Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Multi-Thread Is So Amazing

InfamAce

I typically have to run the game at a much lower resolution and the lowest graphics to keep my fps stable and above 30.

I listened to the stream and heard about this option and now I can play with all settings except shadow, anti-aliasing at my max resolution smoothly. 

If you haven't turned it on, do it! It's experimental so there may be issues, but I have had none and I don't regret it :)

Multi-Threading is nice indeed, and something that every...game...should...have...nowadays...

i'm surprised the engine wasn't already supporting Multi-Threading. the Evolution engine was created for Dark Sector which was primarily a PS3 game, and hell, the PS3 is a no (real)GPU, 6 core CPU machine, with one core rehashed for the visual aspects. 

i've noticed a lot better stability with Multi-Threading, framerate was fine where it was before, now it is more stable and it stays there almost all of the time. 

Does this still work if you get a bad host

lol'd

no, i'm afraid not. the surprising number of people that aren't very good hosts will still make the match imperfect, sorry. that can't be fixed.

I typically have to run the game at a much lower resolution and the lowest graphics to keep my fps stable and above 30.

I listened to the stream and heard about this option and now I can play with all settings except shadow, anti-aliasing at my max resolution smoothly. 

If you haven't turned it on, do it! It's experimental so there may be issues, but I have had none and I don't regret it :)

The only problem is that now when I turn on Bloom, frames skip.

what the... why would you put a new card in an old rig? if you are going to spend 200-300 dollars on a card, wouldn't it make sense to upgrade your rig first? 

People don't understand that a faster GPU is dependent on a CPU that can keep up with it or you hit a bottleneck.

This is why people need to quit buying crappy DELL systems and learn to build/upgrade themselves.

1 - Wikipedia is a terrible source.  Go to a real source and quote/link them instead.

2 - Multi-threading means the processing/rendering threads for various program/game tasks are divided and run simultaneously by an individual core of a CPU instead of the 'one at a time' of the Single-threading method.  Despite the fact that 64-bit and multi-core processors are fast becoming the standard rather than the exception, most devs see little incentive to change their outdated coding practices.  Kudos to DE for being a step ahead of the game with x64 and Multi-threaded stuff already handled in the new updates :)

3 - The 'Cell' processor of the PS3 is terrible tripe.  Calling it a '6 core' or 8 core or whatever the hell it was is a marketing gimmick and blatant willfully malicious misinformation at best.  Each 'core' outside of the first one can only process a very specific and custom-coded narrow range of tasks suited only for that specific architecture.  Unless you were a first-party Sony title or a PS3-exclusive with a developer that had enough resources to dedicate to the task, PS3 optimization has been a terrible idea with very little return on investment.

So let us suppose you have 6 rooms in your house.

-But one room can only have chairs in it and if you try to put a table then the house roof will collapse and crush everything underneath it.

-One of the other rooms will only allow tables of a specific size and height.  Anything bigger or outside of parameters again causes the entire roof of the house to collapse.

-Another room will only allow teddy bears.

-Another only lets you put in inflatable toys.

-Another only allows bears into the room.

-The final room will only allow little girls in a pink dress with a red bow in her blonde hair and glitter-covered glasses covering her blue eyes while she is riding a pink fluffy unicorn that is dancing on 'Rainbow Dash'.

^---That right there is just a small portion of the technical HELL  that coding for that god-awful 'Cell' processor has been for developers.

Edited by Xenrax