Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Nova speed build no aura forma

Rhalick0

Question

A lot of vets or progressed players have been telling their noob friends about the usefulness of aura forma with nova so Im sharing this build before they waste so many resources on that useless crap. Also this build fits slowva ofc.

unknown.png?width=400&height=162

the Aura Forma isn't to be able to fit the absolute basics of Duration and Strength, it's to comfortably fit everything you might desire for if a complete Loadout that may include many Primed Mods and/or Umbral Mods.

especially since the Aura Forma retains more Modding flexibility.

Edited by taiiat
  • Like 3

Your build doesn't have max efficiency, nor can it fit escape velocity. A lot of players who actually use Nova a lot like to go fast with portals. Aura forma on Nova is very handy compared to most frames. I want one for both my nova and my rhino.

Edited by Zilchy
  • Like 1

Somebody seems to think I meant the speed build I showed is also for slowva for some reason. No I mean the polarities I have are fine for slowva is what I meant?

4 hours ago, taiiat said:

the Aura Forma isn't to be able to fit the absolute basics of Duration and Strength, it's to comfortably fit everything you might desire for if a complete Loadout that may include many Primed Mods and/or Umbral Mods.

especially since the Aura Forma retains more Modding flexibility.

My build is for speedva here to show she doesn't need aura forma. Aura forma only affects the aura nothing to do with primed/umbral mods. If you want to use changing polarities on a frame with umbral build I guess its useful but nova isnt that frame.

8 minutes ago, hackedraptor said:

Aura forma only affects the aura nothing to do with primed/umbral mods.

If you want to use changing polarities on a frame with umbral build I guess its useful but nova isnt that frame.

Mod Points affects everything. higher ability to fit certain Mods(which was exactly my point), or even just extra starting Energy which tbh can be pretty convenient.

Nova isn't that Warframe? really? Nova is perfectly setup to be an Umbral Health Tank. Umbral Intensify is such a convenient Mod for Nova, and having Health only DR? it's perfectly setup for it.
Nova is exactly that Warframe. as much as i always prefer to make Shield Tanks out of Warframes when possible, it's hard to compete against that perfect setup for being a Health Tank.

i think what you meant when you created this Thread was that to make a functional Mod Loadout you don't need a piece of Equipment that is less than a month old.
well, yes sure you don't because people have been doing exactly the same things with Nova for years, before Aura Forma existed. doesn't mean it isn't convenient anyways, making it easier to do that.

• Like 2

Cool, but you do realize that my builds are based on survivability thanks to Molecular Fission? And it's not about speed runs but occasionally use of Wormhole while in open maps like PoE or OV.

Your build is focusing merely on speed running thru entire map, one stray bullet and you're done.

9 minutes ago, THeMooN85 said:

Cool, but you do realize that my builds are based on survivability thanks to Molecular Fission? And it's not about speed runs but occasionally use of Wormhole while in open maps like PoE or OV.

Your build is focusing merely on speed running thru entire map, one stray bullet and you're done.

You survive by moving at the speed of YEET, for the few seconds you stand still there's operator void mode. A wormhole build is not for doing missions because you'd simply use a slowva or a speedva. A wormhole build is ONLY for speedruns. Which is why maximum stupid speed and max efficiency is better. In open world you have itzal or even operator dash, wormhole is not required.

Btw that stray bullet had to land. I solo'd exploiter orb with that build despite being a glass cannon.

Edited by Zilchy

8 hours ago, taiiat said:

Mod Points affects everything. higher ability to fit certain Mods(which was exactly my point), or even just extra starting Energy which tbh can be pretty convenient.

Nova isn't that Warframe? really? Nova is perfectly setup to be an Umbral Health Tank. Umbral Intensify is such a convenient Mod for Nova, and having Health only DR? it's perfectly setup for it.
Nova is exactly that Warframe. as much as i always prefer to make Shield Tanks out of Warframes when possible, it's hard to compete against that perfect setup for being a Health Tank.

i think what you meant when you created this Thread was that to make a functional Mod Loadout you don't need a piece of Equipment that is less than a month old.
well, yes sure you don't because people have been doing exactly the same things with Nova for years, before Aura Forma existed. doesn't mean it isn't convenient anyways, making it easier to do that.

Yeah use umbral intensify and umbral fibre on speedva. What a genius. Maybe klearn to read or use mods properly before blabbering random stuff?

5 hours ago, Zilchy said:

Gotta go fast
s21qAVk.png

I shared a speedva build.My polarities work with slowva too. But I dont know about escape v build but it seems from your build you dont need aura forma there either since power donation isnt important like with speed build.

14 hours ago, hackedraptor said:

A lot of vets or progressed players have been telling their noob friends about the usefulness of aura forma with nova so Im sharing this build before they waste so many resources on that useless crap. Also this build fits slowva ofc.

unknown.png?width=400&height=162

Simply because you can do a build that doesn't use an Aura forma doesn't make it useless crap.  People have been forma'ing Nova for years and there are plenty of builds that allow for a slow/speed/neutral/wormhole out there - there is nothing new with this.  You're build has an empty exilus slot, and non-maxed flow - hardly a great example of anything.  Is it viable? sure - I'm sure its more than adequate.  Its just not min maxed.

Vets and progressed players are telling friends (I'll leave the word noob out) about hte usefulness of an aura forma IMPROVING the above builds.  Is the improvement huge? no. But squeezing a little more out of anything is always the goal of min maxing - none of it required but there it is.

I already put aura forma's on Trinity, Volt, Chroma, and Nova - none of them were required - in some cases it just gave me a little more starting energy, in others allowed for adding one tiny pip to an exilus slot.  I still have 4 more built aura formas - I haven't 100% decided where to put them but am leaning toward Oberon, Mag, Octavia, and Equinox, and by the time I actually apply them, I'll probably have more again for possibly Frost, Excal, etc.

None of it is required - all my builds were fine for any content before, but now they're just a little more fine.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, hackedraptor said:

Yeah use umbral intensify and umbral fibre on speedva. What a genius. Maybe klearn to read or use mods properly before blabbering random stuff?

I hope with all my heart you realize he is talking about what you said with "Nova isn't that frame". He even starts it with "She is that frame."

19 minutes ago, DragonDude3010 said:

I hope with all my heart you realize he is talking about what you said with "Nova isn't that frame". He even starts it with "She is that frame."

What frame?? Sharing my slow build below just so you and this other guy can stop with the tanky tanky prime umbral build lines...

21 minutes ago, (XB1)Tucker D Dawg said:

Simply because you can do a build that doesn't use an Aura forma doesn't make it useless crap.  People have been forma'ing Nova for years and there are plenty of builds that allow for a slow/speed/neutral/wormhole out there - there is nothing new with this.  You're build has an empty exilus slot, and non-maxed flow - hardly a great example of anything.  Is it viable? sure - I'm sure its more than adequate.  Its just not min maxed.

Vets and progressed players are telling friends (I'll leave the word noob out) about hte usefulness of an aura forma IMPROVING the above builds.  Is the improvement huge? no. But squeezing a little more out of anything is always the goal of min maxing - none of it required but there it is.

I already put aura forma's on Trinity, Volt, Chroma, and Nova - none of them were required - in some cases it just gave me a little more starting energy, in others allowed for adding one tiny pip to an exilus slot.  I still have 4 more built aura formas - I haven't 100% decided where to put them but am leaning toward Oberon, Mag, Octavia, and Equinox, and by the time I actually apply them, I'll probably have more again for possibly Frost, Excal, etc.

None of it is required - all my builds were fine for any content before, but now they're just a little more fine.

My build has an empty exolus slot because I havent unlocked the xilus slot. I can fit in exilus mod easily. And it does make aura forma useless for what its been portrayed/hailed as i.e. necessary for a complete speedva build. Now ofc if you are a guy who just wants to use different aura's for the sake of it like when playing slowva you want to use physique or something then its useful

Edited by hackedraptor

1 minute ago, hackedraptor said:

And it does make aura forma useless for what its been portrayed/hailed as i.e. necessary for a complete speedva build.

People putting aura formas on are min maxing.  They aren't building simply viable builds, they are building min maxed builds. If your definition of "complete" is not actually min/maxed but rather simply "viable" then don't worry if you don't have one - run what you have.  However, if you have nothing better to do in the game, and by the application of anything, you can improve a min max build, its not useless. 

That said,  I don't think I've seen anyone "hail"  them, claim they are required, or even all that  good - by in large the consensus is that they are underwhelming and not game changing.   I even started a thread a while back asking where people put them, and generally it was pretty tepid responses like  "meh, you could put it here or there - I guess".  Its more like if you have one, might as well apply it since you can improve your builds with it - even if the improvement might not even be noticeable.   At least it serves more purpose applied to a warframe than sitting in your inventory unused.

Why'd you bother putting primed continuity on?  Because its a marginal improvement over regular continuity.  You can have a viable build without it, and a better one with it.  The same is true for the aura polarity - you've just arbitrarily decided to draw the line in the sand somewhere else.

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, (XB1)Tucker D Dawg said:

People putting aura formas on are min maxing.  They aren't building simply viable builds, they are building min maxed builds. If your definition of "complete" is not actually min/maxed but rather simply "viable" then don't worry if you don't have one - run what you have.  However, if you have nothing better to do in the game, and by the application of anything, you can improve a min max build, its not useless. 

That said,  I don't think I've seen anyone "hail"  them, claim they are required, or even all that  good - by in large the consensus is that they are underwhelming and not game changing.   I even started a thread a while back asking where people put them, and generally it was pretty tepid responses like  "meh, you could put it here or there - I guess".  Its more like if you have one, might as well apply it since you can improve your builds with it - even if the improvement might not even be noticeable.   At least it serves more purpose applied to a warframe than sitting in your inventory unused.

Why'd you bother putting primed continuity on?  Because its a marginal improvement over regular continuity.  You can have a viable build without it, and a better one with it.  The same is true for the aura polarity - you've just arbitrarily decided to draw the line in the sand somewhere else.

min maxing what? You do realise every single mod Im using here is maxed. I can max the primed flow too and my build works fine. The reason my flow isnt max is because of other frames. What mods are oyu using? Is there a new primeed narrow minded or primed umbral vitality and intensify they made just for you? Both my slow and speed builds are fully maximised and like I said umbral forma only useful  if you want to use whatever aura mod you want which appeals to a very minimal number of people. I had to say its useless because people said they saw a use for it in speedva but I just proved that wrong.

1k players = 1k game-styles. Players, on PHP Forums, recommend what is, in their opinion, best for each Frame, it’s not some kind of e-peen battle. If you made decision to Polarize Aura Slot on Frame you will use frequently best solution, atm, is Polarize it with Aura Forma, you will never know what is waiting for you in the future.

Edited by (PS4)Onder6099

39 minutes ago, hackedraptor said:

min maxing what?

stats. capacity. starting energy.  theory crafting.  If you applied an aura forma to your build, it would be better.  full stop.  You would have more starting energy when you begin a level.  that is better than having less energy.  Is it particularly meaningful? No. but it is BETTER.

39 minutes ago, hackedraptor said:

I had to say its useless because people said they saw a use for it in speedva but I just proved that wrong.

its not useless. not very useful != useless. 

Further more, showing that you didn't use one, doesn't mean people don't have a use for it.  Proving that an apple is a fruit doesn't prove an orange isn't one.

Edited by (XB1)Tucker D Dawg
  • Like 2

A frame with an aura forma on it is strictly better then a frame without an aura forma on it in every regard.  You can have a proper spova/slova build without one but one of the builds will be taking a hit in terms of flexibility mod wise with so much less capacity.  

• Like 2

2 hours ago, hackedraptor said:

I shared a speedva build.My polarities work with slowva too. But I dont know about escape v build but it seems from your build you dont need aura forma there either since power donation isnt important like with speed build.

Ah but it IS important on my PD nova speed build. That one I posted is a Speed RUNNING build, I have a separate build for my Speedva. Until Aura forma was introduced I had resorted to building a 2nd Nova Prime to accommodate all my builds.