Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

youtube video claims it's for the majority of users but since I have no soapbox I can't refute it

Zyga21

ok so for starters I don't watch the guy and only saw it on my recommended tab in youtube. The reason why I'm making this post which will most likely be ignored is that; as some random player I have nowhere to shout as loud as this guy, and that makes me pretty angry because this guy claims he's speaking for all the players when he's not at all. So for a TLDR of this whole thing, It's not as bad as he makes it out to be, he doesn't speak for all of us, I have huge issues with what he says. Please don't take this guy's word as the whole community's.

So I'm going to go step by step in his video and nitpick everything I don't agree with.

• 0:08 He dismisses anyone who might happen to not agree with him as people who already made up their mind when that's not always the case but this will protect him later if anyone does try to say anything bad.
  • 1:38 He can't log on for more than an hour a day before he wants to play something else. This happens with everyone it's called burnout, just go play something else for a while and come back. You can play anything too much and it will get dull.
  • 4:40 "I'd rather play warframe solo because it's more optimized to do so" well for starters it really isn't for most content, you can do it easier and faster with more players no matter who you are. You are making the choice to shut yourself out from the most important part of the game; the community and interactions. Because of that, you're finding the game less interesting because you're playing e-prime 200 times a day by yourself.
  • 5:50 "there is no reason to co-op in warframe outside of the main focus of the game" there's no reason to do anything if you hate yourself enough. Why play games when you can do something more efficient like learning something new? the answer is because it's fun or distracting you from other things. There's no point to earn plat in warframe when you don't even have to play it, so what's the point of playing?
  • 6:00 he then goes on to say that he enjoyed playing the raids because he was playing with people and enjoyed the content, regardless of the rewards. lol.
  • 7:15 he talks starts talking about how time is important and how you would only ever do the fastest missions when unlocking relics. Yes time is important to people but I know for me personally I like going into an endless fissure mission to like level a frame, it's better than grinding hydron, or if I have a nightwave to do a cache hunt I can go do it in a fissure. The important thing here is that you have the choice to do things, there are usually good relic missions up and if you need something else those are up too. Endless missions give you great rewards in boosters and more relics (almost as if this is going to come back in a future argument)
  • 8:30 "Muh one key for 900 rewards" I really hate when people use this argument, yes your keys could last for as long as you wanted, but you also got far fewer keys and they had far fewer bonuses to them compared to relics we have now. Relics are by far much nicer in EVERY WAY. Sure you can't take one relic endlessly, but what you can do is use one of the 900 relics you do have or even buy some from other players if you ever run out (I don't know how that's possible since they keep rewarding you relics ALL THE TIME, you should NEVER run out as a long time player.)
  • 13:00 "compare vauban prime vs equinox prime" It takes time to do this stuff, and they're busy with so much stuff. I'm more happy that with equinox prime we're also getting a lot of new things in the way of the gas city remaster/wisp/railjack soon:tm: than a hyped up trailer for a warframe that is a meme now because of how little players like him. Who cares about the promo material if the game isn't getting anything fun.
  • 13:35 he starts listing things that "nobody" asked for implying they also don't want it. I can't tell you how hyped I am for railjack and how much I love the plains/fortuna for shaking up the warframe gameplay loop, piss off with your brushing these under the rug and pretending nobody likes or wants this content. YOU don't, YOU are not everyone. Side note archwing was a failure, but it was also an attempt and I can respect that. It seemed cool when it first came out, but then it just didn't really work out for most players.
  • 14:50 calls forum threads for recent arbitration changes and how people are saying they'll never revive a player. There are A******s anywhere, if you don't want to play with other people then play solo. It's almost as if they're trying to give you an opportunity to interact with your teammates more in a game mode all about self-survival and killing things, Crazy.
  • 15:50 "de doesn't listen to us" god I hope so
  • 16:45 "what even is the point of playing this game anymore?"
    • "why should I get mr27" because it's a goal you can set for yourself to have every weapon so far mastered.
    • "why would I be excited for the next update if I finish it in a week" because you play it for that whole week and enjoy the game for the time you do play it. It shouldn't De's problem that you burn yourself out on it, but it is because people do.
    • "why would I grind for a new mod with useless stats" because they're not useless you're just locked into your thinking about how you want to play the game. Expand your horizons, amalgam serration is the best. Using an aura forma is the best, just because you're locked into one way of playing doesn't mean everyone else is.
    • "I like pushing out videos just to try to keep my audience and to make money" um well ok
    • "same could be said for warframe updates" no those are actually interesting, and breath more life into the product
  • 18:20 "playing with my buddies is always worth it" 🙂 well I'm glad you're finally starting to understand that the community makes the game...
  • 18:25 "if you don't have X you can't play with us because I'm being an elitist" noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo, why would you do this to yourself, you shot yourself in the foot and are blaming DE

unlike this guy I'd love to have a 2-way discussion about anything that's bugging you about the game, maybe I just don't understand your side of it. I'd rather you explained something than just say nothing at all.

And yeah I do realize that there are many people bored with the game, I really hope that one of them can give me a good reason why the game is trash.

• Like 9

Just now, (XB1)Skippy575 said:

The best thing you can do in this situation is ignore anything a Toober says.

Props to you OP for actually summarizing what the video is about. Most people just throw a video up with no context lol

I don't want to ignore it because he has a louder voice than me and by that has more of an influence, I feel like it's important for me to nitpick what he's saying so that de doesn't just go off and believe him.

• Like 5

I should remind you that this is a guy who has, in the past, used his beginner tutorial video's view count to try and silence smaller Warframe content creators. He's a shining example of why you shouldn't blindly follow anything a Warframe-tuber says.

They not only have louder voices but they are often invited to hang out with DE or given special places at Tennocon and such. It is what it is.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Zyga21 said:

I don't want to ignore it because he has a louder voice than me and by that has more of an influence, I feel like it's important for me to nitpick what he's saying so that de doesn't just go off and believe him.

This isn't the first Toober to have a doom & gloom video. A lot of them like to do it weekly.

Trust us, it's better to ignore them on stuff like this.

Just now, (PS4)LeBlingKing69 said:

Remember when DE listened to the Design Council instead of content creators? Pepperidge Farm remembers.

Remember when the design council actually did anything besides naming a warframe?

5 minutes ago, (XB1)Skippy575 said:

The best thing you can do in this situation is ignore anything a Toober says.

This.

When you get down to it, anyone on YT is just some guy uploading stuff to the 'net. He's not of any significance. 

At best, the stuff on YT is entertainment. At worst, well, it's no different than people ranting on gaming websites--any Blizzard website will show you the quality of what you can expect.

In the same vein, I was given some advice many years ago by a gaming friend: if you like a game, don't go to its official forums. The rampant negativity just wears you down. Same thing with YT. 

Ignore it and drive on. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Highresist said:

It is some kind of "forum meta" to bash on Warframe youtubers?

I don't do the forums very much so if it is sorry for beating a dead horse.

but if it is, you gotta wonder if there's a reason

• Like 6

19 minutes ago, Zyga21 said:

"why would I be excited for the next update if I finish it in a week" because you play it for that whole week and enjoy the game for the time you do play it. It shouldn't De's problem that you burn yourself out on it, but it is because people do.

No thought or concern for those of us who are short of time and are trying to keep up with the grind on both PC and Switch. Do these influencers ever use some critical thought into thier arguments?

So frothing at the mouth from those who treats the games as a career path and has no consideration for those of us who use games as a way to kick back after a hard days work and relax.

Edited by CarrotSalad
  • Like 4

One good point--no need for co-op. 

I rarely take youtube seriously, but from the 5ish minutes I listened to the guy this stood out to me. I won't argue about anything, his validity included, but the point that there is less and less incentive for co-op play shouldn't be ignored. 

2 minutes ago, Highresist said:

It is some kind of "forum meta" to bash on Warframe youtubers?

More like it's forum meta to have them flood the Forums with 'DOOOOOOOOOM!'

Don't get me wrong, it's led to some very productive discussions, but also a lot of dev bashing and general misery. It's just not fun in a lot of cases.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, YazMatazO said:

the point that there is less and less incentive for co-op play shouldn't be ignored. 

Not only is it overall more efficient to have more players but you also get 4 rolls, as opposed to one, in every fissure reward table when you have a full party. The game has always-- always-- rewarded a full party much more than a single player.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Zyga21 said:

"I like pushing out videos just to try to keep my audience and to make money"

The curse of the monogame. He did that to himself frankly if he has waning interest but still feels the need to post something just to expand his audience and make money. To me he's basically admitting "not a huge fan of the game anymore, but I guess I gotta do this" which doesn't make for interesting content if you don't have the desire to keep it up. I don't know if it shows though since until now I've never watched his stuff.

For me, I have no obligation to play the game. I just do what I want and find fun then just stop. It has felt like DE has slowed down in terms of adding new stuff to mess around with and it's had some ups and downs but its still been overall more enjoyable than many other stuff they added back in the day because they have started taking risks and following their vision of "screw it, I bet this is cool." with things like open world maps, railjack, a fame with a built in music composer. Maybe it's just me and my anti-mmo attitude where I just can't find myself sticking to a game to dig through any expansive amount of content and do all these length raids each and every day but rather hop in, do some cool stuff, and get out.

Edited by Annnoth
  • Like 5

I don't really pay attention to Youtubers, and the ones I always hear about have the most absurd view points with a completely backwards perspective of the game, like this dude and that Rio guy.

43 minutes ago, (PS4)LeBlingKing69 said:

Remember when DE listened to the Design Council instead of content creators? Pepperidge Farm remembers.

And this irks me to no end. At this point I wouldn't be disappointed if they just dissolved the Design Council since it's more a fluff thing than a place for meaningful feedback. You'd think it'd be a great place to determine what is actually needed for reworks, but no. Even with the Nyx rework the feedback parameters given were thrown out the window and they kept Psychic Bolts (I actually don't mind what we ended up with after a few tries, given the circumstances. The Absorb changes were pointless though).

Edited by (PS4)Ozymandias-13-
Typo. Oops.

11 minutes ago, YazMatazO said:

One good point--no need for co-op. 

Chipputer already put it well by saying 

Not only is it overall more efficient to have more players but you also get 4 rolls, as opposed to one, in every fissure reward table when you have a full party. The game has always-- always-- rewarded a full party much more than a single player.

I'm just going to add on by saying that yes you /can/ play solo and if you dislike dealing with slow players it might even be a better option for you, but the game is easier and more rewarding with more players, it's a choice to play alone.

(there are also times in which you really should play alone, like when trying to unlock rivens or something but, there will always be exceptions.)

Edited by Zyga21
quoted
  • Like 1

Thank you op.

What a lot of people fail to realize is that the game can be played, and is played, in many different ways. It is a massive undertaking and is completely understandable to be eventually burned out. I've been playing for years (which is crazy to think about) and still haven't discovered all of the work and secrets built into this game. I'm not burned out yet but it's ok to take a break. You're supposed to! I know players who took a year off and now have no idea where to start with all of the new stuff and almost missed nightwave and the Wolf. That is an awesome thing.

In regards to Youtubers, they're trying to force a narrative in hopes to create controversy when there isn't...or wasn't one. It's rather shameful to attack the hand that feeds them. To enjoy all the game has to offer, for thousands of hours, then bash it just to get viewer counts is completely shameful, disrespectful and foolish. 

• Like 7