)MyUnhealthyHobby said:

I’m literally hoping to get more feedback. Things won’t change unless we continue to talk about it.

sad but true. And not just a bunch of ppl claiming to care like they did with the chimp *wukong* rework. We saw how that went.

Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, (PS4)chibitonka said:

sad but true. And not just a bunch of ppl claiming to care like they did with the chimp *wukong* rework. We saw how that went.

I actually like the Wukong rework, and neither of you guys commented on my post lol

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, (PS4)MyUnhealthyHobby said:

Anyone have an update for DE’s plans on revisiting/reworking certain frames? I’m seeing rumors on the forums and wanted to know if it was true? 

The next frame up is Vauban

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, (PS4)chibitonka said:

nah kill accelerant too. give us back overheat and a new kit 😄

Scorching Blight is the closest thing to the original Overheat to be honest. And Accelerant is good for self buff and CC. Plus, the way I have it would help to also make synergies between abilities.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, (PS4)MyUnhealthyHobby said:

I see. Welp, that is a letdown to the Ember players.

We've already known for a while that it would be vauban. He's been a bit overdue tbh. Titania should also happen soon, and ivara might get tweaked a little. Mag might get  some sort of rework if the trailer doesn't become into an augment. Mirage and loki also need revisits. 

It's not to say that ember won't get re-visited at some point though.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, (PS4)MyUnhealthyHobby said:

I see. Welp, that is a letdown to the Ember players.

FWIW, a while back Rebecca said that 3 frames were getting a review in response to a question that Mogamu asks about reworks for Warframes. Rebb mentions 3 frames that are likely to get a review this year, Vauban, Wukong and Ember.

14:52 time mark, is where Mogamu asks the question regarding reworks for frames and Rebb responds.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, BlindStalker said:

FWIW, a while back Rebecca said that 3 frames were getting a review in response to a question that Mogamu asks about reworks for Warframes. Rebb mentions 3 frames that are likely to get a review this year, Vauban, Wukong and Ember.

14:52 time mark, is where Mogamu asks the question regarding reworks for frames and Rebb responds.

 

YES

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, BlindStalker said:

FWIW, a while back Rebecca said that 3 frames were getting a review in response to a question that Mogamu asks about reworks for Warframes. Rebb mentions 3 frames that are likely to get a review this year, Vauban, Wukong and Ember.

14:52 time mark, is where Mogamu asks the question regarding reworks for frames and Rebb responds.

 

Whoa! There is still hope!

Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, BlindStalker said:

FWIW, a while back Rebecca said that 3 frames were getting a review in response to a question that Mogamu asks about reworks for Warframes. Rebb mentions 3 frames that are likely to get a review this year, Vauban, Wukong and Ember.

14:52 time mark, is where Mogamu asks the question regarding reworks for frames and Rebb responds.

 

Big money, no whammies.

I hope they have something good planned for Ember. It's a 50/50 chance for either a good or a bad rework, and I'm really #*!%ing scared for the first 50%.

EDIT: Ok, this does not bode well. On the topic of Vauban and Ember needing reworks, Rebecca said that "it's the most popular opinion". Meaning, if the popular opinion becomes, let's say, "Saryn is too good in ESO, nerf her" we could have another situation like with Ember, a potential bricking and gimping of the frame. I'm now even more worried about Ember's future in the game.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Blexander said:

Big money, no whammies.

I hope they have something good planned for Ember. It's a 50/50 chance for either a good or a bad rework, and I'm really #*!%ing scared for the first 50%.

EDIT: Ok, this does not bode well. On the topic of Vauban and Ember needing reworks, Rebecca said that "it's the most popular opinion". Meaning, if the popular opinion becomes, let's say, "Saryn is too good in ESO, nerf her" we could have another situation like with Ember, a potential bricking and gimping of the frame. I'm now even more worried about Ember's future in the game.

I know. I’m scared too, but I really hope they are looking at certain people’s Rework ideas and using it for Ember. We have to stay positive and pray that Ember gets everything we want her to get. sailor moon please GIF

Link to post
Share on other sites

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

×
×
  • Create New...