Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

(The Jovian Concord: Update 25) Wisp Feedback

[DE]Danielle

On 2019-05-31 at 9:48 AM, (XB1)GearsMatrix301 said:

Ok I’ll bite. What exactly is it about the sun laser created by portals is so unfitting for the portal frame?

Cos ppl keep think she's a ghost frame,  I guess?

IMO, to those who hold such a view, just color her sol gate to some other color and you get whatever ghostly frame you want. Like maybe green for some ectoplasmic beam

8 hours ago, Cadrua said:

Yeah, I do realize Wil-o-Wisp's ability to cloak you and trigger a secondary Breach Surge, but my point is, its short duration doesn't give you a wide window to safely do whatever it is you need to do, and while its aggro drawing range isn't dramatic, I've sometimes seen enemies completely ignore it even if the clone passes right beside them.

Yeah I've seen enemies ignore it altogether (which is why I said they'll just wander off into a different direction). I definitely think it's a little buggy. I like the short duration though, because I like being able to recast it without getting teleported off the map. If it had a longer duration, it would be nice if we could make the slow version stay in the spot we're targeting so we don't fly off the map. That might make the experience feel a lot smoother for many people.

furthermore, Wisp can also throw off enemies' aim whenever she jumps, so that'd already provide an escape solution.

Yeah but you need to be constantly jumping for that. It also won't make you invulnerable to an AoE splash party, like teleporting with will-o-wisp does. You also can't jump while you're using sol gate, but you can use her 2 which would make you invisible and thus allow a safe payload-delivery of star-plasma. (You can shoot her sun-lazer, while being invisible, and not get killed off by high lvl enemies)

If Wil-o-Wisp's duration and aggro range are increased, coupled with some possible additional synergies with the Motes and Sol Gate (such as casting the clone on teammates to deliver them Mote buffs at range, and having the clone project a damaging field around itself when Sol Gate is active), that'd give the ability more strategic uses.

Her agro definitely needs some tweaks, and does seem buggy. Delivering a payload of buffs at range sounds awesome tbh. It would work great with a long duration will-o-wisp that could stay in one spot. But her 2 already essentially has a damaging field with her 4:

use her will-o-wisp > breach surge > Portal to stellar-lazer>  sparks from her breach surge will fly all over the place, and kill everything when compounded with her lazer.  Breach surge's sparks have a 100% chance to proc, when using her sol gate. 

Although it would be MUCH smoother if we could also use Breach Surge, while casting Sol Gate. 

Edited by Maka.Bones

The Situation:

I was running around with Growing Power (GP) and Energy Conversion (EC) on wisp and started to cast her 1st abilities and I notice that even with both GP and EC status is on sometimes the buff that I receive wasn't consistant. Sometimes I get more HP/ATKSPD but sometimes I get less. Why?

The Bug:

I thought at first when you cast the reservoir (and thus use up the EC) it will take a snapshot of the current STR that wisp have, but this is not the case. Even if you drop the reservoir with no GP, EC and even PAX Bolt buff online, it can still give you maximum buff so long as you have the status of of GP, EC and Bolt on AS YOU TAKE THE RESERVOIR BUFF. 

12 hours ago, Maka.Bones said:

I keep seeing people dissing there shock mote, so I want to voice why I actually appreciate it. 

1) it tells me when there are enemies near me (and in what direction)

2) it stops them, and sets them up for an easy headshot

3) the brief paralysis has saved my ass many times

4) it clears brood mother larvas

5) it sounds & looks cool. 

The only things I don't like about it, is that I can't use it during a spy mission or I'll give myself away. And some enemies don't get paralyzed by it. 

Agree with the above. Have noticed people complaining ingame in error sometimes about the shock mote hanging up mobs in missions. It doesn't do that any more than maim, miasma or half a dozen other aoe CC, and does it less so than lots of CC. Mostly, some of the -maps themselves- have a tendency to hang up mobs (Looking at you raised platform Earth, Mars, etc. defense tiles, and at some point in time Akkad tile started hanging up mobs) and those MAPS need to be fixed.

Edited by Buttaface
  • Like 4

First up, great job with Wisp, DE! I LOVE Wisp.

Two suggested minor changes:

1. Allow Growing Power to overwrite a reservoir - similar to how a stronger Wisp can overwrite another Wisp's reservoir. Of course only when Growing Power procs and you cast a reservoir.

2. Get rid of the "running" style for melee and archguns, and just keep the "floating" style for everything. When Wisp is floating I feel like I'm skating. When you melee you switch to running mode and I find it jarring. Not sure why since your moving at the same speed, but floating feels so good.

Apart from those 2 minor changes, Wisp is great!

• Like 1

Here're my 3 little things Wisp:

1. jump -> hold aim -> dodge -> you're running in midair now;
  2. floating animations for every her movement types would be appreciated;
  3. maybe Shock Mote should restore energy in some way?

bonus: there're some shading artifacts on her hips.

So, now that we have Wisp (who is so FREAKING overpowered as to make many frames obsolete, such as Volt with Speed and Shock, Vauban with Tesla Grenades, Chroma with Fire Elemental Ward, and the list goes on!) can we go back and buff older frames to be fun again? Because she's broken compared to the oldies and that's why people are loving her. Show some love to the old frames before people start to cry for a rightfully deserved nerf if she stays so much stronger than every other frame.

3 hours ago, Cradicias said:

So, now that we have Wisp (who is so FREAKING overpowered as to make many frames obsolete, such as Volt with Speed and Shock, Vauban with Tesla Grenades, Chroma with Fire Elemental Ward, and the list goes on!) can we go back and buff older frames to be fun again?

Duuude.... not cool man. No need to diss on wisp, just because you want vauban to be buffed!

Volt's speed buff is still greater, and also offers reload speed (which wisp does not) and his shock CC/damage is much greater than wisp's... Like it covers almost an entire map, meanwhile wisp's might cover 30m at most--and only procs when enemies enter/exit your aoe, so lots of range is actually counterintuitive... and it also only hits 5 enemies

Vauban needed a buff long before wisp came into the picture. Though he's still much better at CC than wisp... he just *only* does that, meanwhile wisp has a lot of versatility (but she doesn't do any *one* thing better than anyone else... ghost-of-all-trades)

Chroma... well chroma is still strong AF; i'm not sure how you see that wisp is stronger than him. Do i really need to explain how he's superior to wisp in many of the endgame contents/scenarios? 

Please explain how this list goes on, because from what i've experiences wisp's strength mainly lies in her versatility and synergies. She doesn't do any one thing better than another warframe... Her kit & stats have many weaknesses, but they compliment each other well enough to compensate for her weaknesses. This makes her all around balanced in her skillset, and she feels really fun to play. She's able to hold her own and kill enemies, while being tons of fun and not overshadowing teammates. The only thing she's better at, might be at being more fun to play. So how does that make her "FREAKING overpowered"?

Edited by Maka.Bones
  • Like 1

On 2019-05-30 at 5:44 PM, BabyKurama said:

Equipped melee - When you have melee equipped Wisp uses the regular walking animation as everyone else. It would be nice when you moved around with melee in hand that she used her custom animations then 2. 

At this point, I would be happy if they gave an option to use the unarmed idle pose and animation set while using melee (this is technically possible with the codex scanner, but you have to re-equip it every time)

Is her slide animation the same as everyone elses too?.... Playstation, we get everything last... Would be nice at least her jumping effect of being sorta invisiblish would also be impacted on her slide...or atleast something cool like a foggy mist surrounding her while she's sliding but probably not huh...

16 hours ago, Blexander said:

Speaking of Wisp's 4th ability,

It's supposed to deal rad and heat damage right? How come it procs corrosive, I don't remember seeing it in the description nor anywhere else pre-launch?

Haste Mote would give you the Corrosive Damage for Sol Gate.

Edited by GPrime96

I'm almost 100% sure this has already been said but I just found this thread and 26 pages is a lot for my tiny chimp brain:

Wisp's Breach Surge is wholly underwhelming in my honest opinion.
It could be argued this is more "the core of her kit" than the motes are, due to everything having synergy with it, and it has enormous glaring issues:

1) 10% chance to release sparks
Why? This is where the majority of her kit's damage is, and it's locked behind an unchanging stat. And yes, while sol gate pumps that 10% up to 100%, you can't use breach surge with sol gate, non-wisp allies can't use sol gate, and sol gate has an enormous energy drain

2) Will not release sparks on killing blows
Now I have 2 reasons that I think explain why this is here, first is so sparks don't kill other enemies making more sparks, which I'm going to assume DE sees as overpowered, and second is because of covert lethality, which honestly I can understand. But when a lot of weapons one-shot enemies anyway this just seems like it's gating Breach Surge's viability for early game clear.

3) Entirely radiation damage
Speaks for itself really, I get that it's the whole wisp theme of bringing in the sun and dealing damage with the sun's radiation but surely you could at least have it do heat damage too, but it makes the sparks much, much less effective on enemies such as the entire infested faction.

For an ability with such promise as a chain-reaction based damage ability it's somewhat of a shame it's being held back by it's nigh complete inability to spread by arbitrarily low and unmodifiable percentages.

Edited by Disrevoid

Honestly though those walking melee animations are really weird.
I'm trying my best not to notice it, but it's really setting me off since I've been floating the whole time with my guns then when I press E...
To add insult to injury, she doesn't have feet. That just breaks the whole gig of her floating when using her guns. This is also a big concern due to the fact that she excels well with melee dew to Breach Surge so some if not most people usually uses her as a tank with a strong melee weapon. 

Her skills are all nice which synergize well w/each other. Her theme revolves around the term "will-o-wisp" i suppose. A swamp/marsh gas light which was commonly mistaken as a ghost. She does bring those qualities aesthetically and i just don't understand what's the sun and pixie dusts gotta do with all those but yea whatever you want DE. She looks and feels good to use and I guess that's all that matters the most.... except for the MELEE ANIMATIONS.

Edited by Tomric

I like her 4th ability and think that portal to the Sun is rather rad, butt:

• It needs to have a higher tick rate. OR maybe make it so that when channeling it's increased. Damage should be reduced accordingly ofc.
  • It would also be nice if it lowered your mouse sensitivity so you can't spin it around like a madman, at least when channeling the ability.
  • IMO Shock Mote should provide magnetic damage/procs instead of a damage increase. I mean, Sun is known for it's magnetic field.
  • Also would be nice if there was some kind of rift-like effect around the "Sun ball" since right now it feels more like you just spawn the tiny Sun, instead of opening a portal to it.

19 hours ago, Buttaface said:

Agree with the above. Have noticed people complaining ingame in error sometimes about the shock mote hanging up mobs in missions. It doesn't do that any more than maim, miasma or half a dozen other aoe CC, and does it less so than lots of CC. Mostly, some of the -maps themselves- have a tendency to hang up mobs (Looking at you raised platform Earth, Mars, etc. defense tiles, and at some point in time Akkad tile started hanging up mobs) and those MAPS need to be fixed.

What these people also forget is that it's on Wisps user to have enough brains to NOT use the Shock Mote on leveling maps. No one forces them to place Shock Motes every time. They might as well place more Vitality and Haste motes across the map to support their teammates. And 25% increase to Sol Gate is not as crucial as one would think, especially on leveling maps where enemies die if you just glare at them.

Edited by Lone_Dude

2 hours ago, Lone_Dude said:

What these people also forget is that it's on Wisps user to have enough brains to NOT use the Shock Mote on leveling maps. No one forces them to place Shock Motes every time. They might as well place more Vitality and Haste motes across the map to support their teammates. And 25% increase to Sol Gate is not as crucial as one would think, especially on leveling maps where enemies die if you just glare at them.

this makes absolutely no sense. if you are talking about Defense, you've already failed if there isnt atleast one AoE frame in the group. shock mote doesnt make things slower. poor placement of shock mote might.

i have never run into a problem of shock mote being an issue of slowing enemies. on survival i place grouping in only 2 rooms. and they are the rooms i move between while killing. on defense i place them only on the pod. same for excavation, defection, salvage.

shock mote is not a problem.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Disrevoid said:

I'm almost 100% sure this has already been said but I just found this thread and 26 pages is a lot for my tiny chimp brain:

Wisp's Breach Surge is wholly underwhelming in my honest opinion.
It could be argued this is more "the core of her kit" than the motes are, due to everything having synergy with it, and it has enormous glaring issues:

1) 10% chance to release sparks
Why? This is where the majority of her kit's damage is, and it's locked behind an unchanging stat. And yes, while sol gate pumps that 10% up to 100%, you can't use breach surge with sol gate, non-wisp allies can't use sol gate, and sol gate has an enormous energy drain

2) Will not release sparks on killing blows
Now I have 2 reasons that I think explain why this is here, first is so sparks don't kill other enemies making more sparks, which I'm going to assume DE sees as overpowered, and second is because of covert lethality, which honestly I can understand. But when a lot of weapons one-shot enemies anyway this just seems like it's gating Breach Surge's viability for early game clear.

3) Entirely radiation damage
Speaks for itself really, I get that it's the whole wisp theme of bringing in the sun and dealing damage with the sun's radiation but surely you could at least have it do heat damage too, but it makes the sparks much, much less effective on enemies such as the entire infested faction.

For an ability with such promise as a chain-reaction based damage ability it's somewhat of a shame it's being held back by it's nigh complete inability to spread by arbitrarily low and unmodifiable percentages.

You should experiment with it more. It is extremely powerful in combination with fast weapons that proc high dmg per tic procs, especially fast condition overload melee. TTK with such weapons is not quite as fast as Saryn 3-1-4 TTK, the fastest TTK I have found on high level armor, but not far off...and it's a radial blind too. After more hours of simulacrum and missions yesterday, I believe Wisp shock mote/surge TTK on higher level armor surpasses high str Rhino Roar, Nezha disc, Banshee Sonar, Ember F Accelerant, previously the close second tier behind Saryn in terms of TTK buffing. Haven't tested some other buffs, M Prime for example. Wisp's 3 is plenty powerful, especially for a frame with so much support and utility.

A few of the better weapons among many tried include gas Phantasma, Ignis W, Glaxion V, Synapse with Hunter Munitions, hybrid BR/CO gas/slash zaw, very many possibilities. Enhanced by Surge, Well-built and equipped TTK on 8 packs of live, firing 165 gunners is well under 10 seconds... with -gas- slash melee. To repeat... -gas- melee... on 165 armor. And the wisp, unlike other frames, takes little/no damage due to the mote and surge CC. Slow weapons? Not a good choice for synergy with Wisp 3.

Back to the topic, the ult remains underwhelming and way too energy intensive given its damage. Sure, you can use the synergies to buff it, then spend all your energy killing slowly and get staggered... or kill whole packs of very high level stuff in seconds with some of the weapons mentioned above while spending 0 energy. At present it's like having a weak radiation/heat option in the weapon kit for funsies. Not a good ultimate, one of the worst. As stated, fine with this as the frame is extremely good otherwise. Nothing is perfect and the frame would be even more OP with a  very strong ult.

Edited by Buttaface
  • Like 1