Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Real Sacrifice

The_Mister

41 minutes ago, Swamarian said:

Couldn't he be giving you the sword to kill him? He did complain of her robbing him of his death.

In any case, he deserves it more than she does.

I understood him giving the operator the sword as he wanted us to avenge him. No coincidence the Paracesis has a bonus damage on sentients. He can't have his ideal death back but he wishes for hers.

I agree with you though, Ballas kind of got what he deserved.

Edited by (PS4)Viveeeh
Wording

10 minutes ago, Snydrex said:

I mean, I would hope you're not implying that I'm soulless or something, but... It really is up to the player.

No... just that I'm so deep into this that It would cost me mine. It's a weight of a feather kind of thing. In order for me to obtain it my soul would be so heavy with guilt, that it would weigh more than the feather and I would lose it.

But those without guilt, unlike mine, weigh either less or the same as the Feather, and thus get to keep theirs. 

that is all I'm saying

Just now, The_Mister said:

No... just that I'm so deep into this that It would cost me mine. It's a weight of a feather kind of thing. In order for me to obtain it my soul would be so heavy with guilt, that it would weigh more than the feather and I would lose it.

Don't worry, that guilt will be removed as you blender another thousand Corpus/Grineer/Infested.

Just now, The_Mister said:

But those without guilt, unlike mine, weigh either less or the same as the Feather, and thus get to keep theirs. 

that is all I'm saying

And that's cool.

But if I'm speaking boldly here, I personally wouldn't let guilt hinder my experience of the game. That's just me, though.

If anything, the fact that the story can bring such emotions out from you means that they're doing a good job at telling it, although that matter is opinionated at best.

5 hours ago, arm4geddon-117 said:

The real sacrifice ? Players's patience everytime there's a nice fat announcement of content coming sometime, and then getting delayed like in 99.9% of cases

lmfao

As compared to... what, exactly?  Every game I currently play delays patches (and even hotfixes) until they're "ready."  Usually they aren't actually ready and there's another patch for the patch anyway.  But Conan Exiles only just barely released their anniversary update before the game's launch anniversary.  They pretty regularly delay patches for weeks, even months.  7 Day to Die doesn't even estimate release dates.  I'm pretty sure neither does Space Engineers.  Ark announces release dates, and is so reliable at NOT releasing on those dates that everyone basically ignores them anyway.

If anything, the mistake DE keeps making is giving *any* time frame for a patch before the point where they're actually uploading it.

Oh c'mon man! There are some possible clues about the nature of Lotus, Natah and Margulis in all the quests leading up to The Sacrifice (I won't go into details about my speculations!). And of course, Lotus existed as herself before... Something tells me we can (and probably will!) still save Lotus while ridding ourselves of the others (well, not literally of course!). Just get the Umbra Excalibur. It's so cool... just do the story.

I don't know if all this is either a cringy joke, cringy role play, cringy rant or cringy attachment to the Lotus, but what I know for sure is that all this is really cringy.

And besides, if you assume that everybody plays the main story for loot and mastery, that's your own fault. I have no pity for those who restrain themselves from experiencing content because they hate the concept for whatever reason (like many who don't like Operators and don't want them to even exist). If you want to do the same and act like nothing happened because you don't like the way the story is going, just too bad. 

Oh and one more thing. Why would playing the main quest be some act of "betrayal" towards anbody? Nobody even know what's coming, nor how it will end. And if you already know up to the Chimera prologue, then you already know the story so far. There's no point in denying it happened anymore. 

• Like 2

There is nothing in the quests up to the most recent point that implies we have become traitors or otherwise against the Lotus, Ballas gives us a sword with the implication he wants us to go against the Lotus sure, but there is no obligation for us to care or even hold an interest in actually doing what an accredited bad guy wants us to do and there are no hints that we will. We just come away with a sword given to us by a jaded reject that may be useful against sentients, which are far more than just the Lotus, and are clearly an imminent threat.  

Edited by Cubewano

3 minutes ago, Cubewano said:

There is nothing in the quests up to the most recent point that implies we have become traitors or otherwise against the Lotus, Ballas gives us a sword with the implication he wants us to go against the Lotus sure, but there is no obligation for us to care or even hold an interest in actually doing what an accredited bad guy wants us to do and there are no hints that we will. We just come away with a sword given to us by a jaded reject that may be useful against sentients, which are far more than just the Lotus, and are clearly an imminent threat.  

And then, during the climax, the sword charges up through Void shenanigans and becomes especially damaging to the Lotus herself.

In which I'll laugh for the absurdity.

4 minutes ago, Cubewano said:

Good point, but to be fair I did say you are just Lost, if you touch that Orb. Unguided by the Lotus, listening to a mere facsimile of the real deal. Seemingly doing the same things you would normally. But who knows. :shrug:

18 hours ago, arm4geddon-117 said:

The real sacrifice ? Players's patience everytime there's a nice fat announcement of content coming sometime, and then getting delayed like in 99.9% of cases

A couple of years ago STO added the ability to level up gear. This was a major change, since it touched almost every item in the game. It hit test, and failed horribly. People would upgrade items and get something else, or the item would be worse, or occasionally it would just fail. Fortunately, it was test, so no harm done. Players realized the magnitude of the problem, and they'd try upgrading everything they could, compiling lists of what worked and what didn't. The devs took those lists and iterated. Things slowly got better. They might not hit the release date, but it would be close.

The people in charge pushed it out a week early.

The ensuing mess took months to clean up, with multiple rounds of apologies.

I can wait a couple of days.

22 hours ago, The_Mister said:

I'll be honest, I used to call you Traitors, and I'm sorry for that, for I know now that you are simply Lost. Most of you didnt know what would you would be sacrificing, but everyone after a certain point know what The Sacrifice really is. I Do. Mother or Mastery. I made my choice, whats yours?

SPOILERS FROM THE SACRFICE AHEAD*

When you finish the sacrifice you see the TRUE form of the lotus, a sentient, what she is, she NEVER loved us, she just use the tenno as mere weapons, with the only purpose to rule over the sistem, we didn't attack the grineer/corpus for justice/peace in the sistem, we did it because SHE told us to do it.

Lotus is just a mere sentient, a mini-hunhow, someone who changed the plans of hunhow, to make them without even needing to travel to the sistem and attack it.

We trusted in the lotus, or, should i say Natah.

She Was not margulis, and is never going to be her, she just copy her apearence (somewhat) and start saying "I'm margulis, tenno, trust me" and we trusted her, a false margulis, her disguise.

We have never been traitors, or heroes, we have always been a weapon, a tenno, a child who had the bad luck to be in the zariman.

And now that we know the true lotus, we need to eliminate the enemy,

Death to the lotus, death, to Natah