Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

[DE]Danielle

(The Jovian Concord: Update 25) Wisp Feedback

vor 15 Stunden schrieb Maka.Bones:

And her 2 and 3 are awesome for survival (though they could be improved on). Why would you ever want to get rid of CC, damage boost, and their travel capabilities altogether?

Coz the 2 is not a fast travel option as the frame itself is faster than the decoy and did you read what i wrote? The electric stun from the 1 works better than the actual CC from the 3. ^^

vor 11 Stunden schrieb Chipputer:

Will-O-Wisp: [...] I'm not sure that removing the teleportation function would actually solve anything but I think it appropriate to point out that it's almost counter-intuitive in any combat situation to use it. I would suggest something like a temporary damage invulnerability upon teleporting to it, or allowing the distraction to reflect damage in a similar manner to Unairu (as in not a lot).

Luckily for us all, you are indeed invulnerable after a teleport with Will-O-Wisp. It's only 4 seconds, so short enough to miss I guess but long enough to be useful.

6 hours ago, Maka.Bones said:

The range is much larger, when you use it while teleporting into a reservoir.  Best strategy is to teleport to one, then back (Or use will-o-wisp's fast movement mode to teleport away, then teleport back into the reservoir)

Does anyone know if the 3 and 2 stack if you teleport? As in, can I toss a clone at a group of mobs and then teleport to get two boosted range surges at once?

Put enemies under the influence of her 3rd skill, then shoot them with her 4th. That helps.

Though I won't mind if they buffed it too.

If you want a feedback post, just attack her 4 ability which doesn't fit her theme, sucks, etc.

If you pretend she doesn't have a 4, and that she's primarily part of a team, she's fantastic.

She has even passed my absolutely bottom line durability test in that she can do 1 hour Mot and/or 1 hour arbitration survival.  I know that's not a particularly high bar to cross, but there are frames that would struggle at it, and if they can't handle that, then there isn't any point in trying to find a role for them in my frame rotation because I already have both the seal clubbing job filled (Ember) and the defend from arthritic chihuahuas job filled (Khora/Frost/literally any frame in the game) which means new frames have to fit into things that require more effort against much stronger enemies.

14 hours ago, Xavori said:

You pretty much have to given how the game plays once you get past star-chart and even sortie level stuff.  It doesn't matter how amazing Saryn's DPS is if she's dead.  On the other hand, as long as you give him a top-tier weapon, Rhino can handle most content in the game for quite a while.

This logic has it's faults. On one hand you're right, you have to give very real consideration to how well you can take a shot to the jaw once you move past Star-Chart clearing missions.

However, due to steep enemy damage scaling it's a very real problem dedicating too much effort to modding in extra survivability. Eventually, once the enemy level gets up there, they are just gonna start to obliterate you no matter what. In that realm the only defensive trait that matters is the reaction and experience based concept of "Evasiveness". Enemies aren't good at shooting players moving very fast, so you mod for whatever achieves the height of your damage or CC potential and you obliterate enemies based on their threat all while moving enough that they don't even really get a fair chance.

You say that Saryn's DPS is no good if she's dead. That's true. However the Saryn being dead probably has more to do with them screwing up and getting shot than it does her max damage potential build not being survivable enough. Not getting hit is the best defensive stat line. Good Saryn are flying, dodging whirlwinds of DPS.

Even at extreme ability strength (300%+), the skill is far too weak compared to the buff enhanced weapons. It's so pointless to use it at all but for show. On top, the massive effect show doesn't help with aiming.

I already thought about giving Wisp a dark red, near brownish energy colour... you know, light that of a very weak red dwarf 😋

Beyond star chart level, Sol Gate is as useless as Excalibur's "Ultimate". That shouldn't be.

I feel it should have punch through as long as its beam is and its beam should function like post rework beams. It just feels awkward and clunkly like old beams did!

vor 13 Stunden schrieb SupernovaSymphony:

Thats an idea xD

But for real, the amount of times Ive got a measly 32 health per second versus my 90.... ughguggug

My current work-around: drop my reservoirs elsewhere, jump down a bottomless pit, rebuff. BANG! 100HP regeneration. 

1 minute ago, Toran said:

My current work-around: drop my reservoirs elsewhere, jump down a bottomless pit, rebuff. BANG! 100HP regeneration. 

I do this, but Im playing wisp to heal my whole team, not just me.

vor 2 Minuten schrieb SupernovaSymphony:

I do this, but Im playing wisp to heal my whole team, not just me.

Waypoint your reservoirs and tell them. I hope they fix it soon.

While I don't regret using my Umbra Forma on Valkyr, right now I would be very tempted to use it on Wisp.

She's caught my attention and held it far more than any other recent frame.  The only reason I used Nyx on Sunday was because I was short on time before the Sortie finished and she wasn't at 30.

1 minute ago, Toran said:

Waypoint your reservoirs and tell them. I hope they fix it soon.

Oh I do. I do everythign I can for this. But the point stands, it stil suuuuuuccckkkksss

Okay, after fully playing with all her abilities a bunch more. Here's My final issues with her.

1.The first buff prevails over the strongest buff. This by far the most irritating issue with her reservoir ability. Its infuriating when Im here to drop 120 health per second, as well as some hype as heck speed buffs, when someone comes along with a weaker wisp giving 30 health per second, with a speed buff equivalent to a 10% strength volt. I could deal with the other issues if this was fixed. LET ME BE STROOONNNNGGG for the team.

2. Her two doesn't move as fast as it should. Okay, SO I personally think this should scale with her move speed, but it scales with range. I get it, but its kinda weird out running it with my mad reservoir speed buffs. This is just a little issue, I'm not actually to phased about this one.

3. Her three is kind... its a thing. Okay, I love the cc, I love the extra damage. But the spreading tendrils have a tendency to just harmlessly dissipate on walls. Please make them not clip into objects. Just let them go through all objects till they hit their targets or hit max range. Heck, its fine if they only seek LOS targets, the ability is mostly fine, its just that issue I dont like. Its a big animation and casting it multiple times is super meeehhhh. EDIT: Forgot to add, teleporting to resivoirs are not the fun. Its hard to target them in the heat of battle. Let us teleport through walls and stuff since we need to actually place the thing first. Being able to dart around the battle frield would be hella dope.  Just restrict it to like, 30m base or something. Would be the most fun. As it is, I cant practically use it, cause a bullet jump is fast and less awkward xD

4. Her 4 is also a thing! Its good! BUT THERE ARE PROBLEMS. Okay so it certainly does enough damage. The heat is great once you've stripped the armour, but theres a problem.... it doesn't tick status procs as much as it should. Its a beam, please make it work like other beams. Also, give it infinite punch through. Its not like its like maim, or world on fire where you just indiscriminately kills everything, you have to specifically aim it. SO yeah. the sun is super hot and intense, and it doesn't feel like the sun xD  Overall, give it INFINITE MAXIMUM OVERDRIVE punch through and TURBO MEGA COOL beam proc levels. Then its an ability that will actually scale well and not be completely outdone by beam weapons that can do the same thing but better and without energy!

5. OKAY So some animations. She runs with melee out, and walks when you crouch, Its jarring af my pal. DO NOT LIKE. I like the flowy glide. Thats the good stuff. gimme that. pls. luv u.

Oki, so yeah. These are the things. And I said them. It's 1:10am and I am tiured, btu these are how me feel. Tried. I luv wisp sm, pls consider these thing. THANK

OK, I can't speak for 100+ enemy melting and stuff. But Wisp is the only frame so far I could mod for over 300% strength and still was able to uphold sol gate 24/7. Even the powered one. 

Not too shabby for a frame that buffs at the same moment everyone's hp by ~1000, recovery by ~100hp/ sec and running speed/ firing speed by ~95%.

7 minutes ago, bubbabenali said:

OK, I can't speak for 100+ enemy melting and stuff.

On 2019-05-26 at 10:30 AM, EinheriarJudith said:

the answer is yes. it can melt 100+.

Whoever designed her deserves a raise. Everything about her kit is amazing and she's the perfect combination of Excalibur/Nova/Trinity/Volt while retaining uniqueness.

Her ultimate could use a little love.. it's by far her weakest ability. It needs Corrosive damage added to it.. it's very weak against high level Grineer. Do not augment for this, it needs to be buffed outright. Her proper playstyle does not reward using this ability, so it should be effective when it is used. Nerf the damage or increase the drain significantly if need be, but make it useful against all enemy types as she is an All-Around frame.

Other than that. she's perfect. Best frame in years! I wish every new frame had the same flair. No pun intended.

4 minutes ago, Aliothale said:

It needs Corrosive damage added to it.

it doesn't do corrosive damage but it can proc corrosive if you have a haste mote out 

4 minutes ago, Screamlord_Star said:

it doesn't do corrosive damage but it can proc corrosive if you have a haste mote out 

Yea but I feel like it just needs to be added outright. I think doubling the drain and making the stats 33.3/33.3/33.3 Corr/Rad/Fire would be the perfect fix.

Yeah, my thought about Wisp is that aside from some very specific team compositions (e.g., Tridolon hunts), she'd be welcome in basically any group and would boost their performance substantially. 

2 hours ago, Morticoccus said:

Does anyone know if the 3 and 2 stack if you teleport? As in, can I toss a clone at a group of mobs and then teleport to get two boosted range surges at once?

I'm not sure if surge gets range boosted off her clone, but yes you can cast her 3 off her 2 and TP both ways. So like:

*casts will-o-wisp* > *casts surge when her clone is far enough, then press 2 to teleport to it* > *teleport back to reservoir*

The only downside to wisp is when you have one in your team and enemies get zapped through walls. They won’t come into the room if you’re anywhere near them. Everything else seems p good

5 hours ago, Tuench said:

Coz the 2 is not a fast travel option as the frame itself is faster than the decoy and did you read what i wrote? The electric stun from the 1 works better than the actual CC from the 3. ^^

1) Her 2 is faster than movement, if you're holding it down. It doesn't seem like it's faster during short distances, but the speed difference is very clear across long distances. 

2) Her shock therapy isn't more effective in a room full of mobs, or when you want to blind people without alerting anyone. It sometimes has a target limitation, LoS limitation, and sometimes the stun gets resisted. Meanwhile her blind can last up to 40s+ (that's the longet blind duration that i've seen)

I love wisp heaps, she has become my go-to for support, and some of my friends haven't swapped away from her since her release, but after playing as, and with a wisp in my party, i agree with the OP that these are all things that could be improved.

Ability 1: Its great that everyone is able to mod her their own way, but yeah, having a strength build being covered by someone dropping a crappier version is just not good. please let the higher buff override the weaker. all Reservoirs refresh the buffs on everyone, so a range build still has its uses to make it easier to keep the high buff, but making the weaker buff no be overridden when some ... wonderful person drops their range build reservoirs directly over yours to mess with you is downright irritating.

Ability 2: Yes we can hold the cast to make it move faster, but that locks us into using the teleport. what if we want to send it out as a proxy for the 3rd ability, but by the time it would get there the target has moved on? having its range scale with range is great and all, but having its move speed be affected by wisps move speed would be pretty handy i think.

Ability 3This one just seems kind of bland at the moment. the fact that its a slow animation that has quite loud visuals, and the fast that the ability is neutralised by terrain works against it. For what should be such a useful ability, i barely use it because most of the time there's no point in bothering to try to get its full potential. (Edit) Also, please let us teleport through things, or at the very least, make it easier to target the reservoirs. its like trying to shoot a fly from a planets orbit sometimes (End edit)

Ability 4: For something that is supposed to channel the power of the sun, this feels a bit weak. Sure there are going to be people who have issue with that one, but this is just my opinion.

and lastly, Animations: Oh my god this one really bugs me too. i totally agree with the OP. the swapping back to normal walking animations while holding a melee weapon is super jarring. it actually hurts to go from such a nice flowing movement to suddenly running, especially when she doesn't even have any feet. i get that fixing this would probably making variant animations for all the different weapons, but you cant just leave it like this. it does this beautiful frame such a disservice.

Thanks OP for bringing these up.