Reveal the Stalker's Operator Identity

(NSW)Kaizer

I'm honestly tired of his pretentious and warped conceptions of justice that I'd love nothing more than to have the chance to meet him/her face to face and end their life as a story mission it would make things so satisfactory for many players. Obviously the Stalker would still be doing their thing pestering us on missions but it would make it more worth it to be able to have such a mission to give them their just karma for their twisted and annoying ideals.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, (NSW)Kaizer said:

I'm honestly tired of his pretentious and warped conceptions of justice that I'd love nothing more than to have the chance to meet him/her face to face and end their life as a story mission it would make things so satisfactory for many players. Obviously the Stalker would still be doing their thing pestering us on missions but it would make it more worth it to be able to have such a mission to give them their just karma for their twisted and annoying ideals.

To be fair, the Stalker’s main motivation isn’t so much that we’re killing bosses and he hates it, it’s that we turned the Orokin leadership into a bloody mess at the same time as they were congratulating us for saving everyone, and he hates us for THAT. I feel like it’d be more suitable for the Stalker to help us in the New War story in some way, as we were kinda brainwashed at the time and we killed everyone under the Lotus’s orders.

Edited by YUNoJump
  • Like 3

38 minutes ago, -Amaterasu- said:

Who said the stalker even has an operator?

This.

Stalker is most likely a non-Tenno that forced Transference into a purpose-built Warframe (think Silvana from The Silver Grove) and he's now stuck that way. He's slowly gone a little crazy as a result of both the state he's stuck in and the fact that he's forced his mind into a frame and anyone who's completed The Silver Grove and/or The Sacrifice should know why that's a bad idea.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Chipputer said:

This.

Stalker is most likely a non-Tenno that forced Transference into a purpose-built Warframe (think Silvana from The Silver Grove) and he's now stuck that way. He's slowly gone a little crazy as a result of both the state he's stuck in and the fact that he's forced his mind into a frame and anyone who's completed The Silver Grove and/or The Sacrifice should know why that's a bad idea.

Well I don't know, Silvana seems relatively fine mentally after the whole ordeal, so we've got one instance where we end up with crazy and another instance where hey, nothing major's gone wrong.

It's possible that stalker is just a warframe from before the Tenno and Transference was created. It is possible that he did not rebel against the Orokin, unlike the other warframes.

I would like to know who the stalker was before he was a warframe and why he is so loyal to the Orokin long after their fall. 

1 minute ago, (NSW)KentInkOVanheim said:

It's possible that stalker is just a warframe from before the Tenno and Transference was created. It is possible that he did not rebel against the Orokin, unlike the other warframes. 

If I remember correctly he calls himself a “guardian” in his codex entry, my theory is that he’s got the same design as a Warframe ie living being encased in special armour, but he hadn’t had the infested treatment necessary to become a vessel for Operators (like Umbra had). 

But when you play the Second Dream the Shadow Stalker there is a clear indication the he's come to suspect he's a "dreamer" Hunhow is even implying it when he states to the Shadow Stalker that he hates himself.

Edited by (NSW)Kaizer

4 hours ago, YUNoJump said:

To be fair, the Stalker’s main motivation isn’t so much that we’re killing bosses and he hates it, it’s that we turned the Orokin leadership into a bloody mess at the same time as they were congratulating us for saving everyone, and he hates us for THAT. I feel like it’d be more suitable for the Stalker to help us in the New War story in some way, as we were kinda brainwashed at the time and we killed everyone under the Lotus’s orders.

Agreed. The Second Dream drops a lot of hints that the Stalker is more complex than we give him credit for and may be having second thoughts about just blindly murdering Tenno for ancient revenge. I don't think he's insane, so much as intensely bitter and heavily conflicted - a person who never quite manage to deal with the trauma of losing a nation state he believed in, in such a graphic and violent fashion. The Stalker is someone who ruminates, reducing complex emotions to simple solutions rather than dealing with them directly because they simply hurt too much. And yet, when he finally comes face-to-face with the actual operator, the Stalker realises that he has become what he hates - the monster on the other side of the blade, about to strike down a defenceless child.

In the hands of a good writer, he could serve as a compelling anti-hero or at the very least anti-villain once his "simple solutions" get challenged by the return of the Sentients in full force and revelations about their role in the downfall of the Orokin.

7 hours ago, Renegade343 said:

Well I don't know, Silvana seems relatively fine mentally after the whole ordeal, so we've got one instance where we end up with crazy and another instance where hey, nothing major's gone wrong.

Silvana is inside the Silver Grove, though, not an actual Warframe. She tried with Titania and it wasn't a good idea.

27 minutes ago, Chipputer said:

Silvana is inside the Silver Grove, though, not an actual Warframe. She tried with Titania and it wasn't a good idea.

Lotus and Hunhow call Stalker the same as us, as well Lotus says that Stalker originally learning of the nature of the Tenno is what drove him insane in the first place. Stalker hjimself says he was a Low Guardian, but we have little basis one what exact ranking social or martial that existed within Orokin or Tenno society. That said, Silvana didn't attempt transference into Titania but used the warframe as s filter as she was barely able to comprehend the inky corrupting tar that the Void represented to her mind even with the Warframe. Who knows how it would have worked out if Sylvana wasn't attacked and fatally injured along with the Titania warframe by Dax sent to terminate her for going Awol? At this point, Sylvana is probably just losing track of her original existence versus that of the New Loka Earth mother rather than for her attempt to become such itself.

40 minutes ago, Chipputer said:

Yeah, but she wasn't turned utterly insane and feral after the experience though, which is my point. From all the people that tried Transference that is not us, they haven't gone insane just yet.

Just now, Renegade343 said:

Yeah, but she wasn't turned utterly insane and feral after the experience though, which is my point. From all the people that tried Transference that is not us, they haven't gone insane just yet.

You miss the part where the Warframes have a tortured mind and only the Tenno, proper, can calm them. Silvana makes sure to mention that placing her consciousness into Titania was a bad idea because of how it affected her mind. She uses the term, "survived," even.

13 minutes ago, Urlan said:

Silvana didn't attempt transference into Titania

These past weeks, I've been secretly testing Transference on myself. I can only survive short bursts - linking to Titania the way only Tenno can stand. I've never felt anything like it. A tortured presence, like an evil ink, staining my mind.

"Linking to Titania the way only Tenno can stand."
This isn't some cryptic metaphor. It's directly stating that she attempted Transference into a Warframe.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Chipputer said:

You miss the part where the Warframes have a tortured mind and only the Tenno, proper, can calm them. Silvana makes sure to mention that placing her consciousness into Titania was a bad idea because of how it affected her mind. She uses the term, "survived," even.

No, I didn't missed that part, and she even said that it worked enough for her purposes. Who's to say that it didn't also work enough for Stalker for his purposes?

1 minute ago, Renegade343 said:

No, I didn't missed that part, and she even said that it worked enough for her purposes. Who's to say that it didn't also work enough for Stalker for his purposes?

You have exactly one confirmed example of someone who hasn't gone insane from Transference and said person isn't even in a Warframe.

On the flip side you have exactly one confirmed example of a person who has gone a little tilted while within a Warframe. He's not even sure if he ever was a Tenno. Hunhow implies that he was. Lotus implies that the truth of the reservoir is what tilted him.
Neither the Lotus nor Hunhow are reliable narrators.

9 minutes ago, Chipputer said:

You have exactly one confirmed example of someone who hasn't gone insane from Transference and said person isn't even in a Warframe.

On the flip side you have exactly one confirmed example of a person who has gone a little tilted while within a Warframe. He's not even sure if he ever was a Tenno. Hunhow implies that he was. Lotus implies that the truth of the reservoir is what tilted him.
Neither the Lotus nor Hunhow are reliable narrators. 

But while she was in a Warframe, she wasn't permanently tainted. Unless, and this is my personal thought, maybe Stalker's state of mind prior to going into a Warframe was enough to tolerate whatever presence was in that Warframe (i.e.: Managing to keep onto his sanity and coherence), and that in turn caused some sort of reaction.

37 minutes ago, Chipputer said:

"Linking to Titania the way only Tenno can stand."
This isn't some cryptic metaphor. It's directly stating that she attempted Transference into a Warframe.

No, I don't, proto warframes or what Ballas calls Bio-Drones have a tortured mind. This is shared with Umbra due to his using a mix of the techniques of Silvana's warframes proper and the earlier Bio-drones made using Helminth to convert living subjects into warframe like bio-weapons. The infested, which can otherwise communicate with other infested organisms clearly refer to our warframes as being without will, "Empty Hollow Shells" which is echoed by Hunhow and Ballas who reference the design of the Silvana warframes to have creatures without will that act as surrogate bodies for the Tenno to puppeteer.

Her line is referring to trying to use the warframe as a filter to attempt transference into what came known as the Silver Grove. She attempted early skimming of this, little at a time in the lab before going through with her AWOL attempt. She explicitly mentions that just that light brush with the Void filtered through the warframe was a corrupting influence.

• Like 1

I agree with what most people say. Stalky is definetely more complex than just an edgy dude who wants to kill us. 

I remember a past thread talking about the possibility that Ordan Karris could have been "split in two" by the Orokins. Mind and body. Ordis and Stalker. 

Ordan was one of the most efficient warrior at the Orokin disposal. So much that they offered him immortality. Would the Orokin, especialy Ballas (who is partly responsible of both Sentients and Warframes), just enslave him as a docile Cephalon?

Sure, we don't know how they turn someone into a Cephalon. Maybe the corpse is destroyed in the process. But if not, what remains? We already know that Ordis still has Ordan's memories and personnality, even if he tries to get rid of them. By this logic, maybe his corpse was still alive and "usable" via mutation with Helminth strains. After removing the rebellious traits of Ordan (by creating Ordis), they coud have used him as a loyal bio-drone as efficient as his old self. 

According to lore, Stalker was among the "lesser guardians" when he witnessed the fall of the Orokin. There's not much detail about lesser guardians, but I get the feeling they're warframes whose operators permanently transferred themselves into for the purposes of eternal guardianship, similar to Rell transferring into Harrow. This also has the consequence of the frame having only one life to live, which explains why he always runs away when defeated, and this drawback was probably why he was reduced to being a lesser guardian.

5 hours ago, (NSW)Kaizer said:

I did notice his frame's original form is identical to an Excalibur, meanwhile his shadow form is like Excalibur Umbra, heck Umbra means shadow too, but in reference to the shadow of the moon.

Hunhow even calls him the Shadow during The Second Dream.