Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Shouldn't there have been a pop-up warning in-game about the end of nightwave, warning us to spend our wolf cred?...

(PSN)Wanderkrowe

1 minute ago, (PS4)guzmantt1977 said:

If we were sufficiently oblivious we would be able to miss every single notification, even the ones that require us to confirm multiple times. Like during trading, market purchases and MR tests. I've seen people manage to complain about the "lack of notification" in each and every single one of those as well.  

Strawman.

1 minute ago, (PS4)guzmantt1977 said:

I didn't check either. I did check the news console since it has useful information about upcoming changes, the end dates of in game events like prime access and, interestingly, Nightwave. It took me directly to the information. Quite convenient.

I missed the news console initially when creating the clan MOTD. There's no good reason not to have an ingame mail when at the same time we get one for the end of the Ghoul Purge which is of no consequence to pretty much anyone, and there really is no good reason to defend that, either.

4 minutes ago, (PS4)guzmantt1977 said:
55 minutes ago, Kontrollo said:

Not sure, maybe you simply have trouble reading? 

By sending in an ingame message which says both when exactly the event is ending and telling people that their wolf credits expire. Alternatively, make it clear in the shop itself: This. is. ending. Spend your credits now. 

And we would still have people who manage to mess up. There'd even be complaining about the whole "what if they weren't around after the notification was given".

Do you even understand the irony of having to repeat myself multiple times in this very thread?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, (PS4)guzmantt1977 said:

And we would still have people who manage to mess up. There'd even be complaining about the whole "what if they weren't around after the notification was given". 

Having it in the new console and giving a notification via login is fine but I still find putting this information in the store to be so blatant and so minuscule of effort that it would be impossible for people to seriously blame DE for a lack of clarity

There is nothing wrong with finding information about an event in said event itself it’s the most concise way to present this information ingame I believe

There was no way of knowing nightwave was ending ingame on may 15th or close apart from intuition from the wolf alert

if it said may 19th on the news console than that’s good. Having at least a reliable source that has relevant permeate information is the minimum they could have done that was acceptable 

1 minute ago, (PS4)CodyXSavageX said:

Having it in the new console and giving a notification via login is fine but I still find putting this information in the store to be so blatant and so minuscule of effort that it would be impossible for people to seriously blame DE for a lack of clarity

There is nothing wrong with finding information about an event in said event itself it’s the most concise way to present this information ingame I believe

There was no way of knowing nightwave was ending ingame on may 15th or close apart from intuition from the wolf alert

if it said may 19th on the news console than that’s good. Having at least a reliable source that has relevant permeate information is the minimum they could have done that was acceptable 

In the final weeks of the event I may have visited the store 3 times. And only because I was already aware that the event was ending and wanted to burn the remaining creds. 

And claiming that the information wasn't in game, then saying "if it was", is pretty ridiculous. It was. It was prominently displayed for anyone who wanted to inform themselves. There was no lack of clarity. Just willful ignorance on the part of some players. 

That's on them. Nobody else. 

Honestly, I'm surprised DE didn't leave the Wolf Cred Store up in the interim. By all means, stop generating dailies, but give people a couple weeks' buffer to spend their Credits. Sounds like something that could be done without needing to create new systems for it.

19 minutes ago, Kontrollo said:

Strawman.

Strawman. Valid examples of people missing prominent in game notifications that require confirmation to dismiss given. It invalidates the claim that a popup notification would be a solution. 

I missed the news console initially when creating the clan MOTD. There's no good reason not to have an ingame mail when at the same time we get one for the end of the Ghoul Purge which is of no consequence to pretty much anyone, and there really is no good reason to defend that, either.

You get an inbox notification after the end of the Ghoul Purges. Feel free to try and get the last of the bounties after you get that notification some time. 

Do you even understand the irony of having to repeat myself multiple times in this very thread?

Do you understand that it's because multiple people are disagreeing with what you are claiming and giving their reasons for doing so? Or the irony of many of us making extremely similar points and you somehow remaining oblivious to all of them? 

As someone who plays LoL, id just like to make the comparison to their event tokens. You spend all event in LoL actually doing the event, but the tokens themselves expire 2-3 weeks after the event actually ends meaning you can still buy stuff right up yo that point. I feel with all the effort it takes to get creds itd be nice seeing the actual shop disappear a few weeks after the event too rather than on the day the event ends. 

I was one of the people stockpiling creds too just incase the cred store had some unique things closer to the end. But luckily i saw when they expired and just bought random stuff before i lost em. 

2 minutes ago, (PS4)guzmantt1977 said:

Strawman. Valid examples of people missing prominent in game notifications that require confirmation to dismiss given. It invalidates the claim that a popup notification would be a solution. 

You get an inbox notification after the end of the Ghoul Purges. Feel free to try and get the last of the bounties after you get that notification some time. 

Do you understand that it's because multiple people are disagreeing with what you are claiming and giving their reasons for doing so? Or the irony of many of us making extremely similar points and you somehow remaining oblivious to all of them? 

It's definitely a strawman because:

• If that were what happened then you'd have a point, but there was an easily missable countdown and even conflicting information in the shop.

• In none of the quoted cases are you losing any ingame progress you've accumulated over several weeks. And if you're going to reply with "trading", you're just helping me make my point. It has popups and a timer, even.

Another strawman. The idea is to get a notification before you're losing your progress. You don't lose any progress with the announcement of the end of the Ghoul Purge. And looks like I have to spell these out for you: The argument is that the end of the Ghoul Purge is insignificant, but the end of the Nightwave season isn't.

As for that last one: it was obviously a quip about missing something -- you know like missing a news console countdown when the shop says something else? 🤔

10 minutes ago, Steel_Rook said:

Honestly, I'm surprised DE didn't leave the Wolf Cred Store up in the interim. By all means, stop generating dailies, but give people a couple weeks' buffer to spend their Credits. Sounds like something that could be done without needing to create new systems for it.

QFT. Another straight-forward solution to the problem at hand.

53 minutes ago, (PS4)guzmantt1977 said:

And claiming that the information wasn't in game, then saying "if it was", is pretty ridiculous. It was. It was prominently displayed for anyone who wanted to inform themselves. There was no lack of clarity. Just willful ignorance on the part of some players 

That's on them. Nobody else.

Sorry, I meant your may 15th claim exclusively wasn’t displayed ingame

the may 19th time was displayed via login notification and news console

If you were referring to the may 15th information then you are incorrect That time date was not concrete or given in a concise manner for the majority of players 

Edited by (PS4)CodyXSavageX
  • Like 1

They did everything to inform you about this short of locking your game and making you take a quiz about the end of series 1. The game opens and points you almost directly at the news console with flashing blue text. They said it on every stream. There were multiple forum posts. You ignored every single community resource in a community event.

Ignorance is not innocence.

21 minutes ago, Kontrollo said:

• If that were what happened then you'd have a point, but there was an easily missable countdown and even conflicting information in the shop.

• In none of the quoted cases are you losing any ingame progress you've accumulated over several weeks. And if you're going to reply with "trading", you're just helping me make my point. It has popups and a timer, even.

Two of them cause us to possibly lose premium currency, and missing the chance to practice means missing out on time and potential progress in the short term. 

People still managed to screw each of those up and blame the "lack of notification". This says that the information being presented is not the problem, it's the player being oblivious. 

25 minutes ago, Kontrollo said:

Another strawman. The idea is to get a notification before you're losing your progress. You don't lose any progress with the announcement of the end of the Ghoul Purge. And looks like I have to spell these out for you: The argument is that the end of the Ghoul Purge is insignificant, but the end of the Nightwave season isn't.

You didn't lose any progress otherwise your umbral forma would be gone, you lost a non-premium currency. Just like many people often lose some standing at the end of the plague star event. 

The impending end of the Ghoul Purge didn't get an entry in the news console. That shows how an insignificant event was given less warning (read none) compared to the significant event, which was promoted for some time. IlI am surprised that I need to spell that out to you. 

32 minutes ago, Kontrollo said:

As for that last one: it was obviously a quip about missing something -- you know like missing a news console countdown when the shop says something else? 🤔

I noticed, but mine wasn't. I was being very serious. 

2 minutes ago, (PS4)CodyXSavageX said:

Sorry, I meant your may 15th claim exclusively wasn’t displayed ingame

Do you think that maybe that's because the 19th was? Prominently. In the place where they announce impending changes. That's placed next to the navigation console so that it is highly visible. And has a visual cue that indicates the presence of unread items. Along with information in other places that prominently warned us that the Wolf Creds would expire. 

8 minutes ago, (PS4)CodyXSavageX said:

the may 19th time was displayed via login notification and news console

If you were referring to the may 15th information then you are incorrect That time date was not concrete or given in a concise manner for the majority of players 

Do you think that perhaps, maybe, just a little bit of that might have been because the 15th wasn't the concrete end date? 

And the one that was prominently displayed, for quite some time, was the concise, concrete, neat, simple, confirmed, and most of all exact end date and time? 

9 minutes ago, swiftasacoursing said:

They did everything to inform you about this short of locking your game and making you take a quiz about the end of series 1. The game opens and points you almost directly at the news console with flashing blue text. They said it on every stream. There were multiple forum posts. You ignored every single community resource in a community event.

Ignorance is not innocence.

From an ingame point of view they did good I’m refraining from using anything outside of the game that isn’t linked directly by the news console

Edited by (PS4)CodyXSavageX

10 minutes ago, (PS4)guzmantt1977 said:

Do you think that maybe that's because the 19th was? Prominently. In the place where they announce impending changes. That's placed next to the navigation console so that it is highly visible. And has a visual cue that indicates the presence of unread items. Along with information in other places that prominently warned us that the Wolf Creds would expire. 

Do you think that perhaps, maybe, just a little bit of that might have been because the 15th wasn't the concrete end date? 

And the one that was prominently displayed, for quite some time, was the concise, concrete, neat, simple, confirmed, and most of all exact end date and time? 

I can’t even tell what your argument is anymore.

I think we have same premise I was just offering a more efficient solution. 

No point of arguing with me if we have the same view.

8 minutes ago, (PS4)guzmantt1977 said:
54 minutes ago, Kontrollo said:

Two of them cause us to possibly lose premium currency, and missing the chance to practice means missing out on time and potential progress in the short term. 

People still managed to screw each of those up and blame the "lack of notification". This says that the information being presented is not the problem, it's the player being oblivious. 

Alright, since your reply is not only "trading" but also "market", and with that you acknowledge ingame progression was lost, I can only conclude that a popup notification is warranted (which an ingame message would have provided). Because that's a direct analogy and even despite those safeguards some people manage to make mistakes.

This preempts the rest of what you're saying, because I think I made myself quite clear, and I'm not going to continue arguing with you about your strawmen.

Thank you for your time.

3 minutes ago, (PS4)CodyXSavageX said:

I can’t even tell what your argument is anymore.

I think we have same premise I was just offering a more efficient solution. 

No point of arguing with me if we have the same view.

My argument is that they notified us. I've given examples of other things that have notifications that require clicks to dismiss, and people still manage to ignore them and complain after. 

At some point, we need to recognize that this isn't an issue of not being appropriately notified, but of people ignoring any notification that they may get and complaing after that they weren't notified. At some point, we need to recognize that pandering to such people is an exercise in futility. 

3 hours ago, (PS4)guzmantt1977 said:

We were told that the credits expired when Nightwave ends. 

We always knew that the event was supposed to be about 10ish weeks long. 

10 weeks exactly, was the 8th. 11 weeks was the 15th.

We were informed well in advance that the earliest possible end date would be the 15th. 

It ended on the weekly rollover after the 15th. 

We had a notification in our news console warning us about the impending end of Nightwave for a long time. 

We had in game and IRL warnings. We were warned. Some people managed to ignore every single warning. Every. Single. Warning. 

Instead of admitting that those people are the cause of their own problems, they try to blame DE, other players, and generally anything other than their own choices. 

That's ridiculous. 

Lol.

I was in game the previous couple of days all be it limited and seen nothing.

I was looking through players n general chat and saw nothing. 

Fact, not fiction, but fact is a lot of players did not realise or see clear messages. 

I knew my actions had consequences, I knew Baro had arrived and even when up to the last 15 minutes he was departing, I saw some news not regarding Nightwave, I received news about the ghouls yet again.

Researched 7 forma this week, levelled a couple of frames, few weapons, revealed four Rivens.

But completely missed any obvious in game news on remembering to cash nightwave credits even though the previous night I was grinding nightwave and looked at when the current challenges would end and thought another helmet would be fine, but no worries if it ends soon. 

We can see when Baro is leaving, we even get mail, I never lost out on Nightwave but do think it could have ended better for those hoarding credits. 

And as for when it was ending, I was under the impression it had been extended, and due to really not being bothered just took the missions as they came because grinding 10k of xp for 15 wolf credits is quite simply a slap in the face. 

Complete three sorties, help clem, catch some fish, do a few other missions, just to get 35 wolf credits up for a helmet.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, (PS4)guzmantt1977 said:

At some point, we need to recognize that this isn't an issue of not being appropriately notified, but of people ignoring any notification that they may get and complaing after that they weren't notified. At some point, we need to recognize that pandering to such people is an exercise in futility. 

I think the real issue is that, at some point, you need to admit that simply shooting an inbox message to people isn't a problem. Ghoul Purge takes up a good portion of the Navigation console, when it's up, and yet they still send an inbox message about that when it starts and ends.

I agree that plenty of notification was given but I heavily disagree that adding another layer of, "no, seriously guys, it's ending on this day," is, "pandering," in any way.
Not to mention the simple fact that we're currently in a limbo where you simply can't obtain alert/Nightwave rewards without trading or purchasing it directly from DE.

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, Chipputer said:

I think the real issue is that, at some point, you need to admit that simply shooting an inbox message to people isn't a problem. Ghoul Purge takes up a good portion of the Navigation console, when it's up, and yet they still send an inbox message about that when it starts and ends.

I agree that plenty of notification was given but I heavily disagree that adding another layer of, "no, seriously guys, it's ending on this day," is, "pandering," in any way.
Not to mention the simple fact that we're currently in a limbo where you simply can't obtain alert/Nightwave rewards without trading or purchasing it directly from DE.

Again the notification for the end of the Ghoul Purge comes after the event. Replicating that system would not have changed anything in this thread, as people who missed the deadline being informed that the deadline had passed would not be in any better position. 

You can disagree that it's pandering, but take a good look at the first page or two of the thread. "There was no notification", turned into "notifications given in the news console don't count", turned into "well I don't care if everyone was notified, what I care about is how we weren't notified in this specific way". 

I would have been cool with the store sticking around for a grace period, but I'm also cool with the store ending, in exactly the way we were warned it would, on exactly the day and time that we were warned it would end. 

The issue here is all of the people claiming that the notification wasn't given/wasn't appropriate/wasn't explicit/wasn't enough/wasn't beaten into them in ways that they couldn't possibly avoid noticing every other step they took in game. 

We already get complaints about multiple systems that have unavoidable pop-ups that users must interact with to dismiss, and yet somehow folks still manage to mess up. Why should we believe that an inbox notification would effectively solve the problem being discussed? 

57 minutes ago, SastusBulbas said:

Lol.

I was in game the previous couple of days all be it limited and seen nothing.

I was looking through players n general chat and saw nothing. 

Fact, not fiction, but fact is a lot of players did not realise or see clear messages. 

I knew my actions had consequences, I knew Baro had arrived and even when up to the last 15 minutes he was departing, I saw some news not regarding Nightwave, I received news about the ghouls yet again.

Researched 7 forma this week, levelled a couple of frames, few weapons, revealed four Rivens.

But completely missed any obvious in game news on remembering to cash nightwave credits even though the previous night I was grinding nightwave and looked at when the current challenges would end and thought another helmet would be fine, but no worries if it ends soon. 

We can see when Baro is leaving, we even get mail, I never lost out on Nightwave but do think it could have ended better for those hoarding credits. 

And as for when it was ending, I was under the impression it had been extended, and due to really not being bothered just took the missions as they came because grinding 10k of xp for 15 wolf credits is quite simply a slap in the face. 

Complete three sorties, help clem, catch some fish, do a few other missions, just to get 35 wolf credits up for a helmet.

https://www.kcrg.com/content/news/Man-charged-with-wrong-way-driving-on-I-80-has-history-of-driving-the-wrong-way-510179931.html

Similar stories about people unwittingly driving the wrong way down a highway abound. I suspect that you are aware that most thoroughfares have very clear signage. And yet somehow, some people manage to miss all of the things that would have warned them that they are doing something wrong. 

The notification of the end date was there. Fact, not fiction. 

25 minutes ago, (PS4)guzmantt1977 said:

Again the notification for the end of the Ghoul Purge comes after the event. Replicating that system would not have changed anything in this thread, as people who missed the deadline being informed that the deadline had passed would not be in any better position.

You get a notification when it starts and don't lose any resources when it goes away. There is a massive notification of it's ongoing progress that takes up most of the navigation console and there is another notification on the starchart which is something everyone has to look at to play the game.

LOl, expecting this game to tell you important need to know information. That's crazy talk. It's much easier to be lazy and expect some third party to have all the answers and leave players to go there.

• Like 2

I wasnt looking for a notifcation for when it ended. I was looking for a notification for when the new season started as that would prompt me to cash it in. As read around the forums/general chat that extensions had happened.

Im not bothered by failing to cash in my 200 or so points. Im not a fan of having downtime between seasons.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, (PS4)guzmantt1977 said:

So my response to that point is to chuckle at what you're saying, because it is demonstrably, nonsense. Even with a notification, and a prominent in game countdown, some people manage to miss it. So that's not the answer to the problem. 

I was going to go point for point but your whole premise seems to be the tried and true "it worked for me, therefor there isn't a problem" and there is just no getting through to people like that. Rather than entertaining the idea of improving a system you're just going to dig your heels in and insist that the bare minimum is "good enough". 

Tho on the subject of chuckling, ya got me with the baro thing. Cause all that showed me was that even Baros notification could be considered insufficient and Baro gets significantly more in your face notification that the end of Nightwave did. GG I guess? 

Edit: 

I'm adding this because I don't want to deal with it tomorrow, cause I just know I'm going to log in to "Dude it's in the News console!!!!!!", I'd be willing to bet that iuf DE released metrics on the least used consoles in the game..... Topping the list would be Conclave followed in close second by the News Console. I wouldn't be surprised if the Helminth chair gets more action than the news console. Maybe if they had put it on the Alerts/mission console (you know in that space they cleared out by getting rid of alerts) I might be able to say you have a point, but they didn't. 

Edited by Oreades

9 hours ago, Oreades said:

I was going to go point for point but your whole premise seems to be the tried and true "it worked for me, therefor there isn't a problem" and there is just no getting through to people like that. Rather than entertaining the idea of improving a system you're just going to dig your heels in and insist that the bare minimum is "good enough". 

Tho on the subject of chuckling, ya got me with the baro thing. Cause all that showed me was that even Baros notification could be considered insufficient and Baro gets significantly more in your face notification that the end of Nightwave did. GG I guess? 

Edit: 

I'm adding this because I don't want to deal with it tomorrow, cause I just know I'm going to log in to "Dude it's in the News console!!!!!!", I'd be willing to bet that iuf DE released metrics on the least used consoles in the game..... Topping the list would be Conclave followed in close second by the News Console. I wouldn't be surprised if the Helminth chair gets more action than the news console. Maybe if they had put it on the Alerts/mission console (you know in that space they cleared out by getting rid of alerts) I might be able to say you have a point, but they didn't. 

Never mind that.

It was easy to miss even for someone who knew it was happening. And the store itself said nothing about it, either. On the contrary.

It also encouraged holding out with your credits with its rotation.

And right, here's what I said on one Discord server:

MuQx288.png

It was really obvious this wouldn't be enough. Posts over in the 'end date' thread, questions in chat, and threads like this one are proof enough.