Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

youtube video claims it's for the majority of users but since I have no soapbox I can't refute it

Zyga21

The only YouTuber that deals in Warframe content I watch is Shy because everything she does is clearly ridiculous and over the top to be exactly that, and most of her videos are sub 2 minutes which is great for me.

Every time I go looking on YouTube for Warframe related content I find so many doom and gloom videos I turn away and come to the forums because at least I don't watch 3 minutes and realize this is going to turn into some sort of unintelligible arguments from someone who can't grasp the concept of how this game is intended to work. At least when I'm on the forums I can read something for a few seconds and know exactly where this person is coming from and make my decision there.

As @(XB1)Knight Raime said above video games are an entertainment vessel and art form and everyone's a critic. Unfortunately with the current social climate these days every critique is just trashing something relentlessly in some misguided sense of entitlement to get precisely what they feel they deserve and should have regardless of whether it's right or what anyone else wants.

Edited by Creegz

15 hours ago, YazMatazO said:

Trinity is my main. I can do solo survival Corpus Arbitrations with her down to one and a half hour. I simply haven't progressed past that point because, well, it's one and a half hour sitting in one and the same spot so I want to do something else in the end :D. Not to mention all the 'meta' frames I've resurrected, or the jolly good time we end up having when I team up with Mags. 

I salute you. I use Trinity when I group with friends for Eidolons (Because none of them wanna be a healer. Or in the words of one of my friends "Support is boring")
I actually like using Harrow for Defection Missions.
Just to be clear, I stated that the majority don't play support. But I don't mind it.
In FF14 I mained Support Jobs. (Machinist, Bard, Astrologian, & Ninja was my Solo Main)

The quick grinding mentality ultimately hurts the game, and if everybody are going with absolutely the most optimal thing(thank God they don't) we'd end up with an extremely boring game in the end. You see, you need some stakes in order for a game to be fun. Even if people say they enjoy being the unkillable god of WF, that gets old so quick

This is partially DE's fault. The abysmal drop rates reinforce/create this mentality among players.

Lastly, increase in loot is the thing that is actually forcing people to make squads. It's the poorest substitute for co-op gameplay.

I can't argue with you here. This is mostly true.
But in a Action RPG Looter Shooter this is always the case. Diablo, Borderlands, & etc all do the same thing.
The only way to encourage co-op beyond increased rewards is to neuter players, and force reliance. Which is a double edged sword of its own.
Anthem for example, basically shoves Co-op play down the player's throat & up the player's ass at the same time & did everything in its power to NOT Solo, Duo, small group friendly. (Just like Destiny 2...); Encounters are specifically crafted for co-op play, combat was designed around co-op too with combo's being a big part of it, & etc.
Now...with its playerbase now pretty much extinct the game is nigh unplayable.
Anthem penalized non-cooperative play. Reduced rewards, experience, & lower stats. IE: Same number of enemies on screen just they give less exp when solo vs in group, and have lower drop rates.

Overall, its killed its own playerbase by trying to force co-op over letting relationships build organically. This was something Bioware was given pages upon pages of feedback on but it chose to ignore it.
So before the lack of content, UI, overabundance of bugs, & etc revealed it was a -50% complete game the game was already having issues.

That said...
What you recommend be the big draw for incentivizing co-op play?

PS: for the record I think it's fair to say that I am a player who no longer cares about the rewards. I only want the gameplay.

I'm actually with you here.
I play for fun. I admit, I get extremely frustrated when I do desire an item & it takes 100+ farms, or months to get rng to drop it.
But generally, I play to have a good time. IMPO once you hit vet status/power cap...now you can kick back & just play for kicks. Have fun overpowering the enemies, and just do your own thing.
But that's me. Many players need something to chase, even when capped/at the end of the road/race.

On 2019-05-22 at 9:03 AM, Zyga21 said:

I have nowhere to shout as loud as this guy, and that makes me pretty angry because this guy claims he's speaking for all the players when he's not at all.

So just what video did you watch?  I personally gave up watching the video at roughly the 10 minute mark, where did he not once ever state the magical pronoun "we".

He used a metric ton of "I" an even a few "In my perspective".   But no, never once did he say "we players..." in any fashion.

*sigh*  this thread seems to be based on a whiny player who lack the ability to hear what is being said because their own personal bias is too strong.

I'm off to the void for ice cream.

• Like 1

WTF is the point of this post im sorry to say this just seems like someone going out of their way to white knight for warframe. The dude gave his opinion and not once in his video can I say he felt oppressive or like he was shoving his opinion down my throat. On top of that this guy still supports the game when sadly the game has given him very little reason to do so. I understand having an opinion on the video but its sad that so many people in this games community are quick to lose their heads over this a go all mob mentality on it. Also when does he claim to speak for the community, the only part I can think of is when he mentions that experienced player retention is going down and if that's what you're talking about he's not speaking for the community he's stating a fact.

Just wanna say this games community has traveled so far down hill away from the days when people would say warframe has the nicest community. Sorry but at this point nothing about this community is kind.

Edited by S.Dust

34 minutes ago, IvyMorrigan said:

I don't have much to add other than gamer culture rewards people who are loud and angry, seems that's basically this guy in a nutshell.

THISSSSS, you get it, do you wana be friends :"D

Edited by AugustFestival

This is why I rarely watch ranting channels or videos (I only watch mogamu for the interviews and tennocon stuff not his rants about warframe and other games), their opinions are mostly biased, because not everyone is gonna agree and the people that disagrees usually the majority.

but Iflynn here does have a point about the state of the game (ignoring the bias and off topic stuff). Warframe lacks late game content to keep fully maxed out veterans to keep being interested in the game. I am hoping the upcoming difficulty slider helps counter that problem.

But at the end of the day, you will eventually have to take a break from doing something you love because of burnout (I took a 3 year hiatus from TF2 and recently just started playing again).

On 2019-05-22 at 11:03 AM, o0Despair0o said:

> Reads title

> Scrolls down

> Meta-slave mainstream youtuber Icon in video thumbnail and clickbait title

Welcome to 2019, where being a somewhat successful youtuber equals being a god.

Allow me to quote myself:

"You know what the problem with youtubers is these days?

They think they're better than anyone else and people actually believe them.

In today's day and age, having a lot of subscribers equals being worshipped as a god. And you know what kind of stupid things people do for something they believe in.

And if one of those Youtubers says something sucks, everyone suddenly agrees, because obviously that keyboard warrior knows better."

What in the EVER-LEMMING SHILL are you talking about? 

...and a half-step from going 3rd Person? LOL.

o0Despair0o:  “o0Despair says...” 😂

🧐 Not sure if serious...

On 2019-05-22 at 9:03 PM, Zyga21 said:

ok so for starters I don't watch the guy and only saw it on my recommended tab in youtube. The reason why I'm making this post which will most likely be ignored is that; as some random player I have nowhere to shout as loud as this guy, and that makes me pretty angry because this guy claims he's speaking for all the players when he's not at all. So for a TLDR of this whole thing, It's not as bad as he makes it out to be, he doesn't speak for all of us, I have huge issues with what he says. Please don't take this guy's word as the whole community's.

So I'm going to go step by step in his video and nitpick everything I don't agree with.

• 0:08 He dismisses anyone who might happen to not agree with him as people who already made up their mind when that's not always the case but this will protect him later if anyone does try to say anything bad.
  • 1:38 He can't log on for more than an hour a day before he wants to play something else. This happens with everyone it's called burnout, just go play something else for a while and come back. You can play anything too much and it will get dull.
  • 4:40 "I'd rather play warframe solo because it's more optimized to do so" well for starters it really isn't for most content, you can do it easier and faster with more players no matter who you are. You are making the choice to shut yourself out from the most important part of the game; the community and interactions. Because of that, you're finding the game less interesting because you're playing e-prime 200 times a day by yourself.
  • 5:50 "there is no reason to co-op in warframe outside of the main focus of the game" there's no reason to do anything if you hate yourself enough. Why play games when you can do something more efficient like learning something new? the answer is because it's fun or distracting you from other things. There's no point to earn plat in warframe when you don't even have to play it, so what's the point of playing?
  • 6:00 he then goes on to say that he enjoyed playing the raids because he was playing with people and enjoyed the content, regardless of the rewards. lol.
  • 7:15 he talks starts talking about how time is important and how you would only ever do the fastest missions when unlocking relics. Yes time is important to people but I know for me personally I like going into an endless fissure mission to like level a frame, it's better than grinding hydron, or if I have a nightwave to do a cache hunt I can go do it in a fissure. The important thing here is that you have the choice to do things, there are usually good relic missions up and if you need something else those are up too. Endless missions give you great rewards in boosters and more relics (almost as if this is going to come back in a future argument)
  • 8:30 "Muh one key for 900 rewards" I really hate when people use this argument, yes your keys could last for as long as you wanted, but you also got far fewer keys and they had far fewer bonuses to them compared to relics we have now. Relics are by far much nicer in EVERY WAY. Sure you can't take one relic endlessly, but what you can do is use one of the 900 relics you do have or even buy some from other players if you ever run out (I don't know how that's possible since they keep rewarding you relics ALL THE TIME, you should NEVER run out as a long time player.)
  • 13:00 "compare vauban prime vs equinox prime" It takes time to do this stuff, and they're busy with so much stuff. I'm more happy that with equinox prime we're also getting a lot of new things in the way of the gas city remaster/wisp/railjack soon:tm: than a hyped up trailer for a warframe that is a meme now because of how little players like him. Who cares about the promo material if the game isn't getting anything fun.
  • 13:35 he starts listing things that "nobody" asked for implying they also don't want it. I can't tell you how hyped I am for railjack and how much I love the plains/fortuna for shaking up the warframe gameplay loop, piss off with your brushing these under the rug and pretending nobody likes or wants this content. YOU don't, YOU are not everyone. Side note archwing was a failure, but it was also an attempt and I can respect that. It seemed cool when it first came out, but then it just didn't really work out for most players.
  • 14:50 calls forum threads for recent arbitration changes and how people are saying they'll never revive a player. There are A******s anywhere, if you don't want to play with other people then play solo. It's almost as if they're trying to give you an opportunity to interact with your teammates more in a game mode all about self-survival and killing things, Crazy.
  • 15:50 "de doesn't listen to us" god I hope so
  • 16:45 "what even is the point of playing this game anymore?"
    • "why should I get mr27" because it's a goal you can set for yourself to have every weapon so far mastered.
    • "why would I be excited for the next update if I finish it in a week" because you play it for that whole week and enjoy the game for the time you do play it. It shouldn't De's problem that you burn yourself out on it, but it is because people do.
    • "why would I grind for a new mod with useless stats" because they're not useless you're just locked into your thinking about how you want to play the game. Expand your horizons, amalgam serration is the best. Using an aura forma is the best, just because you're locked into one way of playing doesn't mean everyone else is.
    • "I like pushing out videos just to try to keep my audience and to make money" um well ok
    • "same could be said for warframe updates" no those are actually interesting, and breath more life into the product
  • 18:20 "playing with my buddies is always worth it" 🙂 well I'm glad you're finally starting to understand that the community makes the game...
  • 18:25 "if you don't have X you can't play with us because I'm being an elitist" noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo, why would you do this to yourself, you shot yourself in the foot and are blaming DE

unlike this guy I'd love to have a 2-way discussion about anything that's bugging you about the game, maybe I just don't understand your side of it. I'd rather you explained something than just say nothing at all.

And yeah I do realize that there are many people bored with the game, I really hope that one of them can give me a good reason why the game is trash.

well I totally agree with this guy
Today warframe content creator doesn't respect anymore to the game and developer
but I didn't know why DE keep them mark "Warframe Partner"

Edited by IgnatiuSgaming

9 hours ago, (PS4)Zero_029 said:

What you recommend be the big draw for incentivizing co-op play?

Well... to me, personally, that would be a series of new modes which have more complex objectives. I already mentioned Defection Arbitrations and how if you know what you're doing you can get quicker rotations. In that mode killing quick is good, but not essential. Why just yesterday, after we had our conversation I logged in and there was a Defection Arbitration ready for me to jump in with my Trin. As usual, there was only one other person who complained about how bad the mode was. That is until we extracted and he saw how much time we spent per rotation. After that he himself admitted how good the mode actually was, and felt sorry he went out early, or that he chose a killing frame that didn't suit the objective.  

Complex objectives with similar design, where Maiming Strike can help, but is not the only thing the squad should focus on would be welcomed by me, and probably hated by a large cut of the population. But the idea here is to satisfy those who want the loot, and those who want the co-op game by allowing the loot to be obtained quicker if the squad is strategically more diverse. Warframe is very rich in it's lore and mechanics. Designing something like that won't be that big of an issue as people make it out to be.  

Since you mentioned Diablo--in that game(most notably 2) there is more variety in terms of response from the E in PvE. Dodge amazons need to be careful around charging zombies, barbarians need to keep minotaurs in mind, sorcerers need to remember about speed/attack speed aura mobs lest they get stunned, ect. Warframe can further diversify the enemies it's putting in front of the player. Early game is quite ok, but later on the same mobs just don't quite cut it. One of the reasons why some people play so poorly is how easy it is to mow down Sortie level enemies. Those mesas, saryns, and even some of the meme strikers no longer cut it past a certain level(I play a lot of Arbitrations) because now they need to play a bit differently(taking cover, for example). But that nezha that tries to keep his shields on his teammates all the time helps more.    

He’s a child.  His entire argument is “I think this and this,” but if you question him then he says you’re a white knight or does his ever entertaining “slap slap” sound. 😒😒😒 He has no direction and just comes across as a child.  I enjoyed his videos when he stuck to more basic stuff.  Now he’s just an angry man child and when confront him he has an tantrum or his favorite backpedal “dude it’s just satire.”

Edited by jfhsanseiIII

Personally I only like to watch Tactical Potato and Quite Shallow's content. Potato is all around a fun guy and informative and Shy is just funny (or maybe I'm just a fan of her class of humor).

I am pretty tired of these "warframe is dead/will die soon" videos, they're basically burned out players and some of them might have sound arguments here and there but, at the end, most of it falls on the "rant" category.