Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Its kind of tragic how we're doing missions for a ...

Hypernaut1

I think everyone is missing an important point.  If she really was the enemy to the Tenno.. why are we alive?  All she had to do was pull the plug on our life support.  I mean she HID THE MOON to keep us safe...

I think when Ballas unhooked her helmet the signal to "come home" was no longer blocked (or maybe it was part of the glowing hand gesture)  and she's forced to return.  Probably to answer for her crimes..

if you read the lore she was suppose to kill us all. 

But she didn't.

She couldn't bring herself to kill her children so she hid us, and herself.

11 minutes ago, (XB1)RDeschain82 said:

We will see fam

You're on Xbox, but, let's make a pact. 

• If Space Mom is evil, I'll punch her face plates in and do it one more time in your name.
  • If Space Mom's coming to spank Granny's silly behind, you're gonna do the same.

Aight?

27 minutes ago, Ced23Ric said:

You're on Xbox, but, let's make a pact. 

• If Space Mom is evil, I'll punch her face plates in and do it one more time in your name.
  • If Space Mom's coming to spank Granny's silly behind, you're gonna do the same.

Aight?

If those are our only options, then I gotchu. 

That said I think it's time to cut the chord either way. Or at least give us a option to select our own chosen ally mission narrator.

8 hours ago, (XB1)RDeschain82 said:

Or any Syndicate leader sould be realistic viable options. 

That's said, Cressa Tal for me. 

I'd rather just have Ordis talking. I don't need a commander, but an Intelligence Officer to gather and organize mission data is vital if I am to keep efficiently flying under the Black Flag. Might as well put my ship AI up to the task.

2 minutes ago, Eklectus said:

I'd rather just have Ordis talking. I don't need a commander, but an Intelligence Officer to gather and organize mission data is vital if I am to keep efficiently flying under the Black Flag. Might as well put my ship AI up to the task.

No doubt. Ordis is really the only one that truly cares for the operator. Plus would prob be the easiest to implement to that role. 

Edited by (XB1)RDeschain82

Tenno work for themselves.

99% of Missions in the game are Mercenary Contracts, that hasn't changed since 2012.
we have our own agenda for system balance but we're still being employed by the Factions in the System to do their bidding.

9 hours ago, Sabrea said:

I think everyone is missing an important point.  If she really was the enemy to the Tenno.. why are we alive?  All she had to do was pull the plug on our life support.  I mean she HID THE MOON to keep us safe...

it's not entirely clear whether those are actions/memories from the being that the Lotus took the form of, or something the actual Lotus did.

Edited by taiiat

one thing is for sure, Lotus have to die on the new war, it will make absolutely no sense for her to came back and to the routine again like nothing happen after all the stuff we learn, it will be writing suicide if they do that, she have to die and Tennos will move on their own after that, it's the only logical conclusion to that arc.

Im sorry Reb, all things must end.

12 hours ago, Hypernaut1 said:

Its been a while now. The Tenno just cant seem to let go. Who are they working for now? A simulation?

Its sad when you think about it. The Tenno have this NEED to be given orders. 

We never worked for anyone explicitly, we just did stuff where we thought good could be done, in conjunction with all of the spy networks and connections the Lotus amassed while we were in cryosleep. So far as we're aware we are still using said connections/network to do our supposed good, the hologram is just a coms person for mission coordination, controlled by Ordis. 

Edited by Cubewano

18 minutes ago, -NightmareMoon- said:

one thing is for sure, Lotus have to die on the new war, it will make absolutely no sense for her to came back and to the routine again like nothing happen after all the stuff we learn, it will be writing suicide if they do that, she have to die and Tennos will move on their own after that, it's the only logical conclusion to that arc.

Im sorry Reb, all things must end.

I'm mean if you're desperate to get rid of her sure. Nothing says her returning can't have an impact, and it'd have more emotional range than just forgetting about her the moment something not convenient happens between her and us. The tenno aren't robots, we should probably not request they be written like such, that'd be the true bad writing. 

1 hour ago, taiiat said:

it's not entirely clear whether those are actions/memories from the being that the Lotus took the form of, or something the actual Lotus did.

I believe it has been made pretty explicit she is the one who put us in cryo, and hid the moon, turned us on the orokin, and so and so forth. There really is no question she could have killed us if she felt inclined to do such, she had a vast many opportunities to do so but she opted not to at every turn, even after the most recent of events. People can want her dead for whatever petty or fanficy or edgy reason they like, but it's not really up for debate that she was on our side and doing us perceived favors for a vast majority of the time she was with us. Maybe she wasn't perfect about it, but that doesn't change the displayed intent. 

Edited by Cubewano

12 hours ago, Eklectus said:

"No crew aboard, only the children... only the parricidal monsters they had become. The endless Void, the gazing abyss, the bottomless ocean of horror... it coiled itself around your tender heart."

Right.  It's at least strongly implied that whatever happened, it *ended* with the surviving children gaining void-fueled super power and wiping out the adults.

34 minutes ago, Cubewano said:

I believe it has been made pretty explicit she is the one who put us in cryo, and hid the moon, fogged up our memories in an attempt to protect us from our traumatic past, and so and so forth. There really is no question she could have killed us if she felt inclined to do such, she had a vast many opportunities to do so but she opted not to at every turn, even after the most recent of events. People can want her dead for whatever petty or fanficy or edgy reason they like, but it's not really up for debate that she was on our side and doing us perceived favors for a vast majority of the time she was with us. Maybe she wasn't perfect about it, but that doesn't change the displayed intent. 

Actually, I'm pretty sure Teshin had a line that implied that Marguilus was the one who suppressed the Tenno's memories (and the bulk of their Void powers.)  Because she was trying to "cure" them and bring them back to normal.  Tenshin lamented that by meddling and getting caught, the Tenno who came after him had forced him to break the seals and undo Maruilus's work to give them the strength to save themself from the Grineer Queens.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, EmberStar said:

Actually, I'm pretty sure Teshin had a line that implied that Marguilus was the one who suppressed the Tenno's memories (and the bulk of their Void powers.)  Because she was trying to "cure" them and bring them back to normal.  Tenshin lamented that by meddling and getting caught, the Tenno who came after him had forced him to break the seals and undo Maruilus's work to give them the strength to save themself from the Grineer Queens.

Yes it does appear that was Margulis' work, thanks for the correction. 

2 hours ago, Renegade343 said:

Justified with self-defense. Hence, no guilt.

I'm not implying guilt. I just want people to remember that the Lotus is not your mother, has never been your mother and will never be your mother. The whole "Tenno are whiny kids with mommy issues" thing is really quite out of place for a group of merciless killers.

15 hours ago, Hypernaut1 said:

Its been a while now. The Tenno just cant seem to let go. Who are they working for now? A simulation?

Its sad when you think about it. The Tenno have this NEED to be given orders. 

I disagree with your read on the situation

What's going on is, the Tenno want to go out and fight enemies because it's what they want to do, so they have Ordis identify a mission that might need doing or some loot that needs stealing, and off they go. The hologram of Lotus is just to feel comfortable, the mission itself was entirely the Tenno's idea

12 minutes ago, Eklectus said:

I'm not implying guilt. I just want people to remember that the Lotus is not your mother, has never been your mother and will never be your mother. The whole "Tenno are whiny kids with mommy issues" thing is really quite out of place for a group of merciless killers.

Don't worry, we do what we always do: Shoot first and figure stuff out later, or never.

2 hours ago, Cubewano said:

People can want her dead for whatever petty or fanficy or edgy reason they like, but it's not really up for debate that she was on our side and doing us perceived favors for a vast majority of the time she was with us. Maybe she wasn't perfect about it, but that doesn't change the displayed intent. 

My reasons stem from one word. A name: Atlas. The way we follow her every command, even if these commands are worded as requests. The way she hid every single aspect of both ourselves and her own nature. The way her motives are still completely unknown.

The reason she "helped" us this entire time is because we were pawns. Tools for her to exert whatever control she wished upon the galaxy. The moment we left stasis, the moment Teshin unlocked our memories, we stopped obeying and, thus, became useless to her.

danm, how many edge kids are in this game?
All I want, and I am sure that is what the operators want, is an answer. Then we can act in accord.

But, my grain of salt: Granny is something worse than granda, and that means that lothus will have to do a xanatos or even a thanatos gambit(the last one would be awesome punch in the gut for the edge kids) to ensure the saffety of hers children.