Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Hydron is an overrated exp farm node

12 minutes ago, 844448 said:

I dealt with wolf using equinox and some basic maneuver to avoid getting killed. Is rolling away from attacks and molotovs too hard to do now?

Let me guess, you do this fight solo? If yes, Great! Now do it in a full squad full of unprepared players! I am sure level 70 Wolf of Saturn 6 will not be hard for you.

Sounds more like the OP is pissed off by people leaving Hydron after 5 or 10 waves.

Hydron is solid XP. If you use Vazarin on top, your affinity range should almost cover the whole map.

Other advantages: you can watch a show along as you don't have to move much around, same goes for drops, they're always close.

ESO XP (weapons) can vary strongly, depending on enemies, map layout and your teammates' Warframes.

1 hour ago, 844448 said:

I don't find ESO to be viable when they're on higher level than average with chance to get infested on the roll because infested gives the least exp from all faction

SO/ESO isn't random. I'm not sure if it has ever been, but they follow a particular sequence that changes every so often. I know this because I absolutely use SO for leveling frames if necessary and ESO to level weapons. There is not even a close second since Draco. You also don't need to run around to get focus orbs and it forces everyone to stay in the same room. Enemies spawn faster, eximus units spawn more frequently, and the entire point is for people to blast as many enemies as fast as possible rather than protect a box or activate survival pylons. There is some palpable elitism in folks here that think it takes any more than the single saryn/volt/mesa to clear up to round 8 and do so without weapons. Hell, it's only too bad Excalibur Umbra can't get affinity for your weapons while your operator's out, because operator can go 8 rounds ESO with a small setup.

So I agree with OP, Hydron is for Relics. However lower level missions are not the way. Less enemies spawn, lower chance for heavy and eximus units, and objectives become more difficult to maintain the longer one is in an endless mission to promote resetting. Just go to SO/ESO and stay until round 8. Doesn't matter if you do no damage, someone else has already killed the room. Biggest annoyance is people leaving at round 1 or 2 because there is no way to fail out without burning all your revives, if the timer runs out you successfully extract. Oh and it takes some serious effort for an Equinox or Ember to be useful, so you wont be plagued by someone standing around burning all the enemies without trying. 

1 hour ago, DrivaMain said:

Let me guess, you do this fight solo? If yes, Great! Now do it in a full squad full of unprepared players! I am sure level 70 Wolf of Saturn 6 will not be hard for you.

I doubt he was serious or probably he was on the other side of the map  while the other guys were beating him...:-)

Edited by bibmobello

The ONLY single reason with Hydron and Helene are "good" xp farming place, is because it's a small map and player don't play out of affinity range and share the whole xp of the map. Almost. They still find ways to spawnkill in the back corridor and be out of affinity range of people on the pod.

Because this is the issue : affinity range. So many people don't know about it, and so many people playing out of it don't share xp and lose some.

"Diggers" in survival are the classic kind of players which cannot level anything in a squad if it isnt a really small map (Hydron, Helene, ESO, etc).

That's because people are generally afraid of the word "Xp Sharing". They think they lose a part of the xp, while actually, all the xp is given to everybody, not "shared". So they play in a squad to have more enemies, but play like egoist **** because they think they do the best for themselves. They don't. They lose 75% of the map xp, done by the three other players; and they GRIEF away their 25% of xp to the other player.

Edited by dwqrf

2 hours ago, DrivaMain said:

that's another reason not to visit hydron with unprepared players to level up

2 hours ago, BeldarTheBrave said:

Your suggestion of using Saturn to level because it's easier doesn't really hold up. Saturn and Sedna are of equal difficulty as I generally kill everything in one hit regardless.

using unranked weapons for level up?

1 hour ago, F8ted said:

SO/ESO isn't random. I'm not sure if it has ever been, but they follow a particular sequence that changes every so often. I know this because I absolutely use SO for leveling frames if necessary and ESO to level weapons. There is not even a close second since Draco. You also don't need to run around to get focus orbs and it forces everyone to stay in the same room. Enemies spawn faster, eximus units spawn more frequently, and the entire point is for people to blast as many enemies as fast as possible rather than protect a box or activate survival pylons. There is some palpable elitism in folks here that think it takes any more than the single saryn/volt/mesa to clear up to round 8 and do so without weapons. Hell, it's only too bad Excalibur Umbra can't get affinity for your weapons while your operator's out, because operator can go 8 rounds ESO with a small setup.

So I agree with OP, Hydron is for Relics. However lower level missions are not the way. Less enemies spawn, lower chance for heavy and eximus units, and objectives become more difficult to maintain the longer one is in an endless mission to promote resetting. Just go to SO/ESO and stay until round 8. Doesn't matter if you do no damage, someone else has already killed the room. Biggest annoyance is people leaving at round 1 or 2 because there is no way to fail out without burning all your revives, if the timer runs out you successfully extract. Oh and it takes some serious effort for an Equinox or Ember to be useful, so you wont be plagued by someone standing around burning all the enemies without trying. 

saturn has a steady flow of heavy and eximus in 5 minutes or so, giving you easy enemies to kill while providing massive amount of exp

3 hours ago, DrivaMain said:

I have done it in a group of unprepared players at level 70. I was prepared, they were not. I killed him in under 2 minutes.

48 minutes ago, 844448 said:

saturn has a steady flow of heavy and eximus in 5 minutes or so, giving you easy enemies to kill while providing massive amount of exp

I mean, I could go run 5 minutes in Helene and compare it to 5 minutes in Sanctuary. Hell I'd even do Titan for 5 minutes to give it some sort of running chance. Then compare it to 5 minutes SO, and then to 5 minutes of ESO. I mean that's all of 15 minutes to prove how the difference in affinity is like an order of magnitude, but I cannot control all the variables simply. Perhaps I can see if some clan mates will do it with me for consistency. Wouldn't want you to think I purposely sucked at a map many less people visit.

ESO gets your weapons maxed in 3 to 4 zones 

it’s the same as hydron but more enemies with no delays and a higher chance of having a saryn in your team for more warframe affinity it’s objectively better just don’t leave until zone 8 or let efficiency run out because some people (the saryn)  like to go all out and aren’t just there to help you level 

Edited by (PS4)CodyXSavageX

7 hours ago, 844448 said:

Hydron is not a place to farm exp

This is a high level place to get things such as relics, and you better be prepared for everything

Uhm.... High Level ? They're just level 35-40 Enemies at Wave 20... and since that exactly how long it takes to level a single weapon from 0 to 30 then I would say its perfectly fine... the wolf is an A****** and should be deleted.

2. Hydron is not an efficient node for exp

We don't want effeciency.... we want speed... 

Now im not saying that its best or the fastest but if its just you and you're friends on at the moment then you can't go wrong with Hydron.... unless people leave.... which they always do.

You want my node? Try titan on saturn, no need to defend a pod, just defend yourself with no risk of failing because the fugitives are wrecking the pod

I don't want your Node... 

The best way to farm XP is with an organised group.... preferebly friends...

With that theres a bunch of differen't ways you can get XP.... fissures,  Sorties, Kuva Survival, SanctuRy Onslaught.... the amount of S#&$ you ca get done with an Organised group pales in comparison to which node is good for whatever. And its ot just for XP... its for everything.... want to farm Ivara ? Ge three friends and splitthe vaults.... quick and Dirty.... how about hidden caches ? Same deal.... 3 Friends , one does the objective while the rest search.... how about Croytic ? 3 Friends all using defense frames.... everyone baby sits their excavator.... can have to 3 runnibg simultaneously. 

The list goes on.... forming a network of consistent players is the answer to everything in Warframe.... its a also impossible it would seem.... especially with al this burn out.

People just use Hydron/Helene because thats your best bet when going with Randoms.

7 minutes ago, Lutesque said:

People just use Hydron/Helene because thats your best bet when going with Randoms.

Sanctuary Onslaught, Elite Sanctuary Onslaught /thread

Like seriously obviously the OP losing their mind over having to carry someone in any mission in this game like its difficult, but nothing comes close to bowing to Samiris. You, and anyone who cares to go right ahead and play whichever level you like. Go to Mot for all I care. Even that pales next to the sanctuary. Hydron is laughable too. I took exception with the thought that Helene was better for farming than Hydron, and then the OP goes to try and argue that one gets more affinity than the former. Not only is this untrue, but there are at least two locations better than Hydron will ever hope to be: Sanctuary Onslaught, and Elite Sanctuary Onslaught. You ought to at least try it once to see what you are missing.  

3 minutes ago, F8ted said:

Like seriously obviously the OP losing their mind over having to carry someone in any mission in this game like its difficult, but nothing comes close to bowing to Samiris. You, and anyone who cares to go right ahead and play whichever level you like. Go to Mot for all I care. Even that pales next to the sanctuary. Hydron is laughable too. I took exception with the thought that Helene was better for farming than Hydron, and then the OP goes to try and argue that one gets more affinity than the former. Not only is this untrue, but there are at least two locations better than Hydron will ever hope to be: Sanctuary Onslaught, and Elite Sanctuary Onslaught. You ought to at least try it once to see what you are missing.  

And that's stlll not the fastest way to gain xp.

9 minutes ago, Zilchy said:

And that's stlll not the fastest way to gain xp.

By far, yes it is. Don't worry, I've even gone about stealth farming. SO and ESO are still orders of magnitude faster.

23 minutes ago, F8ted said:

wrong guess, nice try though. The reason I don't like people going to hydron is they're not prepared for something that pops out like wolf and complain they can't kill it with their weapons

42 minutes ago, Lutesque said:

Uhm.... High Level ? They're just level 35-40 Enemies at Wave 20... and since that exactly how long it takes to level a single weapon from 0 to 30 then I would say its perfectly fine... the wolf is an A****** and should be deleted.

We don't want effeciency.... we want speed... 

Now im not saying that its best or the fastest but if its just you and you're friends on at the moment then you can't go wrong with Hydron.... unless people leave.... which they always do.

I don't want your Node... 

The best way to farm XP is with an organised group.... preferebly friends...

With that theres a bunch of differen't ways you can get XP.... fissures,  Sorties, Kuva Survival, SanctuRy Onslaught.... the amount of S#&$ you ca get done with an Organised group pales in comparison to which node is good for whatever. And its ot just for XP... its for everything.... want to farm Ivara ? Ge three friends and splitthe vaults.... quick and Dirty.... how about hidden caches ? Same deal.... 3 Friends , one does the objective while the rest search.... how about Croytic ? 3 Friends all using defense frames.... everyone baby sits their excavator.... can have to 3 runnibg simultaneously. 

The list goes on.... forming a network of consistent players is the answer to everything in Warframe.... its a also impossible it would seem.... especially with al this burn out.

I always bring randoms in titan on saturn because there are more room for them to contribute even with unranked gears with nice amount of exp (250 exp per kill from elite lancers while not too hard to kill with unranked)

But ESO isn't a good place to farm xp. Don't spread stupidity.

ESO is a good place to SQUAT xp. Which is a disgrace.

If you go there with a dps frame, you won't get affinity on your weapon, so if you spread this information and people (which they already do) start going there to do nothing and wait until other people kill everything, well, it WONT work well.

• Like 1

Let me clarify about stealth farming. It's great if you plan on leveling anything solo. In such a case you can only provide meaningful experience to one item, what you use to kill. For solo play you cannot level your primary weapon by only using your melee, or not very fast at all as affinity bleeds at a very small rate. In any sort of endless mission solo it causes the same issue, if you want to level the item you had better be using it. In groups, their item affinity bleeds to you, meaning as long as someone in the team is using a primary as their go to, then you will get a handsome amount of affinity for it. Back to solo, stealth can in fact be decent under some pretty particular circumstances. You must be using the item you are to be leveling, you must get full stealth affinity bonus, and it must be fairly easy to do so. The stealth affinity bonus caps at 500%, or to look at it a different way, each kill counts as 6. So, for stealth leveling to actually be faster you must kill at 1/6 the rate of the competition. This is again, for one weapon. Now, while this seems like a feasible shortcut, you must reach within the same territory as ESO does in 20 minutes or so, which is in the thousands. In addition, these enemies scale and again eximus units occur in much greater relative frequency to regular units. While the affinity curve does leave much to be desired, the rate of spawn will surpass 6 times the number of units in any stealth based farm. Also, for the record none of this cares to bat an eye at the fact that we are laudably comparing a loki sneaking around on a starchart node killing more enemies than 2 saryns, a volt, and a trinity clearing spawn after spawn before they can move. 

So tldr? ESO is better by the sheer fact that more than 6x the enemies are killed than during stealth, which is the magical maximum benefit it gives you. I would absolutely love if stealth got some love, and hopefully this doesn't ruin it for you, but no. Again, on the graves of Viver and Draco I swear to the Lotus, the fastest way to level is ESO.  

23 minutes ago, 844448 said:

wrong guess, nice try though. The reason I don't like people going to hydron is they're not prepared for something that pops out like wolf and complain they can't kill it with their weapons

20 minutes ago, dwqrf said:

But ESO isn't a good place to farm xp. Don't spread stupidity.

ESO is a good place to SQUAT xp. Which is a disgrace.

If you go there with a dps frame, you won't get affinity on your weapon, so if you spread this information and people (which they already do) start going there to do nothing and wait until other people kill everything, well, it WONT work well.

Love the names guys. Welcome to Warframe. I've been playing since mods came out. How can I help you today?