Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Will I have to Become The Lotus?

The_Mister

(Spoilers ahead, If you have not Touched the Orb in your Personal quarters(or dont even know what that is) then note that ahead is major spoilers for what follows that. I am posting this In RP because thats what it feels like most to me, It's how I feel my Tenno would respond to all of this. So I'll try my best to stay in character. AND PLEASE feel free to respond to this in or out of Character. I am VERY curious of what people think of it. If this belongs in another thread please let me know.)

I am disjointed from Time, surrounded by whispers of those who have forsaken the one who woke us, armed us, gave us the tools we needed to Survive. The Lotus.

They boast a power which they never needed, believing they have truly sacrificed nothing...

Temptation guided you to a false narrative, you would believe a man who would Call her by the name of a someone long dead. Do you not see the madness in that?

Arming you with a weapon that isn't even helpful against their most dangerous of enemies that roam the plains. And You BELIEVE him?

Have you all been blinded by your endless quest for more power that you became lost in the darkness?

You'd question the loyalty of someone who saved us, putting us in the void to keep us safe, and then removing us to save us yet again.

We may have been merely dreamers in the Void, but we were safe. Free to protect that which we wanted. What we loved.

Now you are all corrupted by doubts planted in your head by someone who pretends to be Tenno. Who also served the Twin Queens. Teshin.

Surely we owe him a great debt, but I for one will not be swayed by his misguided words, For he is not Tenno, and therefore has no understanding of what it means to be in the service of someone like The Lotus.

I have heard the stories, of a time that has yet to come for me, that she was taken from you. And for that I am sorry. You couldn't have know, when you touched that Orb, that still now floats in my personal quarters. That you would lose so much, and gain so little.

Though I suppose now, that will no longer be the case, I will now be the one who will have to make the Sacrifice. For I have heard of whats to come in the Jovian Concords and I know what it means for the rest of you who may still be holding out like I am. 

In order for you to get what you want you will have to let her go, So you can move on, and I understand that. But I refuse!

I will not touch the Orb till I hear of the Stories of her return, of us saving her from the darkness!

So I ask you one last time: "Will I have to Become The Lotus?" for I fully realize and accept, that when this story of Natah comes to a close. Will we still even have her?

For I may spout on and on about loyalty and sacrifice, but if it should come down to The Lotus or The Tenno. I will choose my brothers and sisters, over anyone who dares threaten them.

Thats why when its all said and done, who can truly replace The Lotus? Teshin, a Tenno wannabe? Ordis, a broken Cephalon? Or a fellow Tenno who stayed Loyal to The Lotus til the very end, and yet, even still, decided to save You instead.

Or can I expect to see others make the same sacrifice as me?

This is... part from a great discussion : " and what do we do now ? ". The question if she is a turncoat or not, if she love(d) us or not is irrelevant here. Emotions shouldn't guide the decisions we could take as those would tend to give a shape of our... faction ?

Personaly, I ... I think we should, temporarily, let Ordis occupy the seat of a ghost. At least for the time that we could end the Sentient-threat and set a fair trial with Natah/Lotus.

I do not think one of us is ready today to take her place, if it was ever decided to be the best choice to take. Few years ago we were awaken, we had to face an harsh reality and even fight visions from hell. Some of us still have nightmares about all this and wish to dream again.
We're no leader, we were trained to be puppets and soldiers. It will take times for us to learn, if there is some of us that is who wants to, about how to take decisions for something bigger, for the community or even the Solar system.

For now, only a strong AI as Ordis (which look overcloked) can interpret all the datas and take acceptable decisions for a short time.

If you ever had to take Her place; know that I'm still loyal. But now more than ever, we are all mindful and even if we couldn't see the grand scheme of things we will give our opinions and critics. Taking Her seat would place a heavier burden than everything on Fortuna.
Plus, it is a new Sacrifice; we are but a few against all odds: I don't think we could allow that.

We all heard about what happened, or what it was looking like, on Earth. And about the transformation of this... monster.
We are talking about an important subject, I agree, but we have more important things to do right now. So please, don't think about this "sacrifice".

TRIAL?! (Contemplates the words of Quill Onkko, and Teshin) Maybe the New War isn't what I thought it was. Sentients have only been proven to be fodder for the Strongest of us, maybe thats all they are, kindling for a War of Tenno. (Retches at the realization of such a conflict) It's not what I wanted, It's not what She would of wanted. (in a hushed whispered tone of voice, trembling with fear and reverence) Margulis-

Edited by The_Mister