Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

(The Jovian Concord: Update 25) Wisp Feedback

[DE]Danielle

13 minutes ago, Fallen_Echo said:

Just a notice but this is only seen by you.

You where lucky. I was playng with another 3 Wips.

I wish I was recording to show the amount of times that pixels died and colors turned black.

Still, is something that only will ocurre in especifc squad formation just like Mirage.

13 hours ago, Gabbynaru said:

I'm not sure if this is the right place to post it, but every single Chest and Shoulder piece looks WAY too big on Wisp.

Plus, thanks to the spikes on her shoulders, some shoulder pads (Avia, Ceramica, Lodestar, Pakal, Riv Elite, Umbra) are levitating awkwardly. Also, the spike jabs itself into some of the others, and is even visibly clipping in the Harkonar Spaulders.

Finally, most syandanas (plat only, didn't look at Tennogen) are clipping through herbottom hiding syandana and side skirt syandana.

I noticed that almost all of the shoulder armor pieces don't seem to sit quite right on her as well. 

Hands down one of the best looking frames + fun to play warframe i have been playing warframe for 3 years now i never had this much fun lvling warframes as wisp her signature weapon is awsome i love it now ability review
1st ability awsome 10/10
2nd one you got bamboozled 6/10 not sure about the agro pull though
3rd ability great cc but in closed surroundings its ehh but can cast it again to solve the issue if mobs surround me gets the job done but it has no dmg i mean not a damaging ability but cc is good but but the time enemies stayes cc is ehh so 7/10
4th ability looks cool makes me feel powerful decent dmg until DE fixes heat dmg and negetive side of this ability is MYYY EYESSSSSSSS 😧
PASSIVE IS COOL 
only bug i encountered during lollypolly (eidolon) is like one in a 100 like if you go to energy pillars and somehow the eidolon gets bugged/stuck if you approach it it spins around the platform like crazy sonic style and undmgable thats it encountered it twice
LORE is good 9/10
fight scenes cool 8/10 
if someone tries the boss for the 1st time rage abuse by squad members are high 9/10 😄
drop chance is good 9/10
new enemies are fun and funny 10/10 great models btw
overall review after a long time i am enjoying a frame looks + abilities overall update review 8/10 if u guys agree with me hit the like button 🙂 and DE ty for this awsome frame and this update ❤️

Last feedback thread just got shut down, so I know no one's checking that anymore:

After the Wisp Warframe Profile and seeing some gameplay, I thought that I'd come back and give my two cents on her.

Portal theme is still really dumb. As @Eklectus said above:

Summoning a plant and a deathray (Because it certainly isn't the sun. Opening a portal to the surface of the sun sounds utterly moronic and deadly to all parties involved.) isn't exactly very portal-themed, even if you say she uses portals to summon them. Nova literally summons a wormhole portal you can walk through. Limbo can shift between dimensions and has a kit centered entirely around tossing people between these two dimensions. That's portal themed. This? You could've just as easily said Oberon summons his magic grass through a portal and say he's "portal themed." Excalibur? Obviously he has a portal in his sleeve where he hides his sword. Boom! Portal themed frame! Ash teleports behind enemies to execute them, must be doing it through a portal!

The passive is still really nice.

Reservoirs (Shock) - Why? How exactly is this wisp/portal-like? There's already a fire theme going on too, so the electricity theme is a bit inconsistent. It just seems like a better Tesla, though it doesn't really synergize with the rest of her kit, seeing as this is one of the three stun abilities here.

Will-O-Wisp is actually pretty good, though I think that a little extra flavor can be added to tie in with the passive (more on that later).

Breach Surge - Damage version of Rift Surge lol (10/10 creativity)? It's pretty boring, and is another stun ability, so doesn't really contribute to the kit. The damage is nice enough, but we have Sol Gate... so...

Sol Gate - Fit better as an Ember ability than a Wisp one (there's a reason people are calling her better Ember). Sol Gate is another in the series of "drain-energy-to-drag-your-character-around-the-screen-with-damage-beam" abilities that DE seems to be pushing lately for some reason. Even with all the suggestions to make it different, "some devs are waiting for practical feedback", apparently, which wasn't a problem at all for Garuda or Revenant. We don't need four frames almost back-to-back with essentially the same fourth ability.

So, here's my proposed improvements and changes:

Spoiler

Reservoirs feels like something much more in-line with what Titania's Tribute should be. But perhaps we can make it more unique to Wisp. How about something like having the Reservoirs move around the field with Wisp or even move to teammates. Since Wisp is a movement based Frame, there is absolutely no reason to have stationary Reservoirs in which you have to slowly place a buff beacon and then pick it up. It's way to clunky. In fact-- if the Reservoirs were able to follow Wisp (like a mini version that cycles around her or something), how about only requiring teammates to come get the buffs where the ability was cast? The health buff seems out of place for such a meek Warframe, and the zapping effect doesn't really need to be there at all, as it's one of the three stunning abilities that Wisp has. Instead, I suggest replacing those with an evasion bonus or energy regen, as I think it fits the wisp theme much better. Alternatively, this ability could reward strategic placement of Reservoirs if it needs to remain a stationary ability. Including a portal when the ability timer ends would back the portal theme. Lets say that when the Reservoir timer ends, it tears a breach into space-time, allowing Wisp and allies (and their abilities?) to jump between two portals where the same buffs were.

Will-O-Wisp is pretty much perfect. However, I'd add in something to support Wisp's passive. Lets say that for every enemy Will-O-Wisp passes through, it adds time for Wisp to have decreased fall speed and increase aim-glide time.

Not exactly sure why DE felt we needed a third stunning ability on the same Warframe, but then Breach Surge happened. It blinds and damages, but nothing really else. It seemed clear that DE didn't even know what to make Wisp's third ability when they showed her off, so I think that this can be the ability where synergy is introduced. How about this (admittedly, this will make her a bit more straight-up ghost). Wisp opens dimensional breaches that suck in any nearby enemies below 25% health, instantly killing them, while leeching health off of enemies above that threshold. I didn't think it was entirely appropriate to have the health buff on Reservoirs, but it feels much more natural here. This ability will suck in any Motes on the field, allowing Wisp to redistribute them for half-energy (though the timer will still run down) and also increase the damage done by Wisp's fourth ability. This can be called Breach Shift or something.

Admittedly, I desperately want to get rid of Sol Gate, as it doesn't encompass a portal at all, and the only thing you can trace back to a Wisp is the fire, though that means you can argue Ember is a Wisp too. How about something more like this? Wisp opens a vast array of portals across a wise area, which bring in mini-wisps from the sun to damage and CC enemies. Enemies near portals below 40% health are instantly killed and sucked in.

It'd be great if DE at least saw this post. I hope further improvements can be made to Wisp.

Wisp is interesting. None of her powers seem to have anything to do with any of the several themes we've argued over at great length, but they're useful, easy to combine, and fun to use. 

There's nothing all that Wispy about her, but it happens to work out. A better name would be Vaubloki Embra. 

Edited by Ham_Grenabe

14 hours ago, AreeSoothsayer said:

I think it's how low the damage is. Multiple hits of low damage.

Give it a chance. Apparently (according to the main feedback thread) you can buff the damage by having the Health and Shock buffs active, and you gain Corrosive Status by having the Speed buff (and thus strip armour). That's why you can see both fire and corrosive status on the screen there, even though the base damage is fire and radiation.

Also beams have had some hefty buffs as of 2018 in how they apply damage and status, including the fact that the damage scales up over use similar to Mesa's Peacemaker, the full power beam could be very powerful.

Does the dmg multiplicator on her 3 only affects her 3rd ability? I don't feel like I am doing more dmg overall. Even with x5 multiplicator. 

This is the build I am using so far:

Zuy1gab.png

Edited by DarkPlugin

WILL'O'WISP

- Remove the cheese strategy of stacking invulnerabilities.

BREACH SURGE

1)  Interaction with the motes should be included in the tips

2) Given that it operates on Line of Sight, its synergy with the motes (i.e. increased range) will most of the time be null since it will be obstructed.

-->Motes emanating their own Breach Surge (such as when casting Breach surge during a Will'o'wisp) seems to be a more efficient approach.

-->Make it ignore LOS. With its meager range, I do not see how this change would make her too strong.

SOL GATE

1) While its synergies with the motes, especially the corrosive proc, and the damage increase with the LMB offers a fun experience, its purpose is unclear since a properly modded primary weapon would perform better in terms of clearing speed.

--> Making it tick twice as fast would alleviate the damage problem against armored targets.

--> Increase the damage. This ability had the misfortune of having non-meta damage types

BUGS:

BREACH SURGE:

- Surge sparks sometimes orbit their target, never hitting them. An effect that occurs on a chance and has a seperate chance to actually hit its intended target is preposterous.

SOL:

- Does not affect Eximi outside of Simulacrum.

Edited by DeVieEtMort

Gerade eben schrieb Ham_Grenabe:

Man, I thought it was only me - I burned through 600 energy trying to kill a single eximus yesterday with Sol Gate. Zero damage; it was like it didn't even hit the thing.

Did you stack up your buffs at your plants before?

Just now, DarkPlugin said:

Did you stack up your buffs at your plants before?

No, I was just plowing through an exterminate and decided to touch off Sol Gate on some enemies. The Eximus unit just took zero damage (in fairness, it's possible - this was an infested map - that there was an ancient healer somewhere nearby). 

vor 3 Minuten schrieb Ham_Grenabe:

No, I was just plowing through an exterminate and decided to touch off Sol Gate on some enemies. The Eximus unit just took zero damage (in fairness, it's possible - this was an infested map - that there was an ancient healer somewhere nearby). 

You need to get those buffs first + hold left click to do some dmg:

Synergy: Sol Gate has synergy with other abilities.

• Currently obtained Motes from Reservoirs provide additional properties to Sol Gate.
    • Vitality: Provides a damage buff.
    • Haste: Allows Sol Gate to deal Corrosive b Corrosive procs.
    • Shock: Provides a damage buff.

Edited by DarkPlugin

Gerade eben schrieb Ham_Grenabe:

Cool, I'll do that in the future. This was just a lowish-level thing and I thought "I'ma blast 'em." As it turned out, I did not do a lot of blasting. 😄

Yea I think that is how everyone feels right now but her ult just doesn't make that much damage. 😞

• Like 1

I'll start by saying, Wisp is now my favorite frame in the game.  I love everything she brings to the game.  Right off the start, I feel that she is pretty well put together.  Plays really fluidly and has a lot of playability in the different types of missions.

With that being said, there are a few things that I would like to see changed to improve her overall.

I'll start with Reservoirs  I like this ability more than I thought I would considering the the cycling of the deployables.  But, It can get SO overwhelming when you have more than one wisp in a mission. (not sure what could be done about this though)  For example, I was on hydron and there were four wisps.  Each deployed all 6 of their pods right by the cryopod.  24 pods.... there were too many, it was hard to see the enemies.  Additionally to that, each pod marks the mini map to show which type of pod was where.  So that really cluttered the map and made my loot/enemy radar kinda hard to see.  

Now on to Will-o-wisp:  One thing that I would like to see happen is when your clone runs into a wall.  It will just get stuck there for the remainder of the duration. I would love if it could be changed so when the clone runs into a wall/solid object that stops the momentum, it would turn and go in a direction to continue moving.  The other feature with this ability I feel is quite broken is the invulnerability.  Seems a little overpowered that you can essentially just keep teleporting to reset the invulnerability over and over again.  Maybe there should be some sort of cool down after you first activate the invulnerability.  That way it can't be spammed.

WIth Sol Gate:  The effects are so beautiful but a lot of the time so overwhelming.  Can become really difficult to see exactly what you're aiming it at.  Mostly when you chose a bright or colorful energy color, like white.  

But I love her so much.  Best platinum spent!!

Edited by CeejAttack

So, no matter what syandana you put on her that isn't a backpack, her flap will clip through in multiple places and it looks like an absolute disaster.

I get that sometimes you want to have things flowing off of the warframe, I can even understand that you don't want to look immature with the 'flowing sprint butt' and I understand that sometimes you've rushed a frame through a little bit, but this isn't alright.

Your game already takes up a premium 36 GB, most of which are probably textures that people will have to spend money on to get and a lot of us did in fact spend actual currency getting the tennogen or plat to buy your own cosmetics. The very least you can do is do the minimum amount of visual QA and make sure that it looks halfway decent on release.

Thank you for the work you have done, the new tileset is amazing, the new game mode isn't half bad and the ropadopadingdongshamalamahumpadingersupercalifragilisticexpialidocious bossfight is a step up from the norm, even if it's riddled with bugs. Now remove the damn flap or hide it when there's a syandana on.

1 hour ago, Ham_Grenabe said:

Cool, I'll do that in the future. This was just a lowish-level thing and I thought "I'ma blast 'em." As it turned out, I did not do a lot of blasting. 😄

It doesn't do any damage to Eximus units.

Can we get a word from DE if that is intended or not?

I'm not sure I can put into words exactly why, and I haven't forma'd or taken her into higher level content yet- however, in the process of leveling Wisp I have to say, I've never enjoyed using a frame this much(outside of perhaps Nezha/Nidus, who I just love everything about).

I don't even care if she's not insanely strong, as far as power scaling etc, she's still fun to use and feels extremely well-balanced.  It feels like there's something in her toolkit for any scenario I might find myself in, her abilities look amazing(albeit her 4 can be a bit blinding, but I'm ok with that as I tend to use darker colors anyway), and she seems like she plays well with others.

I like tanky frames as a rule, so I was worried about her squish-factor, however with her 1 this doesn't seem like it'll be too big of an issue provided you play smart.  I'll really have to try and push her limits once I'm done pumping a few forma in to know for sure if she's as tanky as I'd like, but so far, so good.  

Mainly I like how balanced she is.  She has multi-purpose buffs which also help her damage, she can teleport like Nezha/Loki, she can kill with her abilities, she is capable of proc'ing my favorite damage type(Radiation), she's mobile...I just can't find anything negative to say whatsoever.  I'm sure she's not for everyone, and I'm sure that at least part of my love for her won't be shared by others who don't have the same priorities in a frame as I do- but for me, this is one of the most well-designed frames I've ever used.

EDIT: Adding some extra feedback to try and pinpoint exactly why I find Wisp so well-designed:

I feel like I would take Wisp into any type of content and have a purpose.  Some frames, such as Hildryn, Titania, even Frost, are very niche.  I love Frost, don't get me wrong(it was my first frame to have at least 4 forma), but I almost never use him anymore, and I don't see him much outside of Defense-type modes.  Hild/Titania are even more niche- I literally only would pick up either just to cheese my way through certain irritating MR rank-ups and perhaps messing around on some starchart missions for fun.  Wisp being versatile and well-rounded means a lot to me therefore- I won't feel like investing time and forma into her will be in any way a waste of my time or resources.  There's very few frames I find myself wanting to use all the time anymore, and I'm very glad anytime I get to expand that small pool.

I'm not one to shy away from criticizing something I dislike, so I'm by no means a white knight- but I gotta say, well done DE.  You've made at least one player extremely happy with this frame, and I thank you for it.

Edited by Sardekar

As of now Wisp is quite fun to play with, but could it be possible for her special floating animation to be used when having the melee weapon or the archgun out? It feels so weird to see her walking at these times.