Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Hilarious measures must be taken to be able to play this game without burning your eyes out

Alfitron

Not sure if it's just me, but I have to turn down the brightness, contrast, turn off a bunch of graphical options and have flux on a really low blue-light setting to be able to play.  The graphics on this game are eye-piercing.  I remember how long it took to figure out a setup that worked when I first got the game.  And keep in mind, no other game does this to me.

Edited by Alfitron

Turned bloom down to about 10% and motion blur completely off. When it gets really bad I turn off color correction so that everything doesn't have quite as bright of an impact.

My bigger issue has always been the fact that leaving screen shake on is basically just asking to get motion sickness. Every time I see a youtube video with shake on I have to click out of it.

• Like 1

My only issue are the effects from autoblocking and those give me migraine. Before DE came up with autoblocking I had no issues after turning off motion blur and elemental effects, now I have to avoid using melee or risk spending the next 72 hours in bed with lights off. This is the first time that a game even causes me migraine, usually it is very specific sounds or noisy places that cause it.

P.S. Why do so many game devs in general put motion blur in their games when it seems the first option players want to / need to turn off.. I remember when I got Monster Hunter World on PC and it had motion blur, but no option to turn it off. Having paid 60-70€ for a game I couldn't play without getting sick was great. Thankfully the option was added later on after so many players demanded it and refunded the game because the option wasn't available.

• Like 1

For me it gives me al ot of issue with the particles and screen shaking when using melee, I always forget to lower the particles. Its also annoying how we have only half the screen to work with since the frame takes most of one side and its kinda stupid that the frame i not in the middle of the screen but rather on the side.

Bloom (intensity below 10) and Volumentric Light - those are THE 2 most annoying features in this game, due to high particles and sometimes pretty blinding static lights on LOD. Kuva fortress for example renders me completely unable to see through the light, since its ridiculously dense.

About the brightness and contrast - they are standard, 50. Did you check your monitor's settings? And the GPU driver's separate Hue/Saturation settings?

20 minutes ago, Pacheon said:

Bloom (intensity below 10) and Volumentric Light - those are THE 2 most annoying features in this game, due to high particles and sometimes pretty blinding static lights on LOD. Kuva fortress for example renders me completely unable to see through the light, since its ridiculously dense.

About the brightness and contrast - they are standard, 50. Did you check your monitor's settings? And the GPU driver's separate Hue/Saturation settings?

Yeah I dunno this game is very extreme in the coloring and lighting area even when turning off all of the problem-causing settings.  No other game has caused this issue for me.  I can play with the current decreased settings I have, but sometimes it's hard to see because it's too dark.

2 hours ago, SupremeDutchGamer said:

i never had any of these issues.... i actually have the brightness and contrast higher than normal.

Interesting, could you send me a screenshot of what your game looks like in a mission?

9 hours ago, Chipputer said:

Turned bloom down to about 10% and motion blur completely off. When it gets really bad I turn off color correction so that everything doesn't have quite as bright of an impact.

My bigger issue has always been the fact that leaving screen shake on is basically just asking to get motion sickness. Every time I see a youtube video with shake on I have to click out of it.

Turned off cc a long time ago.

Unless we can choose our own tint or get capturas features in normal gameplay (which would be great) I don't ever plan on turning it on again as it definitely hurts the eyes. 

8 hours ago, Alfitron said:

Interesting, could you send me a screenshot of what your game looks like in a mission?

https://imgur.com/a/Re3EPSG heres some random screens from the new boss fight, and some from orb vallis (which in my experience, is the worst offender for being overly bright due to all of the snow, especially with adaptive exposure off.

for what settings i use: 

• Spoiler

• brightness 70
    • contrast 70
    • FOV 78
    • screen shake off
    • fx intensity 150
    • tesselation on
    • local reflect on
    • blur reflect on
    • volumetric on
    • hdr on
    • adaptive exposure on
    • glare on
    • film grain off
    • high shader quality on
    • dyn. resolution off
    • geometry detail high
    • particles high
    • gpu particles ludicrous
    • shadow quality high
    • texture mem high
    • anisotrophic filtering 2X
    • tril filter on
    • AA on TAA 8X high
    • TAA sharpen on 100
    • DOF off
    • motion blur off
    • bloom on
    • bloom intensity 25
    • dynamic lighting on
    • char shadows on

note: this requires a pretty decent GPU, im running a gtx 1060. 

Edited by SupremeDutchGamer