Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Shouldn't there have been a pop-up warning in-game about the end of nightwave, warning us to spend our wolf cred?...

(PSN)Wanderkrowe

8 minutes ago, (PS4)Wanderkrowe said:

Cause I don't care about 99% of the dumb news on there. I don't care about the devstreams, I don't care about when the new patch arrives. 

With respect, if you don’t care about anything such as that, why should the game cater for you? 

Also there are other threads already regarding this issue. 

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, (PS4)Wanderkrowe said:

I shouldn't have to keep track of news I mostly don't give a crap

If you didn't care then, you don't get to whine now.

9 minutes ago, (PS4)Wanderkrowe said:

Which I have already argued is not a adequate bloody platform for such an important information, jesus christ.

Just cause you said it isn't doesn't mean it isn't. Wow, look, I'm gonna say it is adequate, now we have word against word, whatchu gonna do about it?

The news board is adequate way to convey this information. Boom, there you have it.

Edited by HugintheCrow
  • Like 1

Just now, Mez999 said:

With respect, if you don’t care about anything such as that, why should the game cater for you? 

Also there are other threads already regarding this issue. 

Because just wanting to play the game, not caring about the aforementioned things is such a toxic attitude. /s

Good, the more people that complain about this legitimately bad move the better. Maybe if enough people talk about it we will get to actually spend the resources we were robbed of.

• Like 1

Just now, (PS4)Wanderkrowe said:

Maybe if enough people talk about it we will get to actually spend the resources we were robbed of.

You weren't robbed. They mentioned in multiple places that the credits expired at the end of the season and they warned you when the season was ending. Can't get much better than that.

Check the news console.  They said weeks in advance of even May 15th that the soonest nightwave season 1 would end is may 15th, should have spent your wolf creds before then.  If you don't care about news in this game I have no idea why you play, as new stuff is the only relevant stuff usually in this game.  It flashes blue text at you when there's something you haven't read, if you don't want to look that's all on you.  We don't need an inbox message for it, hell I'm going to say inbox is a worse way of delivering news then the news feed because you have to click multiple times to get there whereas the newsfeed is right there when you load onto your ship and visible unless you actually covered it with a metric ton of decorations to block it.  

Just now, (XB1)Shodian said:

You weren't robbed. They mentioned in multiple places that the credits expired at the end of the season and they warned you when the season was ending. Can't get much better than that.

Except you can, in a very easy way, which I have explained about 10 times by now but you people still seem to repeat the same thing like bloody parrots.

• Like 1

Just now, (PS4)Wanderkrowe said:

Because just wanting to play the game, not caring about the aforementioned things is such a toxic attitude. /s

Good, the more people that complain about this legitimately bad move the better. Maybe if enough people talk about it we will get to actually spend the resources we were robbed of.

Go post in #Feedback. #GD is a meaningless void of impotent screaming and infantile tantrums. You don't need to win a popularity contest with your fellow keyboard warriors, you need to provide concise, precise, polite feedback in the appropriate place.

And again, the news item - like every news item and event - was announced via ingame pop-up. Your inability to follow sensory cues does not constitute theft, calm down there, Robin Hood.

• Like 3

vor 16 Minuten schrieb (PS4)Wanderkrowe:

I don't understand how a message to our inbox wasn't delivered about this.

Because it was communicated on several other parts inside AND outside of the game.

If YOU don't pay attention to anything, it's your own fault.

I just hope you will never get a drivers license.

vor 16 Minuten schrieb (PS4)Wanderkrowe:

"Well, it's not my fault I ran over that person, the car didn't communicate to me, that I had a red light!"

• Like 2

1 minute ago, (PS4)Wanderkrowe said:

Except you can, in a very easy way, which I have explained about 10 times by now but you people still seem to repeat the same thing like bloody parrots.

Except that wasn't the title of your topic. Your topic insinuated that there was no warning at all in game that Nightwave was ending and that is not true. You have the news console. Now if you had put in feedback about perhaps getting an inbox message about the end of Nightwave then that would be a different story.

• Like 2

Just now, Ced23Ric said:

Go post in #Feedback. #GD is a meaningless void of impotent screaming and infantile tantrums. You don't need to win a popularity contest with your fellow keyboard warriors, you need to provide concise, precise, polite feedback in the appropriate place.

And again, the news item - like every news item and event - was announced via ingame pop-up. Your inability to follow sensory cues does not constitute theft, calm down there, Robin Hood.

I ignored you once before because you sound like you are high on your own farts. I don't think I'm screaming and I don't think I'm being a keyboard warrior and last but not least I don't think I am being unreasonable. My point is pretty simple. DE didn't communicate this well enough and I have talked about what they should have done.

7 minutes ago, (PS4)Wanderkrowe said:

I didn’t say you had a toxic attitude. I was simply pointing out that you make an active decision to not check various outlets of information and then complain when you don’t have said information. 

I get why you’re annoyed but the error does seem to lie in your lack of personal responsibility. 

11 minutes ago, Wyrmius_Prime said:

Bro u had 10 weeks.

Wasn't it more like 12-13 in the end, with the extension?

But yeah, as in all the other whine threads about this...they were warned well in advance (if they'd bothered to look).

Honestly, its like a bunch of kindergarteners needing their hands held when they cross the road.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, (PS4)Wanderkrowe said:

Look at my edits. No, I don't look at the news console and I'm sure I'm not the only person who doesn't. Regardless, I wholeheartedly believe that is not a good enough way to communicate this to the players. This was an important enough thing for a message to our inbox.

Well... this might be an issue with The Difference in platforms. I know I couldn't read anything back when I played on my Xbox on the TV....

On my Monitor however its easy for me to see all the titles multipe times even when im just waiting for the count down timer when tbe other players have already accpted the mission....

You have a point.... as a whole all the news in that console needs to easier for all players on all platforms to access it.

27 minutes ago, vid23 said:

even the wolf creds description said it

No it doesn't... infact Wolf Cred was not a linkable term until much later into the season.

28 minutes ago, Tsukinoki said:

Please tell me:
how is the news console "a hidden away little thing" considering that it is right next to your mission loading zone and clearly visible if you are looking towards the mission area or come up the ramp into the front section of your ship.
And when there is new news it even blinks blue to show you that you have something you haven't read yet.

That was clearly visible.
It was right in your face so to speak.

What more do you want DE to do?  Have a constant pop-up every time you enter your orbiter that "Nightwave season one ends on this date!"?

You're jumping to conclusions. That console isn't clearly visible to everyone...the obvious issue for console players but on PC this was an issue for me because the game is freaking Bright I couldn't see anything.... it wasn't until I set my brightness to 0 that I noticed... oh.... theres a news console here.

47 minutes ago, (PS4)Wanderkrowe said:

I still had like 350 wolf creds saved up to spend at a time when I needed something and I really feel like this loss of wolf creds was not communicated to me, as a player, well enough.

edit: Or a message to our inbox about this. There were several ways to communicate this properly to the players.

edit 2: To everybpdy talking about the news console. That console is a hidden away little thing that I'm sure a lot of people forget even exists. That is not an adequate platform to communicate such an important thing. At the very least we should have gotten a direct message into our inbox about this.

stop arguing with them
it wont take u nowhere
and in my opinion news feed should be in star chart where u actually look not by side of it where most of us dont look

but they will defend it because it was there just not in ur face so it was ur fault u was not checking it every day in case something change same stupid logic as if u make 2 posts in 1 forum each containing half of ur question but then they would not see a problem that 2nd part of information they need is next to each other
so trust me its not worth to argue with them at all

and well what can i say de just plain dont care about ur experience they just play u waste ur time doing things in game which lead into waste of ur time and resources so what can we expect? a warning u gonna lose something?  yea right

• Like 1

vor 1 Minute schrieb ZeroZX4:

it was ur fault u was not checking it every day in case something change

There are 2 things quite frankly wrong in this statement.

1. Nothing was "changed" it was always known, that the Credits whould vanish when the series ended.

2. Nobody is talking about checking "daily", we are talking about "checking once in 13 weeks".

• Like 3

1 minute ago, DeckChairVonBananaCamel said:

having a warning in the nightwave screen would be nice (as far as im aware, it only had the expiry for the weeklies?)

That would be a great improvement for season 2.

There's absolutely no reason why an in-game message to our inboxes should be a problem. Yes, it's true that the news console is within view any time you're near your Navigation console (and if you choose not to check that then it's on you, not DE), but it's also true that we get messages for many, many lesser reasons, the least of which being the Ghoul Purge event when our Navigation console is already enough to tell us it's going on.

That being said, your attitude toward the news console is atrocious, OP.

• Like 1

So because we have it in the console feed we shouldn't have it in other places? I'm not a victim of this complaint, already spent all my credits way before it ended. But seriously, would it have really killed DE to have delivered an actual message via inbox like they do for every other useless thing? I mean, you also have Baro right there on the alerts screen and you know he comes every 2 weeks, you have the ghouls spam, every time Samodeus changes dispositions and you know that's also with every Prime Access (3 months or so), but they couldn't add 1 single message, one week before the end of the season, aka every 10-ish weeks?

It's not a huge problem imo. But it's also an easily avoided hassle for those who don't pay as much attention as I do.

We are here and know it? Good, I'll personally ask DE an inbox-delivered special "Good Scout Boy" noggle on our behalf, as good observers. But it's about making the system more user-friendly, specially because this little change doesn't have a big cost or impact for those against it for some reason. Not that OP isn't overreacting, but personal reactions and toxicity from anyone in the thread aside I do believe this would improve the QoL of the event for everyone.

Edited by (PS4)Hikuro-93

I’m always looking at the news console, so that responsibility lies with me.

But I think we have a lot of players in Warframe that have their duty to the starchart, be it within their sensibility or whether they’re inebriated: 

original.gif

The Grineer Queens are trying to eat you. 

Yes, and I said so on Sunday over in the "End Date" thread:

Sadly, no one was home at that time, and the thread is now conveniently locked.

@Devs: you should really fix this, and do it before the next season starts.

• Like 4

DE delivers all news about the game through the forums. The launcher doesn't even cover hotfixes unless they include major content and clicking on the links on the news console directs you to the website.

This is how DE delivers new to us and the fact that they do this is anything but news. Anyone who doesn't bother to check the forums or at least the front page of the website is either too new to realize that's where game news is or is being willingly ignorant.

Is it the best system? No. But it doesn't excuse blaming anything but one's own ignorance.

31hvok.jpg

Misleading players that it will continue, went it wasn't is a huge problem. To use your guys argument, this is like being told that the event will end, than last minute given information that contradicts that, FROM THE ORIGINAL SOURCE, and than having it end. Than blamed that we didn't follow the news even though we were given contradictory information.

35 minutes ago, Walkampf said:
56 minutes ago, (PS4)Wanderkrowe said:

I don't understand how a message to our inbox wasn't delivered about this.

Because it was communicated on several other parts inside AND outside of the game.

If YOU don't pay attention to anything, it's your own fault.

I just hope you will never get a drivers license. 

Are you for real? It was communicated on SEVERAL OTHER PARTS inside and outside of the game. Not every part, especially for players who just log in and play. Why not an inbox? why not in the launcher? They have every other event in your face and its expiration and get messages in inbox too. Picture above doesn't help your case. This isn't hand holding its proper delivery, A news person would put their articles on every avenue at their disposal not just Twitter and Instagram and leave out Facebook and youtube.

@ZeroZX4

Agreed

37 minutes ago, Ced23Ric said:

Getting a warning that I'm going to take your money doesn't mean that it makes it a good thing or fine. If I don't consent it is theft. Plain and simple, this isn't rent or some bill. Telling me it was loaned to me is reasonable, but why not make it more obvious, instead we had go out of our way to be given this information. If this was loan the information we missed is like the fine print in a contract, which is messed up. Than we given contradictory information on top of that.

Edited by LoadedAK47
  • Like 2