Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Warframe concept - Orochi "The traitorous snake"

Pifilix

Orochi: (the name of a snake dragon in japanese myth) 

Lore: An infamous frame of old, one of few who broke their code and became sentient, nobody knows how nor why... but its visible this frame has more behind its name than it seems. Orochi was meant to be a squad based frame, intended to support and help his allies. Although... this was his reason to exist, his own *mind* decided to go the path of his own and escaping from the orokins grasp into the wide void, to be never heard of... up until the arbiters of Hexis found strange snakes appearing inside their territories. Do you know why Orochi would inspect the Arbiters of Hexis ? Well... you might want to find out. 

Way of aquiring:
You get him trough the quest "Snakes coil", where you need to find different kinds of "snakes" inside Hexis territory, or atleast just use simarises traps to inspect them. For each 3 snakes you receive one of Orochies part blueprints, which aswell reveal the reason for Orochies intent to spy on the Hexis. The reason isnt clear at first, but as you catch more snakes.. it will be revealed the Frames intend wasnt that of murder of revenge... more of redeeming and remorse. Since its old operator was replaced by a cold sentient, and his memories of his old operator beat inside it. The final stage of the quest is fought inside a Hexis "proving ground" where yourself and the orochi frame need to fight trough Hexis member, they think this is just a traitor of their cause... and want its blood spilled. 
Would you fight for a frame which wants remorse for its past ? 

Stats at rank 30: 

Health: 250 

Shield: 150 

Armor: 50 

Energy: 150 

Passive:
Redeeming- has double the roll of chance of leaving behind energy or health orbs 

Abilities: 

Orochi works a bit different than other frames, Since he uses "Snake limbs" to use his abilities, most of them just needing one or 2 limbs to be used for one ability, after the skill been used or the target is dead, the limb would return to its owner. But there is a catch with this "limb" system, normally Orochi only has 6 limbs at his arsenal, but with power strenght he can increase it up to 12, if its at 200%. Aswell this affects his movement speed, where at normal he has sprint speed of 1.00, if he has only 3 snakes, it becomes 1.20 and with 9, 0.80.

1- Mauling grasp 
*is an one handed ability 
Strength: 50/70/90/100Dps
Range: 5m/7m/9m/10m 
the frame changes its left arm into a snake like appendage, which shoots out at its target to pull them to Orochi, and experience an instant execution to its target. And thanks to Orochi´s passive, this ability enables double chances to receive health and energy orbs. 

2- slithering traps 
*this ability uses 2 or more snakes 

Strenght: Amounth of snakes used: 2/3/3/4 
               Strenght of puncture and toxin procs: 20/25/30/40Dps 

Duration: Duration of enemies being slowed down: 3s/4s/5s/6s 
The frame releases from its body 2 or more snakes to attack targetted enemies (something like Ashs 4), and the would wrap themself around the target and slow their action speed half, and cause puncture and toxin procs. After the targets have been killed, the snakes would return to its owner, or if equipped with an augment mod. Would become seperate entities and hunt after enemies. 

3- Helping Maw 
*This ability uses 2 or more snakes

Strenght: Increase of allies damage: 15%/20%/25%/30% 
               Added proc of toxin damage to a weapon: 10%/12%/16%/20%

Duration: Duration of the snake being attached to the allies weapon: 6s/8s/10s/12s 
The frame releases from its body 2 or more snake appendages to attach to allies weapons to attack his enemies, they increase the damage the weapon deals, and adds a toxin proc on the weapon. After the duration, the snake returns to his owner and can be used again... or has an augment which increases the duration of the snake allie after each kill (kind of like eternal war) 

4- Abyssal Hydra 
*this ability is a form changing form, which turns off all abilities, kind of like hildrins 4 

Strenght: increase of melee damage by 100% (this is affected by melee mods in melee weapon) 
Range: increase melee attack range: 8m/10m/14m/16m
this ability makes him invurneable, alike valkyrs hysteria 
Energy drain: -10s

Orochi opens himself to become a giant multiheaded hydra, which attacks any enemy in range with giant bites and flails of its head. This ability induces mostly does slash, blunt and toxin damage, aswell 30% procs. In this form, the extra limb snakes inside Orochies body become his this forms heads, which attack seperately from the user, basically becoming bound drones to orochi himself. Snakes outside of orochies body, dont come back to his body up until he didnt finish his ability, and only become seperate entities, which attack enemies with weak puncture and toxin attacks. 
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Welp, i am finished guys... sorry for not being able to make an image for Orochi, but i am too exhausted to draw him... and my art kind of sucks, so i am scared to show it. 
His general design would be japanese inspired, with his "snakes" looking like japanese tattos, which spralw around his arms, body and legs. With his head looking like an opened snake maw, with the "teeth" creating the show eyes... sorry if i made him edgy or dark... i just liked the idea. 

Any suggestion or criticism about him ? 
And sorry for my bad grammar, not a native english speaker and i have issues writing correct stuff... and i mostly just write a bit on my own. 
Thank you for reading and have a nice day !

43 minutes ago, (PS4)Neo7590 said:

🌝 i see where you got this name, you sneaky guy and ye not a bad idea tbh but still Orochi 🌝 i see you fam i see you

I am sorry, but may you explain what you meant sir ? I dont understand what you are leaning on... 

4 hours ago, Pifilix said:

I am sorry, but may you explain what you meant sir ? I dont understand what you are leaning on... 

Ah alright if you've watched Naruto or anime you'd know that Orochi is a name of a character in there who also uses pretty much the exact same stuff

14 hours ago, (PS4)Neo7590 said:

Ah alright if you've watched Naruto or anime you'd know that Orochi is a name of a character in there who also uses pretty much the exact same stuff

Ohhh.... now i remember... welp, wasnt doing it intentionally, just randomly came up with the ideas

3 hours ago, (XB1)UpgradeAcorn989 said:

love the m8

though I'm trying to imagine what he would look like and all I'm coming up with is the word green

Edit: please remove the megathread tag as its reserved for DE

Thank you for support, and thanks for pointing that issue out... i never would expect a fan made frame like this would get so much support... and was just toying around with a snake frame idea. Although... it being green doesnt sound bad.. could imagine it having like, snake skin all over its body, and arms looking like snake bodies spiralling into human looking arms, with tops of hands having snake eyes XD 

Could imagine aswell it having japanese style "clothes" on itself, like having a surcoat which looks alike those of old 

2 hours ago, (PS4)Neo7590 said:

no worries dude maybe your subconscious wanted it, but lets be honest an orochimaru themed frame is badass

Heh, i suppose so ? Wasnt even thinking about orochimaru from naruto when i came up with the idea of the frame, more about orochi from okami, and from there the idea went. 
And yeah... an orochimaru frame would be badass

On 2019-05-22 at 2:26 PM, (PS4)Neo7590 said:

Granted orochi is a naruto character but the name orochi actually comes from a japanese myth about an 8 headed serpent creature known for devouring people. In all versions of Orochi's story he is tricked by susanoo(who was at the time exiled from heaven) allowing susanoo to cut off his heads

14 hours ago, NuclearCoffeePot said:

Granted orochi is a naruto character but the name orochi actually comes from a japanese myth about an 8 headed serpent creature known for devouring people. In all versions of Orochi's story he is tricked by susanoo(who was at the time exiled from heaven) allowing susanoo to cut off his heads

why did a snake have hands?

23 hours ago, NuclearCoffeePot said:

Huh...thats interesting.. could useful in the quest for the frame.. buuuut.. whats your guys actual opinion of the frame, on the mechanic/contextually ?

So.. I did aswell think about Orochies trademark weapons, but I am not sure which types to use... I thought about two kinds: 

The basilisk: an auto mid range rifle, with around the main barrel, three extra barrels which used in secondary fire as a buckshot shotgun blast

Or the other one 

The wyrm: a quad barreled revolver style pistol (something like that one from darksiders) which can go 4 bullet burst fire semi auto, or go full auto quad fire from all barrels at once (something like the pandero, but 4 pellet shotgun) 

I know.. weird ideas 

On 2019-05-29 at 5:27 PM, Pifilix said:

So.. I did aswell think about Orochies trademark weapons, but I am not sure which types to use... I thought about two kinds: 

The basilisk: an auto mid range rifle, with around the main barrel, three extra barrels which used in secondary fire as a buckshot shotgun blast

Or the other one 

The wyrm: a quad barreled revolver style pistol (something like that one from darksiders) which can go 4 bullet burst fire semi auto, or go full auto quad fire from all barrels at once (something like the pandero, but 4 pellet shotgun) 

I know.. weird ideas 

how about a gun that shoots superheated plasma that looks like a snake and has a secondary poison mode

you could call it the snek

On 2019-05-28 at 5:50 PM, NuclearCoffeePot said:

i did not know that... WAIT is that why orochimaru hates Itachi