Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Suggestion] - Alternate "Handlers" As Cosmetic Purchases

Tzizimitl

After about 800 hours of Warframe... I'm slightly tired of the Lotus and her lines, I've heard them all so many times that even though they're not bad(though a couple are), they've just gotten old. Doing Clem's daily missions is refreshing just because I've got Darvo and his irreverent wit in my ear instead, which got me thinking...

Why not make alternate mission handlers a plat-buyable "cosmetic"? They wouldn't be for all missions, Eidolon Hunts would require Onkko, The Arbiters would handle Arbitrations, quest missions would have locked handlers, Eudio et. al for Venus bounties, etc.

But for the "generic" missions, you'd be able to purchase alternate handlers just to vary up the environment and tone a bit. Darvo's already there for Survival missions, but let's get crazy with it. Why not Tyl Regor? Clem? Nef Anyo? Alad V? Lephantis? Ordis? Simaris? As long as you could find a reason for them to cheer on the Tenno in any given situation, they could work(Maybe Sargas Ruk wants us to train his troopers and weed out the weak ones, maybe the guys we're killing owe Nef Anyo money, etc. it wouldn't take too many logical loops for most missions).

Personally I'd happily drop a hundred plat per alternate "handler," and I doubt I'm the only one. For the people who prefer to not pay plat, maybe have each Syndicate also have a handler that could be bought for standing with them, giving the more casual players a chance to enjoy this cosmetic option, too.

• Like 1

These are nice but it will take waaaaaaaay tooo much time to go over all lotus generic mission lines and to be made unique to that pack, I would love Tyl Regor honestly he seems like a caring father id like him but wont make sense but I would like that still.

13 minutes ago, AwkwardLazarow said:

These are nice but it will take waaaaaaaay tooo much time to go over all lotus generic mission lines and to be made unique to that pack, I would love Tyl Regor honestly he seems like a caring father id like him but wont make sense but I would like that still.

no.  The only option will be Vey Hek.  "I bet you would like some life support... MAGGOTS DONT GET LIFE SUPPORT." *mission failed*

5 hours ago, AwkwardLazarow said:

Yeah, I mean, it wouldn't necessarily be fast. But at the same time, it'd also "only" require writing and voice work, since it doesn't impact gameplay it wouldn't need any balancing or testing.

I'm really just pitching it because it's something I'd be willing to pay for, and DE does need to make money sometimes.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Tzizimitl said:

Yeah, I mean, it wouldn't necessarily be fast. But at the same time, it'd also "only" require writing and voice work, since it doesn't impact gameplay it wouldn't need any balancing or testing.

I'm really just pitching it because it's something I'd be willing to pay for, and DE does need to make money sometimes.

Yeah also, I don't really get the point about it "being too much work".  They invest time into the voice acting anyway, time is invested into a game, it's how a game is built, ran, and managed- through time and work.