Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Why not just keep Nightwave/rewards going?

LoadedAK47

Giving warnings to expiration of something pivotal to the game, doesn't make the expiration a good idea. What if I started playing the game 2 weeks ago, never earned enough credits, have it deleted and than have to wait a week/s for the next event and than grind for another 2 weeks or more to get the necessary amount to get what I want/need. Are you seriously purposing that I have to wait at least a month to get it is cool if I was warned in advance about it? WTF, me telling you that I'm going to #*!% you over doesn't excuse the fact that I'm #*!%ing you over.

Again why does it have to expire, whats the difference between buying stuff now instead of later if stockpiled?

Things can always be put in face more, inbox, launcher, etc.? This isn't hand holding, this is like a news outlet posting an article on twitter, Instagram, and there site, but not Facebook or YouTube. Than given contradictory information on top of that.

31hvok.jpg

Edited by LoadedAK47

Yes, there really is no excuse, the 'new offerings' information presented in the interface (for a whole week) was incorrect, unless you consider 'no new offerings and end of season' to count as new offerings.  While information is conveyed through the forum you don't see things like alert/offerings/sortie/syndicate timers there, (only on third party sites as far as I know), and even if you do you also see them in-game, and this should have been the case for season end.  I spent my credits in time, but as the season end was also delayed I can understand why some people, especially if they saw the new offerings timer, would make the mistake.

We don't have the exact details of how season 2 is going to work. All we know is that there will be fewer challenges but that they will reward you with greater standing, and supposedly Wolf Creds will be accessibly earlier in the rewards tier. But we don't even know if they'll be called Wolf Creds any more. It is entirely possible that instead of getting Wolf Creds, we now get something like Infested Spores or something more thematically tied with season 2. In which case, leftover Wolf Creds from Season 1 would get you nothing anyway. Prices might even change as well.

Or maybe it will all stay the same. No one but DE knows and we'll just have to wait and see.

Yeah, speculation at this point, I would hope that the wolf creds would carry over and DE really reads the legitimate claims/feedback by people and not dismiss as people can't read the news like many have in the forums.

Well I doubt they'll see it because General Discussion isn't where they look for feedback. A cursory glance over at the Feedback forums tells me no one is currently making any suggestions about your current concerns/suggestion. I don't think it is a bad idea to have a notice on the Nightwave panel that says in big red letters "Season Ends x/x/x at XX:XXpm." 

Edited by IntheCoconut

I created a thread in the feedback forum, that I hope presents the problems created with Nightwave gone and possible solutions. I know many of you have reasonable voices of concern and I ask that you read over what I said, its a long read, and add on to the thread. As always, open to discussion, disagreement, etc.

23 hours ago, S.Dust said:

You cannot say the devs dont have better ways of conveying this news. They left room for error and that makes it their fault.

You are basically stating that it's the developers fault for not taking care of everyone. It took me a few minutes to check the details of Nightwave, how come others cannot be bothered to do that?

In the op's defense I have certainly played other games where when an event ends it is possible to spend the earned currency for a week or so afterwards, It is not that big a stretch to ask that to happen with this one.

• Like 1

@ErzaSakuretto

I'm not blaming the developer, clearly it was our bad for not looking at everything, but to say that DE had no share of the blame is just as ridiculous. Why no inbox message? why not in the launcher? Why leave this up misleading people into thinking it would continue?

31hvok.jpg

@cmacq

Exactly, why does it have to disappear, I don't care about if I was warned out no. This screws people over. Why bother playing the game towards the end of the event if my earnings are going to reset? Should instruct people including new players to play the game at specific times of the year to make sure they get the most of it? How is this not frustrating?

On 2019-05-20 at 9:33 PM, Melanholic7 said:

im not addressing it,cause im argueing not ur post, but another comment from another guy here :) Ur post is fine.

"Again your not addressing the fundamental issue" - well, its good question, why no shop, why no auto-convert left credits to nitain, why finish NW with nothing between new season....

This sounds like a stupid decisions for me - which means (as i think) thats this decisions were made cause some developing issues. Like: they cant kep shop open, while they are reworking it right now or adding new season..dunno. I guess they know what are they doing better then we do

wanna someone to address fundamental issue here?

well just think for it for a sec

we receive mails about ghuls and about baro 
ppl are lazy ppl are dumb and stupid and some ppl dont even know what warframe is but in the end there is no real reason we couldnt get a mail notification about spending our creeds or they get lost
mail like that would not hurt any1 and would not be hard to do and that is the fundamental issue here

the reason for not being able to stockpile has already been answered, things like potatoes would never be sold in the market again and you also keep saying ,incorrectly i might add, that you can't get them anywhere else when they are available from alerts after the dev streams and do pop up in invasions as a reward so are hardly limited to nightwave only as you keep saying. There are also other ways to get nitain in game though it is a grind it is there so neither of these is the roadblock you are making it out to be to game progression. it has been told to us since they started talking about nightwave that the cred would reset between them as each would be thematically different so wolf creds would have no value in whatever the next one is.

Way to nit pick, alright I will bite. invasions that have a random chance of the reward given, really cool I guess I have to wait specific times of the day or random days to get this stuff now. Awesome just let me predict the future when this stuff will come up and convey to new players to do the same. If it isn't there to bad right? Other ways sure the ghoul event that comes around 1-2 times a month, again let me just tell people to wait for something that they previously were able to get. What ~6% change of drop for nitain, cool, reasonable replacement for what we had.  You've completely missed the point they have unintentionally reduced the ability to get stuff.

Why does it have to reset though? who cares about themes, when u're losing ur stuff constantly, this needlessly frustrating.

12 minutes ago, LoadedAK47 said:

Way to nit pick, alright I will bite. invasions that have a random chance of the reward given, really cool I guess I have to wait specific times of the day or random days to get this stuff now. Awesome just let me predict the future when this stuff will come up and convey to new players to do the same. If it isn't there to bad right? Other ways sure the ghoul event that comes around 1-2 times a month, again let me just tell people to wait for something that they previously were able to get. What ~6% change of drop for nitain, cool, reasonable replacement for what we had.  You've completely missed the point they have unintentionally reduced the ability to get stuff.

Why does it have to reset though? who cares about themes, when u're losing ur stuff constantly, this needlessly frustrating.

I'm guessing you enjoyed the old alert system as well yeah?, waiting for that random potato alert or being on at the exact time for a 1 in 4 chance to get a nitain and you if you weren't guess you liked waiting even longer for what you ''needed''- Just saying, it makes no real difference imho. someone will always be waiting for something' same thing happens in real life ya'know

No i didn't like it, I never said I did. Not sure where u got that from? We went from alerts to Nightwave which is better now we have nothing. Soooo.... not sure what u're proposing. Do you like waiting for no reasonable reason?

I hate nightwave as a replacement for alerts. And the way nightwaves are handled makes them essentially elaborate events not a reasonable replacement. What should be done instead is both nightwave and alert should compliment each other and not be mutually exclusive. The infrastructure is already there and im sure nobody would complain about it. This keeps alerts and uses nightwaves for items u may have missed from alerts filling in all the gaps. Also nightwave should have a single currency accross all nightwaves. Thatd make everyone happy.

Edited by (PS4)Avittion

I agree that since this replaced alerts then it needs to be around like alerts were.  They seemed to not think about this since if it is a replacement then it should be better.  I have said it before but alerts and nightwave were seperate and they should have both stayed.