LoadedAK47

Why not just keep Nightwave/rewards going?

Posted (edited)

@Phatose

Alright, fair if they want to make things easier for themselves and information they store. Go ahead

But why reset, why not stockpile credits. You can only get cosmetic items, some resources, mods/frames only attainable through alerts. All the main event awards were locked in the standing/progression, not the currency. This is messed up. Why bother playing if I'm going to need something down the road, and have the foresight for this, and now have to take into consideration on an event time frame to get them? Do I just hoard things even if I never use it? That's not a reasonable way of playing.

Edited by LoadedAK47
  • Like 1

Ever since Nightwave started people had been asking about when it would end. At first they gave an unclear answer (something about the season will last for10 weeks) but that's not a pretty good answer. So people kept asking for a date. Then they gave a date (they said earliest would be May 15), then they extended it to May 19.

While I agree that it's bad how the shop is completely gone while we're waiting for season 2, since this will hurt progression of new players, I think complaining about being uninformed about the end date is...the player's fault. Ignorance isn't an excuse. It's been posted in the news section, and if you play a game that you really bother progressing with, then you at least take the time to read the news coz dog knows if the servers are closing tomorrow or what. Not the game's fault that you're not paying attention to those details.

Whenever there's an update, do you not read the patch notes? Like, don't you wanna know what's in this new update? You see a new system like Nightwave, don't you wanna know more info about this new system they implemented? Coz you'd know about the Wolf Cred expiration if you read the update notes. 

As I said, the main reason to prevent stockpiling is to prevent people from instantly blowing through new content.  Doing it this way leaves their options open down the road.  Consider something trivial - say, DE adds six new helmets with wave 2.  For players who have not stockpiled, that's a carrot to keep them playing.  If stockpiles are allowed - boof, first day, they have everything done, no reason to go on.

Whether or not you think hoarding is reasonable or not, kind of irrelevant in the face of the playerbase of this game showing repeatedly that they do that.

1 hour ago, LoadedAK47 said:

I'm not sure why people are blaming the players for not being aware of the events end and not be able to use wolf credits outside the event. You can say you were given warnings, but for people who play the game casually or like me,1.3K hrs MR17 who just login play log off we aren't going to be aware. S#&$ man, this is the first time I have ever posted something in the forums let alone visit them.

From impressions alone this wouldn't make people think it would end. The Wolf system took away alerts. So wouldn't it be reasonable to believe that this whole thing was going to be permanent?

Okay event ended. Why can't I still use the currency? There is no reason for this. What harm could it possibly bring?

Since you took away the primary source to get patatoes, nitain, cosmetics, etc. Why not have something in its place in the meantime? *cough* wolf shop *cough*

Don't tell me I can get it through RNG on an event that comes around 1-2 a month or a sortie. This isn't a solution especially for new players. Now I have to wait to play the game. WTF why bother?

Use platinum, why would anyone spend real money on something like this? Is this some kind of shady strong arm tactic to buy platinum? again not fair to new players.

You don't like nightwave so remove it. Okay cool, but how do we reasonable get stuff now?

I don't understand the hostility people are having over this. People grinded this S#&$ out for weeks and their rewards were taken from them. We all know if people started the this half way through the event they would be no possible way for them to finish. This is setting people up for failure and defeats the reason/purpose for anyone to participate, especially if the rug is going to be pulled from under them.

TLDR

Why remove semi-permanent system and not have anything in its place? Why remove rewards and wolf shop? It's all just a slap in the face.

I don't think you understand the concept of a time-limited event.

Also we were given more than enough warnings, both on the forum and elsewhere. You just need to make a bit of an effort to find these things out (as with many other things about the game). You should be used to that by now.

You should also be used to time-gating and other similar mechanisms used to slow progress.

From what I've read, the gap was deliberately planned.

100% of these threads are basically people admitting they don't ever read the news panel on the side of the navigation. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Posted (edited)

@Yxivi

I, and I would imagine a few other players, are practical, If I don't notice/feel/see a difference those patch notes are like terms of service, skip and play. Now you can criticize for my lack of keeping up with the news, but this dosen't make this any less of a slap in the face in terms of earnings. If I tell you that I'm taking your hard earned money cause reasons, does it make that any less worse?

@Phatose

What the difference from buying alert items now than in the future. If you want something specifically for the event put it in the standing progression. Idc about that resetting. I'm talking about the ability to buy nitain, etc. Hard resetting someones earnings is messed up. What if they did the same with platnium or any other resource for the same reason you gave? Can't have people instantly buying new frames when they come out can we?

@FlusteredFerret

I'm not sure why people are getting hung up on "give ample warning" issue? If you agree with my other points cool, but giving someone ample warning to something so integral to the game doesn't make it any better

Edited by LoadedAK47

2 minutes ago, TheGuyver said:

100% of these threads are basically people admitting they don't ever read the news panel on the side of the navigation. 

Did you even read the thread or OP?

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

46 minutes ago, Melanholic7 said:

ye,thats what do i mean) we wont know 100% what was the reason, so lets think its just code problems and DE are good guys 😄 anyway our thoughts wont change anything,at east we wont be angry on them for this..;(

We shouldn't be angry no, but letting them know our thoughts on the matter (whether intentional or not) will let them better know how they should handle the system in the future, and potentially drive them to different choices going forward. 

• Like 1

@LoadedAK47 Then let this be a lesson learned. Someone here already explained the reason for expiring Wolf Creds and it's true. Other games I've played have similar system, it's just really to prevent people for stocking hundreds of points and to give more reason to play again (season ends, you need new item from the shop so you play again to earn the points), simple as that. 

Do I like how they handled it tho? No. I understand it must be hard for new players to get the standing and Creds. Season 1 is pretty much a test run, let's just hope they improve things for season 2, esp. with how the rewards are given, Wolf Creds should have been given early on, and this period of nothingness while preparing for season 2. 

Posted (edited)

@Cubewano

That is the reason why I created the thread, I'm saying that taking away peoples rewards, regardless of reason, is terrible especially if rewards gives access to essential parts of the game, crafting, build creation, etc.

@Yxivi

As a system, I understand its implementation, but this doesn't change the punishing nature of this. Now I could agree in PvP to disallow players for stocking resources, but this is warframe, PvE game, were balance was thrown out the window long ago, for better or worse. So using this as reason doesn't make sense to me. Again why not apply the same logic to platinum or any other resource? Why can't I keep my ~300 wolf creds but can have all the platnium I want? By your line of reason I shouldn't be able to just buy a new frame when it comes out. Again, Standing and credits are two different reward tables. One being essential and the other being entirely optional.

I agree, This is a test run and I do hope they have better implementation of this in the future.

Edited by LoadedAK47

46 minutes ago, Yxivi said:

While I agree that it's bad how the shop is completely gone while we're waiting for season 2, since this will hurt progression of new players, I think complaining about being uninformed about the end date is...the player's fault. Ignorance isn't an excuse. It's been posted in the news section, and if you play a game that you really bother progressing with, then you at least take the time to read the news coz dog knows if the servers are closing tomorrow or what. Not the game's fault that you're not paying attention to those details.

It's really not. The news section is extremely easy to miss and you shouldn't have to keep up with everything they post to know when nightwave is going to end.

If you looked at the nightwave store which is where you would expect that information to be it flat out lied to you and said it was going to restock just like every other week.

• Like 1

@Rogunz

It is extremely easy to miss especially if your just playing the game.

If that is true, that is terribly misleading.

42 minutes ago, LoadedAK47 said:

Did you even read the thread or OP?

i did read the thread and op and i agree with @TheGuyver like it just you log in look right then go about your business at most it takes a second to look at the news panel and see the message night wave ending may 19th like im lazy as sin most the time and even i take the half a moment it takes to read that panel 

i also believe it was said on the devstreams and i know for a fact we were given a 6 day (13th) heads up on the forums for this from marcus under announcements tab about the end date and the gap between seasons also told to spend your credits and even earlier from then on the 10th of may if you want to look at the workshop where Bear highlights in bold to spend your credits before season one ends your wolf credits will be dissolved 

would people have preferred a big notification that pops up to tell you hey this is happening when you log in if people cant spare the second to look at the panel that is directly right to you when you log in and is solely dedicated to the news of the game? 

either way i plan to be entertained by these threads and could care less so feel free to ignore me if you so desire 

@LoadedAK47 I understand the system and why they have to do it. Not because a game is PVE they should just hand everything out to players. The expiring points is not a bad system (again this is to prevent people from overstocking.  Remember that the shop offers catalyst and reactors. If they allow people to stock hundred of points then there will be no reason to buy those with plat. Aaand ofc they want people to spend plat) but how DE is handling it at the moment is bad. At least with those games I've played, you can obtain the resources/items somewhere else and not with a horrible drop chance of 0.1%, that is why it works in those games. The problem here is players are being forced to be dependent on Nightwave if they want Nitain, auras and some other stuff that's pretty hard to farm elsewhere. I can see your predicament but you also have to understand that games need to keep their players playing. What I'm trying to say here is, DE's implementation of expiring points is not well thought out.

Now about "having all the plat you want" welp it's becasue that is plat. Plat is something people buy with real money and Nightwave Cred is obtained for free (no money involved). What will they earn if they allow players to stock tons of Creds? You can keep all those plats because eventually you will use it either for trading (putting it in circulation) or use it in their market (sink).

It was there to see if you looked, but it still didn't say "Wolf creds, use them or lose them!". Some responsibility falls on the player to keep themselves informed, but some falls on DE for not making it a lot more visible.

Hopefully next time things will be better.

Posted (edited)

Nightwave Ep. 2 is coming soon, Ep. 1 "Wolf of Saturn Six" is over, this has been announced via multiple channels, you snooze, you loose. Subway isn't gonna serve you a specialty event item after the event is over. The nerve of some people. Do you argue with your landlord, too, when he serves you an eviction letter because you didn't know rent was due every month and you don't check your mail, listen to your voicemails or the read the stickers on the door?

No.

If you missed all that, it's on you, and no amount of weaksauce tantrum throwing is going to change that. You had every opportunity. Learn from it, be smarter next time, but don't dare blame this on someone other than yourself. Own your mistakes and admit your negligent ignorance, and you'll have a shot at improvement. This thread is a disappointing farce of nonsense, and I am glad that devs don't read General Discussion, because man, you gotta be a special type of entitled and dense at the same time to blame anyone else for missing this cutoff date and then to have the audacity to portray your situation as something worthy of understanding.

No.

Pay your rent on time. Read your mail. Check your voicemail. Read the stickers on the door. Do your due diligence.

5 minutes ago, 3rdpig said:

It was there to see if you looked, but it still didn't say "Wolf creds, use them or lose them!".

That is literally what it said.

Edited by Ced23Ric
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Applause 1

Posted (edited)

@Seprent

You clearly didn't. You and others clearly glossed over my other points. I even made a TLDR for people that underline my core point/question? I never accused DE of failing to inform. Although I question people's use of the argument to dismiss/gloss over other arguments, which you clearly did.

Which is, Why take away peoples wolf creds with no reasonable compensation? Or a system to get items that aren't obtainable?

@Yxivi

Never said it was bad, it has its uses. I agree with core argument of limited players ability to be too having everything, But, what is the difference between buying 5 orkin reactors now than do so at a later date if there was no reset? I see you point on plat, but it doesn't change the fact that someone can stockpile one thing and arguably get more than the other.? So yes it can be better implemented.

@Ced23Ric

Did you not read my other points on the issues this presents? Did you not read the thread? Read the TLDR its been there sense the begining. What has happened is we grinded the hours like a job for rewards got the check and than had it shredded in front of our faces.

and we have people like you disregard that and say, you snooze you loose, you didn't read announcements. Why grind if part, or most, of our rewards are taken from us in the end?

Edited by LoadedAK47
Reread what Yxivi said,
  • Upvote 2

Posted (edited)

Maybe it’s to give a sense of urgency to convince people to play more often.

Edited by Legion-Shields

58 minutes ago, LoadedAK47 said:

Which is, Why take away peoples wolf creds with no reasonable compensation? Or a system to get items that aren't obtainable?

Nobody should have any reasonable expectation of compensation, considering how much ample warning was actually given. The devs have stated that there's going to be catch up mechanics, and anything you could buy with wolf creds will most likely be purchasable in the next series. Had the update not been delayed, nobody would be having this discussion and it would just be a waiting game for series 2 to start. 

Everything in this game, with the exception of very few items like the founder packs and tethra's doom emblem and a couple of other things have become available again at some point so all the fuss people are making over the issue is pointless. 

@ShadowOperative

Aggressive much? But yes I agree, read thread and don't gloss over reasonable points. As I do hope someone from DE reads this thread.

@Legion-Shields

Yeah I could see that as giving a reason to play is important. But, I don't think taking away peoples rewards isn't the way to do it. There is already enough grinding in this game

@TheGuyver

Taking someones rewards with ample warning doesn't change the fact that the rewards is taken in the first place, Especially, sense this event has been going on for months. Not like the Founders Pack and previous events were much shorter and didn't replace something integral to the game.

Do like putting in the work for a job, for your check to be shredded in front of your face, regardless of warning?

Off-topic conversations have been cleared. Stay on topic, Tenno, it's a good discussion.

• Woah 1

I just dont know why they would end one season before the next is even ready to start.  

I'm guessing to add some kind of "break" between events, but I feel like that would give people reason not to play the game, since this prevent people from getting essential resources.

36 minutes ago, LoadedAK47 said:

@TheGuyver

Do like putting in the work for a job, for your check to be shredded in front of your face, regardless of warning?

This isn't a job, this is not your lifelong profession, or mine. It's a non-consequential digital currency that won't translate over to anything. Trying to compare fake currency in a video game that is meant to be enjoyable and entertaining and comparing it to work is just so far off the reservation that I can't even begin to fathom why I would engage in an attempt to argue this line of broken logic. 

I'm not trying to be rude, but, this is just a ridiculous way to view this sort of thing. 

• Like 1