Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Hydron is an overrated exp farm node

25 minutes ago, Lutesque said:

This is borderline false.

They aren't there to help newbies.... they are there to help themselves.... and if you just so happen to join a group with 3 other leeches well then all of you are #*!%ed.... leave at zone 1, leave squad then try again and pray you find someone farming Khora....

Look. This is the same even for starchart nodes. Leveling gear is leeching. You want to farm the node for what it gives you? You in theory should bring the proper setup even if you are pugging it. Granted since the hardest thing in this game is the flappy Zephyr minigame, it really doesn't matter what you bring. While I am in no way condoning 3 Ivaras in permanent prowl with "w" taped down, that is exactly as much help as people need from their companions. Yep they are free to leave whenever they want because that's an inefficient team, but not even ESO requires a team.

Granted, that is exactly the same argument to be made for any node you could talk about. There isn't, for example, a node that prevents people from bringing in level 30 equipment. There is no "default" leveling zone catered to new players and enforced by DE. This is actually against their design philosophy that has always been to create an atmosphere that veterans and new players coexist in. One that whereby someone farming for plastids can assist someone farming levels. A place where people consider running through the Derilict (Nightwave) even though they have all the corrupted mods, because new players still need them. This inclusiveness has allowed Warframe to be active this long and why every example of "endgame" actually has a relatively low MR requirement, and incentives for both new players and veterans. 

So in the end, if there is ever a glaring reason why new players wouldn't be able to go into ESO in order to level, that is where DE would make a change. While mutually ignoring every and all requests for a vote to kick system or gear requirement outside of max level Warframes, which again is achievable in a couple of missions if you do it right. Arguably both Draco and the previous Viver were targeted not for their efficiency, but because they required a particular set up of Warframes to achieve results. Since this was alienating players who did not have that set up, and it was causing some serious nerfing of the Warframes involved, they basically ruined the levels. It took more than just lowering the level for what it's worth, they completely redesigned both map tiles. 

17 minutes ago, -AiLuoLi- said:

Only plebs farm at ESO/helene/hydron. Real men farm at Draco.

I definitely used to before they ruined it. Viver before that. Want to guess what the default was before Viver?

6 minutes ago, F8ted said:

I definitely used to before they ruined it. Viver before that. Want to guess what the default was before Viver?

Xini, Kiste, Sechura, Viver, Stephano, Cerberus, Draco.

Might have missed a couple, it was a long time ago lol.

I remember Kappa being super ancient exp farming but I may be wrong.

I didn't start playing until Draco was the best farm after all (played about four years already, give or take a couple of months)

3 minutes ago, Zilchy said:

Xini, Kiste, Sechura, Viver, Stephano, Cerberus, Draco.

Might have missed a couple, it was a long time ago lol.

All fine places and for sure Draco and Viver in their days. Dark Sectors stuff is great for its day but I was actually looking for:

Just now, Datam4ss said:

I remember Kappa being super ancient exp farming but I may be wrong.

I didn't start playing until Draco was the best farm after all (played about four years already, give or take a couple of months)

Yep. Kappa on Sedna. Now back in those days there were no survival. Though survival only really shook the scene for the brief period life support didn't exist and was the rough foundation of what we see in Sanctuary Onslaught these days. A single tile whereby enemies will pour in until it overwhelms you. Why Kappa was the best is lost in time as well, as there was still the Void that had higher level enemies. It still has the same layout, being all sprawled between 3 defense points in a row. The reason this was great was in those days, there was no Affinity Range, so you could park someone on each of the objectives the whole time and vastly increase the number of enemies that spawned, in addition, it didn't matter where on the map you were, Affinity was shared. I'm not sure if this, or the fact that they used it to nerf Trinity's blessing which at the time gave true invulnerability, is why we have a pretty arbitrarily low distance these days. Looking back though, I'd rather Trinity have played by the rules if that were the case because Affinity Range straight ruins survival. 

@Zilchy It's okay. To be fair there have been many strategies over the years. I have no doubt that all my bravado about ESO will be overshadowed by something in the near future. Maybe deception will have an unreasonable amount of affinity associated with it. Who knows?

1 hour ago, F8ted said:

Look. This is the same even for starchart nodes. Leveling gear is leeching. You want to farm the node for what it gives you?

Theres a big difference between sgaring Affinity and leeching off it...

The issue with ESO and SO is that the enemies scale far too quickly a group of low ranked players to go all the way to zone 8 let alone maintain +90% effeciency.... you have to leech for tat mode to work.... this isn't The Same Case for normal Defense which the enemies are manageable for a group of Randoms.... I've done ut many times with players the same rank is me.... all cobtributing to reach wave 20.... No Leechers... well.... moderately low amount of Leechers

19 minutes ago, Lutesque said:

Theres a big difference between sgaring Affinity and leeching off it...

The issue with ESO and SO is that the enemies scale far too quickly a group of low ranked players to go all the way to zone 8 let alone maintain +90% effeciency.... you have to leech for tat mode to work.... this isn't The Same Case for normal Defense which the enemies are manageable for a group of Randoms.... I've done ut many times with players the same rank is me.... all cobtributing to reach wave 20.... No Leechers... well.... moderately low amount of Leechers

Besides the fact that mastery rank means nothing, sure you are correct. If your end be all goal is to level with people who also need to level, then what the heck, go wherever you feel comfortable. I don't care where people play. That's the cool deal of Warframe. You can level in Orokin Sabotage. I take great exception with any argument telling players to "stay out of this mission if you are undergeared." This is toxic, and contrary to the design philosophy of the game. I am happy to help new players level their gear while leveling my focus. I don't mind running people through Raptor to get them a Nova. If they really were after Khora? I can solo 8 rounds SO easy. I'll take the opportunity to level my focus. The point of Warframe is not to scare players off an option because they cannot do it. If there is any reason the game is this easy it is to maintain accessibility to new players. Otherwise it's a grind game that I am years ahead of folks just starting. Since that's about as appealing as trying to build a life size model of the Death Star solo in unmodded Minecraft, most new players would pass. 

11 minutes ago, BelialEliatron said:

What a surprise, another post for crying about some random thing of the game

As much as it is, yours is a meta complaint. Don't complain about people complaining. 

On 2019-05-20 at 3:03 AM, 844448 said:

So many people use hydron as exp farm nowadays, being unprepared and complain when wolf decided to visit and say hello and here's my thoughts about this

1. Hydron is not a place to farm exp

This is a high level place to get things such as relics, and you better be prepared for everything

2. Hydron is not an efficient node for exp

A bit of copy paste from the wiki

When you kill an enemy, the Affinity gained is shown on screen underlined in blue. It is calculated as:
Affinity = Enemy Base Affinity × (1 + 0.1425 × Enemy Level0.5)

Because the square root is taken of the enemy's level, the actual benefit of facing high-level enemies is minimal. For example, killing a level 100 Napalm would give 1213 Affinity, less than twice the Affinity you would get from a level 3 Napalm (623). Therefore, "farming" Affinity is easier when killing many low level enemies instead of withstanding very powerful ones.

With this calculation, I suggest to do missions on saturn instead of sedna because the difference in exp is small but far easier to kill. Another thing to consider, wolf might be changed to scale with mission level because I met a level 7 wolf on venus so you will have to struggle less than in sedna

You want my node? Try titan on saturn, no need to defend a pod, just defend yourself with no risk of failing because the fugitives are wrecking the pod

no. That less xp makes difference when comes to a lot of enemies, killing 100 Napalms lv 3 you will gain ~60k killing 100 napalms lv 100 wi gain 120k

Edited by (PS4)V-_-iniciu-_-s

I know this is by no means the fastest method for farming XP, but I personally like to level non-melee weapons on the Lua spy. Just unequip everything but that one weapon, get as many kills as possible, open the vaults. To me it's more fun and interesting than mindlessly killing endless waves of respawning enemies. Less of an eye strain too, and the vaults are super easy once you know the best way to get through them. It usually takes 6 runs to max a weapon, but only 4 to get it to rank 25 or 26, which is enough to equip enough mods to take your weapon into most activities.

For melee weapons I prefer Saturn spy, since it's easy to get tons of stealthy backstabs on the asteroid tileset, and the spy vaults help too. Usually only takes 3 runs to max.

If you want to just farm XP, then you are correct because the REAL XP farm is SO and ESO. If you want to passively farm XP while also gathering materials, then you need to hit the nodes that have bonuses...
Bonus_Nodes.jpg?width=892&height=527

And as you will notice... Hydron isnt anywhere on that list. When I started, ODD(Orokin Derelict Defense), was the farm spot. Then Draco and now Hydron. They dont stay the top for long. There is a path you have to follow to get SO opened up so for newbies, I made this list, That way they can progress with their MR, weapons, frames and mods lists. It's always a good thing to question what the norm is. When Draco came out, we called the people farming it *Draco Babies* because they have XP but no skill. This list allows  you to make good XP and move up as you acquire more skill.

1 hour ago, ThumpumGood said:

If you want to just farm XP, then you are correct because the REAL XP farm is SO and ESO. If you want to passively farm XP while also gathering materials, then you need to hit the nodes that have bonuses...
Bonus_Nodes.jpg?width=892&height=527

And as you will notice... Hydron isnt anywhere on that list. When I started, ODD(Orokin Derelict Defense), was the farm spot. Then Draco and now Hydron. They dont stay the top for long. There is a path you have to follow to get SO opened up so for newbies, I made this list, That way they can progress with their MR, weapons, frames and mods lists. It's always a good thing to question what the norm is. When Draco came out, we called the people farming it *Draco Babies* because they have XP but no skill. This list allows  you to make good XP and move up as you acquire more skill.

Hmm, considering those boost numbers why isn't Sechura, Pluto a favored spot? I'm a fan of Hieracon and usually like to go there to xp from time to time. I haven't thought of trying SO or ESO for xp simply because i figured people wouldn't approve of randoms levelling in that type of game mode. And do people still go to Akkad anymore, i remember that used to be used a lot for levelling but i noticed they tweaked the map a little there as well?

18 minutes ago, Krucz24 said:

Hmm, considering those boost numbers why isn't Sechura, Pluto a favored spot? I'm a fan of Hieracon and usually like to go there to xp from time to time. I haven't thought of trying SO or ESO for xp simply because i figured people wouldn't approve of randoms levelling in that type of game mode. And do people still go to Akkad anymore, i remember that used to be used a lot for levelling but i noticed they tweaked the map a little there as well?

Almost everyone is in the know that you are probably leveling SOMETHING in SO and ESO.  It's standard practice. There is the occasional person who gets miffed at leveling too many things at once, but for the most part, it's all good.

On 2019-05-22 at 6:16 PM, (PS4)V-_-iniciu-_-s said:

no. That less xp makes difference when comes to a lot of enemies, killing 100 Napalms lv 3 you will gain ~60k killing 100 napalms lv 100 wi gain 120k

can you kill 100 napalms level 100 as fast as killing 100 napalms level 3 when leveling up unranked weapons though?

On 2019-05-22 at 12:07 PM, BelialEliatron said:

Complain about the complaining of a complaining post, :clem:

Complaining about the complaining about the complaining of a complaining post.

...I'll see myself out now.