Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

(The Jovian Concord: Update 25) Wisp Feedback

[DE]Danielle

If you have a bug to report, please post it in the dedicated Bug Report Megathread for Update 25: https://forums.warframe.com/topic/1094905-the-jovian-concord-update-25-bug-report-megathread/

This thread will be used to house your feedback on the newest Warframe from The Jovian Concord: Update 25: Wisp!

Float through the halls of the Gas City as the unseen helping hand. Her light-based Abilities provide support to allies, while her unique Passive makes her invisible in the air. Defeat the Ropalolyst to earn our 40th Warframe. Learn more about her abilities here: 

PASSIVE: PHASED
Flowing between dimensions Wisp becomes invisible to enemies while in the air.

RESERVOIRS
Choose and summon a Reservoir filled with Motes that attach to and aid Wisp and her allies.  Haste Mote grants increased movement and attack speed. Vitality Mote increases maximum health and heals over time. Shock Mote stuns nearby enemies.

WIL-O-WISP
Cast forward a spectral image of Wisp to confuse and distract enemies. Reactivate to travel to its position.   Hold to have the image travel faster and teleport to its position on release.

BREACH SURGE
Open a dimensional breach to overwhelm nearby enemies and cause them to release aggressive Surge sparks when damaged.

SOL GATE
Open a portal to the sun to irradiate enemies with a devastating beam of pure solar plasma.

Before posting feedback on Wisp be sure to spend enough time with her in different missions! Once you feel you have handle on what she’s all about, and would like to share your thoughts, here is a fast guide from a Dev side to write good, useful feedback:

Spoiler

1. Keep it simple

• Write simple, directed points about the topic you feel strongly about. Remember to be constructive and to the point.

2. Back it up

• Support your points with concrete points. X has better stats than Y. This ability is less useful when considering X. Provide in-game situational evidence or a solid foundation for your argument to rest upon.

3. Be polite

• The best feedback occurs when two people discuss opposing viewpoints to find a constructive middle ground. Discussion is a natural part of feedback! Ensuring that it is polite and without personal attacks is key. We’re far less inclined to listen to feedback filled with personal attacks and rude speech. We are all trying our best!

We look forward to hearing your thoughts on Wisp! 

• Like 3

Very excited for this one. Time to bug hunt 😛

Edit: Bugs.

BREACH SURGE:

- The tracking on the wisps from her 3 is a bit off in closed areas.

- it doesn't CC for the full duration, they still have the effect on but can walk normally even if the timer is still going,

- Can clip you with terrain if the reservoir is close to an object and result in you being stuck.

- The detection area for the teleport could use a slight buff.

WIL-O-WISP :

- Either it has some hidden cap or it doesn't pull aggro fully.

SOL GATE:

- She can get locked in her 4 if she gets knocked down while in it and can't cancel it unless her energy runs out.

- Her 4's VFX are a bit too much for me personally, Can't really see what you're targetting.

- Eximi units seem to be immune to it.

Overall tho very pleased with this one.

Edited by SSI_Seraph

I'm not sure if this is the right place to post it, but every single Chest and Shoulder piece looks WAY too big on Wisp.

Plus, thanks to the spikes on her shoulders, some shoulder pads (Avia, Ceramica, Lodestar, Pakal, Riv Elite, Umbra) are levitating awkwardly. Also, the spike jabs itself into some of the others, and is even visibly clipping in the Harkonar Spaulders.

Finally, most syandanas (plat only, didn't look at Tennogen) are clipping through herbottom hiding syandana and side skirt syandana.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, CodeUltimate said:

just as I expected wisp's 4th skill is underwhelming and her 3 is weak too :c

Have you tried using her reservoirs to change the damage type of her 4th ability ? it melts lvl140 enemies.

Can we have it so that selecting a Prime Part after popping open a relic shows the copies you own without having to mouse over them?

Simple quality of life improvement that saves me a second or two of panic whenever I have to make a decision.

Thank you. 🙂

• Like 2

So far, I like Wisp a lot. Reservoir is a great ability and isn't nearly as confining as I was worried it would be. I'm still trying to figure out how her 3 works, but if it works the way I think it does (basically Pax Seeker on everything whenever you do damage) then I'm very excited about it. Her 2 is okay, her passive is really solid, and her 4 looks like it might either be terrible or wicked powerful. I'm not sure yet. 

Overall, she's definitely entertaining, and pretty useful to me so far. 

Edit: Having played her a bit more, this Warframe is sick. I did not expect this, but she might replace Valkyr for me, because she does exactly what I use Valkyr for, only with the reliable blind and absurd mobility and self healing that I always wish Valkyr had. And on top of that, she can go invisible at will, her fire rate applies to guns, and she can spread status procs like an absolute monster. If she had a built-in reliable way to group up enemies, then Wisp would be my new main from now until the end of time. 

So I'm pretty happy with Wisp here. Far more than I could have possibly anticipated. Best 325 platinum I have spent in a LONG time. 

Edit 2: So far there are only two complaints I have about her, one minor and one major.

The minor one is that the teleportation with her 3rd could stand to have even more forgiving targeting. The leeway is really nice, but I just want more of it. 

The major one is that Sol Gate really feels like a solution looking for a problem. Her 3 kinda has the AoE damage handled, and the shock reservoir gives you the CC and the proc spreading. It's certainly one of the most powerful feeling abilities in the game. The visuals and the feeling of impact are absolutely spectacular (albeit a bit blinding), but I'm grasping at straws trying to figure out why I would use it. Maybe I could use it as an overkill Condition Overload primer, but that's sorta the main thing I would consider using it for, but even then, I tend to use my primary weapon for it. The Supra Vandal can spread even more procs, doesn't restrict my movement as much, and doesn't devour my energy. 

But that not withstanding, I absolutely adore this Warframe. Maybe not the most powerful, but certainly my favorite Warframe of the last two years. 

Edited by Gurpgork
  • Like 5

I'm actually astonished at how well-balanced Wisp is right off the bat. If you play her right, she has ridiculous amounts of CC, a good HP pool, fantastic mobility, and some serious damage output. I'm demolishing level 115 Corrupted Heavy Gunners with her 4 and all 3 Reservoirs active. All of her abilities synergize well, but they also function perfectly fine on their own, which was something I complained about with Revenant when he was first released, and something Garuda still suffers from.

The Reservoirs are perfectly fine as they are, I wouldn't change them at all. The HP one gives her and her party a great survivability boost. The Haste one is something I can see being very important for DPS boosts in some content. The weakest link is honestly the Shocking one, but even then it's still totally viable.

Will-o-Wisp is a great ability for moving around and keeping enemies off of your trail. Holding the ability down is the way I tend to use it, it makes the ability travel faster and great for getting you from point A to point B almost instantly. Standard tapping the ability into a group of enemies is good for keeping their attention trained away from you, and is invaluable in solo missions.

Breach Surge is the ability I find myself using the least. Not to say it's useless, it's a great CC ability, I'm just not entirely sure about it's role as a damage dealer. The damage it deals isn't very good as far as I can see, but the CC is excellent to open up with. It's also good as a quick emergency escape if you target one of your Reservoirs with it.

Sol Gate was the ability I was most wary of because I thought it'd just be a different version of Danse Macabre, which it sort of is, but it does fulfil a certain role that Danse does not, and that's inflicting tons of status and basically stunlocking whatever you aim it at. While Danse Macabre targets the enemy's weakness, Sol Gate just floods the enemy with status and subsequent CC effects. The CC offered from a Heat proc lasts a long time, so it prevents enemies from fighting back and basically turns them into sandbags for you to continue dumping the ability on. If there are any survivors, the Radiation will continue to keep them away from you and allow you to either pick them off with your gun or melee, or just move on. The Corrosive effect from the Reservoir buffs makes the enemies die faster, which is always a good thing.

Speaking of melee, I think Wisp is going to function exceedingly well with Condition Overload melee builds. She inflicts a LOAD of status ailments with her abilities alone. Using her 3 she can also keep enemies from moving while she mows them down, and using her 2 she can quickly move from group to group, letting her maintain her combo gauge easier.

Overall, I think Wisp is VERY fun right from the get-go. I don't think she needs to be touched on a whole lot, besides some vfx tweaks for Sol Gate to prevent it from blinding the user.

• Like 2

I have a few questions. Firstly is this with bloom off and if it is I will not be suing this frames forth ability often when It comes to console. And secondly what was your build for this because that damage is piss poor even for only a level level 14 frame which makes me want her even less. 

Wisp is now single handedly one of my favorite buffer support frames, and that's mainly due to how her one works. Slap 3 down in a location your team can access maybe out s way point and than your team can refresh there buffs on there own without you having to babysit it's wonderful.

The beam feels a little bit too small, considering you are literally opening a gate to the sun.
It would be nice if the beam was a little bit bigger. Like 10-20% bigger. c:

Just my opinion, what do ya'll think?

• Like 1

I know it'll be a while before we get augments for Wisp BUT I had an idea while I was running around with her today (and by the way I am SO in love with this frame y'all got no idea).

So, it does take a moment to get all three reservoirs laid out; this is fine for missions like, say, defense/mobile defense or survival. But if one wanted to take her through something a little more A-to-B like exterminate or sabotage, maybe there could one day be an augment that drops all three reservoirs instantly?

And to avoid crossing the line of overpowered, maybe it could halve the duration of the buffs or the duration of the reservoirs themselves?

What do you guys think?

Edited by Theoskoom