Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

About the state (regrettable) of Warframe

Awazx

Hello DE. I will be very synthetic and brief. Your game is in a sorry state. The word that best defines the feeling is "abandoned". If I analyze point by point the great divisions of Warframe, I find:

Lunaro: Unnecessary. Clarification: with "unnecessary" I refer to the content that is only played by a minority, content that does not enrich or improve the main content of the game and also, which was valuable time and resource development by DE that could have been invested in improving other essential plots.

Conclave: Unnecessary. Clarification: with "unnecessary" I refer to the content that is only played by a minority, content that does not enrich or improve the main content of the game and also, which was valuable time and resource development by DE that could have been invested in improving other essential plots.

Sorties: Trivial and repetitive content. Clarification: They do not provide a real difficulty, the value of the rewards is debatable and in general, it feels like an automated system only in order to "give something to do".

Arbitration: Trivial content. Defective implementation due to periods of invulnerability for enemies. Clarification: To make enemies immune to bullets, is NOT real difficulty. It's just an annoying, cheap mechanic and offers the feeling that you do not know how to balance the game or how to design really challenging and fun game modes.

PoE: Actually, it's not an open world. Dispenseable content. Designed to be "mandatory" to play, with the addition of resources and objects independent of the global economy system. Clarification: by "dispensable" I refer to a content that is independent of the main content and that is not properly interconnected with the economy / resources / main history system. The current "open world" is just a gigantic map with its own micro-game.

Fortuna: Actually, it's not an open world. Dispenseable content. Same problem as PoE. Clarification: by "dispensable" I refer to a content that is independent of the main content and that is not properly interconnected with the economy / resources / main history system. The current "open world" is just a gigantic map with its own micro-game.

Solar map missions: Repetitive, monotonous and too easy. All mission types (perhaps, the "concept" of mission itself) need a complete reworking.

Weapons (primary, secondary and melee): The riven mods have not made the less used weapons compete on equal terms with the META weapons. The situation is the same as always: only a few weapons are considered for "final game".

Warframes: (Just to mention a few) Wukong, Vauban, Nyx, Hydroid, Atlas ... a lot of warframes are outdated and / or need a complete reworking.

Mods: 90% of existing mods are not used or used very little. A complete re-elaboration of all the mods is necessary in order to make them viable in different META compilations.

Mods riven: They have made the best weapons even better, they have not made the worst weapons better. The cause is a defective design of the concept of "improvement", as it is to increase a 200% probability of state in a weapon with ... 5% of base state.

Focus: 90% of everything that can be used in Focus is unnecessary, it is poorly designed and does not contribute anything especially valuable to combat with the Warframe. A complete reworking of the Focus system is needed.

Syndicates: No update or improvement since its launch. Abandoned content. 90% of the union mods are totally dispensable. The unions are just another "Focus", a store where we exchange points for "things". The unions need a reworking.

Pets: Kubrows and Kavats (especially), they need a reworking of their AI. It is necessary to change (or completely eliminate) the annoying system of cryostasis in order to facilitate the change and choice of companion. New mods are needed for them and new "breeding" options.

Archwing: Other content that feels independent of the main game, another micro-game with its own maps, weapons and resources. Archwing is another example of development time invested in something that feels half-finished. It's like playing "another warframe" inside Warframe.

Lotus: Oh, Lotus... How long have we had a ... hologram? One year? A whole year without developing the story or outcome related to Lotus. It seems a "small detail", but it is not; It is a representative sample of your attitude, DE: launch new content and then abandon it for years.

Archwing, PoE, Fortuna, Conclave, Lunaro ... DE, you have invested so much time and effort in things that only play a minority. You have created "in-game games", things that we can play within Warframe, but that are not part of the main Warframe content. And all that time of development could have been invested in improving and balancing the real game: our weapons, warframes and pets, missions in the solar system, LORE, focus, syndicates ... thousands of lost hours that have not served at all.

Maybe, DE, it's time to stop and reflect on what you want from Warframe.

In general, the current state of Warframe is summarized in one sentence: only suitable for noobs. 

Edited by Awazx
  • Like 8

Wow, I feel like I just watch someone's mom walk into their bedroom and rip everything off the walls / shelves after telling them to grow up and get real hobbies.

As someone who has invested a lot of time into the game I can agree with some of these points.

90% of the mods don't get used and as long as things like pure crit mods exist it will remain that way. They need to add some more slots and specialize those like the aura or (the next to it I am forgetting) slots. I would love to use the one I got form ESO and makes the enemies look funny but I have no room for it.

Conclave does need help

Rivens do need to be a little stronger for some so any weapon can be chosen based on stats / status / play style. There is a few rivens have helped but a lot that still fall short. Then again those weapons might just need to be reworked.

BUT, I would not rip the game apart and say it is all unnecessary. I have all the weapons / frames and maxed my standings. I still find things to do that are fun. I think this might just be the moment where you need to move on to the next game if you are this unhappy. 

• Like 2

i play the game for more than 3 year, i put around 3k hour into it

i enjoy the game as it is

guess  im a new player now

can we drop these "the game is bad because i said so" kind of threads alredy? theyre getting repetitive and boring, just like the game according to these threads

nobody is forcing you to play the game every day for 8 hour, nobody is forcing you do only play with the best build, theres plenty of way to play the game, to actually enjoy the game, ofcourse if you play with the same stuff over and over you not going to like it, just play something else, warframe is not the only game in the world, and just let others enjoy it, because of the game was as bad as people sometime want it to be, there woulnt be 60k players on steam only (on avarage)

• Like 1

May want to be more careful in what you put together in one post.

I've read it, and saw how you started and ended it.

24 minutes ago, Awazx said:

Lunaro: Unnecessary. 

Conclave: Unnecessary 

n general, the current state of Warframe is summarized in one sentence: only suitable for noobs.

Then I had to laugh. Is this just a grab bag of current forum hot topics because you're bored? Honest question.

Edited by Kontrollo
  • Like 2

It is interesting the reactions to my post and the number of personal attacks I received in 5 minutes since its publication. Let's see if I understand: all the problems that I mention in my publication, do I only see them? Did I invent all the problems because "I get bored and I have nothing better to do"? Am I lying when I say that PoE is not really an open world, when I claim that 90% of the mods are unnecessary or that Lunaro was an unnecessary addition to the main content of Warframe and that this development time could have been used to improve the main game?

But, of course, DE always prefers to hear beautiful words. A DE loves players who say "everything is fine".

I'm going to tell you something, you who criticize me so much in this post: you are responsible for the regrettable state of Warframe at this moment. I make you directly responsible for what might happen with Warframe in the future, to you, complacent player. You are giving bad feedback to DE and DE is listening to you.

Good luck to all, they will need it.

• Like 4

16 minutes ago, Sajochi said:

It's cause the players posting them have nothing better to do. 

I actually agree with this. There's nothing worse than bored people. Because in trying to give some meaning to those boring times they'll entertain themselves with just about anything, from overthinking stuff (such as most doom threads), to actually trolling people.

8 minutes ago, Awazx said:

I'm going to tell you something, you who criticize me so much in this post: you are responsible for the regrettable state of Warframe at this moment. I make you directly responsible for what might happen with Warframe in the future, to you, complacent player. You are giving bad feedback to DE and DE is listening to you.

So because people disagree with your personal opinion, that means that the game is objectively ruined? Even if it's objectively in a better place than years ago? It's not you who weren't able to adapt? Is it not a matter of opinion in the end, and therefore something you can't possible call "wrong"? And that you can disagree and even find others who share said opinions, but as long the majority is fine with it you just have to accept or leave? I mean, if I ever see the game in such a state where it does not bring me joy I'll just drop it.  I won't make demands, because most likely others will enjoy what I don't. Because it doesn't spin around me.

You do show valid points that I'm sure most would agree, but making it a hate/demand thing is hardly the way to go about it, specially while making it seem like your opinion is the only and correct one. Do you know that there are players who fully enjoy and have mastered Conclave and that whether it's removed or not doesn't afflict any of the PvE players in the slightest? Why mess with what doesn't concern you, just because it doesn't personally cater to you?

9 minutes ago, Awazx said:

I'll be sure to mention it to my therapist. 

• Like 1

I can't say I agree or disagree. With all honestly, removing stuff because it's "unnecessary" is not a solution. It's true that there's a lot of content with is archaic in design and doesn't fit into game as it used to in past, still, that's a normal thing for every game which evolves as fast as Warframe does. You can never keep everything nice and polished and you need to show understanding toward it.

Given to how small company DE is and what are their current focuses, it's not surprising many parts of game aren't getting their share of love which they deserve after those years. Warframe is where it is because of it's diversity, doesn't matter if stuff is archaic (said Lunaro and Conclave is here for people who like competitive stuff, even if it's not played by majority), it still manages to surprise to this day.

Now, for other people. Responding as stupidly as some people did is not helping and doesn't bring anything new. It's understandable some people will get butthurt when seeing opinion as sharp as OP has, it happens everywhere. Now think, want to sink low or be a members of community which still has decent reputation after all those years? If yes, stop proving people like OP otherwise and show him you're capable of normal discussion with open mind. No one is happy when discussion is hijacked by trolls, you wouldn't be too if it happened to topic you made, so don't do it to others.

For OP. You could have formulate it differently cause as it is, it was given people will end up making fun of you and responding as they did (some in really childish manner, and nothing personal, but your opinion truly is narrow minded). Also, don't blame community for state of the game, community just provides feedback, it's up to DE if it's taken into account or not (we know they sometimes listen about stuff that's not related to bugs, sometimes...), it's true community helps shape the game, but DE is that kind of company which has it's own vision and follows it pretty adamantly.

Edited by CoreXCZ
  • Like 1

il y a 47 minutes, CoreXCZ a dit :

For OP. You could have formulate it differently cause as it is, it was given people will end up making fun of you and responding as they did (some in really childish manner, and nothing personal, but your opinion truly is narrow minded). 

I will be happy to receive suggestions. How should I have written my post or what was my mistake to call the trolls in this way?

Edit: I added some "clarifications", but my post is no longer "synthetic".  :highfive: :crylaugh:

Edited by Awazx

30 minutes ago, Awazx said:

I will be happy to receive suggestions. How should I have written my post or what was my mistake to call the trolls in this way?

Edit: I added some "clarifications", but my post is no longer "synthetic".  :highfive:

Because disagreeing is trolling, clearly...

il y a 1 minute, Vox_Preliator a dit :

Because disagreeing is trolling, clearly...

The disagreement is not judged, but the way of exposing it and the reasons for exposing it. In general, many here have shown the cause of Warframe having problems: DE is listening to the wrong people.

55 minutes ago, Awazx said:

Problem is you started to call things in way you did (it literally invited silly comments from others). It's your right to have sharp opinion, no one takes that away from you. Way you formulated your opinion however gives out really negative and baseless feeling to reader. Calling things unnecessary goes overboard, trivial and repetitive can be true about some things sometimes, but not for all and not forever. Many of those things alone may and may not be broken as your said but they still fit into bigger picture and work well enough, which matters most. Warframe is a game of many tastes, that's why it shines for many. So your opinion could have been shared in less aggressive way, with more details and with positive sides included (trust me, positive sides really exist). Take into account how fast was Warframe updated in past, mayor content was out way faster than it is today.

As for those possible "trolls", it's important to not fall for their provocations. There's a difference between disagreeing in normal matter and laughing at others. Ignore them if they don't bring anything new to discussion and are here only to vent out their own frustration (which they won't openly admit). People here knows well all content could be better, could get it's fair share of love, but everyone feels differently about it. Some see it as most important thing, some as trivial. I personally would be happy if DE allocated some resources to update archaic stuff but community always wants one thing more, new content, I don't blame anyone for it.

You added more details to some things, which is good. Details are necessary for proper discussion.

20 minutes ago, Awazx said:

The disagreement is not judged, but the way of exposing it and the reasons for exposing it. In general, many here have shown the cause of Warframe having problems: DE is listening to the wrong people.

No one is saying there aren't wrong people within community, but given to how things are, there's not that much of them. Some people came here to get entertained, some to make fun or troll, some to dissagree by default (it's their right, as long as it's based on honest feeling) and some to discuss and see what this is all about. Stop for a while and think about where you stand, if things are really that bad as you're saying. If they were, game would surely be in much worse state after those years. It's important you'll open your mind to a possibility that you just see one side of the coin, be open to possibility you could be the one who's wrong as well.

Edited by CoreXCZ

1 hour ago, Awazx said:

It is interesting the reactions to my post and the number of personal attacks I received in 5 minutes since its publication. Let's see if I understand: all the problems that I mention in my publication, do I only see them? Did I invent all the problems because "I get bored and I have nothing better to do"? Am I lying when I say that PoE is not really an open world, when I claim that 90% of the mods are unnecessary or that Lunaro was an unnecessary addition to the main content of Warframe and that this development time could have been used to improve the main game? 

But, of course, DE always prefers to hear beautiful words. A DE loves players who say "everything is fine". 

Look, I was there when Lunaro got introduced. In a nutshell, here's what I think happened: people didn't want to shoot at each other and made themselves clear. So they added an alternative to the Conclave syndicate -- a sports game with Warframes. Not really my cup of tea, but understandable how they arrived there. Have you ever played it, anyway? Some people did, some had fun, some maybe played the game longer because of it and bought plat like people do.

And compared to the main game this definitely did not take as much resources as you want to make us believe. Say what? 3 maps, "a weapon" and some custom game rules?

Open World? People asked for it, DE delivered. I'm not often on the plains anymore, but just did a few Eidolons while waiting today. Do you think those would've been possible in the "main game". Define what for you is the "main game" first, please.

I think, the one thing no one directly asked for was Archwing, and I had a blast when it got introduced, despite its problems. And at the very least, everyone who still doesn't like that part of the game can use them to get around on the open worlds, and go to town, bringing out big guns.

Laughable, even moreso after this reaction.

• Like 1