Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

[DE]Danielle

(The Jovian Concord: Update 25) Wisp Feedback

3 minutes ago, EinheriarJudith said:

making it slower will make it more cumbersome not more fluid.

Never said how fast or slow it should be 😕 . I would say no more than 1.5 - 2 seconds to be able to place all 3 reservoirs. That's definitely be quicker than placing all 3 individually. 

17 minutes ago, EchoesOfRain said:

Never said how fast or slow it should be 😕 . I would say no more than 1.5 - 2 seconds to be able to place all 3 reservoirs. That's definitely be quicker than placing all 3 individually. 

1.5-2 seconds of extra delay could also mean 3-4 seconds depending on host. i also didn't say anything about fast. i said more cumbersome and less fluid. i dont want to have to be forced into using natural talent for something that can easily be fixed by removing an unnecessary ability wheel.

After a couple of formas on her and having tried her on multiple sorties and mission types, i gotta say in general she is very fun. Here are my thoughts per power:

PASSIVE: PHASED
Flowing between dimensions Wisp becomes invisible to enemies while in the air.

- Solid passive, helps alot with survivability.

RESERVOIRS
Choose and summon a Reservoir filled with Motes that attach to and aid Wisp and her allies.  Haste Mote grants increased movement and attack speed. Vitality Mote increases maximum health and heals over time. Shock Mote stuns nearby enemies.

- Great power, all the reservoirs are useful. Love it.

WIL-O-WISP
Cast forward a spectral image of Wisp to confuse and distract enemies. Reactivate to travel to its position.   Hold to have the image travel faster and teleport to its position on release.

- Could do with being a bit faster overall for teleport uses. Most situations wisp is faster than her shadow. other than that solid survival ability.

BREACH SURGE
Open a dimensional breach to overwhelm nearby enemies and cause them to release aggressive Surge sparks when damaged.

- This one i like overall and the teleport to Reservoirs is useful. The surge sparks however, even at 240 Str i rarely see them. maybe up the chance for them a bit?

- I also find that visually the ability description does not match the power at all. what it looks like is multiple tiny wisps assaulting enemies like tinkerbell would leaving them blinded. Would fit her so much better than a dimensional breach.

SOL GATE
Open a portal to the sun to irradiate enemies with a devastating beam of pure solar plasma.

- I like how it looks and concept is cool.

- Too pinpoint to actually be useful, considering how much energy it consumes.

- Both Ignis Wraith and Atomos are better than it (maybe other beam weapons, but these two are my go to) especially when factoring the mote buff, which should be on all the time, and without costing energy which is better spent on other powers. Sol Gate only acts like a cool looking beam weapon, without actually being as powerful or useful like a beam weapon.

- Personal Gripe, i get the portal opening matches how reservoirs are summoned and the written intent for breach surge, however i just cant see it applying thematically to wisp.

- How i would like the power to have been. A summon power which summons a golem visually similar to the reservoirs. each of the reservoir would enhance the summon much like they do to the beam. Would act like a support. having all three reservoirs on it would make it a mobile reservoir on top of its buffs.

- How i would enhance the current ability. Make its damage work like a beam weapon, not being tied to tick per sec and change what the reservoirs do. instead of a flat damage boost by having both the red and green, i would change the green to increase the Fire Rate and leave the Red for DMG. would better fit thematically.

Thank you for reading. and thank you for adding yet another fun addition to our ever growing roster.

7 minutes ago, EinheriarJudith said:

1.5-2 seconds of extra delay could also mean 3-4 seconds depending on host. i also didn't say anything about fast or slow. i said more cumbersome and less fluid. i dont want to have to be forced into using natural talent for something that can easily be fixed by removing an unnecessary ability wheel.

So if I'm understanding this right, by "unnecessary ability wheel" you think Wisp should cast just one reservoir that grants all 3 buffs? 

My idea for being able to cast all 3 reservoirs at once does nothing at all to the current implementation of the skill. It simply adds a quicker way to get all 3 buffs at once, if the player desires it. It does not slow down anything, the player would still be able to cast a single reservoir at the exact same speed they can right now in game. 

Passive: Fun little passive to try and get enemies off of you in a pinch, but overall isn't anything too special. If it came with some kind of bonus to help her be airborne a little more, it'd be more interesting. 

1st: Good support ability, I just wish the haste one was attack/reload speed instead of just attack. Would help it be a bit more useful to small magazine weapons.

2nd: It doesn't feel like the distraction part on this works properly or has a limited range or something. Enemies often look at it for a brief moment, then forget it exists. Otherwise, it works well as a movement ability while providing Wisp a way to get out of sticky situations. 

3rd: I'm not sure if this ability even works. The blind doesn't seem to do anything most of the time, and the few times I've seen a spark generated, it did single digit damage. Blinded enemies still seem capable of moving/attacking, and the Spark damage rarely happens, and never seems to do appreciable damage when it does.

4th: Firstly, this ability suffers from a few bugs. If you fall off a platform or something while its active, it gets stuck that way. It also does not seem to do anything to Eximis units. Secondly, its a bit underwhelming. Its hard to hit multiple enemies with it unless firing down a corridor and for its high energy cost, there are WAY more effective damage options on other frames. The beam could do with being a bit wider and even with all the buffs from the 1, its damage just isn't enough to make me want to use it. 

Overall, the frame has a solid idea, it just needs some bug fixes and maybe a buff or two to put it on par with some of the other frames that see constant use.

1 minute ago, EchoesOfRain said:

So if I'm understanding this right, by "unnecessary ability wheel" you think Wisp should cast just one reservoir that grants all 3 buffs? 

My idea for being able to cast all 3 reservoirs at once does nothing at all to the current implementation of the skill. It simply adds a quicker way to get all 3 buffs at once, if the player desires it. It does not slow down anything, the player would still be able to cast a single reservoir at the exact same speed they can right now in game. 

either that or 1 mote that has all three buffs. the cycling is an annoyance especially when playing for a long period of time in a mission, a problem that can happen is instead of press hold charge you cycle instead. ability wheels are not my favorite in this game neither is charging or any kind of press an hold. it slows the flow and pace of what you are trying to do imo. often times they make no sense like fireballs charge or tempest barrage charge.

its just the one thing in her kit i find it could just do without.

3 minutes ago, EinheriarJudith said:

either that or 1 mote that has all three buffs. the cycling is an annoyance especially when playing for a long period of time in a mission, a problem that can happen is instead of press hold charge you cycle instead. ability wheels are not my favorite in this game neither is charging or any kind of press an hold. it slows the flow and pace of what you are trying to do imo. often times they make no sense like fireballs charge or tempest barrage charge.

its just the one thing in her kit i find it could just do without.

Ah okay, so you just don't like the charge-based/ability wheel systems in general. I can understand that much. Wanna talk about useless charge systems? Tailwind's Hover enrages me...

Anyways, I doubt that DE will change Reservoir that drastically, putting all 3 motes into a single cast of Reservoir instead of individual cycled buffs, so I am going to have to stand by my mock-up concept

14 minutes ago, Corvinna said:

3rd: I'm not sure if this ability even works. The blind doesn't seem to do anything most of the time, and the few times I've seen a spark generated, it did single digit damage. Blinded enemies still seem capable of moving/attacking, and the Spark damage rarely happens, and never seems to do appreciable damage when it does

I think that's just the nature of how blinds work. Enemies can still hear and will attack according to where gunfire came from (I believe that's how it works at least, similar to shooting while invisible).

Armor mitigation is a b****

21 minutes ago, Corvinna said:

3rd: I'm not sure if this ability even works. The blind doesn't seem to do anything most of the time, and the few times I've seen a spark generated, it did single digit damage. Blinded enemies still seem capable of moving/attacking, and the Spark damage rarely happens, and never seems to do appreciable damage when it does.

it definitely works. sparks are 100% the status chance is for if they cause a proc when they hit. it will not create sparks if enemies are too far out of range of each other or if they enemy you hit dies from that hit, sparks do not clip through geometry so if you are in tight rooms they just fly into the ceiling.

48 minutes ago, Nosferagon said:

- How i would like the power to have been. A summon power which summons a golem visually similar to the reservoirs. each of the reservoir would enhance the summon much like they do to the beam. Would act like a support. having all three reservoirs on it would make it a mobile reservoir on top of its buffs.

Summonable AI companions have never been useful for anything more than drawing enemy fire. Even Atlas’s golems are useless past level 30. Replacing the sun beam with a golem would honestly just make Wisp worse.

Il y a 22 heures, F8ted a dit :

@DeVieEtMort Woah, does that mean the tic rate can be gamed by simply moving it off an onto an enemy? Well there you have it folks. That's how it does damage. Kind of cool but I can't remotely see how that's intentional. 

My hypothesis is that tic rate is an "internal timer," so you cheat the timer by setting it off on multiple targets sequentially.

However, I remember reading that as long as it is hitting something, the damage increases, so maybe that also comes into play.

I don't have conclusive evidence to prove that (seems too much work, especially with the effects).

1 thing I forgot  wisp buffs dont stack with othere wisps while oberon can do 100+ heatlh/s x 4 + 500+ armor x 4 if you run 4 oberons. So saying wisp healing is op when oberon can run more then 4 times the stronger heal if false.

Nothing of what you stated OP is overpowered at all. Other frames can buff over 300hp and 30hp/s (chroma, nidus), haste buff? (harrow, valkyr, volt). You seem to forget about octavia as well which is a far superior buff frame then wisp.

So no, doesnt need a nerf.

I, too, agree that all frames should be made worse instead of buffing frames up to equal levels of power. /s

On 2019-05-25 at 3:21 AM, Buzlok said:

outdo multiple other frames in their respective specialties with only a single ability

You mention three warframes while focusing on only one aspect of each of said warframes, and also admit that she doesn't outdo one of them.

Like, how does Wisp even outdo Harrow's specialty of invulnerability, crit buffs, and energy regen, by having a stronger fire rate buff?

On 2019-05-24 at 6:21 PM, Buzlok said:

-snip-

Get out of here with your nerf bat! One Warframe does not, I repeat DOES NOT, make others irrelevant. So take your unpopular opinions elsewhere. No nerfs needed here.

Here's a list of reasons not to use Wisp over other support

Spoiler

Chroma - %based damage and eHP buffs

Equinox - power strength buff, burst healing, stronger CC

Frost - stationary barriers

Gara - damage reduction, stationary barriers

Harrow - invulnerability, crit buff, reload speed buff, energy regen,

Limbo - powerful area control

Oberon - status effect cleansing, instant revive mechanic, easier to keep the healing up for when the group scatters

Octavia - damage buff, invisibility

Trinity - energy regen, burst healing, damage reduction

On 2019-05-25 at 3:18 AM, seprent said:

my yes was to his question of may we start a chain my no was my addition to the chain 

tbh im perfectly fine with wisp just wish she didnt blind me with that sun of hers when i fry and enemy abit too close to me ik its a sun but id the ability to see were im aiming the fecking thing 

When you find your bf throwing shade at your high tier wisp gameplay of lasering his face. SMH.

On 2019-05-24 at 6:21 PM, Buzlok said:

The new warframe Wisp is an incredibly well made frame that is also extremely well rounded, but her numbers on her first ability are too good. Primarily I am talking about her motes.

“Oh my god they made a support warframe that does support, nerf her quickly.” - this is what you just said from your post.

you should rethink what you said, instead of arguing for a nerf for her, you should be arguing for a buff on the other support warframes like Trinity or Oberon.

Maybe you also forgotten that there is another “overpowered” support warframe known as Octavia.

Just no.

the fear of “being too good” is probably what has kept the last few frames from reaching top tier (except Revenant, bad decisions made him).

Few problems, she walks normally when she aims, holds melee, she lands on her feet after falling from a high spot. These are problematic because, firstly, she has no feet and is missing most of her thighs, secondly, her floating animation isn't really floating if she walks normally most of the time. Would be nice to have a little tweak to make her constantly float no matter what.

To start, No, she is fairly crap, her only saving grace is her 1st.  But before I go into the counter argument, let start with her 2-4.

Her 2, I am neutral on, however the fact its only a slow moving mirror of yourself that you can repress 2 to teleport is kinda... useless while you can simply bullet jump over and it be faster.

Her 3, Honestly any other blind abilities can out perform this... casting it seem to have projectile that blind enemy with a gimmick of a base of 20% to proc a half ass Pax Seeker.  Now you can synergize it with her 2 for doubling the affect, or teleporting to one of her 1's mote to double its range.  Even then I never really bother using it unless a ally is down and need support to be res however you can simply just use operator form for cheese void mode res.  But back to the blind, it not a instant affect like most other blinds, because it seem to be projectile based seeking blind, it has travel time which mean just that 0.5 second of waiting the enemy probably is already killed by you or someone else which mean the half ass Pax Seeker never got a chance to proc.

Her 4, It just need a damage buff that all I can really think to make it better possibly 50% higher rank 30 base damage ie 1000/s to 1500/s since beam weapons are generally crap.  Granted her beam has aoe and has innate punch through, but the fact she struggle killing supposedly "high level" enemies aka 40s is a bit of a issue.

Ok with those abilities out of the way, her 1st, The ability seem to be purposely made this way to work well on large defense map, survival, excavation, disruption, and interception.  While normal gameplay such as capture or exterminate is pretty much useless.  Assassination is also pretty useless... unless your fighting a boss that is over 150 at least which mean you probably cannot 1 shot them, so yes then her 1 has some use, but other frame can out perform her still.

Vitality Mote - Give additional hp and regen.  This is basically a standalone renewal with half of a chroma heat buff which add hp.  That being said, not all that great, Chroma heat buff add hp and a fire aoe, your getting the hp increase that is it... while Oberon here renewal yes add hp regen however synergize with his 2nd aka Hallow Ground you get increased armor to your team which imo is far better because armor = damage reduction = scaling protection, then some small hp increase which your going to end up getting 1 shot regardless.  Now with all motes their stationary so you and your team is a bit constricted to learn and find your mote buffs which most player will never bother... ever.  While using oberon renewal + hallow ground, while yes its drain his energy, it does give your entire team full freedom of movement which is a far better QoL aspect.

Haste Mote - Increases fire rate of all weapons and increases movement speed.  Basically a stationary volt speed buff except it affect all weapon instead of just melee attack speed.  It also essentially a team style Harrow Penance which only give you the buff, however with Penance you get fire rate, reload speed, and damage conversion to hp aka life steal.  Again stationary so on map where you go from A (Start) to B (Exit) is pretty crappy and other frames can out perform her easily.

Shock Mote - Purely CC buff, it doesn't do any damage, even a small amount I would like to see, however this ability is basically a Mesa Shooting Gallery without the damage buff and limited target per proc.  

Additionally her motes, only give you the buff/refresh your current buff, it does not currently override a weaker wisp buff over to another wisp whose has a stronger version of said buff which is quite annoying.  Motes also does not do anything extra aside from providing you said buffs, so a shock mote will not shock near by enemy within its range, only proc if your the one carrying said buff.  Finally, they do not stack, granted this can be a bit too strong if this was the case with 1 wisp say were able to stack 6 vitality mote, or at the very least let other wisp buff to stack with different wisp, for that to work similar to most other support warframe, such as oberon with his renewal + hallow ground, if all player using oberon and going for a support build, u can have a absurd amount of regen and armor.

Basically Wisp 1 is ok, but any specialized warframe can out perform her, her 1 seem "strong" because its a mix bag of other warframe abilities, but with half of the stat.

Wh... What?

You're telling me that you have a problem with a warframe allowing her team to benefit from her powers, allowing everyone to enjoy it's benefits? 

You're telling me that you have a problem with a warframe that requires setup and attention, while allowing for creativity and fun? 

You're telling me that you have a problem with a frame providing benefits as minute as ''more health'' or ''more speed'', which are NEVER a negative in the slightest, and benefit you without being either obnoxious OR overkill? 

WHAT

Besides, where is her competition? Who is she overshadowing when it comes to support ? Octavia, who is broken as hell, and plays the game for you? Harrow, who is mostly a fun-focused self-serving damage dealer? Trinity, who gives everyone infinite energy and the gift of immortality? Oberon, who tanks really well, heals everyone everywhere CONSTANTLY regardless of range AND strips armor? Chroma, the killer of titans? Rhino, who gives massive damage boosts to everyone's everything, and is nigh unkillable? Nezha, who has speed mixed with cc, ridiculously good augments and great survivability? WHO?! 

I... I JUST... WHAT?