Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Hydron is an overrated exp farm node

So many people use hydron as exp farm nowadays, being unprepared and complain when wolf decided to visit and say hello and here's my thoughts about this

1. Hydron is not a place to farm exp

This is a high level place to get things such as relics, and you better be prepared for everything

2. Hydron is not an efficient node for exp

A bit of copy paste from the wiki

When you kill an enemy, the Affinity gained is shown on screen underlined in blue. It is calculated as:
Affinity = Enemy Base Affinity × (1 + 0.1425 × Enemy Level0.5)

Because the square root is taken of the enemy's level, the actual benefit of facing high-level enemies is minimal. For example, killing a level 100 Napalm would give 1213 Affinity, less than twice the Affinity you would get from a level 3 Napalm (623). Therefore, "farming" Affinity is easier when killing many low level enemies instead of withstanding very powerful ones.

With this calculation, I suggest to do missions on saturn instead of sedna because the difference in exp is small but far easier to kill. Another thing to consider, wolf might be changed to scale with mission level because I met a level 7 wolf on venus so you will have to struggle less than in sedna

You want my node? Try titan on saturn, no need to defend a pod, just defend yourself with no risk of failing because the fugitives are wrecking the pod

• Like 5

I still mainly use Helene and Hydron for leveling my gear. Thing is that you get tons of relics and orokin cells in the process, while there is also a full squad available 24/7 for maximum amount of spawns since these nodes are so popular. So tbh the xp gain is not really the priority here as long as it is decent. 

As for Wolfie he's no problem for me. I rarely have to level frames anymore, and when leveling weapons I always bring Valkyr which will tear up Wolf like cheese with her talons. 

Well, but it does work, even if it's boring as hell. Personally I don't use it anymore. Given I'm mostly bored and have little to do besides my daily tasks I just play the game naturally, by leveling up weapons trough normal play. Which admittedly is even slower, but at least spiced up with variety and I get to test said gear in many different scenarios.

One advice I'd give to anyone searching for leveling grounds is to search nodes where they can multi-task. Both Hydron and Io, Jupiter, are good places to level up, but also come with a relic farm. Io even provides an oxium farm, which is even nicer. And ESO provides us with Vandal parts that sell well, and radiant relics. I'm sure there are other examples I'm forgetting at this moment.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, 844448 said:

Because the square root is taken of the enemy's level, the actual benefit of facing high-level enemies is minimal. For example, killing a level 100 Napalm would give 1213 Affinity, less than twice the Affinity you would get from a level 3 Napalm (623). Therefore, "farming" Affinity is easier when killing many low level enemies instead of withstanding very powerful ones.

This only holds up if the higher level enemies actually survive longer.  Given most of the stuff used will one hit them anyway, you might as well get the higher xp.  But as stated already neither Hydron or anywhere on Saturn is actually a good xp farming spot.

• Like 1

So instead of saying which node is better for xp farm you give us one that is barely better, if ot worse? Even in hydron it is easy to kill enemies fast. Helene is barely faster if the team is not all undergeared.

Putting Wolf into the calculation is laughable. Funny how many people are so terrified of the boogeyman.

The best affinity farm is still SO.

1 час назад, bibmobello сказал:

Hydron is good for low rank players with cheap weapons and frames. Please don't try elite Sanctuary Onslaught with banshee and a braton without mods and potatoes because i will not revive you...

Jokes on you, sonar Banshee is awesome to make crap weapons murder stuff, I used to run her on ESO when it came out. You just have to do some bullet dodging, Her only enemy is mine ospreys on very tight maps.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, lnfine said:

Jokes on you, sonar Banshee is awesome to make crap weapons murder stuff, I used to run her on ESO when it came out. You just have to do some bullet dodging, Her only enemy is mine ospreys on very tight maps.

But obviously you dont run a Banshee without mods...

I only use Hydron for frames.

Weapons I will willingly slow down for in order to get a more enjoyable experience - which for me is running Kappa. Way slower, but I get a better feel for how the weapon plays.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, moostar95 said:

eso leech for xp. don't bring anything but the weapon you need to xp farm and the nukers will do the rest. 

I don't find ESO to be viable when they're on higher level than average with chance to get infested on the roll because infested gives the least exp from all faction

1 hour ago, bibmobello said:

Hydron is good for low rank players with cheap weapons and frames. Please don't try elite Sanctuary Onslaught with banshee and a braton without mods and potatoes because i will not revive you...

why hydron when you can go to saturn and kill more enemies in the same time window with small difference in exp gain? Also you need at least a maxed serration to kill them fast enough in hydron when saturn is just fine without it

2 hours ago, 844448 said:

1. Hydron is not a place to farm exp

Lul.

This is a high level place

Lul.

2. Hydron is not an efficient node for exp

Speed Nova disagrees.

So many people use hydron as exp farm nowadays, being unprepared and complain when wolf decided to visit and say hello and here's my thoughts about this

Wolf is just a bad game design. Nobody complains about Stalker, because he shows up with a level relative to the mission you are doing, but Wolf appears in Hydron (a level 35 missions, wink, wink high level, wink) is at level 70+. Also unlike Stalker, most of the Frames can't deal with Wolf. Why is that? What I have to start playing excesively Valkyr, just because Wolf is redicilously overtuned?

• Like 3

48 minutes ago, Mr.SpookSpook said:

So instead of saying which node is better for xp farm you give us one that is barely better, if ot worse? Even in hydron it is easy to kill enemies fast. Helene is barely faster if the team is not all undergeared.

Putting Wolf into the calculation is laughable. Funny how many people are so terrified of the boogeyman.

The best affinity farm is still SO.

I find titan to be better with no delay between waves and nothing to defend other than yourself as a survival mission

2 minutes ago, Highresist said:

Wolf is just a bad game design. Nobody complains about Stalker, because he shows up with a level relative to the mission you are doing, but Wolf appears in Hydron (a level 35 missions, wink, wink high level, wink) is at level 70+. Also unlike Stalker, most of the Frames can't deal with Wolf. Why is that? What I have to start playing excesively Valkyr, just because Wolf is redicilously overtuned?

I dealt with wolf using equinox and some basic maneuver to avoid getting killed. Is rolling away from attacks and molotovs too hard to do now?

6 minutes ago, 844448 said:

I dealt with wolf using equinox and some basic maneuver to avoid getting killed. Is rolling away from attacks and molotovs too hard to do now?

Oh, right, because when I level Warframes other than Equinox, I can use Equinox. Gotcha. Yes, Wolf is overtuned. His armor and HP are absurd, last time he showed, I was throwing Antimatter drops for 80k+ and it was barely scratching him. It is not difficulty, it is just annoyance, you don't bring a frame and arsenal to fight Wolf on Hydron, you do that when the Alert was up. The whole mechanic is badly designed. It is like Uber Elder spawning while you farm maps with quantity gear.

Edited by Highresist
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Highresist said:

Oh, right, because when I level Warframes other than Equinox, I can use Equinox. Gotcha. Yes, Wolf is overtuned. His armor and HP are absurd, last time he showed, I was throwing Antimatter drops for 80k+ and it was barely scratching him.

It was a test run on my build on adaro and didn't use any health/shield/armor mods. We don't have this parkour 2.0 given to us for no reason

I just run kuva survival, two birds with one stone. Of course it's not for those that cannot hold their own with unranked weapons. 

I can usually rank up a weapon or a frame in 20 to 30 minutes. 

Edited by 0_The_F00l