Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

My Rhino Prime

(NSW)Nintendork3D

I don't think it looks bad, but I do tend to favor dark colors and simplistic schemes.  I prefer only using 2-3 colors on most frames and can't stand the way most people's idea of "fashion frame" is to run around looking like they're in a clown suit with eye-bleedingly bright mashups.  Sure, it's not original or flashy, but if you like it is all that matters.  I've been using black/gold or some variant for most colors in most games etc for 15+ years now, so I can't claim to ever be original lol.  I just loved the way Trans-Ams and Firebirds looked in the late '80s/ early '90s when I was growing up and it stuck with me. 

Do you.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, (PS4)abbacephas said:

I don't particularly like that shade of green. Green and black is rather generic. The default axe colour is ugly. 

I can't choose the axe color.  it's just what's presented in the abilities screen.  And how is green and black generic?  I tend to see far more whites, golds, and reds.

1 minute ago, Sardekar said:

I don't think it looks bad, but I do tend to favor dark colors and simplistic schemes.  I prefer only using 2-3 colors on most frames and can't stand the way most people's idea of "fashion frame" is to run around looking like they're in a clown suit with eye-bleedingly bright mashups.  Sure, it's not original or flashy, but if you like it is all that matters.  I've been using black/gold or some variant for most colors in most games etc for 15+ years now, so I can't claim to ever be original lol.  I just loved the way Trans-Ams and Firebirds looked in the late '80s/ early '90s when I was growing up and it stuck with me. 

Do you.

heh, that's cool.  got a screenshot?

4 minutes ago, (NSW)Nintendork3D said:

I can't choose the axe color.  it's just what's presented in the abilities screen.  And how is green and black generic?  I tend to see far more whites, golds, and reds.

Asks for opinions. Gets defensive when opinions given.

May want to reword the OP there.

• Like 1

I'd direct you to the Rhino Vojnik skin if you don't mind paying a bit of money. It'd fuse better with the armour you've chosen - I'd say that the body is a bit too shiny at the moment compared to the helmet and the armour. 

I think the colours are quite good - though personally when I use greens I go for dingier, more military looking greens like in the Grineer palette.

12 minutes ago, (NSW)Nintendork3D said:

heh, that's cool.  got a screenshot?

Not on my newer PC apparently, and I'm feeling a bit too lazy atm to take any new ones...but I can guarantee you any of my color schemes would receive plenty of "meh" feedback from most other players.  It's fine for me, since I'm the only one who has to look at my frames consistently, so I don't worry too much what others think.  My buddy is much the same way- half his frames are black/green, the rest are black/red, and he uses black/red for everything in every game we've ever played.  I don't like his aesthetic, but he loves it, so that's really all that counts.

4 minutes ago, (NSW)Nintendork3D said:

I literally just said I can't choose the axe color and asked how it's generic.  Don't start drama.

And I said the green and black is generic. To expand, I find green and black to be bland, boring, and uninspired; much like black and red is generic. Given the wealth of colours available, your choices aren't anything to write home about. If you like them, great. I find it:

44 minutes ago, (PS4)abbacephas said:

tenor.gif?itemid=8152155

1 minute ago, iLightning13 said:

I'd direct you to the Rhino Vojnik skin if you don't mind paying a bit of money. It'd fuse better with the armour you've chosen - I'd say that the body is a bit too shiny at the moment compared to the helmet and the armour. 

I think the colours are quite good - though personally when I use greens I go for dingier, more military looking greens like in the Grineer palette.

Yeah, I'm a fan of the more vinbrant but dark greens (which is why I got the infested palette for this.)  Also I did check that skin out!  But just didn't seem to mesh imo.

2 minutes ago, Sardekar said:

Not on my newer PC apparently, and I'm feeling a bit too lazy atm to take any new ones...but I can guarantee you any of my color schemes would receive plenty of "meh" feedback from most other players.  It's fine for me, since I'm the only one who has to look at my frames consistently, so I don't worry too much what others think.  My buddy is much the same way- half his frames are black/green, the rest are black/red, and he uses black/red for everything in every game we've ever played.  I don't like his aesthetic, but he loves it, so that's really all that counts.

Nuts. 😛 But yeah, love the green/black combination.

2 minutes ago, (PS4)abbacephas said:

And I said the green and black is generic. To expand, I find green and black to be bland, boring, and uninspired; much like black and red is generic. Given the wealth of colours available, your choices aren't anything to write home about. If you like them, great. I find it:

Alright.  That's all I was looking for in an answer. XD  If you don't like those colors, that's fine.  Just was curious on what made it meh.

7 minutes ago, Sardekar said:

Also, the funny thing I noticed is that unless you use the eye bleeding combinations like you mentioned, it seems like any color combo will get a "meh" since there's only so much you can do that doesn't look like a clown threw up all over you.  Seems like it's a lose/lose either way.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, (PS4)abbacephas said:

Colors aside, what about the armor?

40 minutes ago, Mr.SpookSpook said:

Can't see sheieiet like that. Take a screenshot from your profile, not the ability screen, where 70% is blocked out by the axe and pose.

I agree with others, it's meh. Looks a bit like a weird transformers thing.

Odd.  If you full screen it, it shows up fine to me.