Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Why not just keep Nightwave/rewards going?

LoadedAK47

@TheGuyver

It was analogy I didn't equate it to an actual job. I'm said its like a job, in context, I didn't say it was my job. WTF, If you call analogies a broken line of logic, than I got nothing for you. Let me rephrase. You spent months getting a weapon you want. Devs say in advance that you wont be able to keep the weapon.

Tell me what is the point of grinding for it? You wont be able to keep it? What if this weapon was important for the game that replaced one previously and didn't bring it back the previous gun.What do you do now?

@Psykhe27

Telling me to git gud, U serious?  Thank you for glossing over my other points.

9 hours ago, Melanholic7 said:

o6nk4GK.png

week ago there was a message for u in ur ship. If u cant even make 1 click to check news about game u play and things u care about (night wave and ur credits) - its ur problems.  

One click and u would see "DL6kS4M.png

"

Same words were at the start of the nightwave.

For the sake of giving DE feedback I'll say this.
While you are absolutely right.

However, less than 50% of an active playerbase actually reads news bulletins, patch notes, & etc.

DE should:
1. Record dialogue for Nightwave that has Nora informing players of:
A. How to use that season's currency.
B. When the Nightwave & its currency will expire.

And lastly...

2. Have a temporary system in place to fill time gaps between Nightwaves.

I like Nightwave over Alerts but to NOT have any system in place for players between Nightwaves is short sighted & really empowers the "Alerts are better" demograph.

I hope after Season 2 DE has a fill in system. Atleast for rewards such as Aura Mods, & Nitain Extract bare minimum.

Edited by (PS4)Zero_029
Typos

4 hours ago, LoadedAK47 said:

@Melanholic7 Alright, we can call people dumb or foolish for not following announcements, but that doesn't make this any less of a slap to the face.No one likes to get the rug pulled from under them or earnings/rewards taken from them. Sure they problems and not yours but for people with less patients, this means never playing again. Why bother grinding if I'm going to get the rug pulled from under me?

@Hikuro-93 I totally agree an even timer on the reward page would've been nice and not some fine-print timer either.

Less like the "carpet was pulled out from under them" and more like "the carpet was slooowly tugged at, with the dude doing the tugging setting an appointment to come and take the carpet, and even once he got there he asked you kindly to move aside while he took the carpet..."

Please. They don't need hand holding. Join the warframe community discord and stay in the loop. Read bulletins.

Rewards were not taken away, you didn't buy anything before the end of the season. That is your fault.

@Psykhe27

Way to miss the point. I'm not asking for hand holding, wait what about new players not familiar with community or people who log in log off and play, people who have limited game time, way to just dismiss these people. Calling them casuals or whatever doesn't change their position or issues.

You still haven't addressed my other points.

But, why have it reset in the first place when it replaced an older system? Are you okay with all resources being hard reset with advance warning? Oh you didn't use your orkin cells before the set time frame, RESET! Your fault right? Doesn't matter that it is important to the game right? No replacement or compensation right?

I still can't reasonably get anything now, so not only did they take the rewards, but they made it so you can't get any alert rewards. Cool. Doing this makes people stop playing the game. I mean If I have to wait week/s to get resources or mods for my build way bother playing?

Edited by LoadedAK47

4 hours ago, LoadedAK47 said:

@Taishin_Ishu

But why take the carpet? Why not give another cheaper carpet in the meantime? What am I suppose have as a floor now? Screw all my time invested in said carpet?

Again, I don't understand why people are getting hung up on something I'm not arguing for?

Going to indulge this metaphor once more...

The carpet was only a loaner, thus time is up and it's got to go. (Season was over.  Seasons prevent STOCKPILING of resources with a "i only login to get rewards and log out" mentality, which has been an issue before in WF)

You still have a FLOOR. They didn't gut your house...just the carpet.  (i.e. the game is still there, only the Nightwave checklist reward system has stopped ....and only temporarily, at that)

You had access to, and plenty of time to prepare for, the end of your carpet loan. If you failed to do so, that's on you, not the loaner.  Heck, you're clearly here on the forums...and you say you didn't read ONE thread about it coming to a close?

Edited by (PS4)Taishin_Ishu

I think it is the responsibility of the player to learn about events if they wish to participate in them fully.  DE releases them with update information in the forums.  

I hope it’s just a never ending stream of events that eventually start overlapping though.  DE can add new rewards to older ones, coming back around, to incentive veterans to play. They can also offer choices.  Maybe it’ll get o erwgelming to the point that players will have to make a choice. Do that want to work on A, B, or C? Forcing players to make real decisions is always a win in my opinion. 

2 hours ago, Psykhe27 said:

Please. They don't need hand holding. Join the warframe community discord and stay in the loop. Read bulletins.

You're right we'll go ahead and do that...
Wait...I'm on console...
There is no Discord app for Console. So I'll have to build some elaborate set-up so I can join it.

Discord doesn't fix everything. Neither do the news bulletins.
Things need to be in-game & they need to be upfront, not stashed aside.

I personally had no issues with Nightwave. But many people who play the game, and simply the game did not as they log in, have fun, log off.
An extreme minority of players actually follows games outside of the media itself.
Reddit, Forums, YouTube, etc. A small percentage of the playerbase. They vast majority of players don't even bother to look outside the game's medium.
Destiny for example, learned this the very hard way with lore, matchmaking, and etc all being outside of the game. (Destiny 2 tried to remedy this, but in a flawed manner. Bungie was too prideful to admit they #*!%ed up. So they tried to keep D1's flawed system but with minor tweeks. It didn't work out.)

@Taishin_Ishu

You're still hung up on the analogy? Why? Regardless of being properly informed or not isn't the issue. You're still not addressing the core problem, how are we suppose to get nitain, patatoes, alert exclusive mods, etc. with no alerts or nightwaves. Telling me to wait is ridiculous, especially for new players. What if it is preventing me from playing the game cause I can't get x frame or x weapon. Are you seriously telling me to wait a week/s. You're pretty much telling me not to play the game or be forced to play in a reduced experience.

Why should I grind for something if it is going to reset with a set time frame? What if I started playing the game 2 weeks before the event ended and wouldn't have a enough to get anything and than wait more time to get the newer currency, In which case my current currency I got resets and have to grind out again to get whatever the new currency is and potentially grind for 2-3 weeks again to get something? How wouldn't this be frustrating? You literally wasted your time and you had to waste/wait additional time, in this case a month at best, to get something. Are you realistically telling that person to bad you should've known and not play the game for those 2-3 weeks, Plan you game better even though you're new or is returning from a break.

WTF, why should something so integral to game reset and nothing else? Stop being hung up on the analogy and being informed/not informed.

@jfhsaneill

Knowing your going to lose your rewards and access to them in advance doesn't change the fact that it removes integral parts of the game.

I do agree, this has a lot of potential and your suggestion would be interesting addition. So people can choose what they want like the login tribute system they have right now. Maybe all I want is wolf creds and none of the cosmetics.

@Zero_029

Totally agree, I fear people have developed some kind of elitist mentality that they grew into and no one else has yet and they shame them for it. Sorry my life/world doesn't revolve around Warframe. Why couldn't they do an inbox? Why not keep the store open? Why not replace the screen with and event timer like every single other event they do and distinguish it from the weekly timer? This isn't hand holding, they do it for almost everything else so why not here?

Edited by LoadedAK47

1 minute ago, LoadedAK47 said:

Telling me to wait is ridiculous, especially for new players.

Unfortunately, that's just what you're going to have to do. Wait. That or farm Nitain when Ghouls return, and trade to buy Potatoes. Till S2, you're pretty much SOL.

5 minutes ago, LoadedAK47 said:

Why should I grind for something if it is going to reset with a set time frame? What if I started playing the game 2 weeks before the event ended and wouldn't have a enough to get anything and than wait more time to get the newer currency, In which case my current currency I got resets and have to grind out again to get whatever the new currency is and potentially grind for 2-3 weeks again to get something? How wouldn't this be frustrating? You literally wasted your time and you had to waste/wait additional time, in this case a month at best, to get something. Are you realistically telling that person to bad you should've known and not play the game for those 2-3 weeks, Plan you game better even though you're new or is returning from a break.

Fortunately, everything returns in Warframe. In your case, you just have to wait for now. This has always been how DE incentivised players to return to the game daily. Granted, S1 had some issues, which is why they've taken it down to rework.

Taking into consideration the changes for S2, and the limitations they said they had with the tasks for S1 that were unpopular, they need time to rebuild. This is pretty much a temporary hiatus. 

8 minutes ago, LoadedAK47 said:

Totally agree, I fear people have developed some kind of elitist mentality that they grew into and no one else has yet and they shame them for it. Sorry my life/world doesn't revolve around Warframe. Why couldn't they do an inbox? Why not keep the store open? Why not replace the screen with and event timer like every single other event they do and distinguish it from the weekly timer? This isn't hand holding, they do it for almost everything else so why not here?

In any event, they didn't, but it also isn't like they did not give any warning. I won't dispute that some of the replies you'll get on this issue would be less than sympathetic at all, but what can you do? As of right now, nothing, but it'll get better soon. 

Perhaps now would be a good time for you to take a break till Jovian or the next Nightwave drops. 

@sleepychewbacca

I know we're SOL and that's my problem why should we be? Why put us in this situation in the first place? No use crying over spilt milk, cool i get it, but it doesn't change that the milk is spilt.

I understand the hiatus and the issue with S1, incentivize, etc., but why leave us hanging? shop can remain open, etc.

I can't do nothing, I do hope that DE reconsiders. telling me not to play the game for now, fair. But if I'm going to have to keep doing this, why bother playing at all its frustrating, wasteful and another grind to add to the heaps of grinds in this game?

@haphazardly named

Why not both?

Just now, LoadedAK47 said:

@sleepychewbacca

I know we're SOL and that's my problem why should we be? Why put us in this situation in the first place? No use crying over spilt milk, cool i get it, but it doesn't change that the milk is spilt.

I understand the hiatus and the issue with S1, incentivize, etc., but why leave us hanging? shop can remain open, etc.

I can't do nothing, I do hope that DE reconsiders. telling me not to play the game for now, fair. But if I'm going to have to keep doing this, why bother playing at all its frustrating, wasteful and another grind to add to the heaps of grinds in this game?

Yeah, I feel you. It sucks, and we're I in your position, I would have had my share of rants. 

An explanation as to the why of the store being removed would have been helpful for everyone who missed out. I can guess from previous examples, DE does not like it when players hoard resources and wanted to prevent it with Nightwave. Secondly, probably the store had some code hijinks that would have been messed up with them reworking the structure since the whole thing is being sent back to the drawing board. Like, buying resources would not work, etc. Who knows with the spaghetti code DE has?

I'm glad you can see the other side.

Like I said before in another reply, Why is hoarding wolf creds an issue and not anything else? Whats the difference between buying 5 orkin reactors now instead of later if I saved them up?

It's speculation at this point. If true alright, my question would then be, why create something that would work as framework to something, that doesn't work behind the scenes? Seems kind of short sighted.

1 hour ago, (PS4)Zero_029 said:

You're right we'll go ahead and do that...
Wait...I'm on console...
There is no Discord app for Console. So I'll have to build some elaborate set-up so I can join it.

Discord doesn't fix everything. Neither do the news bulletins.
Things need to be in-game & they need to be upfront, not stashed aside.

I personally had no issues with Nightwave. But many people who play the game, and simply the game did not as they log in, have fun, log off.
An extreme minority of players actually follows games outside of the media itself.
Reddit, Forums, YouTube, etc. A small percentage of the playerbase. They vast majority of players don't even bother to look outside the game's medium.
Destiny for example, learned this the very hard way with lore, matchmaking, and etc all being outside of the game. (Destiny 2 tried to remedy this, but in a flawed manner. Bungie was too prideful to admit they #*!%ed up. So they tried to keep D1's flawed system but with minor tweeks. It didn't work out.)

Actually, you can use your computer to join the discord. There are PS4 players there.

This is the first nightwave, so there will be issues that need to be programmed in.

My point is that they said there would be no spending after. So, next nightwave spend your creds as you get them.

Edited by Psykhe27

1 hour ago, LoadedAK47 said:

shop can remain open

This, I can actually agree with, after giving it some time. While the current season may be over, while the program has stopped, while you can get no more Wolf Creds, while all tasks should be over when they're over, it would have been alright and no skin of DE's back if remnant Wolf Creds could have been honored up until the next program.

I still think that everything was announced fair and square, and it took effort not to be informed, and DE has done their due diligence on that part. But the shop could have remained open, yeah. 

I'll remain firm on the point that people have been advised on the nature of Wolf Credits expiry, about the end of Wolf, and any shade thrown DE's way because of that is misplaced and shifting blame, and there's nothing DE should have done better in that regard, and asking to be spoonfed and slapped around with annoying messages is overbearing and unnecessary.

But that shop, that thing could have stayed open. Something to post in #Feedback.

1 hour ago, Ced23Ric said:

I still think that everything was announced fair and square, and it took effort not to be informed, and DE has done their due diligence on that part. But the shop could have remained open, yeah. 

I'll remain firm on the point that people have been advised on the nature of Wolf Credits expiry, about the end of Wolf, and any shade thrown DE's way because of that is misplaced and shifting blame, and there's nothing DE should have done better in that regard, and asking to be spoonfed and slapped around with annoying messages is overbearing and unnecessary.

31hvok.jpg

So having the creed store lie to players was perfectly fine?  They couldn't have put anything in the nightwave interface at all to indicate when it was going to end?

The end of Nightwave was just another part of it that DE didn't think about at all. If they did they would have put together something to make it obvious it was ending instead of just sticking a line in the news section and kept some way to obtain alert items.

33 minutes ago, Rogunz said:

31hvok.jpg

So having the creed store lie to players was perfectly fine?

That's a static text (New Offerings In...) and a preset timer. You are absolutely right, that UI element needs a rework and a case-dependent shift to Program Ending In on the last week of a Nightwave episode. Another thing for #Feedback.

I just assumed everyone read the news announcements in their orbiters. If nothing else, I can't stand to have any blue highlighted headlines so I click them just to get rid of them 😅 

But I guess I shouldn't be surprised, no one pays attention to the news in the real world so why would they in a video game?  

7 hours ago, Psykhe27 said:

My point is that they said there would be no spending after. So, next nightwave spend your creds as you get them.

By why reset this? It took a week or two to get enough credits for reactor/catalyst. Are you telling me that's cool for players to lose there earnings and than have to wait for not only the next event, but also whatever grind there is to get that new currency to buy stuff, that may take upwards to a month? Are you serious?

7 hours ago, Ced23Ric said:

I'll remain firm on the point that people have been advised on the nature of Wolf Credits expiry,

Being warned about it doesn't change the fact that we can't get important items from alerts, For new players, returning players, etc. this means they may have to wait upward to month to get anything, depends on the exchange rate of the new currency. This is nonsensical. Why screw us like this? let what little earnings made carry over. Who is seriously willing to wait upwards to month and possible more to get gear they want?

7 hours ago, Ced23Ric said:

But that shop, that thing could have stayed open. Something to post in #Feedback.

Alright, we agree on something.

5 hours ago, -Temp0- said:

Also cant imagine the case of someoen needing nitain only to find out you have to wait at thevery least 2 weeks, possibly more. Talk about less ramdom rewards from alerts lmao. Absolute idiocy.

Yeah if I wasn't that invested in the game or just started out, I probably just say this dumb and stop playing the game altogether. If I can't play the game the way I want and allowed to, why bother?

@Rogunz

Yeah this was blatantly misleading, a simple text change would have done a lot, why not inbox too? Again DE just handled this poorly, giving us a warning about it doesn't change that it was handled poorly.

@IntheCoconut

Read above, Don't be surprised many people just want to play the game as most news that they will see is given through the launcher and inboxes. Which maybe assumed to be the important stuff and everything else is secondary and shouldn't really be followed, because it could be viewed as unimportant. Why wouldn't people develop this assumption? Should they be blamed for the various ways DE provides news to people? Some being in your face and others not.

We knew nightwave was ending, what is the point of stockpiling wolf creds?  All the auras were available during season 1 at various points for you to spend your creds on if you needed the auras, if you missed a cosmetic helmet you wanted should have spent the creds when it was available.  And there were cred sinks available at every second during the whole season in the form of potatoes and nitain, ESPECIALLY after they introduced aura forma to the game that require 10 nitain to build.  Could they have communicated it better?  Yeah things can always be better then how they were, but if you don't pay attention at all to any news in a game that is really just about new stuff that comes out its on you.  It takes almost no time at all to keep up on the news in this game, you could stay caught up on all of it if you spent 10 minutes a week and that's being generous.  I'm not assuming much that almost every player in warframe has a smartphone that they use a lot that can tell them every single bit of news that comes out of DE's mouth with a few clicks and that they use that smartphone for hours every week.