Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Shouldn't there have been a pop-up warning in-game about the end of nightwave, warning us to spend our wolf cred?...

(PSN)Wanderkrowe

I still had like 350 wolf creds saved up to spend at a time when I needed something and I really feel like this loss of wolf creds was not communicated to me, as a player, well enough.

edit: Or a message to our inbox about this. There were several ways to communicate this properly to the players.

edit 2: To everybpdy talking about the news console. That console is a hidden away little thing that I'm sure a lot of people forget even exists. That is not an adequate platform to communicate such an important thing. At the very least we should have gotten a direct message into our inbox about this.

Edited by (PS4)Wanderkrowe
  • Like 6

There was on the News Console in your Orbiter. This it was accurate right down to The Minute... I spent all my Wolf Creds 50 Minutes before Night wave Ended.

Uhm.... I honestly don't know what to tell ya.... it was there for a week and we knew It was going to end right around this time two weeks before that....atleast I knew it two weeks before.

I guess all I can say is sorry....

• Like 2

Just now, --Q--Animan8000 said:

It was even in the wolf cred description, that they do expire at the end of the season...

I don't remember getting any warning in-game that it was gonna end last weekend. It may have been said so here on the website, it may have been put into the news section on the orbiter but I don't remember getting any real warning about this.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, (PS4)Wanderkrowe said:

I don't remember getting any warning in-game that it was gonna end last weekend. It may have been said so here on the website, it may have been put into the news section on the orbiter but I don't remember getting any real warning about this.

Well that depends what you mean by "Real Warning" ? 

Also don't you look at your News Console.... ?

1 minute ago, (PS4)Wanderkrowe said:

it may have been put into the news section on the orbiter but I don't remember getting any real warning about this.

That was the warning, it was openly communicated it was going to end, they gave you an in-game date as well as forum posts weeks in advance.

If you don't bother to even look at the news section that's kind of on you, I also don't really see why you'd bother stockpiling wolf cred when nothing was really all that expensive and it had an expiration attached to it.

I guess they could have put together some seizure inducing display while having a message flash across your entire screen in big letters that it was ending but that seems a bit much.

• Like 5

1 minute ago, Lutesque said:

Well that depends what you mean by "Real Warning" ? 

Look at my edits. No, I don't look at the news console and I'm sure I'm not the only person who doesn't. Regardless, I wholeheartedly believe that is not a good enough way to communicate this to the players. This was an important enough thing for a message to our inbox.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, (PS4)Wanderkrowe said:

That console is a hidden away little thing that I'm sure a lot of people forget even exists.

Please tell me:
how is the news console "a hidden away little thing" considering that it is right next to your mission loading zone and clearly visible if you are looking towards the mission area or come up the ramp into the front section of your ship.
And when there is new news it even blinks blue to show you that you have something you haven't read yet.

That was clearly visible.
It was right in your face so to speak.

What more do you want DE to do?  Have a constant pop-up every time you enter your orbiter that "Nightwave season one ends on this date!"?

• Like 6

Just now, -Amaterasu- said:

I guess they could have put together some seizure inducing display while having a message flash across your entire screen in big letters that it was ending but that seems a bit much.

Or you know, a simple message to our inbox, like many more, less important events get.

• Like 4

We've known wolf creds would expire since day 1 of nightwave I....

Could DE have publicised the end of nightwave a little better, arguably yes, but it was there in the screen to the right of the navigation screen so at the very least players should 'learn' to look at this once in a while, it was there for a good week iirc. 

On 2019-05-21 at 3:14 PM, Tsukinoki said:

Please tell me:
how is the news console "a hidden away little thing" considering that it is right next to your mission loading zone and clearly visible if you are looking towards the mission area or come up the ramp into the front section of your ship.
And when there is new news it even blinks blue to show you that you have something you haven't read yet.

That was clearly visible.
It was right in your face so to speak.

What more do you want DE to do?  Have a constant pop-up every time you enter your orbiter that "Nightwave season one ends on this date!"?

A message to my inbox, that's what. I don't know how that is too much to ask.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Lutesque said:

I can't speak for anyone else, but I don't read the news console.  of course, I do check the website every day, so reading the news console would be kinda redundant.

To be honest, while I don't feel it's as big a deal as the OP is making of it, I do think there should've been a notification on the Nightwave act list during the last week

• Like 7

Gerade eben schrieb (PS4)Wanderkrowe:

Look at my edits. No, I don't look at the news console and I'm sure I'm not the only person who doesn't.

You are not the only person who doesn't. And just as these other people it's your own fault.

You can't have child-safeties everywhere.

• Like 1

That console blinks blue anytime anything is added and is the first thing I notice when first loading into the console.  Even when I'm not trying to.  Also in a game like this why would you not glance over and see if anything's new?

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Walkampf said:

You are not the only person who doesn't. And just as these other people it's your own fault.

You can't have child-safeties everywhere.

I shouldn't have to keep track of news I mostly don't give a crap about to receive a warning about losing my wolf creds. For the 5th time, I don't understand how a message to our inbox wasn't delivered about this.

• Like 2

Just now, (PS4)Wanderkrowe said:

I shouldn't have to keep track of news I mostly don't give a crap about to receive a warning about losing my wolf creds. For the 5th time, I don't understand how a message to our inbox wasn't delivered about this.

Because we already had a message in the news console.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, (PS4)Wanderkrowe said:

Or you know, a simple message to our inbox, like many more, less important events get.

No event has ever been given an end date from the inbox and I have over five years of backlog in my inbox to prove that. You should have just looked at the news section, the messages even flash when they're new to draw attention.

We got a pop-up message when the new item was posted, too, so the claim that you weren't informed is facetious. But an inbox message would be great, yes.

Post it in #Feedback. Remember to keep your post concise, precise and polite. Done due diligence, move on. 

Nothing to discuss here, it's a doublepost on a previous topic, and it's feedback, so wrong forum to boot.