Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

[DE]Danielle

(The Jovian Concord: Update 25) Wisp Feedback

Don't see any issue with the current numbers in all honesty...

It's a 'fixed location' buff plus a timer so not really useful on maps where you need to keep moving, you can't stack more than one of each mote either so it's never going to be excessive and it still will not stop you from being one shot at higher levels.

Considering how 'lacklustre' the rest of the kit is I'd rather see some changes to the other abilities rather than a nerf to the good one.

Reeks of poor thought process and understanding of the game even at a decent level.  Let's start picking it apart.

"No reason to spec into duration/dump strength."  Actually duration is stupid important for her.  Because will-o-wisp makes her invisible the entire time it's out.  Even if she's attacking.  Even her passive stealth normally breaks when attacking.  Duration is also important because she can place motes everywhere and teleport to them allowing her to both move around the map at incredible distances and also cc enemies upon arrival.  And since her motes are stationary you're not always going to be sitting in one.  So the longer someone can keep ahold of their buff before having to return to a mote the better.

"Oberon comparison."  Oberon's heal basically outclasses hers entirely because it's healing on the go for as long as he has energy.  He also couples that with an extended bleed out timer, an armor buff which matches or surpasses the EHP of the 300hp increase, and has an augment that can pick up an ally who goes down without oberon having to be there.  Further more Even Garuda's stationary heal is better because it heals in % chunks.  Meaning you are not needing to stay in one place for very long at all compared to wisps.

"Harrow comparison"  Firstly Harrow's rate of fire and reload speed bonus is self only.  Pennace benefit to allies is heal on kills.  And both surpass Haste/heals easily.  The more apt comparison would be octavia since she does boost weapon performance for allies.  Which i'd say Octavia wins at because in addition to giving multishot and a flat buff to melee weapons she also can make her entire squad perma invisible and then can even amp their damage further with her 4.

"wisp makes other supports irrelevant."  Trinity is still queen.  She gives high DR, can redirect damage to allies with a specialized build, insta heals to full, and gives unlimited energy.  wisp can't even give DR or energy to allies.  Octavia gives better survivability in lue of invisibility and stupid amounts of damage for all.  Wisp doesn't boost ally damage.  Hyldrin can give energy, cc enemies more consistently, and gives shield gating.  wisp can only cc via shock which needs to be layered with allies to make it constant and a blind which doesn't even open enemies to finishers. 

While Gara is not natively a support she can give 90% DR to her entire team including objectives.  etc.  This doesn't even touch on cc heavy frames either.  Wisp is fantastic because she offers a lot of different things.  She isn't the best at any one thing though.  The most impressive thing about her really just is how survivable she can be through a way we've not had in the game.  She's a bit of support, a bit of cc, and a bit of damage.  She can be compared to other jack-like warframes but she doesn't out shine them.  Nor does she replace any dedicated role hero in any end game runs.  We can praise DE for designing a hero that can actually be picked for end game things unlike Garuda.  And we can praise them for actual cohesive design with her kit.  Unlike Baruuk and hyldrin.  But she's no where near "powerful" status like those of octavia, trinity, and saryn.

2 hours ago, Sept3var said:

Nothing of what you stated OP is overpowered at all. Other frames can buff over 300hp and 30hp/s (chroma, nidus), haste buff? (harrow, valkyr, volt). You seem to forget about octavia as well which is a far superior buff frame then wisp.

So no, doesnt need a nerf.

I normally keep my mouth shut about people's opinions. And while many have great arguments...this one is irrelevant. Kit for kit should be examined and not 1 kit versus the whole roster. Example, while Chroma and Nidus can buff HP and HP/s they don't have a haste buff which Wisp does. Harrow has a selfish hp and haste sure. But volt and valkyr can't hp buff. So it makes you argument irrelevant. It would be a bit more understandable if you mentioned Wisp versus Harrow, Wisp versus Chroma, Wisp versus Valkyr, etc (since she is pretty much support I should have used support frames, but anyways). Its pointless to take a whole kit of one frame (knowing YOU can only play 1 frame) and compare them to selective kits of others. Sure meta comes into play but it will be extremely rare to find both your chosen frames to compare with Wisp in a coordinated group. Yes, harrow, chroma, and volt is one. But still, shaping a group around needs should be considered before blanket comparisons like this. But to each their own.  

Sorry I pointed you out as others done the same thing. No I don't agree to what OP is saying at all. Kit for kit Oberon alone wins. Kit for kit Trinity alone wins, kit for kit Octavia alone wins. Kit for kit, harrow alone wins. 

QUEST

Could be worse, most annoying part was the journey to the actual fight and the same dialogue EVERY time I did it... luckily not that many times.

BUILD COST

I have already said elsewhere about my opinion on hexenon having too low a drop rate and the reward in disruption being comically low. 

Other's will have said they had issues with nitain but in all honesty that's their own fault imo, we know we need nitain for stuff so not having any after nightwave was their own fault. 

PASSIVE: PHASED
Can't say I've noticed this, is it actually working?  I'll physically look for it next time I use her.

RESERVOIRS
The three reservoirs themselves are fine and the durations are fine when you leave but I'm kind of like what's the point in having three different reservoirs when we can only take one of each with us anyway, we might as well just have one reservoir that does all three things... 

The current 3 different reservoirs seem to be a left over from the original concept which would have been fine with 3 different reservoirs where we could take any combination but now seems rather redundant, especially when you are not doing a 'defence' map... every time we want to regain our buffs we need to press the button 6 times to get the buffs when it could instead have been just one press because there is no variation in the buffs we can have.

Could do with a slight 'range increase' for the reticle selection when trying to use with breach surge for a teleport, it's 'too precise' for a fast paced game. 

WIL-O-WISP
It's ok, kind of think it needs to move faster though.  The single press is no faster than wisp itself and in some cases is even slower.  Doesn't seem to do much distraction in all honesty either.

Invulnerability should be affected by mods imo, compared with some other frames it's not exactly a long period of time even if doubled.

Needs the 'revenant' treatment which allows us to move round things when we hold the button down as well imo.

BREACH SURGE
When it was first shown I was expecting this to 'surge' and damage enemies....

Honestly, as it is now this feels kind of 'meh'.  CC isn't long enough and it doesn't do any (or at least very little) damage which kind of goes against what DE said about CC without damage not really having a place in warframe anymore.   Could really do with improvements imo, at the very least it needs to lose line of sight requirements. 

SOL GATE

Honestly it's just weak, considering this is the 'sun' it should obliterate anything but it's struggling at level 30 even with all three buffs.  It is literally quicker to just use our guns and/or melee to kill the target.

You can't actually see anything either, while I can't say my colour choice is the best (it's yellow and orange) the beam and the portal orb takes up so much of the screen that I'm basically pointing and hoping I'm hitting a target....then when I do hit the target it just takes ages to kill it (170% power strength too)

Side Note: The armour just seems too big, especially the chest piece and most syandanas have major clipping issues with the 'built in syandnana'

3 hours ago, EinheriarJudith said:
Spoiler

5 hours ago, EinheriarJudith said:

i did a test in the simu on 6 160 C. Bombard because i wanted to see what these claims of lack luster damage and dislike for breach surge is about. you know what i found? they melted quite easily while being CC locked. i dont know what people are expecting. you should not be able to kill a lvl 100+ enemy instantly. the icing on top is any enemy under the effects of molecular prime, sonar, accelerant or any other damage amp adds on top of it. i thought the tick rate was going to be an issue but constantly swiping the targets put that to rest. its as i thought. if they increase the tick rate of sol gate it will push it over the top and need a nerf.

3 hours ago, DeVieEtMort said:

My hypothesis is that tic rate is an "internal timer," so you cheat the timer by setting it off on multiple targets sequentially.

However, I remember reading that as long as it is hitting something, the damage increases, so maybe that also comes into play.

I don't have conclusive evidence to prove that (seems too much work, especially with the effects).

Yeah this is, admittedly cool. Seems to me DE usually irons out these kinds of things before release but you are correct you two. It ticks as fast as you can make it flip on and off the same enemy, and due to the AoE effects, it is melting enemies next to it as well. This would be fantastic if I wasn't sure out of all the concerns raised, this one is likely to get the most attention. This has to be unintentional, like the Fulmin and Co doing double damage against some units. If this is "fixed" something will need to be done for the base damage because otherwise the rate of damage is very slow. That being said it is fantastic because it lets you kill most units I was complaining about. For some reason certain units still appear to be immune to the damage, as in they get the effect but no damage tics and therefore no visible procs. I'm not even talking nullifiers because those guys are apparently vexed by the laser as well, and I'm not sure if its doing damage to the shield or to the drone but it definitely appears effective.

4 hours ago, EinheriarJudith said:

it definitely works. sparks are 100% the status chance is for if they cause a proc when they hit. it will not create sparks if enemies are too far out of range of each other or if they enemy you hit dies from that hit, sparks do not clip through geometry so if you are in tight rooms they just fly into the ceiling.

This ability feels off in a number of ways, and since its largely becoming my go to button press in most cases, I am getting to watch it be lackluster a lot. The damage is very inconsistent. I've tried a few setups here, large hits vs many small, AoE damage weapons, and teleporting around the map affecting all the targets and letting my allies sort it out. I expected at some point to feel like it was... Doing something that wasn't already being done. If your goal is to actually do damage it looks like someone has to be putting out serious numbers for it to matter. It almost never kills anything, and this is with at least a 2x damage multiplier? I don't buy that number at all. With status it more matters how many people are hitting things, but since they are all blind, it doesn't do much.

So, if this is all caused by your aforementioned reasons, it should be fixed. The ability already relies on LoS to hit them in the first place, it doesn't need "geometry" screwing up auto generated projectiles. Sparks should use the base range of the ability to determine if an enemy is in range. It most certainly should happen if an enemy dies from that hit. That sounds just as much of a bug as the Swipe to Laser. 

So far I really like wisp. Pink and White are my go to colors and it really suits her as well. No buggies found yet. :)

Maybe, for those who want to cast 3 mote at once..

Wisp Augment, Cast all 3 mote buff at once with more duration at the cost of not having placeable mote and doubled energy cost.

This make Wisp very mobile and making her do more work at defense mission

I don't want to take too long to go over everything everyone else has already said, so here is my suggestion for some minor tweeks to her 4th ability.
So regarding Sol Gate, corrosive procs are fun and all, but the overall lack of fire rate to her death beam compared to energy drain leaves much to be desired. Either increase the amount of tics that allow for status procs by buffing the 4th's rate of fire or slightly lower the base energy cost to better match what's actually happening on screen.

An alternate suggestion would be removing the corrosive procs entirely and instead replacing it with something like Hyldren's Shield Pillage. Have it so every second that the beam is on an enemy their defences are stripped down by a % scaling with power strength. It would tematically make more sence than corrosive. Using the sun's solar flares to gradually take out enemy shields and its intense heat melt away enemy armor would be more power efficient and give the ult some actual usability in higher level circumstances. I would honestly prefer this option but hey, anything would be better than a glorified blowtorch.

Then again, those are just my 2 cents... so yeah, thanks for reading!

12 minutes ago, Gruiz said:

Wisp Augment, Cast all 3 mote buff at once with more duration at the cost of not having placeable mote and doubled energy cost.

We shouldn't need an augment to fix a 'design flaw', which is ultimately there due to a change from the original planned design for the ability... it's being done far too often with frames and it shouldn't be the way to fix mistakes with the original ability.

The only change I would make to Wisp would be changing Sol Gate to have a higher rate of fire, even if it has to do less damage to balance it out. The way it is now feels off with how you'd expect a beam of solar energy to work, IMO it should work like the rest of the beam weapons, high rate of fire, more chances to proc status, balance it out with less base damage.

Also the targeting for breach surge's teleport to the reservoirs could use some tweaking, it feels too precise sometimes. Either that or make breach surge's range double when standing inside the reservoirs instead of working exclusively on teleportation.

Other than that Wisp is absolutely fantastic. Amazing work!

Edit: on an aesthetic level, some of the shoulder armors seem to clip through her arms.

It would be awesome if we could designate a mote as "unreplaceable" so that we can use it as an anchor point, to teleport back to later

3 minutes ago, LSG501 said:

We shouldn't need an augment to fix a 'design flaw', which is ultimately there due to a change from the original planned design for the ability... it's being done far too often with frames and it shouldn't be the way to fix mistakes with the original ability.

Well,  my idea is to make Augment that change playstyle.. much like Harrow Lasting Convenant that create long lasting crit chance while removing the constant use of invisibility/inuverability

18 minutes ago, Gruiz said:

Definitely would be an absolutely required augment for any mission outside of objective defense. Would be very upset if it actually made it cost more energy and ruined the synergy with her 3. Why in the world would I take this in a defense mission when, as they currently have it, I can have all 3 buffs on everyone permanently? The problem is recasting them in any mission whereby you are not sitting around a single point for the entire time. 

4 minutes ago, LSG501 said:

Basically this. There are so many, many, many Warframes that offer their buffs relatively passively. Chroma gives Health, Armor, and Weapon damage. For hitting two buttons intermittently throughout the mission. I would definitely not mind recasting the buffs every about minute or so if I didn't have to cast 3 at a time. The only Warframe that even compares to this level of difficulty buffing is Titania, who still has to hit 4 different kinds of random enemies for 4 different kinds of buffs. They are also basically garbage, so you will never see all 4 up. Nova? 2x damage (for real not this breach surge Spaceship) for hitting a button. Banshee? 8x damage for hitting a button. I could go on, but I'd about list the whole roster. 

I personally am heavily opinionated against this ability having any sort of fixes for what it is and rather it be replaced entirely. All 3 buffs could go down the Void toilet and outside of some ridiculous press 1 for basically no damage ability, I'd be relatively happy. That being said, with an objective perspective, assuming the ability must remain a place a something on the floor to provide buffs like the legendary Shaman totems before them, for the love of everything good in this game, let the nurse only stab my arm but once for my troubles. Why prolong the pain for something that is either permanent in one type of mission or fleeting in another?  

I could say alot but I enjoy playing her except for one thing bugging me.

The bloody cape. I am not a cape person, I'd remove it if it was a Syndana like Khora's 4 handles. Instead it's a cape that clips through just about every Syndana. I just want to take the bloody thing OFF.

I love Wisp. Just a couple of suggestions:

Her slide should be silent. It's weird to glide up to a slope and then hear her grinding against the ground when you slide down it.

Some kind of energy "feet" should be visible when she is holding a melee weapon. It makes sense that she would need to be anchored to the ground in some way, to avoid knocking herself away from her target; I just think we should be able to see how. Walking on invisible feet is just wrong.

If there's one thing I'd like changed about Wisp, it would be making her helmets' back flaps toggle-able, or significantly shortened (upper back length).

Why: The majority of syandanas clip with her flaps. Less than 5 of them don't cause clipping.

I like her so far, but the only major complain that I have is about her passive. What's the point? I guess it's supposed to be a tool for survivability since she goes invisible, but overall it doesn't add nothing during the fight besides looking kinda cool. It can't be used to support the squad, it can't be used offensively since when you shoot you become visible, it can't really be used to escape a fight since eventually you will touch the ground and become visible to the enemy. Even if you use mods to increase aim glide time, or jump height, etc, what's the point? You are still slow, isn't adding something to the fight and eventually you will fall down to the ground and become visible. I think something should be done to encourage the player to use her passive with some goal in mind, maybe give her a small buff for the duration that she is invisible, or make her invisible even when she is shooting. I don't know, I just wish she had a stronger passive because right now it feels like she doesn't. 

The minor complain is about her third ability, it's cool and all, but I wish more projectiles were spawned when the enemies are damaged. Either that or stick with the original idea of releasing a AoE from her Reservoirs when used. Anyway, one of the best Warframes recently released when it comes to design, the way she moves, the way her abilities interact with each other. The sounds are also really impressive. 

32 minutes ago, JCistheway said:

Either that or stick with the original idea of releasing a AoE from her Reservoirs when used. Anyway, one of the best Warframes recently released when it comes to design, the way she moves, the way her abilities interact with each other. The sounds are also really impressive. 

Yeah, it would be cool if it still interacted with the different motes to produce different AoEs like they were originally supposed to... (and if she could still teleport to them) Then wisp would have another purpose for having the three different motes... Otherwise, maybe they should just combine them all into one. Though I just want one to be "unreplaceable" so that I can drop it somewhere in openworld, for fast travel. 😄 

Someone else brought up this point, which also resonates with what you said. 

2 hours ago, LSG501 said:

BREACH SURGE
When it was first shown I was expecting this to 'surge' and damage enemies....

Honestly, as it is now this feels kind of 'meh'.  CC isn't long enough and it doesn't do any (or at least very little) damage which kind of goes against what DE said about CC without damage not really having a place in warframe anymore.   Could really do with improvements imo, at the very least it needs to lose line of sight requirements. 

On 2019-05-24 at 9:21 PM, Buzlok said:

The new warframe Wisp is an incredibly well made frame that is also extremely well rounded, but her numbers on her first ability are too good. Primarily I am talking about her motes.

Vitality Mote: On the surface a 300hp 30hps buff is good but not overpowered, but in reality it is insane. The reasons behind this are pretty straightforward. There is no downside to building pure strength on Wisp. The Blind Rage+Rage combo on her alone can make you feel like you are using a fully modded frame. Walking into a Reservoir instantly refreshes her motes making duration unneeded and efficiency minimal. Basically with a single cast of a 3 option ability a Wisp can make her team ever harder to kill than Oberon's entire modded loadout can for way less maintenance.

Suggested change: 300hp and 30hps lowered to 250hp and 25hps.

Haste Mote: This mote gives 20% movement speed and 30% fire rate and melee speed. The problem with this is pretty similar to the problem with the vitality mote. Since there isn't a single reason stopping you from maxing strength the value of the attack buff makes her start to even out with frames like harrow that also have a fire rate buffs, but the buff applies to Wisps entire team instead of just herself. On the other hand the movement speed buff can't match Volt's in strength so it isn't as insane.

Suggested change: 30% attack rate buff lowered to 20%.

Shock: This mote is only effected by ability range and no strength so it is probably the only balanced one.

Overall the numbers on her Vitality and Haste Motes should be toned down a bit is what I'm getting at. A single frame shouldn't be able to keep up and even outdo multiple other frames in their respective specialties with only a single ability. I think Wisp is an amazing jack of all trades frame and is extremely fun, but it's unfair that she makes other characters irrelevant at their best traits. 

Just enjoy it while it lasts. DE is surely going to nerf her once Wisp sales start to go down.

Read the full first page and no one even mentioned the much more powerful buffs of Octavia's?

Invisibility, multishot, movement speed, and melee attack speed. On top of insane weapon damage with her 4 and her 1 and 2 that when used together can wipe maps without any player backup.

Octavia is a beast in any situation as long as you make the 'beat' easy to follow. I just filled every note so its harder to miss them than to catch them.

While Wisp's buffs are mostly defense. Even movement speed counts as defense considering that stopping means death, lol.

Edit: I see in a reply on this page they finally mentioned her. I just didn't want to read through a whole 'please nerf' thread.

When using her agile animation, just before she is to do the split image animation, there is a 'teck' sound on the left earphone/speaker etc. 

Is it some extra sound that was forgotten to delete off the final sound file? @[DE]George

Wisp is awesome. However:

Sol Gate is trash, unusable. That's fine tho, every warframe has one or two useless abilities. If we can get a support 4 instead of Sol Gate that would be the best, but I don't mind it as it is, I just don't press it.

The only thing I don't like about Wisp is her 1. And please DE consider my ideas. So she's supposed to be this super fluid "I'm here, but I'm also there" warframe, but in order to buff ppl I have to stand in one place for like 5 seconds to cast all my reservoirs. This is fine for 1 room missions, but for running around is super annoying trying to keep up the buffs. 

So, my solutions: 

1. (easy fix) Make her reservoir only one spell that gives all the buffs, but you can have only 1 at a time.  You can make it a hotfix change or augment.

2. (long term fix) And I think this will fix a lot more than just Wisp, make abilities li Quiver, Venari, Reservoirs have multiple keybinds. The standard keybind can stat, but give us the option the bind each arrow or reservoir separately.  I like abilities like this because they are versatile and I'd like to see them in future warframes, but are very annoying to cast.

33 minutes ago, Kakatilenche said:

Wisp is awesome. However:

Sol Gate is trash, unusable. That's fine tho, every warframe has one or two useless abilities. If we can get a support 4 instead of Sol Gate that would be the best, but I don't mind it as it is, I just don't press it.

The only thing I don't like about Wisp is her 1. And please DE consider my ideas. So she's supposed to be this super fluid "I'm here, but I'm also there" warframe, but in order to buff ppl I have to stand in one place for like 5 seconds to cast all my reservoirs. This is fine for 1 room missions, but for running around is super annoying trying to keep up the buffs. 

So, my solutions: 

1. (easy fix) Make her reservoir only one spell that gives all the buffs, but you can have only 1 at a time.  You can make it a hotfix change or augment.

2. (long term fix) And I think this will fix a lot more than just Wisp, make abilities li Quiver, Venari, Reservoirs have multiple keybinds. The standard keybind can stat, but give us the option the bind each arrow or reservoir separately.  I like abilities like this because they are versatile and I'd like to see them in future warframes, but are very annoying to cast.

I agree on Sol Gate, but check out the newest exploit in how it's being used: https://forums.warframe.com/topic/1094901-the-jovian-concord-update-25-wisp-feedback/?do=findComment&comment=10782656 Credit not mine. You gotta swipe it on and off the enemy quickly to apply the damage. 

Also agree on you opinion of her 1, and would have it be all the buffs at once if anything. While previously discussing about Ivara's arrows, I had been made aware of the issue with simply adding more hotkeys in that consoles could not have that option. While it's perfectly reasonable for me to imagine a world with 3-4 extra ability keys, a blocking key, a heavy melee key, and a quick melee key, there are only so many buttons on a controller. I have never played Warframe on a console, nor will I ever unless cross save becomes a thing, but we are perpetually entangled to the consoles limitations. 

3 forma and a couple hours later + sessions on the wiki + watching youtube vids from content creators, here's my thoughts on wisp.

TLDR: I like her. Powerful buff frame with some CC capability. Her 1 is by far her greatest asset but could use some QoL tweaks. Her 3 provides acceptable CC but the damage portion may as well not exist. Her 2 and 4 have very mediocre performance and do not fulfill the purpose they were meant to due to lack of appropriate scaling. 

Acquisition/Costs: I enjoyed getting Wisp. I personally found the Ropalolyst fight as well as Disruption to be very fun. The new resource is not difficult to obtain. Wisp's drop distrubtion was very fair (I believe 25% for each of the 4 parts). The blueprint costs were very reasonable.

Passive (Phased): 

• The invisibility activates surprisingly often but is very poorly designed in that it fails to synergize in any way with the rest of wisps kit. Like so many other Warframe passives the only consideration to it's design appears to be the artistic theme of the warframe. In this case "ghost/spirit". There is nothing in Wisps kit that interacts with aerial invisibility.
  • Even though it does not break on aerial melee, aerial Melee is currently very lackluster as the attacks do not carry any momentum and it is very easy to unintentionally cancel out into a ground slam. With melee 3.0 having an unknown release date, and no further word the ability to "juggle" enemies or midair combos this aspect of her passive is not helpful either.
  • I do like the unique invisibility animation Wisp has although it also makes it confusing as it does not look like any other invisibility ability in the game.

Suggestion 1: In addition to the current passive, Wisp gains +25% ability range while in the air.

Or Suggestion 2: In addition to the current passive, while in the air all of wisps reservoirs are revealed through walls and can be targeted

Or Suggestion 3: In addition to the current passive, Wisp is not affected by enemy collision and can pass through locked doors

First ability (Reservoirs):

• Wisps's bread and butter. Powerful, versatile buffs with good duration based on totems that once placed never expire unless Wisp exceeds the item limit.
  • My commendations to DE for several aspects of the design:
  1.  Allowing them to be placed on the move at your feet. One of my greatest fears during her devstream debut is that they would root her thus making gameplay clunky. This is not the case.
  2. Good base duration on the buffs with infinite duration if standing within the totem radius. Another of my fears was having to constantly recast 3 different abilities.
  3. Easy buff pickup. Good base radius on the ability as well as auto-vaccum when the player steps in range means it is very easy for both the player and teammates to pick up buffs.
  4. Very clear buff radius. It is hard to miss the glowing circle on the floor. I always know exactly where I need to go to pick up the buffs.

Dislikes (minor)

• When trying to place all 3 buffs as fast as possible it is very easy to miss a press and accidentally recast the same colored mote again, effectively wasting energy.
  • There is no way to delete a specific Reservoir. Given that currently the Shock Reservoir is both a buff and enemy CC ability we need to be able to delete reservoirs to free up space to place more Shocks without erasing the earliest reservoir.
  • In a map with multiple floors it can be difficult to see where all the reservoirs are if they are placed on different elevations or through walls.
  • Only the Shock reservoir affects both players and enemies. This leaves the ability feeling unfinished (even though it is sufficiently powerful).

Suggestions (Wisp):

1. Currently the ability works as follows: Press 1 to cycle. Hold 1 to place. Given that the player semi-frequently has to place all 3 reservoirs to gain their buffs, I suggest a third casting mode where as long as "1" is held down Wisp will automatically cycle to and place the next colored reservoir. This will almost eliminate the possibility of accidentally placing 2 buffs of the same color when trying to rapidly cycle and place all 3 colors.
  2. Allow the deletion of specific reservoirs. For example. Wisp wants to delete an existing reservoir. She aims at it while outside of its buff zone (similar to how her 3 currently functions). The targeting indicator appears (like her 3). Wisp hold's 1 to delete the reservoir.
  3. Allow reservoirs to be visible AND targetable through walls.
  4. Add enemy effects for Vitality and Haste.
    • Vitality: Enemies within range will be afflicted by a puncture proc
    • Haste: Enemies within range suffer a permanent 10% slow (modifiable).

Suggestions (Other Warframes)

1. Vaubaun's Tesla grenades should function as an even better version of Shock Reservoir
  2. Volt's First ability and/or Shocking Speed Augment should function like Shock Reservior with even more range and the ability to hit more enemies.

Second Ability (Will O Wisp)

Mediocre. This ability seems to be meant to be used both as survivability (Press 2) and for mobility (hold 2) but does neither well. The duration of Press 2 is too short as a survivability skill. Hold 2 is too slow to be used as a movement skill; with the Haste Reservoir I can easily keep with the the speed using the basic movement chain; I can easily exceed it with operator dashes. I suggest even further separation of the two aspects of the ability.

• I like that it makes you invisible on cast
  • I like that you get a brief invincibility on exit
  • I like that it also casts Breach Surge when you do
  • I like that it does not trigger laser gates

Dislikes

• Press 2 moves too quickly, has too short of a duration to confer any significant survivability but too slowly to perform as a mobility skill.
  • Hold 2 moves too slowly to perform as a mobility skill especially since Wisp has Haste Reservoir

Suggestions (Press 2)

1. Double to triple the current base duration.
  2. The WillOWisp will always move at 100% of your current movement speed
  3. The WillOWisp will now automatically move towards and bounce between nearby enemies instead of a straight line like it currently does.

Suggestions (Hold 2)

1. Keep the current duration and straight line skillshot.
  2. The WillOWisp will always move at 300-500% of your current movement speed (ex. If you are moving using the standard movement chain, WillOWisp will move 300-500% of whatever speed that is)

Third Ability (Breach Surge)

An acceptable blind, if a bit redundant given that Wisp should always be carrying a Shock Reservoir which has the same range a rather fast refresh on its shock proc. The Surge Spark aspect of the ability is extremely unreliable and effectively negligible.

• A blind with a decent duration and decent radius that can be improved by casting onto a Reservoir
  • Acts as another mobility option if cast on a Reservoir
  • The blind DOES NOT TRIGGER FINISHER ATTACKS on melee <- I need this on every other blind except for pocket sand.

Dislikes

• The "Status Chance" of the ability given in the description does not appear to do anything? The wiki states it only refers to the status chance of a surge spark.
  • Activation condition of Sparks is not clear. In game it states damaging the enemy will trigger sparks. However the sparks only inconsistently appear on hit. The testers at the Wiki states the proc chance of the sparks is about 10%, unmodifiable. If so, this is too low and punishes slow but hard hitting weapons.
  • It is not clear exactly how the Sparks calculate damage. We only get a "damage  multiplier" on the in game tool tip. Wiki states it is somehow based off of damage done to the enemy.
  • The damage is extremely inconsistent. Sometimes hits for tends of thousands, sometimes hits for a few hundred.
  • The targeting of the Sparks is poor. Many sparks will miss targets.
  • The targeting range of the Sparks feels too short.
  • Sparks do not appear to ever release if the enemy is killed in one hit

Suggestion 1

1. Surge sparks always have a 100% chance to inflict a radiation proc on hit
  2. Surge sparks will always release when the enemy hits 50% and 0% HP, umodifiable.
  3. Surge sparks deal 6/12/18/24% of the total HP of the enemy it was created from as radiation damage to the target enemy, modified by power strength.

OR Suggestion 2

1. Remove the surge sparks
  2. All enemies affected by breach surge have a 20% chance to release another breach surge at 50% range and duration of the original on death.

Fourth Ability (Sol Gate)

Medicore. For a giant plasma beam it does very lackluster damage due to its lack of mod scaling while being relatively energy hungry. Aside from the lack of damage there are many other things keeping the ability from feeling powerful. There is no weight to the ability whatsoever which I attribute to Wisps very high mobility and ability to turn freely while channeling. There only appears to be a small amount of punch through on the ability meaning it is stopped by pillars and semi-thin walls. It is affected by armor which significantly reduces its already mediocre damage. It ticks too slowly. The damage ramp up is far to slow taking multiple seconds to hit max power and RESETTING FOR EVERY SINGLE ENEMY. It cannot head shot or reliably hit weak spots. Players can hold the gate open for too long. The beam lacks impact when a player can channel it for >20seconds and swing it around like a thin piece of string. You can't tell me this doesnt look absolutely retarded. 

• It is very pretty
  • The sound effects, especially with the deep base from "hold fire button" mode, is satisfying
  • It's a giant frikin laser beam.
  • There's a bit of backwards recoil when turning off the ability

Dislikes

• Mediocre damage for an ability. With triple reservoirs + amped firing mode, on a Wisp with (128% Dur, 85% Eff, 100% Rng, 306% Str, 300 Energy); it took:
    • Lv 100 Corrupted Heavy Gunner: 8s
    • x3 Lv 100 Corrupted Heavy Gunner (targeting one by one): could not complete. Killed 2 of 3 in 15s before running out of energy. 3rd at full health.
    • x3 Lv 100 Corrupted Heavy Gunner (lined up): 12s, ~20 energy remaining, ability DID NOT (consistently?) PUNCH THROUGH ENEMIES
    • Lv 50 Nox: 12s (cannot headshot)
    • Lv 100 Ancient Healer: 6s
    • x3 Lv 100 Ancient Healer (targeting one by one): 13.6s, ran out of energy immediately after the last ancient
    • x3 Lv 100 Ancient Healer (lined up):  8s
  • In contrast Peacemaker (155% strength + Standard Primed Crit build on regulators)
    • Lv 100 Corrupted Heavy Gunner: 3s
    • x3 Lv 100 Corrupted Heavy Gunner:  6s
    • Lv 50 Nox: 3s (cannot headshot)
    • Lv 100 Ancient Healer: <1s
    • x3 Lv 100 Ancient Healer (lined up):  1.45s
  • In contrast Strun Wraith (18%CC, 2.2xCD, 4.5FR, 5sRld, 100%SC, 2308/533/710 IPS 5567 Blast, 10835 Corrosive, my standard build)
    • Lv 100 Corrupted Heavy Gunner: 1.8s chest shots only
    • x3 Lv 100 Corrupted Heavy Gunner:  9s chest shots only
    • Lv 50 Nox: 13s, chest shots only; 6s aiming for head shots, multiple misses due to knockdown from blast proc
    • Lv 100 Ancient Healer: ~1s, chest shots only
    • x3 Lv 100 Ancient Healer (not lined up): 2s, chest shots only
  • In contrast Opticor Vandal (0.4s Charge rate,103%CC, 9.3xCD, 3.1FR, 1.4sRld, 74%SC, 194/1357/387.6 IPS 4361Viral, my standard build)
    • Lv 100 Corrupted Heavy Gunner: 6s chest shots only
    • x3 Lv 100 Corrupted Heavy Gunner:  20s, chest shots only, includes reloads and 3 missed shots due to enemies stumbling, cannot test lined up TTK due to enemies stumbling
    • Lv 50 Nox: 8s, chest shots only, including one reload, <1s head shot only
    • Lv 100 Ancient Healer: <1s, chest shot only
    • x3 Lv 100 Ancient Healer (not lined up):  3s
  • Sol gate is clearly inferior to almost every other exalted ability out there not to mention many standard guns.
  • VFX gets in the way of the ability if it takes longer than 2s to kill an enemy since the player cannot clearly see what is caught in the beam and that is not
  • No mod scaling
  • Triple reservoirs do not increase damage much
  • Amping does not increase damage much
  • Ramp up takes too long
  • Ramp us is tied to INDIVIDUAL ENEMIES Instead of the amount of time the ability is on.
  • Very little beam width
  • No/very little punch through
  • Cannot headshot/hit weak spots
  • Damage "ticks" are too slow. Takes away from the sensation of power of the beam.
  • Channeling costs are too low. With a 300 energy pool wisps can channel for a very long time. Takes away from the sensation of power of the ability.
  • Movement during casting is too free. Takes away from the "weight" of the ability
  • Turning during casting is too free. Takes away from the "weight" of the ability
  • Only 40m range.

Suggestions:

• The following are properly done "ult beams". IMO. They dont last very long. They hit in a decently wide cone in front of you for effectively infinite distance. The player cannot/can barely move or turn. Everything caught in it dies no matter how high the resistance, except for boss type enemies which just take a good chunk of damage instead (ignore the bug in the second video where if you stand perfectly still the beam phases through you).

• Double or triple the current energy drain. OR Make the cost something like base 150 energy for 4s duration beam.
  • Wisp is now invincible OR 99% damage reduction for as long as she holds the beam
  • Triple or quadruple the beam width (and visuals). It should hit in a 5-6m area in front of you. It should be OK if you can't see the normal mobs you're hitting because you know they are dead.
  • Severely restrict movement (ex. Like Mesa's Waltz or hobbled key)
  • Severely restrict turning (~15-30 degrees per second max)
  • Throw in some screen shake
  • Add scaling off of rifle or secondary mods
  • Double the tick rate. (4x for Amped mode)
  • Remove the ramp up
  • Infinite punch through
  • Base 100m range
  • Lingering trail of fire for 15-25s if the beam hits a surface

Wow. This took waaaaay longer than I wanted. Anyways, that's all I got. Thanks for reading.

1 hour ago, ADirtyMonk said:

3 forma and a couple hours later + sessions on the wiki + watching youtube vids from content creators, here's my thoughts on wisp.

TLDR: I like her. Powerful buff frame with some CC capability. Her 1 is by far her greatest asset but could use some QoL tweaks. Her 3 provides acceptable CC but the damage portion may as well not exist. Her 2 and 4 have very mediocre performance and do not fulfill the purpose they were meant to due to lack of appropriate scaling. 

Acquisition/Costs: I enjoyed getting Wisp. I personally found the Ropalolyst fight as well as Disruption to be very fun. The new resource is not difficult to obtain. Wisp's drop distrubtion was very fair (I believe 25% for each of the 4 parts). The blueprint costs were very reasonable.

Passive (Phased): 

• The invisibility activates surprisingly often but is very poorly designed in that it fails to synergize in any way with the rest of wisps kit. Like so many other Warframe passives the only consideration to it's design appears to be the artistic theme of the warframe. In this case "ghost/spirit". There is nothing in Wisps kit that interacts with aerial invisibility.
  • Even though it does not break on aerial melee, aerial Melee is currently very lackluster as the attacks do not carry any momentum and it is very easy to unintentionally cancel out into a ground slam. With melee 3.0 having an unknown release date, and no further word the ability to "juggle" enemies or midair combos this aspect of her passive is not helpful either.
  • I do like the unique invisibility animation Wisp has although it also makes it confusing as it does not look like any other invisibility ability in the game.

Suggestion 1: In addition to the current passive, Wisp gains +25% ability range while in the air.

Or Suggestion 2: In addition to the current passive, while in the air all of wisps reservoirs are revealed through walls and can be targeted

Or Suggestion 3: In addition to the current passive, Wisp is not affected by enemy collision and can pass through locked doors

First ability (Reservoirs):

• Wisps's bread and butter. Powerful, versatile buffs with good duration based on totems that once placed never expire unless Wisp exceeds the item limit.
  • My commendations to DE for several aspects of the design:
  1.  Allowing them to be placed on the move at your feet. One of my greatest fears during her devstream debut is that they would root her thus making gameplay clunky. This is not the case.
  2. Good base duration on the buffs with infinite duration if standing within the totem radius. Another of my fears was having to constantly recast 3 different abilities.
  3. Easy buff pickup. Good base radius on the ability as well as auto-vaccum when the player steps in range means it is very easy for both the player and teammates to pick up buffs.
  4. Very clear buff radius. It is hard to miss the glowing circle on the floor. I always know exactly where I need to go to pick up the buffs.

Dislikes (minor)

• When trying to place all 3 buffs as fast as possible it is very easy to miss a press and accidentally recast the same colored mote again, effectively wasting energy.
  • There is no way to delete a specific Reservoir. Given that currently the Shock Reservoir is both a buff and enemy CC ability we need to be able to delete reservoirs to free up space to place more Shocks without erasing the earliest reservoir.
  • In a map with multiple floors it can be difficult to see where all the reservoirs are if they are placed on different elevations or through walls.
  • Only the Shock reservoir affects both players and enemies. This leaves the ability feeling unfinished (even though it is sufficiently powerful).

Suggestions (Wisp):

1. Currently the ability works as follows: Press 1 to cycle. Hold 1 to place. Given that the player semi-frequently has to place all 3 reservoirs to gain their buffs, I suggest a third casting mode where as long as "1" is held down Wisp will automatically cycle to and place the next colored reservoir. This will almost eliminate the possibility of accidentally placing 2 buffs of the same color when trying to rapidly cycle and place all 3 colors.
  2. Allow the deletion of specific reservoirs. For example. Wisp wants to delete an existing reservoir. She aims at it while outside of its buff zone (similar to how her 3 currently functions). The targeting indicator appears (like her 3). Wisp hold's 1 to delete the reservoir.
  3. Allow reservoirs to be visible AND targetable through walls.
  4. Add enemy effects for Vitality and Haste.
    • Vitality: Enemies within range will be afflicted by a puncture proc
    • Haste: Enemies within range suffer a permanent 10% slow (modifiable).

Suggestions (Other Warframes)

1. Vaubaun's Tesla grenades should function as an even better version of Shock Reservoir
  2. Volt's First ability and/or Shocking Speed Augment should function like Shock Reservior with even more range and the ability to hit more enemies.

Second Ability (Will O Wisp)

Mediocre. This ability seems to be meant to be used both as survivability (Press 2) and for mobility (hold 2) but does neither well. The duration of Press 2 is too short as a survivability skill. Hold 2 is too slow to be used as a movement skill; with the Haste Reservoir I can easily keep with the the speed using the basic movement chain; I can easily exceed it with operator dashes. I suggest even further separation of the two aspects of the ability.

• I like that it makes you invisible on cast
  • I like that you get a brief invincibility on exit
  • I like that it also casts Breach Surge when you do
  • I like that it does not trigger laser gates

Dislikes

• Press 2 moves too quickly, has too short of a duration to confer any significant survivability but too slowly to perform as a mobility skill.
  • Hold 2 moves too slowly to perform as a mobility skill especially since Wisp has Haste Reservoir

Suggestions (Press 2)

1. Double to triple the current base duration.
  2. The WillOWisp will always move at 100% of your current movement speed
  3. The WillOWisp will now automatically move towards and bounce between nearby enemies instead of a straight line like it currently does.

Suggestions (Hold 2)

1. Keep the current duration and straight line skillshot.
  2. The WillOWisp will always move at 300-500% of your current movement speed (ex. If you are moving using the standard movement chain, WillOWisp will move 300-500% of whatever speed that is)

Third Ability (Breach Surge)

An acceptable blind, if a bit redundant given that Wisp should always be carrying a Shock Reservoir which has the same range a rather fast refresh on its shock proc. The Surge Spark aspect of the ability is extremely unreliable and effectively negligible.

• A blind with a decent duration and decent radius that can be improved by casting onto a Reservoir
  • Acts as another mobility option if cast on a Reservoir
  • The blind DOES NOT TRIGGER FINISHER ATTACKS on melee <- I need this on every other blind except for pocket sand.

Dislikes

• The "Status Chance" of the ability given in the description does not appear to do anything? The wiki states it only refers to the status chance of a surge spark.
  • Activation condition of Sparks is not clear. In game it states damaging the enemy will trigger sparks. However the sparks only inconsistently appear on hit. The testers at the Wiki states the proc chance of the sparks is about 10%, unmodifiable. If so, this is too low and punishes slow but hard hitting weapons.
  • It is not clear exactly how the Sparks calculate damage. We only get a "damage  multiplier" on the in game tool tip. Wiki states it is somehow based off of damage done to the enemy.
  • The damage is extremely inconsistent. Sometimes hits for tends of thousands, sometimes hits for a few hundred.
  • The targeting of the Sparks is poor. Many sparks will miss targets.
  • The targeting range of the Sparks feels too short.
  • Sparks do not appear to ever release if the enemy is killed in one hit

Suggestion 1

1. Surge sparks always have a 100% chance to inflict a radiation proc on hit
  2. Surge sparks will always release when the enemy hits 50% and 0% HP, umodifiable.
  3. Surge sparks deal 6/12/18/24% of the total HP of the enemy it was created from as radiation damage to the target enemy, modified by power strength.

OR Suggestion 2

1. Remove the surge sparks
  2. All enemies affected by breach surge have a 20% chance to release another breach surge at 50% range and duration of the original on death.

Fourth Ability (Sol Gate)

Medicore. For a giant plasma beam it does very lackluster damage due to its lack of mod scaling while being relatively energy hungry. Aside from the lack of damage there are many other things keeping the ability from feeling powerful. There is no weight to the ability whatsoever which I attribute to Wisps very high mobility and ability to turn freely while channeling. There only appears to be a small amount of punch through on the ability meaning it is stopped by pillars and semi-thin walls. It is affected by armor which significantly reduces its already mediocre damage. It ticks too slowly. The damage ramp up is far to slow taking multiple seconds to hit max power and RESETTING FOR EVERY SINGLE ENEMY. It cannot head shot or reliably hit weak spots. Players can hold the gate open for too long. The beam lacks impact when a player can channel it for >20seconds and swing it around like a thin piece of string. You can't tell me this doesnt look absolutely retarded. 

• It is very pretty
  • The sound effects, especially with the deep base from "hold fire button" mode, is satisfying
  • It's a giant frikin laser beam.
  • There's a bit of backwards recoil when turning off the ability

Dislikes

• Mediocre damage for an ability. With triple reservoirs + amped firing mode, on a Wisp with (128% Dur, 85% Eff, 100% Rng, 306% Str, 300 Energy); it took:
    • Lv 100 Corrupted Heavy Gunner: 8s
    • x3 Lv 100 Corrupted Heavy Gunner (targeting one by one): could not complete. Killed 2 of 3 in 15s before running out of energy. 3rd at full health.
    • x3 Lv 100 Corrupted Heavy Gunner (lined up): 12s, ~20 energy remaining, ability DID NOT (consistently?) PUNCH THROUGH ENEMIES
    • Lv 50 Nox: 12s (cannot headshot)
    • Lv 100 Ancient Healer: 6s
    • x3 Lv 100 Ancient Healer (targeting one by one): 13.6s, ran out of energy immediately after the last ancient
    • x3 Lv 100 Ancient Healer (lined up):  8s
  • In contrast Peacemaker (155% strength + Standard Primed Crit build on regulators)
    • Lv 100 Corrupted Heavy Gunner: 3s
    • x3 Lv 100 Corrupted Heavy Gunner:  6s
    • Lv 50 Nox: 3s (cannot headshot)
    • Lv 100 Ancient Healer: <1s
    • x3 Lv 100 Ancient Healer (lined up):  1.45s
  • In contrast Strun Wraith (18%CC, 2.2xCD, 4.5FR, 5sRld, 100%SC, 2308/533/710 IPS 5567 Blast, 10835 Corrosive, my standard build)
    • Lv 100 Corrupted Heavy Gunner: 1.8s chest shots only
    • x3 Lv 100 Corrupted Heavy Gunner:  9s chest shots only
    • Lv 50 Nox: 13s, chest shots only; 6s aiming for head shots, multiple misses due to knockdown from blast proc
    • Lv 100 Ancient Healer: ~1s, chest shots only
    • x3 Lv 100 Ancient Healer (not lined up): 2s, chest shots only
  • In contrast Opticor Vandal (0.4s Charge rate,103%CC, 9.3xCD, 3.1FR, 1.4sRld, 74%SC, 194/1357/387.6 IPS 4361Viral, my standard build)
    • Lv 100 Corrupted Heavy Gunner: 6s chest shots only
    • x3 Lv 100 Corrupted Heavy Gunner:  20s, chest shots only, includes reloads and 3 missed shots due to enemies stumbling, cannot test lined up TTK due to enemies stumbling
    • Lv 50 Nox: 8s, chest shots only, including one reload, <1s head shot only
    • Lv 100 Ancient Healer: <1s, chest shot only
    • x3 Lv 100 Ancient Healer (not lined up):  3s
  • Sol gate is clearly inferior to almost every other exalted ability out there not to mention many standard guns.
  • VFX gets in the way of the ability if it takes longer than 2s to kill an enemy since the player cannot clearly see what is caught in the beam and that is not
  • No mod scaling
  • Triple reservoirs do not increase damage much
  • Amping does not increase damage much
  • Ramp up takes too long
  • Ramp us is tied to INDIVIDUAL ENEMIES Instead of the amount of time the ability is on.
  • Very little beam width
  • No/very little punch through
  • Cannot headshot/hit weak spots
  • Damage "ticks" are too slow. Takes away from the sensation of power of the beam.
  • Channeling costs are too low. With a 300 energy pool wisps can channel for a very long time. Takes away from the sensation of power of the ability.
  • Movement during casting is too free. Takes away from the "weight" of the ability
  • Turning during casting is too free. Takes away from the "weight" of the ability
  • Only 40m range.

Suggestions:

• The following are properly done "ult beams". IMO. They dont last very long. They hit in a decently wide cone in front of you for effectively infinite distance. The player cannot/can barely move or turn. Everything caught in it dies no matter how high the resistance, except for boss type enemies which just take a good chunk of damage instead (ignore the bug in the second video where if you stand perfectly still the beam phases through you).

• Double or triple the current energy drain. OR Make the cost something like base 150 energy for 4s duration beam.
  • Wisp is now invincible OR 99% damage reduction for as long as she holds the beam
  • Triple or quadruple the beam width (and visuals). It should hit in a 5-6m area in front of you. It should be OK if you can't see the normal mobs you're hitting because you know they are dead.
  • Severely restrict movement (ex. Like Mesa's Waltz or hobbled key)
  • Severely restrict turning (~15-30 degrees per second max)
  • Throw in some screen shake
  • Add scaling off of rifle or secondary mods
  • Double the tick rate. (4x for Amped mode)
  • Remove the ramp up
  • Infinite punch through
  • Base 100m range
  • Lingering trail of fire for 15-25s if the beam hits a surface

Wow. This took waaaaay longer than I wanted. Anyways, that's all I got. Thanks for reading.

Wow good job Sir! I like everything that you write. Exept some point on the 4.

I admit the Sol Gate ability , the design and sound of Wisp were my selling point. The ult actually deal some damage to level 120 (tested a bit, with 224% str) but it took kinda long time. I don't like the point of : Screen shake (Honestly screen shake can only create nausea for me), x3 or x4 energy consumption (x2 is already fine) "Severely restrict turning" no pls probably this worst than screen shake.. But i'm scared... Sol gate seems a hard ability to balance. More damage? can be OP af. More damage but no mobility or extremly slow turning around? still bad.
I like thos the Idea of give damage to Sol gate thanks mod. But i don't know. This is not an exalted ability. This is not a weapon.

Double or more tick rate? this can be good. i think the x2 tick rate is already a  good start for an improvement , maybe x4 in Amped mod but x2 (energy cost in amp mod).

For her 1 i would love be able to put all the 3 reservoir at the same time. Pls never nerf the HAste mod.

Her 3 , Surge i think is.. useless? I use it kinda often in arbitration but i NEVER see any kind of projectile hitting the enemies, and if happen is just for few hundreds, pretty useless besides be an almost instant cc.

I like her 2. It's a really really good panic button for me. Bad situation? tap fast fast and get invulnerability. But i prefer see the "ghost" be actually faster without have to keep pressed my 2.

Sorry for my english, bye!