Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Where did our raids go?

Maybe I speak for myself and myself alone here, but I miss the raids. I see topics talking about how they were boring and unrewarding and all I can do is wish they were back

I came from another world, Azeroth specifically, where boring and unrewarding was the normality. I would sit for hours constantly repeating the same pulls after pulls until eventually 6 hours had gone by and all I had was a repair bill.

Back when I was still relatively new to this game I saw the Law of Retribution and it was the first interaction with other player I had ever had. I had a desire to complete this raid, and in the process I met my very first clan. They were a batch of newbies like me. I remember sitting up night after night trying to get past the locked door because of our poor communication, or theory crafting in our clan meetings to see how we could get further. I remember sitting under a frost dome and laughing harder than I ever had while we all pushed our terribly modded weapons and warframes to their max.

I never did get to finish the raids with my group and, I know some of the best players were able to finish in minutes. I see the topic of endgame brought up a lot. To me, the raids were end game. The raids brought interaction that I don’t have anymore. They gave me something to continuously strive for, something I could maybe never achieve, that’s what made it so desireable for my clan and I. Adding harder raids with larger rewards, I believe, would have satisfied people and given us all something to strive for. 

Maybe im the only one who feels this way, but I found myself back then running to my clan every day to let them know the progress I had made, the weapon I had obtained, the mods I collected. I remember when our newest member showed up in the clan hall with his shiny new frame he had worked for and we all congratulated him. I don’t find myself being overjoyed by progression anymore. I miss the raids I experienced with a naive mind and, I miss the lackluster rewards. 

Does anyone else feel this way about the raid system?

Edited by (XB1)TheQueenNasty
Reworded to clearly articulate myself

On 2019-05-20 at 9:10 AM, (XB1)TheQueenNasty said:

Maybe I speak for myself and myself alone here, but I miss the raids. I see topics talking about how they were boring and unrewarding and all I can do is wish they were back

I came from another world, Azeroth specifically, where boring and unrewarding was the normality. I would sit for hours constantly repeating the same pulls after pulls until eventually 6 hours had gone by and all I had was a repair bill.

Back when I was still relatively new to this game I saw the Law of Retribution and it was the first interaction with other player I had ever had. I had a desire to complete this raid, and in the process I met my very first clan. They were a batch of newbies like me. I remember sitting up night after night trying to get past the locked door because of our poor communication, or theory crafting in our clan meetings to see how we could get further. I remember sitting under a frost dome and laughing harder than I ever had while we all pushed our terribly modded weapons and warframes to their max.

I never did get to finish the raids with my group and, I know some of the best players were able to finish in minutes. I see the topic of endgame brought up a lot. To me, the raids were end game. The raids brought interaction that I don’t have anymore. They gave me something to continuously strive for, something I could maybe never achieve, that’s what made it so desireable for my clan and I. Adding harder raids with larger rewards, I believe, would have satisfied people and given us all something to strive for. 

Maybe im the only one who feels this way, but I found myself back then running to my clan every day to let them know the progress I had made, the weapon I had obtained, the mods I collected. I remember when our newest member showed up in the clan hall with his shiny new frame he had worked for and we all congratulated him. I don’t find myself being overjoyed by progression anymore. I miss the raids I experienced with a naive mind and, I miss the lackluster rewards. 

Does anyone else feel this way about the raid system?

Those who would care about raids are no longer playing the game...

For those fashion frame is not enough.

Warframe is a super casual collecting game, it has no difficult or need for a group to play with...

Best interaction you would need in a group would be to open a door, thats all, and even thou some ppl might come here and ask DE to remove that cuz its to hard to click the panel...

True story...

LoR?  I played LoR like 2 times.  That was the most boring crap id ever done.  Run around, skipping all the enemies, not shooting anything, rushing around standing on circles....seriously?  THAT passes as a "raid".  There was no brainpower, tactics or strategy involved. There was barely any gameplay going on, I mean, besides us as the players moving our Warframes around....beyond that, it was a joke.......Earth lvl 1-3 Extermination is more enjoyable and challenging.....

Le 22/05/2019 à 04:52, Netoberg a dit :

Those who would care about raids are no longer playing the game...

i really care about raids and i'm still playing

Raids get multiple things right where others gamemode got wrongs and got wrongs in a lot of aspets, but they was a really interresing gamemode, specialy the jordas.

They was the only gamemode that combine multiple gameplay of the game, (arcwhing, parkour, cooperation, puzzle, operators) then polish them together where the others gamemode just take one mechanic and forget the others,

Being able to play at 8 was really nice to

But yea they was a bugged mess, that the main point of why they got removed in the first place

(well it's specialy true about the jordas verdict, the lor was kinda, plain ? i guess, but still have a good mechanic of cooperation at least)

Edited by Wind_Blade

On 2019-05-22 at 11:39 PM, KnightCole said:

LoR?  I played LoR like 2 times.  That was the most boring crap id ever done.  Run around, skipping all the enemies, not shooting anything, rushing around standing on circles....seriously?  THAT passes as a "raid".  There was no brainpower, tactics or strategy involved. There was barely any gameplay going on, I mean, besides us as the players moving our Warframes around....beyond that, it was a joke.......Earth lvl 1-3 Extermination is more enjoyable and challenging.....

Well. You might not know but your raids stats can be shown at https://wf.trials, and considering your stats i dont think it was as easy as extermination lvl 1-3. 

I respect your opinion, but i dont think you have enogh experience to talk about this subject. 

On 2019-05-23 at 5:39 AM, KnightCole said:

No strategy, really ? If one was jump from pads you need to to all from 0. Need a specified warframes to do that. Exterminate mission need strategy, you cam make them alone. I think you don't know what is a team works that uses 8 players not 4 and hot the Raids works.

Now with more enemies was more fun than to do the Eidolon s..t that you do only one thing.

I missing so much. I can play all day with the raids. Now I don't have other thing to to in the game at rank 20, only i enter to do the Sortie and is like 10 min and exit the game.
This game is dead for my if i cant do anything than Sorties. Eidolon is boring, only to farm focus,

Edited by MarianCta