Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Shouldn't there have been a pop-up warning in-game about the end of nightwave, warning us to spend our wolf cred?...

(PSN)Wanderkrowe

3 minutes ago, trst said:

DE delivers all news about the game through the forums. The launcher doesn't even cover hotfixes unless they include major content and clicking on the links on the news console directs you to the website.

This is how DE delivers new to us and the fact that they do this is anything but news. Anyone who doesn't bother to check the forums or at least the front page of the website is either too new to realize that's where game news is or is being willingly ignorant.

Is it the best system? No. But it doesn't excuse blaming anything but one's own ignorance.

It wasn't on the front page, I've checked.

Usually when there's news, it doesn't mean that they're taking stuff away from us. If they don't fix it, the Wolf Credits are now completely worthless.

The Lotus sends us ingame messages for unimportant things like the end of the Ghouls mini-event on the plains. There's no excuse for this.

Edited by Kontrollo
typo
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, (PS4)Wanderkrowe said:

I ignored you once before because you sound like you are high on your own farts. I don't think I'm screaming and I don't think I'm being a keyboard warrior and last but not least I don't think I am being unreasonable. My point is pretty simple. DE didn't communicate this well enough and I have talked about what they should have done.

Not sure how you think you're coming across, but from your second post until here, you've been belligerent, combative and arrogant. 

Your feedback of "Hey, inbox message next time would be cool." is a valid suggestion for improvement, but posted in the wrong forum section. That's a reasonable point and addendum, something squarely in the QoL territory that doesn't take much effort but would help. It's be a first in 7 years of Warframe that the impending end of an event is announced in that fashion, sure, but it's no skin off anyone's back. Suggest it.

Everything else around it, including getting a pop-up, dismissing that pop-up, then asking for a pop-up with clearly charged phrasing is either an excuse where you refuse to take responsibility or downright hypocritical. Your insults stand in stark juxtaposition to insinuation of being calm. But, as you said: That's what you think of yourself.

And considering the source of your current actions and frustration is inability to reflect and admit your own negligence, I can see where that flawed self-assessment comes from.

It's a shame when a good idea suffers from being presented by an unfit host. But maybe you get your act together, realize the pointless futility of venting in #GD, write a topical, succint feedback post in the correct forum and move on. Who knows. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Tsukinoki said:

Please tell me:
how is the news console "a hidden away little thing" considering that it is right next to your mission loading zone and clearly visible if you are looking towards the mission area or come up the ramp into the front section of your ship.
And when there is new news it even blinks blue to show you that you have something you haven't read yet.

That was clearly visible.
It was right in your face so to speak.

What more do you want DE to do?  Have a constant pop-up every time you enter your orbiter that "Nightwave season one ends on this date!"?

I just picture a pile of floofs in front of the console...

hace 1 hora, (PS4)Wanderkrowe dijo:

Look at my edits. No, I don't look at the news console and I'm sure I'm not the only person who doesn't. Regardless, I wholeheartedly believe that is not a good enough way to communicate this to the players. This was an important enough thing for a message to our inbox.

And then people that are lazy enought to not paying attention to the inbox are gonna cry too ... if you are lazy its on you pal . The info was there .

Edited by Yagamilight123
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, --Q--Animan8000 said:

It was even in the wolf cred description, that they do expire at the end of the season...

The point is, that some do not follow the game outside of the game, so how would they know?

Since DE in all their wisdom locked the Nightwave End Date Thread i'll leave my thoughts here:

The fact that they ended NW act 1 at the same time on all platforms is plain stupid, PC players have the advantage that the next piece of content is coming out soon for them, but console players on the other hand are screwed. With no release date for either NW act 2 or The Jovian Concord on consoles we pretty much have to sit with our thumbs up our as$es for a good while. There is literally nothing to do right now for veteran players on console and new players have it even worse now since they have no way of earning aura mods, nitain extract, etc. It seems to me they clearly don't know wtf they are doing. And since nobody at DE has bothered to address any of this all i have to say is RIP console players. 

Sorry for the rant, but i needed to vent.

4 minutes ago, (XB1)Sprankton N said:

Since DE in all their wisdom locked the Nightwave End Date Thread i'll leave my thoughts here:

The fact that they ended NW act 1 at the same time on all platforms is plain stupid, PC players have the advantage that the next piece of content is coming out soon for them, but console players on the other hand are screwed. With no release date for either NW act 2 or The Jovian Concord on consoles we pretty much have to sit with our thumbs up our as$es for a good while. There is literally nothing to do right now for veteran players on console and new players have it even worse now since they have no way of earning aura mods, nitain extract, etc. It seems to me they clearly don't know wtf they are doing. And since nobody at DE has bothered to address any of this all i have to say is RIP console players. 

Sorry for the rant, but i needed to vent.

Do what now?

They've said they put off NW S2 so that they can release it simultaneously on console and PC.  At no point during NW have they neglected console unless you want to argue that the reduction in some of the challenges that came later to console due to release schedules was some sort of neglect.

1 hour ago, (PS4)Wanderkrowe said:

I still had like 350 wolf creds saved up to spend at a time when I needed something and I really feel like this loss of wolf creds was not communicated to me, as a player, well enough.

edit: Or a message to our inbox about this. There were several ways to communicate this properly to the players.

edit 2: To everybpdy talking about the news console. That console is a hidden away little thing that I'm sure a lot of people forget even exists. That is not an adequate platform to communicate such an important thing. At the very least we should have gotten a direct message into our inbox about this.

There have been twitter posts, facebook posts, hundreds of youtube videos, news feed in-game, 3 patch notes talked about it and the question about credits has been asked over a million times in global chat across all platforms. What the, excuse me for using the term; #*!%, esle do you need to learn to read ?

The way i see it; You had something else to do and missed the deadline, so now you're here blaming others for your problems.

Edited by Pohani_Herkules

OP, I'm writing this with good intentions. 

1) I think you're right, additional warnings would have been nice, since not everyone reads the news console. The Nightwave window or an inbox message would have been appropriate places for this, so nobody loses their progress.

2) Quarreling about if we have been warned strictly enough about wolf creds expiring will not make a difference. Others said above (with also good intentions, at least that's how it sounded for me) that your opinion would be better placed in the Feedback section. That's where devs read it, and people who think alike can back you up. They read our feedback about Nightwave itself too, and they will implement other warning methods when series 2 nears its end if the players tell them it's needed. Plus, if there's a big enough uproar, maybe they'll compensate you guys for the lost creds.

Note that before writing a feedback, it's advised to take a deep breath and not be inappropriate about the language, a nice and constructive feedback gets you farther.

Edited by (PS4)Viveeeh

1 minute ago, (PS4)Viveeeh said:

OP, I'm writing this with good intentions. 

1) I think you're right, additional warnings would have been nice, since not everyone reads the news console. The Nightwave window or an inbox message would have been appropriate places for this, so nobody loses their progress.

2) Quarreling about if we have been warned strictly enough about wolf creds expiring will not make a difference. Others said above (with also good intentions, at least that's how it sounded for me) that your opinion would be better placed in the Feedback section. That's where devs read it, and people who think alike can back you up. They read our feedback about Nightwave itself too, and they will implement other warning methods when series 2 nears its end if the players tell them it's needed. Plus, if there's a big enough uproar, maybe they'll compensate you guys for the lost creds.

Note that before writing a feedback, it's advised to take a deep breath and not be inappropriate about the language, a nice and constructive feedback gets you farther.

The Nightwave window has it and so does the description of Wolf Creds. 

2 minutes ago, (XB1)R3d P01nt said:

Do what now?

They've said they put off NW S2 so that they can release it simultaneously on console and PC.  At no point during NW have they neglected console unless you want to argue that the reduction in some of the challenges that came later to console due to release schedules was some sort of neglect.

Simultaneous release time for Nightwave does not work hence why they couldn't fix alot of the issues brought up during act 1. Additionally, they don't have a release date for act 2 or the next mainline update for consoles. This means there is next to nothing for veteran players to do, and without the old alert system new players lack the means to obtain aura mods, nitain extract, etc. So if you ask me the fact that they removed act 1 from consoles this soon is an act of neglect to the console side of things.

Just now, Pohani_Herkules said:

I know, if you've read my full comment, I'm writing about people losing their creds in third person. I've noticed. Some people didn't. This is why this belongs to feedback.

3 minutes ago, (XB1)Sprankton N said:

Simultaneous release time for Nightwave does not work hence why they couldn't fix alot of the issues brought up during act 1. Additionally, they don't have a release date for act 2 or the next mainline update for consoles. This means there is next to nothing for veteran players to do, and without the old alert system new players lack the means to obtain aura mods, nitain extract, etc. So if you ask me the fact that they removed act 1 from consoles this soon is an act of neglect to the console side of things.

PC is in the same boat as console for all of those things - hence they are not neglecting consoles as you seem to think.

I do love how people complain about how consoles get neglected when PC gets things first and then people also complain about how consoles get neglected when they get things at the same time as PC.

11 minutes ago, Pohani_Herkules said:

31hvok.jpg

Okay but its immediately contradicted by something more in your face, whats your point? Are telling me to read some stuff and not other stuff, wtf? Again why should the guys' 350 creds get taken, there no reason for this, Whats the difference between stocking up now instead of later?

24 minutes ago, (XB1)Sprankton N said:

With no release date for either NW act 2 or The Jovian Concord on consoles we pretty much have to sit with our thumbs up our as$es for a good while. There is literally nothing to do right now for veteran players on console and new players have it even worse now since they have no way of earning aura mods, nitain extract, etc. It seems to me they clearly don't know wtf they are doing.

This is the problem I don't understand why people keep glossing over it, WTF you people accuse us of not reading up on things and here you are doing it on the forums and its in your face too, whats ur excuse?

Edited by LoadedAK47
  • Like 1

I didn’t check the news either the only way I knew of this was a quick notification that I caught from logging in and prior knowledge 

They should have put the reminder in the nightwave store at least as it still new offers will refresh at whatever giving no kind of indication it would end

stop excusing poor decisions like this they should have updated the store at a minimum not everyone who plays this is in the forums and follows DE or even knows who they are

Edited by (PS4)CodyXSavageX

3 minutes ago, (PS4)CodyXSavageX said:

I didn’t check the news either the only way I knew of this was a quick notification that I caught from logging in and prior knowledge 

They should have put the reminder in the nightwave store at least as it still new offers will refresh at whatever giving no kind of indication it would end

Ah, the old, it's DE's fault you cannot read, next thing you will want is for DE to personally call you when your foundry items are complete to remind you

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Pohani_Herkules said:

Ah, the old, it's DE's fault you cannot read 

Neither can you, you've actively ignored legitimate claims and are cherry picking posts by people that you can counter to support your view point. Tell me what am I suppose to read the news or this,

31hvok.jpg

Do I ignore one and not the other? Why is like this?

Just now, (PS4)CodyXSavageX said:

I didn’t check the news either the only way I knew of this was a quick notification that I caught from logging in and prior outside knowledge 

stop excusing poor decisions like this they should have updated the store at a minimum not everyone who plays this is in the forums and follows DE or even knows who they are

Yea, or knows how to read. Pfff, #*!% the devs for not flashing a notification in front of our eyes every 10 seconds in bright red yell letters saying "WOLF CREDS WIL LEXPIRE AT THE END OF NIGHTWAVE SO SPEND THEM FAST..." because as we all know, some people have the memory of an elephant

1 minute ago, LoadedAK47 said:

Neither can you, you've actively ignored legitimate claims and are cherry picking posts by people that you can counter to support your view point. Tell me what am I suppose to read the news or this,

31hvok.jpg

Do I ignore one and not the other? Why is like this?

Show me one solid arugement in this post showing it's DE's fault people don't read anything. Just one. I beg you

• Like 3

53 minutes ago, trst said:

DE delivers all news about the game through the forums. The launcher doesn't even cover hotfixes unless they include major content and clicking on the links on the news console directs you to the website.

This is how DE delivers new to us and the fact that they do this is anything but news. Anyone who doesn't bother to check the forums or at least the front page of the website is either too new to realize that's where game news is or is being willingly ignorant.

Is it the best system? No. But it doesn't excuse blaming anything but one's own ignorance.

Do it ingame, if i have to look at forum every time guess it's a bad system.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Test-995 said:

Do it ingame, if i have to look at forum every time guess it's a bad system.

It is ingame. There is a thing called "News feed" IT's bright white, in your orbiter, you can't miss it even if you wanted to. Are all you of you really that blind and lazy?

Wolf Creds say that they go away at the end of the Season.
The News Console shows all important news regarding the game, it even includes timers for news/events that require.
Devstreams, Forum Posts, In-Game Chat, Steam Discussions had discussions/posts about the end date of Season 1.

It's not DE's fault for you not paying attention to any of these sources. 

• Like 1