Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Another Ember Rework Post

TheLogicMage

Ember has suffered so many nerfs throughout her near 7 year history. With so much attention drawn to World on Fire, nobody has looked at her as a frame you bring to anything other than low-level extermination. I hope to change that with some rework ideas.

• Firebomb - Increasing the damage and range of her Fireball (1) would make it relevant to her skill set
  • Cleansing Flame - Accelerant (2) removes status effects from Ember, but gives her and enemies in range a fire proc dealing 3 damage per second (not scaling).
  • Breathe Before the Blaze - Fire Blast (3) can now be charged for 2 seconds, multiplying its damage by up to x1.75. When fully charged, the ground in its wake is covered in a carpet of flames for 35% of the ring's duration.
  • Eternal Inferno - World on Fire (4) when cast during Accelerant's effect loses its energy drain per second and it no longer suffers from range decay.
Edited by TheLogicMage

23 hours ago, TheLogicMage said:

ring to anything other than low-level extermination

If you focus on her 2 and 3 instead of her 4 you can use her in Arbitrations, ESO and Sorties which is just about the only content I use her for. But I wouldn't turn down improvements. Balance is already out the window so no reason not to.

Firebomb

If the damage and range are increased I think it would be important to have a mechanic built into her kit to encourage synergizing with it. Otherwise, I'd just be happy with them just drastically lowering the charge time and increasing the duration of her 1.

Cleansing Flame

This seems more like an Augment effect than a base ability for her kit.

Breathe Before the Blaze

I like this. I mostly use her 3 for the projectile damage boost and a quick burst on enemies but it's always felt like it is lacking something...mostly because the ring doesn't do anything to impede enemies.

Eternal Inferno

Unfortunately, this change won't do anything to improve the ability or the frame. It needs to be overhauled or replaced entirely to be useful for the current state of the game and to round out her weaknesses in all levels of content. People still hold on to the idea that the range decrease made it useless because it weakened Firequake, except even DE agrees with the complaints that CC is almost useless in higher level content now, so it would've still been bad. There's been a ton of ideas on what the right way to do that is, but most of them that I've seen involved full reworks with entirely new abilities (which is nearly impossible to happen since that would be more profitable for DE as a new frame).

• Like 1

I came up with a better idea for a World on Fire rework.

Upon reaching rank 10 Ember, any fire damage dealt by weapons or abilities adds to an Ignition meter, similar to Nidus' mutation or Saryn's spores. When full, World on Fire can be activated and will drain the Ignition meter over time rather than energy. While Accelerant is active, its damage and Ignition cost are both doubled. The maximum capacity of the Ignition bar scales with power strength. Damage dealt by World on Fire does not add to the Ignition meter.

I'm not entirely sure how the balance for this should work, but I think at default the Ignition bar should have a max of 4000 points (+100 per % strength) and every point of damage dealt by World on Fire drains one point from the Ignition meter.