Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Hydron is an overrated exp farm node

43 minutes ago, F8ted said:

this is relatively efficient for a veteran to keep up at just about all times.

- Why waste plat on boosters 24/7 when you don't have anything to level / forma
- ESO doesn't let you level frames only weapons and is slow without a nuke carry or group end too soon. SO is even worst with out a carry
- If he can do it in 5min with booster its about 10min without still an effective speeds when most do hydron and need about 40+ min to max out frame.
- Why am I quoted when your comment is not aimed at me? I said no boosters. I know of stealth farming but thought it was nerfed long ago.

8 hours ago, Zelmen said:

- Why waste plat on boosters 24/7 when you don't have anything to level / forma
- ESO doesn't let you level frames only weapons and is slow without a nuke carry or group end too soon. SO is even worst with out a carry
- If he can do it in 5min with booster its about 10min without still an effective speeds when most do hydron and need about 40+ min to max out frame.
- Why am I quoted when your comment is not aimed at me? I said no boosters. I know of stealth farming but thought it was nerfed long ago.

• The guy that did that run has 6730 plat.
  • He has large boosters activated.
  • He is doing it with a friend that is avoiding killing everything while being the cc and the vault runner.
  • Effectively he had someone else level his warframe up but did magnitudes more effort by having to stealth kill every enemy, which ultimately ended up being an impressive 147.
  • The calculation is he must kill enemies at least a ratio of 1:6 for stealth to be worth it, the affinity bonus is +500%
  • For math purposes that means a team needs to kill a mere 882 enemies in 5 minutes, 441 enemies in a round, or 176 per minute. That's 44 kills per player per minute.
  • His stealth mission where he had someone ccing for him, and walking around finishing everyone he killed things at a rate of 30 per minute.
  • He did it with a maxed out Melee weapon, so it only leveled one thing in the time it takes ESO to level 2-3.
  • I am personally against Hydron because it is slower even than stealth leveling. 
  • SO being treated as unreliable because you may not have one person to carry is pretty irrelevant considering how disciplined a carry you need to produce these stealth results.
  • I quoted you because he successfully misled you into thinking you are going to easily go into a spy exterminate mission with no boosters and level a frame to max.
  • Stealth farming has had the Oro nerfed out of it. Back in the day we used to mess with the spawns in capture missions to have infinite enemies. DE said no. 

I literally have no concerns where anyone chooses to level. You like to bash your face against Captain Vor until all your MR fodder runs out be my guest. You want the fastest way to consistently and easily level your stuff? Sanctuary Onslaught or Elite Sanctuary Onslaught. /thread

Edited by F8ted
Some incorrect assumptions have been struckthrough and replaced with proper information
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, F8ted said:

/thread

👏Well explained. It takes a lot more than a screenshot to misled me into thinking I can easily do anything. All it does it make me refresh other possibilities in case I missed something in a patch. I got nothing to debate because I already agree with those point. /clem 

20 hours ago, 844448 said:

So many people use hydron as exp farm nowadays, being unprepared and complain when wolf decided to visit and say hello and here's my thoughts about this

1. Hydron is not a place to farm exp

This is a high level place to get things such as relics, and you better be prepared for everything

2. Hydron is not an efficient node for exp

A bit of copy paste from the wiki

When you kill an enemy, the Affinity gained is shown on screen underlined in blue. It is calculated as:
Affinity = Enemy Base Affinity × (1 + 0.1425 × Enemy Level0.5)

Because the square root is taken of the enemy's level, the actual benefit of facing high-level enemies is minimal. For example, killing a level 100 Napalm would give 1213 Affinity, less than twice the Affinity you would get from a level 3 Napalm (623). Therefore, "farming" Affinity is easier when killing many low level enemies instead of withstanding very powerful ones.

With this calculation, I suggest to do missions on saturn instead of sedna because the difference in exp is small but far easier to kill. Another thing to consider, wolf might be changed to scale with mission level because I met a level 7 wolf on venus so you will have to struggle less than in sedna

You want my node? Try titan on saturn, no need to defend a pod, just defend yourself with no risk of failing because the fugitives are wrecking the pod

Except I can max rank a weapon in ten waves on Hyrdon with an affinity booster so buh bye

12 minutes ago, (PS4)FriendSharkey said:

I have no idea how anyone can actually sit in Hydron for anything past the first wave without feeling their lives actually dying minute by minute...

You mean you don't netflix while "playing"?

Il y a 11 heures, Lutesque a dit :

The problem with Sanctuary Onslaught is that it only works if you have someone who can leech off of.... 

All too often I have seen people go in there and oops... theres no nuke Frame... and everything that follows after that is a S#&$ show where eventually effeciency drops and everybody has to leave.

This isn't an issue with Hydron/Helene/IO.... you can hop in there with whatever and whoever and as long as everyone pulls their own weight you can max weapons in 20 waves and Warframes in 2 20 wave Sets.... its pub friendly and more importantly its honest....

Il y a 11 heures, -Temp0- a dit :

It requires exactly ONE dps to kill, and if you have that one you're already doing nothing.

And theres BOUND to be at least one. So if you're a dps yourself going for focus and hate others, your best best is to play solo. Always had, always will be.

That said i literlaly NEVER saw anyone complaining about hybrid trinity, fast nova,buffer rhino and similar warframes in onslaught. Even when they dont rakk 2000+ kills. This idiotic cave man mentality that contribution only means da sweet kills in a horde pve game with buffer and support frames is the definition of ourdated and gross af. It brings back vietnam flashbacks of pvp games where idiots that typically were losing a round or game were calling supports leeches just because "they dont kill" anything. Good freaking god.

I enjoy the healer and the support role. I really do. I really think it's needed, and I would never spit on it. I'm just saying that if you go in ESO in PUG, everyonce in a while, it will not work out. Because people leaves, because you don't farm XP on your gear if YOU are the dps, and well, you won't make XP happens if you are a support/healer, leading to some really instable group and overall performance.

After that, if you are trying to argue about "Where is the best place to farm XP for ONE player while 3 other vets are powerleveling him", yeah, sure, ESO is the best place.

But for any "Normal" player, going to ESO naked with a Trinity just to SQUAT xp, even if you are the best Vampire/Healer of the game - sometimes, it will not work, because the full squad will be 4 Trinity here to leech xp (but being really full of energy and life, great).

This is the reason why I don't support the idea of accepting and sharing the fact that "Eso is a great place to level up your gear". It technicaly is. But it's not "accessible" for any non-organised groups or single players. Especially since ESO isn't just about plain xp, but also focus, and the rot C is really damn far, and host migration are a thing. Farming 8 waves of ESO became a pain, in pug, lately, because people only go there to leech. So yeah, solo is the solution and isn't even remotely difficult with a Saryn, but it's annoying not to be able to push the group to the sweet loot. Because people leave once they leech enough, and if it's not the right group, they'll quit to find a better group to leech. Pure fact.

While yeah, Hydron and Helene are great not because their spawn speed or else, but because of the small size of the map allowing everybody to be in affinity range. Any other Endless mission SHOULD do similar results if players behave themselves.

• Like 1

Fix nuke frames that can stand still and destroy an entire map with the press of a single button and the problem you’re describing will fix itself.  Nobody will come to Hydron  with and unmodded banshee and Beaton mk-1 ever again.  I refuse to play ember, Saryn, and other frames like them specifically because it’s so dull and it’s worse when I’m playing a run and gun game with one of them. 

22 minutes ago, dwqrf said:

I enjoy the healer and the support role. I really do. I really think it's needed, and I would never spit on it. I'm just saying that if you go in ESO in PUG, everyonce in a while, it will not work out. Because people leaves, because you don't farm XP on your gear if YOU are the dps, and well, you won't make XP happens if you are a support/healer, leading to some really instable group and overall performance.

After that, if you are trying to argue about "Where is the best place to farm XP for ONE player while 3 other vets are powerleveling him", yeah, sure, ESO is the best place.

But for any "Normal" player, going to ESO naked with a Trinity just to SQUAT xp, even if you are the best Vampire/Healer of the game - sometimes, it will not work, because the full squad will be 4 Trinity here to leech xp (but being really full of energy and life, great).

This is the reason why I don't support the idea of accepting and sharing the fact that "Eso is a great place to level up your gear". It technicaly is. But it's not "accessible" for any non-organised groups or single players. Especially since ESO isn't just about plain xp, but also focus, and the rot C is really damn far, and host migration are a thing. Farming 8 waves of ESO became a pain, in pug, lately, because people only go there to leech. So yeah, solo is the solution and isn't even remotely difficult with a Saryn, but it's annoying not to be able to push the group to the sweet loot. Because people leave once they leech enough, and if it's not the right group, they'll quit to find a better group to leech. Pure fact.

While yeah, Hydron and Helene are great not because their spawn speed or else, but because of the small size of the map allowing everybody to be in affinity range. Any other Endless mission SHOULD do similar results if players behave themselves.

Trinity + 3 dps as long as you have Energy Vampire unlocked is arguably the best possible set up. If you go Equinox instead you boost your DPS's power by at least another Intensify worth. "Where is the best place to farm XP for ONE 3 players while 3 1 other vet is powerleveling him them", yeah, sure ESO is the best place. <----fixed. Who said anything about me not being able to carry your butt to 8 by myself? Just use your 2. I'd tell you to dance but "Emote items are not compatible with the Experiment". I do like how you think that it is remotely likely that out of 39 Warframes, all 4 in a group are going to be trinity. Like some more math? That's a 1 in 2,313,441 chance. There isn't even a drop that bad in this game, and is 282 times less likely than encountering a shiny Pokemon. Also, inb4 Wisp, with her it is 1 in 2,560,000. 

ESO being about focus is actually the nougats in the candy that no one truly knows is the magic. It is the reason why Veterans farm the ever living Oro out of it. Besides the fact it drops you full on radiants, it is second only to the Eidolons in focus farming. So help me Lotus no one argue with me on that. This, in addition to forcing people to stay in a single room, are all it needs to be a paradise for leechers, and for me not to give a Clem. All I want is more spawns, all I care you do is stay 8 rounds. You can have free levels and radiants. You can try to kill the enemies if you care to, but I honestly prefer a Trinity to anything else. 

Now the points of: Host migration, people only going there to leech, people leave once they leech enough, and leaving if they don't like the group--are all universal problems with missions that we can at all argue are being done for XP. Are there no Host migrations on Helene? Are there no leechers (you included of course) going to leech in Hydron? Do all groups forming there stay until round 25? Of course not. I could literally say this about any mission. They are platitudes. 

So in the end, for any reason Hydron could be better, ESO could also be better. None of the problems are unique to either one. The fundamental difference that matters is the spawn rate of enemies, and the ratio of eximus units to those enemies. In case you were wondering this is why Draco was so good. It wasn't magical. It had a lot of unit spawns, both regular and eximus, and the map was slightly smaller than they have remade it to. Stealth affinity shenanigans were the thing then too, and this argument similarly played out to similar results. But since SO and ESO didn't exist at that time, the clear winner was Draco, a high level Grineer interception. These days, I burn my lenses in the Sanctuary day after day after day. I love me some stealth but DE hasn't looked at that since Ivara. So it sucks. I love me some survival as I got me my survival emblem, but people can't stay in the same room. Defense has an annoying pause between rounds and a limited enemy spawn per round, which is annoying, and generally has me favoring Mobile Defense if for some reason I'm done in the sanctuary. Nothing compares, not even close. This is from someone who is generally leveling focus, so I actually want to get more XP than it takes to level something to max, over and over again. My numbers need to be higher than ever occurs in Hydron, and although the stealth strategy is novel, it requires a lot more set up than running a DPS frame. 

Go ahead and play as you want. I have stated multiple times that I care not where anybody farms. You however have some dangerous commentary: 

57 minutes ago, dwqrf said:

This is the reason why I don't support the idea of accepting and sharing the fact that "Eso is a great place to level up your gear".

But ESO isn't a good place to farm xp. Don't spread stupidity.

Not only are these comments against forum rules, they imply that you have a problem with people using ESO to level. I don't care that people level in Hydron, but how would I be worth my Stratos if I told people they cannot play how they want? I would have to have some ulterior motive, like convincing people to play where I like to level up so matchmaking doesn't take as long. I'd have to assume my fun is worth more than other players'. I'd have to realize after 6 years of gearing that I still need 3 randoms to farm exactly where and how I wanted. The OP is also wrong in that people should not level in Hydron. If they like it, cool, go right ahead. Sadly if you PuG instead of group you are at the mercy of people leaving, leaching, moving, and migrating. I was simply offering the fastest option to level, as anyone who feels it absolutely necessary to level in Hydron even if they don't like it can consider options. Even with our stealth buddy, I didn't say "don't do stealth missions". I was called out by another option, stealth, and the relative speed it works. While impressive it still lags behind the rate in SO and ESO. People should never be told they "should not do a mission". Telling people "you should try this, it may be better", is acceptable.  

I should point out that F8ted's maths is correct guys. Adaro is the fastest way to level frames and melee weapons. For primary, secondary weapons, sentinels etc I use ESO. These are the 2 fastest methods by a country mile. If ESO allowed you to take a non-maxed frame to it, then that would probably be faster. 

2 hours ago, dwqrf said:

I agree....

I mean.... the way I see it... People are under no obligation to go to rotation C in any game mode... y attitute in these situations is "Be Ready To Go Alone".... I hate playing solo but I do try to choose a loadout that will atleast will me scrape by if I happen to wind up Solo... it literally doesn't matter, ESO, Tridolons, Exploiter,  Ambulas Sortie, ETC... I always factor in I might have to go alone....

Edited by Lutesque

il y a une heure, F8ted a dit :

Trinity + 3 dps -

Okay, we can all agree on few simple thing :  if you want to farm XP on ONE weapon, in the most efficient way possible, you need to do one thing : leech. Sit around someone killing things for you, so you guarantee, with only one weapon equipped, a 75% of the xp to this specific piece of gear. Wiether or not you are buffing, healing, crowd controling, etc, just not kill is the key or else the xp share become 50% for the weapon and 50% for the frame.

To further guarantee the leeching process, you need to make a group where there is at least one dps which isn't you. And a maximum number of players for max enemies spawn.

And to be sure it's a map with a lot of enemies, a higher average level, and a small map size to ensure affinity range, yes, ESO will be the place.

Okay. So that's the facts. Not saying anyone should or shouldn't play like that. Just stating facts. About one specific way to farm xp which isnt stealth farming

But you are talking on a forum where everybody isn't ready or able to form a specific group to farm xp. Some people do that on they own, solo, or on pick up group. So what are the healthy core message this argument could insipre with this strategy, exatcly ? 1) Form a group with a dps and three leecher. 2) Be a leecher on pug. Anything else ?.

il y a une heure, F8ted a dit :

Not only are these comments against forum rules, they imply that you have a problem with people using ESO to level.

So with everything explained above, no, none of my comment are against the rule. I DISAGREE with it, that's my own opinion with it. If you say to me that [Rifle Aptitude] is a good mod, i would say the same, that's it's stupid to say that, and that i disagree with it. Now you play with it or not, I don't care really much, but I still call for reason.

Now, yes, ESO is a great place to farm focus, inducing you already have a maxed gear with lens everywhere ready to ignore the division of affinity on equipment piece and participate as much as possible to the grind -

But affinity wise, if you are not with a specific group with one dps and three dancer, it isn't smart to tell people to go just for 2-3 round of eso to leech  and skip rewards and ruin runs. And whenI say ruin run, I just mean that some people go to ESO for the rotations or the challenge, not for the xp, and that's for sure their fault of expecting it to be good group if they go in pug, else they should make their own group or go solo. For sure. But you get the point. Not everyone can group, again.

And you talk about the probability of having 4 Trinity, which is mathematically flawed, because you forgot to include both popularity and tendency, which are growing higher every time some people say in a forum "eso is the best place to farm affinity, go there with a trinity and leech."

But that's only my own opinion, which is why this forum exist. Now, you do you, but I also have the right to advocate against.

Edited by dwqrf

9 часов назад, Psykhe27 сказал:

I have absolutely no clue how you did that.

You wont be able to do it alone so those kind of methods are irrelevant for most people.

You need someone who has the right frame and loadout and whats even more important, agrees to take you along when you need it.

Цитата

I enjoy the healer and the support role. I really do. I really think it's needed, and I would never spit on it. I'm just saying that if you go in ESO in PUG, everyonce in a while, it will not work out.

And thats why I said theres always next game.

And coming to SO leveling warframe in a pug group is pointless because again like I said, most people level frames there so its better to go solo. In SO or some survival mission.

In most cases in ESO there will be at least one dps if you level weapons, if theres none - which is a VERY rare occurance, theres always next game. World wont end either way.

Цитата

You know you can actually.

Just leave.

Thats right. That function exists in pve casual games. Does wonders.

Which actually begs the question, since a single dps and it doesnt even matter which out of 3 not counting Volt because he has more troubles dealing with high lv armor than the rest can effortlessly and brainlessly complete 8 ESO waves alone (and most pug groups neven make it to 8th even). Why does he need anyone with him?

Maybe he needs something from those dirty dirty leeches? Oh my. What a thought.

4 hours ago, dwqrf said:

Okay, we can all agree on few simple thing :  if you want to farm XP on ONE weapon, in the most efficient way possible, you need to do one thing : leech. Sit around someone killing things for you, so you guarantee, with only one weapon equipped, a 75% of the xp to this specific piece of gear. Wiether or not you are buffing, healing, crowd controling, etc, just not kill is the key or else the xp share become 50% for the weapon and 50% for the frame.

To further guarantee the leeching process, you need to make a group where there is at least one dps which isn't you. And a maximum number of players for max enemies spawn.

And to be sure it's a map with a lot of enemies, a higher average level, and a small map size to ensure affinity range, yes, ESO will be the place.

Okay. So that's the facts. Not saying anyone should or shouldn't play like that. Just stating facts. About one specific way to farm xp which isnt stealth farming

But you are talking on a forum where everybody isn't ready or able to form a specific group to farm xp. Some people do that on they own, solo, or on pick up group. So what are the healthy core message this argument could insipre with this strategy, exatcly ? 1) Form a group with a dps and three leecher. 2) Be a leecher on pug. Anything else ?.

There is no more difficulty in building an effective team for any endless mission. I actually couldn't care less if you used any starchart node as comparison. In order to level anywhere you leech. I mean that's exactly why the affinity system is designed as it is. There is an inherent enormous benefit to having 4 people killing at the fastest pace. To keep the Equinox/Saryn/Mesa from getting all the XP, the affinity is shared with the team. Sure you can level 1 particular weapon faster by only using it, but you can run one main weapon and level two others. This has absolutely no detriment to the team, and assuming you need to level those two, it levels them. I never brought up how it was splitting affinity because it is irrelevant. We are simply comparing how fast one gains affinity. Splitting between the weapons simply levels those other weapons as well. Yes again in any mission it is faster leveling a single equipped piece, but if leeching is a problem you are literally aiming to do just that, and only that. That's not even to say if leeching is a problem for ESO, why is it not a problem with your choice? On top of that, does your mission attract fully geared veterans to clear it as fast as possible to level their focus?

The healthy core message is: if you are a new player and need some free runs to level your Warframe, go to SO. If you need to level your gear, go to ESO. Despite being a leecher these are filled with fully geared veterans that have pissing contests with the kill charts. If you would rather level up by yourself in whatever strategy meets your fancy, then go do it, this is just the "LF help leveling my stuff PM." in a single click. 

4 hours ago, dwqrf said:

So with everything explained above, no, none of my comment are against the rule. I DISAGREE with it, that's my own opinion with it. If you say to me that [Rifle Aptitude] is a good mod, i would say the same, that's it's stupid to say that, and that i disagree with it. Now you play with it or not, I don't care really much, but I still call for reason.

Now, yes, ESO is a great place to farm focus, inducing you already have a maxed gear with lens everywhere ready to ignore the division of affinity on equipment piece and participate as much as possible to the grind -

But affinity wise, if you are not with a specific group with one dps and three dancer, it isn't smart to tell people to go just for 2-3 round of eso to leech  and skip rewards and ruin runs. And whenI say ruin run, I just mean that some people go to ESO for the rotations or the challenge, not for the xp, and that's for sure their fault of expecting it to be good group if they go in pug, else they should make their own group or go solo. For sure. But you get the point. Not everyone can group, again.

And you talk about the probability of having 4 Trinity, which is mathematically flawed, because you forgot to include both popularity and tendency, which are growing higher every time some people say in a forum "eso is the best place to farm affinity, go there with a trinity and leech."

But that's only my own opinion, which is why this forum exist. Now, you do you, but I also have the right to advocate against.

You are spewing meta complaints. In other words, you are complaining simply that others are complaining. That adds nothing to the conversation besides vain fluff. You aren't as bad as most but this is harassment. You can tell me that you would never use Rifle Aptitude, or even question the hypothetical nature of using the mod and the detriment it serves. For example "dual stat mods exist, why would I use Rifle Aptitude?" Not only does this allow a further conversation by opening the door to other options being considered, it is not aggressively punishing someone for having an opinion. 

There is no more a specific group for ESO than there is for whichever mission you want me to compare it to. Even the stealth melee run can be done with a few different Warframes. I remarked that it is incredibly unlikely that there would be 4 Trinitys, which albeit slightly flawed, is not entirely sophistry. I have still yet to see a full Saryn team, and while anecdote is not data, Saryn's play rate far exceeds Trinity's especially in ESO. The only reason I even mentioned Trinity is because you personally said you liked to play support. Not only did I suggest Trinity as one of my favorite symbiotic leeches, I at least mentioned that Equinox has spectacular advantages too. In fact, basically all I ask of leechers is to stay. Now there are the folk going there for rotations, challenge is still basically nonexistent, but most are also either leveling focus or gear. In fact as I said before: come leech in ESO, it's free radiants. Someone could go about and create a group to go past round 8, where challenge may actually exist, but this takes very particular team design. Definitely not puggable with any reliability, so most don't try. However, making it to round 8 itself? Just one other person for spawns is all I need, but the biggest problem is people leaving early, not pulling their weight. In case it hasn't been clear, I am usually one of the blast the ever living crap out of anything that breathes because I am leveling focus, not weapons or Warframes. I am not talking about being the one leeching. I am cordially inviting you to leech with the overgeared. 

2 minutes ago, -Temp0- said:

Maybe he needs something from those dirty dirty leeches? Oh my. What a thought.

This. I want people to stay until round 8 to level their crap up. I need me some affinity and I'm running one of the best setups in the game. Please, fill the Sanctuary with people. It is better than randomly decided nodes throughout the starchart.

19 hours ago, Lutesque said:

All too often I have seen people go in there and oops... theres no nuke Frame... and everything that follows after that is a S#&amp;&#036; show where eventually effeciency drops and everybody has to leave.

This isn't an issue with Hydron/Helene/IO.... you can hop in there with whatever and whoever and as long as everyone pulls their own weight you can max weapons in 20 waves and Warframes in 2 20 wave Sets.... its pub friendly and more importantly its honest.... 

Emphasis added.

A lot of the time, people don't pull their own weight in either mode. The leech meta says that if you have a single piece of unranked gear or want to level multiple pieces of gear all at once, you benefit the most if others do the killing. 

The OP thinks that this is a problem in ESO, but they are trying to "fix" it by breaking a part of the game which is not the cause of the problem. 

Anyone who's done an eidolon hunt knows that you don't expect the support frames to be dealing as much damage as the dps frames.

In ESO, focus farmers will usually want a nuke frame to help them collect as much as possible by giving 100% of the affinity from ability kills to their Frame. They could take only unranked weapons, never fire a single shot, and still do the most damage in the squad. The support frames are meant to be buffing that nuke frame, that boosts the efficiency of the squad, even if they don't get as many kills so again their gear is not the most important factor in their contribution to the killing.

Generally I find that it helps to have at least one good weapon at all times, so I can step up as needed, even if I am playing as the Saryn. That is totally different from claiming that everyone needs to be kitted out with only max ranked gear. 

The problem of leechers isn't that ESO allows it, it's that some of them use ESO, SO, Hydron, Helene, the Plains, Orb Vallis, et cetera, to afk-leech and contribute nothing of any significance to the squads success. 

9 hours ago, Psykhe27 said:

I have absolutely no clue how you did that.

Ask what frame his buddy was using when he the screenshot was taken. 😉