Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

(The Jovian Concord: Update 25) Wisp Feedback

[DE]Danielle

Short answer? BIG NO

Long answer :

1. The reservoir are stationary and only has 6 charges, a 4 player squad already consumes 4 charges when used once.

2. What do you mean made other support frames irrelevant? Trinity can just spam bless that gives instant full health and damage reduction. Oberon can grant healing and flat armor buff to his teammates (a lifesaver for squishy frames).

Please, don’t make wisp be another ember. 

I am suspecting that the OP is here just to troll and trigger community outrage.

Edited by DrivaMain
  • Like 1

Heya. So defo my new fav frame. Awesome work. Couple of issues though.

First, her 2 should scale in speed with her, cause when Im all speedy and whatnot, Im finding myself outrunning the held version of the ability, kinda making it a little less useful for mobility.

Second, teh breach teleport, could you allow it to go through all objects? Just give it a limited range for the teleport, cause targeting them is a night mare let alone with line of sight. Theres too much going on in the environment that gets in the way.

Her 4 feels like it does a little less damage than it should with 3 motes, but I need to play more before I stick to this one.

Anyway, ty again for making  such a baller frame!

13 hours ago, SquareVisual said:

Alright, wisp is amazing, but she could be even better! She has one HUUUGE downside... cosmetically: any bright color will completly blind you when using her sun beam... abd that's it really...

Now for some improvements! 

Will-o-wisp: range mods increase the speed of the ghost, making you wait less and giving the ability that little bit of quickness that would elevate it to greatest movement ability ever (not counting nova, that's cheating!)

Breach surge: opening enemies to finishers would make this ability top tier, especially with a dagger

Sol gate: damage is good, feels amazing to use, buuuuut.... come on... it's a beam of pure sun energy... it needs punch trought!

Conclusion: wisp is a great success! With small buffs, she'll be able to enter the meta without much resistance!

Just wanted to put in a cheeky note, titania is the fastest frame in the game rn xD

I will challenge anyone who disagrees to a race across the orb vallis xD

51 minutes ago, Danivus said:

I realise that reworking every melee animation isn't practical, but perhaps the middle ground could be that the normal melee animations play for attacks, but she still uses her floating walk/sprint animations when just moving with a melee weapon out? I don't see how that would be difficult to implement. 

Yes. This.

she plays nicer than what the previews from dev streams looked like for sure, but there are some points which should be considered:

her passive is awesome, cant complain. if a player stays on the run and jumps/bulletjumps, maybe even has rolling guard and/or adaptation and arcanes then she can survive quite well.

her buffs are real nice, nothing to complain directly right here.

her will-o is fine, but i feel like it should be affected by her own sprint speed and sprint buffs. i also think its cost should be reduced during sol gate.

her 3 could use 2-3m more base range and the chance for a breach spark feels way too low. i think it should be high enough to mod it to 100% if we wanted to.

sol gate...fun to use, more than i thought but it could really really use unlimited punch through against enemies and some more dmg instances. not more total damage but more single damage instances of less dmg than currently. this would really improve its effectivity against higher lvled enemies with armor since corr would be able to procc more often in less time. rad proccs dont care anyway and heat...well, since when did heat proccs matter in terms of damage so...

vor 13 Stunden schrieb SquareVisual:

Conclusion: wisp is a great success! With small buffs, she'll be able to enter the meta without much resistance!

uhm, no...she wont be anywhere close to a "meta" frame, so to say...and she doesnt have to. even if she is supposed to she would require some INSANE buffs to scratch that group of frames.

Edited by Xydeth

2 minutes ago, Aeinzz said:

Right now, if team have 2 or more Wisp use Reservoir other will pick up the first casted buff. How about change it from pick the first casted to pick up the strongest buff? 

THIS

PLEASE

Im sick of having the strongest wisp on the field bu only getting 30 hp/s instead of 82 hp/s xD

Please fix this DE

Edited by SupernovaSymphony

On 2019-05-22 at 11:38 PM, [DE]Danielle said:

If you have a bug to report, please post it in the dedicated Bug Report Megathread for Update 25: https://forums.warframe.com/topic/1094905-the-jovian-concord-update-25-bug-report-megathread/

This thread will be used to house your feedback on the newest Warframe from The Jovian Concord: Update 25: Wisp!

Float through the halls of the Gas City as the unseen helping hand. Her light-based Abilities provide support to allies, while her unique Passive makes her invisible in the air. Defeat the Ropalolyst to earn our 40th Warframe. Learn more about her abilities here: 

PASSIVE: PHASED
Flowing between dimensions Wisp becomes invisible to enemies while in the air.

RESERVOIRS
Choose and summon a Reservoir filled with Motes that attach to and aid Wisp and her allies.  Haste Mote grants increased movement and attack speed. Vitality Mote increases maximum health and heals over time. Shock Mote stuns nearby enemies.

WIL-O-WISP
Cast forward a spectral image of Wisp to confuse and distract enemies. Reactivate to travel to its position.   Hold to have the image travel faster and teleport to its position on release.

BREACH SURGE
Open a dimensional breach to overwhelm nearby enemies and cause them to release aggressive Surge sparks when damaged.

SOL GATE
Open a portal to the sun to irradiate enemies with a devastating beam of pure solar plasma.

Before posting feedback on Wisp be sure to spend enough time with her in different missions! Once you feel you have handle on what she’s all about, and would like to share your thoughts, here is a fast guide from a Dev side to write good, useful feedback:

Reveal hidden contents

1. Keep it simple

• Write simple, directed points about the topic you feel strongly about. Remember to be constructive and to the point.

2. Back it up

• Support your points with concrete points. X has better stats than Y. This ability is less useful when considering X. Provide in-game situational evidence or a solid foundation for your argument to rest upon.

3. Be polite

• The best feedback occurs when two people discuss opposing viewpoints to find a constructive middle ground. Discussion is a natural part of feedback! Ensuring that it is polite and without personal attacks is key. We’re far less inclined to listen to feedback filled with personal attacks and rude speech. We are all trying our best!

We look forward to hearing your thoughts on Wisp! 

Hello DE i would like to say something wisp 3rd ability doesn't do what it says 
1st the stun duration it doesn't work like the specific time mentioned ex : i have 24 sec stun it stuns only 3 sec -4 sec umm can we get a stun like minimum 7/10 sec enough time to reposition.
2nd the damage multiplier doesn't work like it says i have 3.6 dmg multiplier i have tested it with unmodded mlee/primary/secondary also tested it with SOL GATE did not notice anything different.
Ty again for the update loved it ❤️ and PLEASE LOOK INTO WISP'S 3RD ABILITY TY.

• Like 1

On 2019-05-24 at 10:28 AM, Lycangel said:

--snip--

That might just make her feel like most other "basic concept" warframes... 

TLDR: It feels like you're trying to make wisp simpler, but there are already other support frames which work like what you described. So making her too simple might actually ruin the experience of playing with her. She's already very effective, versatile, and fun as she is; drastic changes seem unnecessary atm. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I would suggest to just let us use all three motes at the same time somehow, to save time from cycling. But being able to pick & place what/where we want is also very useful. I make a lot of use of the shock mote so I really like it. 

I find myself using Will-o-Wisp a lot for movement, for crowd mitigation, and for crowd control with her 3. That ability is great for me, except it could go faster (maybe let its *held* speed with the movement speed buff we get from the green buff)

Her breach surge isn't meant for damage. It's meant for crowd control, and damage AMPLIFICATION. Not all abilities/AoEs need to be DPS. It would be cool if we could teleport through objects though. I think what DE did with this ability works pretty amazingly, I just wish it affected more targets. 

Sol Gate could maybe use a faster tick rate, or faster corrosive procs. Giving it heat and rad damage keeps it from being absolutely OP though. 

(Sorry If I sound snobby/mean, I just REALLY LIKE HER AS SHE IS!!! SHE'S SO FUN IT HURTS DX. Some of her synergies could still feel a little smoother though)

Edited by Maka.Bones

1 hour ago, SupernovaSymphony said:

Heya. So defo my new fav frame. Awesome work. Couple of issues though.

First, her 2 should scale in speed with her, cause when Im all speedy and whatnot, Im finding myself outrunning the held version of the ability, kinda making it a little less useful for mobility.

Second, teh breach teleport, could you allow it to go through all objects? Just give it a limited range for the teleport, cause targeting them is a night mare let alone with line of sight. Theres too much going on in the environment that gets in the way.

Her 4 feels like it does a little less damage than it should with 3 motes, but I need to play more before I stick to this one.

Anyway, ty again for making  such a baller frame!

You can hold her 2, to make it move faster, but I agree with the rest

Edited by Maka.Bones

I don’t know if it’s been mentioned, but Fulmin, the primary that comes with Wisp. When changing from Semi you auto, wisp holds onto the barrel and the arm clips through the rifle. Very evident if you press esc in a mission while set to auto. It kinda looks like an energy drink.

16 hours ago, Ced23Ric said:

unknown.png

Reservoirs doesn't need any kind of buff, it's already mental.

Only thing they could use, is if we had a way to quickly cast all 3 in succession. Maybe not all three at once just for them to cycle automatically if we hold 1 down, so we can still pick how we place them

Just now, Maka.Bones said:

Only thing they could use, is if we had a way to quickly cast all 3 in succession. Maybe not all three at once just for them to cycle automatically if we hold 1 down, so we can still pick how we place them

A cool idea could be that the longer you hold the 1 down, the more you cast. Hold down for like, 2.5 secnds or w/e and it casts all three at once

31 minutes ago, SupernovaSymphony said:

A cool idea could be that the longer you hold the 1 down, the more you cast. Hold down for like, 2.5 secnds or w/e and it casts all three at once

That does sound cool. Also about her 2 moving faster, it would be cool if they made her "held" speed get buffed by her green mote, then it's at least faster than wisp

50 minutes ago, Maka.Bones said:

This is like, bare minimum. Only one of the buffs is anything to generally care about as anybody but Wisp. Pretty sure since Volt had a 5 alarm fit thrown over his 2 being an obligatory speed buff, this will get it's share of flak too. Attack speed is also just a "waste your bullets faster" buff. Even at a spectacular 100%, this is well below most other damage buffs in the game. Think Smite infusion. Now think if it just made you attack 100% faster instead of adding pure radiation damage.

16 minutes ago, Maka.Bones said:

That does sound cool. Also about her 2 moving faster, it would be cool if they made her "held" speed get buffed by her green mote, then it's at least faster than wisp

Lol yeah, they would have a long way to go. As it currently is it's stuck in a limbo of "people who want to use it to teleport need it fast" and "people who want it as a decoy need it slow". It should have never been both. Especially with a movement speed buff on the base frame. Anybody with a shotgun rifle is faster than her teleport. It should be either a teleport, or a decoy, not both. Or it should be more of a get me outta dodge type teleport than a directed one. Like her 3. Also her 3 needs to behave better as a teleport. A long way to go...

Edited by F8ted
Why did I think Amalgam Serration was on shotgun?
  • Like 1

37 minutes ago, SupernovaSymphony said:

no thanks. adding more unnecessary mechanics to a buff ability doesnt help. the need for an ability wheel already is meh. i dont see any problems with placing all 3 with 1 press or place 1 that has all 3 buffs in it. the problems i have with it is having to always hold > cycle > hold > cycle > hold. its quite annoying and slow. equinox has the same problem with metamorphosis deactivating and losing the charge of her 3 and 4.

all 3 of them tie into sol gate. so  as i stated in an earlier post, at no point in time do i not want all 3 buffs active.

13 minutes ago, EinheriarJudith said:

all 3 of them tie into sol gate. so  as i stated in an earlier post, at no point in time do i not want all 3 buffs active.

Actually yes there would be, because you might not want your shock motes to be placed in some places. 

Like when you want mobs to reach you faster, so you wouldn't want to use shock mote. Yet you still want an anchor point for quick teleportation, so you'd use something else instead.

I think that's part of the fun/challenge with using her though. Spread out all 3 motes across the map circuit, so you don't need them all in one spot but can keep buffs active. 

I do understand the allure of having them all activate at the same time. That would be nice too. What you said about "more unnecessary mechanics" also makes some sense because she has a lot more features than other frames. I enjoy the complexity, but I see why it's intimidating/annoying for others. Except that just because you don't use/enjoy it, doesn't mean it's "useless" to everyone. 

I still think that all buffs at 2.5s would give us all the options we're looking for though. Heck, most people didn't think they would want/like the motes, and now they like that ability the most. 

(I wish we had a "thinking face" reaction for your post... I sorta agree but sorta don't?)

Edited by Maka.Bones

1 minute ago, Maka.Bones said:

But why not both? How is it bad to have options? Lol

Idk I don't think she has a "long way to go" but she does feel like she has a steeper learning curve compared to easy/basic frames to use. 

Steeper learning curve... ha I had wondered what you would respond. Yes, a steeper learning curve to achieve <1/5 of the results. Trying harder to place buffs at every objective, or every time the wear off in Exterminate etc. Trying harder to teleport. Trying harder to stealth. Trying harder to heal. I wouldn't even try to get her abilities to do damage. All for what? Floatbutt? I mean sure, but I've been teleporting across maps since Nova dropped, so learning curve is no problem here. Literal numbers, which takes a mathematician, are half the problem. The other half is that her abilities are all chimeras, amalgamations, or whatever Frankenstein monster name you prefer of other Warframes abilities, to no cognitive point. Her 1 is Elemental Ward/Augmented Speed, her 2 is Decoy/Teleport/Rolling Dodge, her 3 is Radial Blind/Molecular prime, and her 4 is it's own thing for sure. It appears to have sounds from it's previous incarnation. I'll bold the ones that are any good, and should have been focused on in the design phase. Instead they are all hampered by the other half of the ability no one is using at the time.

Like her 3. It has only one reason it is LoS. They nerfed the crap out of Excalibur/Mirage back in Draco days by making blinds all LoS. Now, it causes enemies to derp for 3 out of it's claimed 16 seconds, and as long as they are not hitscan well, at least you do extra damage. If the motes track a nearby enemy in LoS. If it didn't have the bloody blind it would be 100% better nothing added. Indeed her 2. What if it just teleported you to your reticle? Or what if it placed a decoy for 15 seconds while you went invisible? It would be at least as good as Void Dash, or Decoy. Right now? It can't be either. 

Nah she is no where near done on the design table. She has to figure out what she is first. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Maka.Bones said:

Actually yes there would be, because you might not want your shock motes to be placed in some places. 

Like when you want mobs to reach you faster, so you wouldn't want to use shock mote. Yet you still want an anchor point for quick teleportation, so you'd use something else instead.

I think that's part of the fun/challenge with using her though. Spread out all 3 motes across the map circuit, so you don't need them all in one spot but can keep buffs active. 

I do understand the allure of having them all activate at the same time. That would be nice too. 

i dont have an issue of mobs not reaching me faster as i dont stand in one place not even on defense the stun also doesnt last that long. i also dont hear people complaining about this with volt whose discharge and shock reach are much wider than hers.

there is also the problem of having to cycle to recast to remove motes. again all im saying is that it is a sluggish annoyance. we can have stationary skills that feel good to use. reservoirs does not feel good to use.

Edited by EinheriarJudith