Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Hildryn and Gara augment ideas.

Blade_Wolf_16

I loved Gara and Hildryn as soon as I got them on their respective releases, so I had a couple ideas for potential Augments that I would personally enjoy using.  Let me know what you think!

Gara :

1- Shattered Lash :

-> Shattered Throw : Tapping the ability key will now throw 3 glass swords (affected by both Strenght and Range), dealing 25% of the regular damage (each). Swords will have an arc trajectory and explode in a 3m radius (not affected by mods) if they it an obstacle, dealing 75 Slash and 75 Puncture damage to enemies. Thrown swords can be used to destroy the glass wall from Mass Vitrify.

-> Shattered Mace : Gara trades her thin glass blade for a massive glass orb that she shatters with force. Changes the base radius from 0.75m to 3m, but reduces the range from 10m to 6m. Damage is now split 60% Puncture and 40% Impact. By holding the ability key, Gara will now perform a 360° attack with 20% more range that deals 35% more base damage, but splits the damage to 75% Impact and 25% Slash. Gara will be stuck in animation (fast, maybe like 0.5 sec) while using the sweep attack, but also immune to knockdowns and Staggers.

-> Crystal Scythe : Replaces the glass sword thrust for a vertical (upward) slice of a one-handed scythe, changing the damage from pure Puncture to 70% Slash and 30% Puncture and ragdolling enemies. If charged, Gara will perform a wide, circular sweep that can be chained by alterning between tapping and charging the ability after the initial charged attack (I'd say maybe a 3 hit combo like Atlas, except she wouldn't be invulnerable while using it). 

4- Mass Vitrify :

-> Mystifying Glass : Vitrified enemies are now open to friendly fire and will attract the other enemies' attention as long as they are stuned. Also, the walls and vitrified enemies will return 90% (moddable) of the damage received to the attacker. 

-> Vitrifying Maelström : Killing a vitrified enemy when the wall is intact (no breach) will create flying shards of glass that deals damage within the wall (60% Slash, 30% Puncture and 10% Impact). Each (vitrified) kill adds damage to the storm, scaling with the enemie's EHP (Vitrified enemies killed by the shards will count). Once a section of the wall is destroyed, the shards are propelled in the breach, dealing the accumulated damage over 3 seconds in the direction of the breach (55% Puncture, 45% Slash). If detonated by the player, the shards will add 10% (not moddable) of the accumulated damage to the explosion's. 

-> Stronghold : Creates 2 additionnal walls within the main one. The first wall has 50% of the initial durability (10 sections), the second one has 25% (6 sections) and the last one 15% (4 sections). Enhance the durability scaling (from vitrified enemies) by 15%. (Damage dealt by each sections once destroyed is tied to it's individual health. Damage of the manual explosion takes in account every walls.)

Hildryn:

1- Balefire

-> Pulsor : Adds a secondary-fire with 3 selectable projectiles (works like Ivara's Quiver, but tapping the alt-fire will cycle between the projectiles and hold will shoot). 

-  Singularity : Shoots a massive, limited range projectile that travels slowly, dealing 300 Magnetic Damage per/sec in a 5m radius. Enemies that are hit by it will be ragdolled and slowed by 70% for 5 seconds.

- Riot : Shoots an air-burst projectile that deals 500 Radiation damage in a 10m radius. Has a flat +25% Status chance.

- Leech : Fires a 4m wide shockwave that deals 700 Electic damage, then comes back to Hildryn, dealing damage again. Grants 25 Shield or Overshield by enemy hit and an additionnal 100 per enemy killed. 

2- Pillage :

-> Sabotage : Every status effect that Hildryn removes from herself and allies are dealt to enemies affected by the ability. Hildryn and her Allies also become immune to other status effects for the duration of the ability.

-> Firewall : Allies within the ability range receive the same amount of Shield/Overshield (still capped to their maximum Shield/Overshield) and enemies are staggered for 3 seconds. 

3- Haven

-> Haven's Gatekeeper : Hildryn, as well as allies affected under the effect of Haven, will emit a pulse in a 5m radius every 4 seconds, dealing 100 Electric damage with 100% status chance. Enemies affected by the initial ability are slowed by 20%.

-> Memento : Allies will keep all the shared passives from Hildryn for 3 seconds (moddable) upon leaving the ability's range if Haven is still activated. Enemies affected by the ability will receive +20% damage from Status effects and suffer from a +40% Status duration (on self) debuff. 

4- Aegis Storm

-> Aegis Gale : Hildryn now moves 60% faster while using Aegis Storm. Also grant +30% Flight Speed and +20% explosion radius to Balefire. While AS is active, perform a Shield Dash to attract energy and health orbs in a 15m radius (dos not stack with Vacuum nor Fetch).

-> Eye of the Storm : Deals 25% more damage over time based on distance, where the closer to Hildryn, the lower the damage. However, enemies are slowly dragged towards Hildryn and every enemy within a 5m Radius from her will grant an additionnal 5% damage to Balefire, as well as increasing the chances for every enemy affected by AS to drop a Health Orb on death by 10%.

-> Hail Storm : Removes the range limit over Hildryn (still reduced if you go up). Enemies effected by Aegis Storm will slowly rise, lowering the damage over time. However, the damage received when AS is deactivated is increased by the height from which the enemies fall, up to 200%. Enemies who fall from 8m and more and survive will be unable to move for 5  seconds.

Edited by Blade_Wolf_16
Some other ideas and some additions to previous ones.

I like shattered throw. for mass vitrify, I have the same idea as your 2nd suggestion for it, but the shards left by killed vitrified enemies will instead refresh your splinter storm by X seconds, that way you don't have to keep casting your 4 to refresh it. it can even up it's damage to give it the same effect as recasting your 4 and it'll make sense since you're adding splinters/shards 

Le 20/05/2019 à 21:29, GinKenshin a dit :

I like shattered throw. for mass vitrify, I have the same idea as your 2nd suggestion for it, but the shards left by killed vitrified enemies will instead refresh your splinter storm by X seconds, that way you don't have to keep casting your 4 to refresh it. it can even up it's damage to give it the same effect as recasting your 4 and it'll make sense since you're adding splinters/shards 

It does make sense, yeah, but tbh I don't really like her offensive part. From what I saw when DE showed her kit, she was supposed to be more of a tanky Def/CC/Support frame (which is what I personaly prefer and love about her), so seeing her being used like a nuke and/or passive blender isn't appealing to me. That's why my MV suggestions aren't focused on the player-triggered explosion or keeping SS active/make it scale faster, but additionnal CC and a DoT that implies keeping the wall shut (that doubles as a security measure if enemies breach the wall).

Edited by Blade_Wolf_16