Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

My Dojo is Featured on the Star Chart... And I Hate It.

(PSN)SimulatedWhiskey

This post was IN NO WAY meant to sound rude or disrespectful. I respect the DE staff team and the community they've made for us.

-----------

My Dojo is Featured on the Star Chart... And I Hate It.

So recently my community won 3rd place in the Winter of 2018 Dojo contest and I was REALLY happy. I have been featured for a month or two now because somehow the first and second place winners were taken off the chart. It has become a problem for me lately due to the lack of moderation tools in the dojo. I feel like if people can come into your dojo and access almost anything, you should be able to remove them from it or at least block them from sending you invites.

PROS:

• Publicity; ever since I was featured I have been getting a lot of new members
  • People hang around the dojo, give compliments, and make the dojo look more lively
  • My work is being shared; I love showing other people my hard work and dedication

CONS:

• Scammers are often reported to me, or my community's staff team, by members
  • Beggars in chat asking for platinum or other items
  • Trade spams; THE MOST ANNOYING thing to ever happen here; you are just minding your own business until someone purposely spams the trade button so you keep having to close a popup on your screen; it's done on purpose to annoy you and the ignore/kick options don't have any effect (I had to remove the trade post and put one in a secret location for my members)
  • I host contests in my dojo once and a while and the random players completely sabotage them; recently I hosted a duel event and they kept initiating duels making sure that no one could play

How I Recommend We Fix This

Warframe is my favorite game and I would NEVER accuse the developers of making the game poorly or not trying. They did an amazing job, but I think some things can be improved so that we can continue having fun and not let other players ruin that.

1. Add a "Ban from Dojo" option; removes the player from the dojo and they are not allowed to re-enter for a specified amount of time
  2. The "Ignore" option should block players from initiating trades with you
  3. Have a "Guest" rank in the hierarchies with permissions such as initiating trades, access to dojo chat, starting/participating in duels, and running the custom/standard obstacle course

Again, I love this game and would never spread hate or slander about it. I just hope DE takes a look at this and considers it in a future update. Thanks! 🙂

Edited by (PS4)Whiskey1015566
  • Like 32

3 hours ago, (PS4)Baaf-o said:

I think guest is the best one.

I agree. It would be nice to adjust the permissions of visitors and have extra permissions. :)

3 hours ago, (PS4)Hikuro-93 said:

Damn. Wanted mine there too when finished but these are some good points. I hope they do fix it.

I feel the same way. I hope the other featured clans see this and aren't struggling like I am! 

• Like 1

Having a Guest rank is a really good idea. As long as we can invite people who aren't part of our clan and thus not subject to clan hierarchy permissions, we ought to have a separate "rank" for them, as well. Let us define what our guests can and can't do.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Steel_Rook said:

Having a Guest rank is a really good idea. As long as we can invite people who aren't part of our clan and thus not subject to clan hierarchy permissions, we ought to have a separate "rank" for them, as well. Let us define what our guests can and can't do.

Again. I definitely agree. Guest ranks would be very nice!

5 hours ago, Showerwalker said:

Can't DE just make a replica/clone clan tho? I feel like that's the easiest way to solve this.

Sure, I guess. Maybe they could be hosted on a different server?

Only problem is the bugs that would most likely come along with it. Inviting people to your dojo could end up not working at all. I think just adding a couple permissions for a guest rank would be a lot easier than setting up an entirely separate server for featured dojos.

4 hours ago, (PS4)AyinDygra said:

The Replica/clone clan could be titled "3rdPlaceYourClanNameHere" instead of "YourClanNameHere"

So it's just a copy with a totally different name and file and location... your actual clan dojo would remain private.

Thing also is not to make it too difficult for DE to implement/update. Also not to interrupt the automatic processes (like removing dojos from the star chart that change tiers).

The guest ranking is probably also my favorite of the suggestions. I feel like if you're in another clan's dojo, even just for a trade or something, the clan members should be the only players present with access to those modules. No non-clan member should be able to initiate the trade request or the duel request or whatever else have you. Besides teleporters, visitors don't need access to most any other modules.

• Like 3

It absolutely boggles my mind that non-clan members can use anything within the dojo. Joining from the star chart should literally just be to tour the dojo and comment on the decoration. The Guest rank is an A+ suggestion.

• Like 1

I agree that non-team invited people can trade in the dojo isn't the best idea. Isn't the point of visiting just to view. I mean it was a contest for looks right? It's basically a museum. Looking and no touching. So look at what was one of the winners of the contest, say if you like it or hate it (art critics), and DON'T TOUCH ANYTHING OR TRADE! That is what relays and the trade chat is for. So... go scam there and not do it in person...

• Like 1

Hey everyone - thanks for your feedback and for this thoughtful discussion. Based on what we've read here, we're going to make it so visitors can't use the Featured Clan's Trading Post. Expect the change in an update soon!

• Like 7

On 2019-05-25 at 10:22 PM, (PS4)Herculxs said:

Clans need more control over visitors. I think clans need their own feedback section again.....

Would be nice.

As it currently stands, posting anything about a clan or dojo change is a lesson in futility unless you end up posting on a day that has this forum moving slower than normal.

Clans in alliances still cannot access each other's dojos without requiring an invite, but yet this "Featured Dojo" is a thing. Seems that same functionality should have applied to something just bit more important.

Edited by Sean
  • Like 2

On 2019-05-19 at 9:16 PM, (PS4)Whiskey1015566 said:

Warframe is my favorite game and I would NEVER accuse the developers of making the game poorly or not trying.

That is one very scary statement, what if they had actually made something poorly(cough nightwave cough) and weren't actually trying? Instead all they wanted was your money and they were only willing to put the least amount of effort in to get it?