Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

MR points for Forma'd equipments: cutting the grind somewhat

SamMitter

Hello fellow tenno,

One thing I think everyone can agree on is that Warframe is very grindy. While its an aspect of the game and I am not advocating on abolishing it; I think it can be cut down a little bit. One way to do that is as follows.

Applying forma to a frame or a weapon is almost essential for every player. But the forma's equipments does not grant you any MR points. So effectively many a times you are left with the fact that at a certain point you have to rank up 2 frames, 2 sets of weapons, to get MR reward of one set.

Again I also understand the idea that if MR point is granted for forma'd equipments, then many players wont bother to try new and other things. So for that my suggestion is :

Start granting Mastery Points for forma'd frames and weapons, but for each successive forma, total MR point will be a percentage of first time. Like for Frames, 1st time rank up gives 6k MR points, after ranking up again (after 1 forma) it will be 50 % then 25 then 10.

In this way it is possible to reward players who want to make one weapon//frame powerful (Main build of the player, per se), while making sure that the MR points are not large enough to take care of the next rank requirements too. The percentage decrease can be brought down more, if possible.

What do you think?

Would replace the "forma for optimization if you want to" process with a "forma for MR by obligation", that's nasty.

Plus, we could reach rank 45 in no time, what'd be the point ? Not even mentioning that if they ever do that, they'll increase the MR requirements accordingly. Enjoy your Riven locked at MR30 or whatever Prime/Syndicate locked at 25.

• Like 4

Just now, Chewarette said:

Would replace the "forma for optimization if you want to" process with a "forma for MR by obligation", that's nasty.

Plus, we could reach rank 45 in no time, what'd be the point ? Not even mentioning that if they ever do that, they'll increase the MR requirements accordingly. Enjoy your Riven locked at MR30 or whatever Prime/Syndicate locked at 25.

thats actually a good point. in that case the grind will remain same. But at the same time this is also the fact that many a times I am left with ranking up a frame or weapon for which i am not going to get any MR points, so I need to rank up another frame. its quite time consuming.

To battle the obligation factor, the MR point granted for forma'd equipments can be cut down to 25% and 10 % and 5 %, and none after that

18 минут назад, SamMitter сказал:

But at the same time this is also the fact that many a times I am left with ranking up a frame or weapon for which i am not going to get any MR points, so I need to rank up another frame. its quite time consuming.

I'd disagree, from what I read in your OP, to get optimal MR we would need to rank frames/weapons several times in a row, even if we don't like them. Not only will it become more time consuming, but increace the chances of players burning out.

Right now: you build a frame ->level it -> put it on  a shelf. If you like/need it -> you add reactors and forma. Don't forget that there are varians to equipment we are using, such as: Prime, Vandal, Wraith, Prisma, etc.

Edited by PurrrningBoop
Lotus, i can't type for the love of me.
  • Like 3

Lol no thanks, I'd be about MR 50 by now... We have enough clueless MR 27 players runnin around thanks to Hydron, we don't nees to make it even easier to shortcut the game and run around with no idea how to actually play. As an example a clanmate had an MR 27 player buy corrosive projection off him today because he didn't have one lol.

Edited by Zilchy
  • Like 1

I think it would be too confusing and just increase the amount of time spent grinding unwanted weapons. Hell Gilded equipment items confuse enough of the player base.

Forma already has a really good purpose. The reward for releveling something with Forma is the stronger item.

Well the points are valid actually. and really I have faced such situation before too. Higher MR player joined in my squad, thought it will be pretty good, then ran around like children on sugar spam a few times and gone.....

I agree with you guys, although a bits of MR point would have been nice, but its not worth the effort, as i see.

There is a set amounf of Mastery XP in the game. What you are suggesting would ADD twice or maybe three time more Mastery XP, so that wouldn't cut the grind, but multiply it, for the tryhards or completionist, that said.

I agree now. and formally withdraw the request/suggestion...

thank you guys... its a good discussion....

I completely agree with your assessment that, MR ranks should not be handed out like candy. I am for one want to take MR things slow. learn the game, and get good....then again, its not so difficult to earn MR once you hit a certain level. many many frames and weapons you can just build or buy with very low cost. and levling up one set of weapon can be done in one day easily.

1 minute ago, SamMitter said:

yes. I do understand the fault in the logic.

Is there any way I can make this topic close??

You can report your first post to a Moderator and ask for help to close this thread.

Well, I see OP's idea, and I won't repeat what others have pointed out, despite agreeing. I'll just put here a practical example of what would surely happen.

So I take my new Saryn, go to ESO, level up. 6k MR done. So I slap a forma and go again. 3k done. And another forma. 3k more. And another. 3k more. And another, and so on. While overlooking all other gear options and risking a burn out in the process. Good intentions, but mostly not a very good idea imo. 

The system is designed so that it's grindy, yes, but sound and logic, and to encourage variety. So while not perfect it's not bad at all either.

il y a 19 minutes, SamMitter a dit :

yes. I do understand the fault in the logic.

Is there any way I can make this topic close?? or just delete it?

It was a bad suggestion tbh, in hindsight 🙂

It wasn't neither a bad suggestion or a bad idea. This exact kind of subject are worth debating around on this forum, I suppose. But clarifying the reason why it isn't a good idea, with the system we have actually, is necessary. No harm done.

Edited by dwqrf

2 minutes ago, sleepychewbacca said:

Did I just see a coherent and polite thread in General Discussion? 

I am very shook. 

Well, i think thats why forums are for. Discussion and debate.

And coming from research background, I personally feels evry forum should be kept in this way. Discussion, debate, and be objective. I dont know, whhy people get too stuck up in their point sometime, but that is not how you should do things..... If your logic fails you should concede your theory to be wrong. period.

29 minutes ago, (PS4)Hikuro-93 said:

Well, I see OP's idea, and I won't repeat what others have pointed out, despite agreeing. I'll just put here a practical example of what would surely happen.

So I take my new Saryn, go to ESO, level up. 6k MR done. So I slap a forma and go again. 3k done. And another forma. 3k more. And another. 3k more. And another, and so on. While overlooking all other gear options and risking a burn out in the process. Good intentions, but mostly not a very good idea imo. 

The system is designed so that it's grindy, yes, but sound and logic, and to encourage variety. So while not perfect it's not bad at all either.

Well although I am not for the idea any more, I just want to point out, my original plan was to 6k for frst level up, 3 k for 1st forma level up, 1k for 2nd forma level up. and done. or it can go 6k/1k/500.

You know, I think the idea is great, and that every weapon should give half of the MR with the first leveling, and the second half of the MR with the first forma, forcing people to use at least one single forma on every weapon they mean to "master".

But that would be crazy, and people would rage in front of twice the grind. It's definitely not doable.