Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Having only one animal companion out of stasis, detrimental to variety or not?

Monlex

1 hour ago, Learicorn said:

Im completely fine with it, wouldn't change anything about it at all. But it wouldn't hurt to change it if it makes other players feel more comfortable with it

Having stasis is clunky and when breeding new Kubrows/Kavats you shouldn't be locked out of using ANY of the non-robotic companions for an entire day.

• Like 4

It's annoying constantly having to put one in stasis to bring out another.

Say if your doing kuva farming and you want your smeeta kavat, but your already using a kubrow, you have to:-

-Get out of the arsenal menu,

-Go to the pet area,

-Click stasis, wait for animation to end,

-Click smeeta kavat then wait for animation again,

-Go back to the arsenal and put the pet in the companion slot

Too many steps to do something so simple, I'm glad they are planning to change it. I just hope they dont make it more convoluted then it already is.

• Like 3

I dont like not being able to use any kubrow or kavat while one is incubating, the pet doesnt need constant treatement form the incubator when its active it seems like, so why not have it roam around in the orbiter while the other incubates and instead of sleeping in the incubator it sleep on one of the 'expensive' 35p beds you bough them with your hard earned plat.

Stasis doesnt bother me since there is no recovery now.

I agree that it does need to change. As others have highlighted, the steps needed to remove are unnecessary and time consuming for the sake of it. It would be a lot smoother to instantly have a pet selected and be done with the animation and multiple clicks. Also would be more sensible to be able to have a pet usable whilst incubating. 

I can understand logically why it can’t be at the moment - the incubator is in use and therefore can’t sustain a live pet. However DE could implement a pre-requisite such as needing a bed to allow for a pet to be taken out of stasis whilst the incubator is busy.

I don’t think it’s necessary to have multiple pets roaming around though. 

300% detrimental but supposedly as others have pointed out that will be changing. 

I'm crossing my fingers that it will be with this next mainline (next week) but who knows. In any case when/if it happens my Titania will be switching from a Shade to a Huras while my Khora still sports double Kavats 

It's obtrusive without a doubt, and makes swapping and unique loadouts/gear setups a pain to deal with. Last I heard though they were planning to do away with stasis, so it's only a matter of time before this issue is resolved. 

9 hours ago, Hypernaut1 said:

The original intention was to make a player feel committed to one Kubrow and not just see it as a tool to be switched out at will. 

I don't think that idea for with the game anymore

The original intention would've worked if they developed a system in which we could actually bond with those pets. But there is nothing of the sort outside press X to pat.

Stasis is a super clunky mechanic that DE have mentioned that they are looking it. But yes, I agree that breeding a new pet shouldn't mean you are locked out of all your others for 24 hours. 

I really only get to play at the weekends so I basically don't use any Kavat or Kubrow pet, not because getting them out of stasis is a hassle (got the upgrade that means it's instant), but then having to remember to put them back in Stasis on a Sunday evening is a pain, otherwise they are just bodding around the ship all week while I'm not there and then their DNA integrity meter falls too low and they go back into stasis.

The problem for me is the DNA Integrity mechanic, I don't see what it adds to the game other than yet another credit sink.  Remove that and I expect you'll see pets get slightly more frequently used.

HATE switching between smeeta (kuva floods) and adarza (juicy crit buff for general gameplay) all the time. Just let me pick different kavats/kubrows in arsenal like any other sentinel. Hope they do something about it, its so obnoxious switching between them. Also another reason to not use kubrows for me i just cant be bothered to keep switching between all of them. 

What i hate most tho is when i have pimped out loadout slot i switch to on navigation screen and realise in mission i have no kavat with me cause in that loadout i have different kavat that is currently refrigerated. NotLikeThis 

Yeah, I've talked about this for years, now.

I prefer animal companions but it's annoying having to put my Smeeta away to pull out my preferred companion every time and then go through the same process to get my Smeeta back out.

I just want to easily pull out my Raksa Kubrow when I run Hildryn without the animations, y'know? 

I hope the stasis removal change lands soon.

I've gotten tired of sentinels so I've started using my adarza alot lately, but I would like something else for a few of my other frames. I'm just too lazy to swap things in and out of stasis all the time.