Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

[DE]Danielle

(The Jovian Concord: Update 25) Wisp Feedback

These all seem like valid issues. Please be sure to include this in the megathread as anecdotal evidence suggests that DE will read that over your personal one.

1 minute ago, (PS4)RenovaKunumaru said:

These all seem like valid issues. Please be sure to include the in the megathread as anecdotal evidence suggests that DE well read that over your personal one.

Oh oki, shoudl I copy paste this?

vor 34 Minuten schrieb Screamlord_Star:

it doesn't do corrosive damage but it can proc corrosive if you have a haste mote out 

it doesnt have to. proccs are most imprtant, the 75% bonus vs ferrite sure is good but without the procc its still pointless. corr procc +rad dmg is nice vs bombards tho and korrosive dmg +proccs is weaker against them since they have higher armor values but lower health compared to heavy gunners, ignoring the 75% bonus here. thats usually why slash/viral is best vs bombards, even with korr it doesnt perform as great unless its a weapon with rad +korr where 1 part has a dmg bonus and 1 does the armor removal. whisp having a weaker version of that mixture with rad dmg and korr proccs is somewhat a middleground. the only issue is the procc frequency - it needs more dmg instances and each less dmg to keep the total the same but increase procc amount. low -mid lvl wouldnt matter at all but it would be a huge difference later.

Just now, SupernovaSymphony said:

Oh oki, shoudl I copy paste this?

I would. All of the issues you presented were clear, concise, and made sense..

I'd hate for it to be overlooked.

OKAY SO I made a post for this but I got told to also put it here. SO HERE IT IS

Okay, after fully playing with all her abilities a bunch more. Here's My final issues with her.

1.The first buff prevails over the strongest buff. This by far the most irritating issue with her reservoir ability. Its infuriating when Im here to drop 120 health per second, as well as some hype as heck speed buffs, when someone comes along with a weaker wisp giving 30 health per second, with a speed buff equivalent to a 10% strength volt. I could deal with the other issues if this was fixed. LET ME BE STROOONNNNGGG for the team.

2. Her two doesn't move as fast as it should. Okay, SO I personally think this should scale with her move speed, but it scales with range. I get it, but its kinda weird out running it with my mad reservoir speed buffs. This is just a little issue, I'm not actually to phased about this one.

3. Her three is kind... its a thing. Okay, I love the cc, I love the extra damage. But the spreading tendrils have a tendency to just harmlessly dissipate on walls. Please make them not clip into objects. Just let them go through all objects till they hit their targets or hit max range. Heck, its fine if they only seek LOS targets, the ability is mostly fine, its just that issue I dont like. Its a big animation and casting it multiple times is super meeehhhh. EDIT: Forgot to add, teleporting to resivoirs are not the fun. Its hard to target them in the heat of battle. Let us teleport through walls and stuff since we need to actually place the thing first. Being able to dart around the battle frield would be hella dope.  Just restrict it to like, 30m base or something. Would be the most fun. As it is, I cant practically use it, cause a bullet jump is fast and less awkward xD

4. Her 4 is also a thing! Its good! BUT THERE ARE PROBLEMS. Okay so it certainly does enough damage. The heat is great once you've stripped the armour, but theres a problem.... it doesn't tick status procs as much as it should. Its a beam, please make it work like other beams. Also, give it infinite punch through. Its not like its like maim, or world on fire where you just indiscriminately kills everything, you have to specifically aim it. SO yeah. the sun is super hot and intense, and it doesn't feel like the sun xD  Overall, give it INFINITE MAXIMUM OVERDRIVE punch through and TURBO MEGA COOL beam proc levels. Then its an ability that will actually scale well and not be completely outdone by beam weapons that can do the same thing but better and without energy!

5. OKAY So some animations. She runs with melee out, and walks when you crouch, Its jarring af my pal. DO NOT LIKE. I like the flowy glide. Thats the good stuff. gimme that. pls. luv u.

Oki, so yeah. These are the things. And I said them. It's 1:10am and I am tiured, btu these are how me feel. Tried. I luv wisp sm, pls consider these thing. THANK

its now 2:20am. and Im still awake, WHY am I like this

1 minute ago, (PS4)RenovaKunumaru said:

I would. All of the issues you presented were clear, concise, and made sense..

I'd hate for it to be overlooked.

I did it. It is done it is ❤️

What Sol Gate needs most is  a massive radius of damage around the main beam. It's the Sun after all. Have some respect and common sense for the amount of power being called forth.
Fun Fact: If you put a pinhead-sized amount of the Sun on Earth, you could not safely stand within 90 miles of it. Now think of Sol Gate. Understand what I mean?

vor 15 Minuten schrieb -QUILL_PETER-:

What Sol Gate needs most is  a massive radius of damage around the main beam. It's the Sun after all. Have some respect and common sense for the amount of power being called forth.
Fun Fact: If you put a pinhead-sized amount of the Sun on Earth, you could not safely stand within 90 miles of it. Now think of Sol Gate. Understand what I mean?

spaceninjas and dogs from eggs. i think we can safely alter realty to fit a fanasy-setting.

1 hour ago, Blatantfool said:

This logic has it's faults. On one hand you're right, you have to give very real consideration to how well you can take a shot to the jaw once you move past Star-Chart clearing missions.

However, due to steep enemy damage scaling it's a very real problem dedicating too much effort to modding in extra survivability. Eventually, once the enemy level gets up there, they are just gonna start to obliterate you no matter what. In that realm the only defensive trait that matters is the reaction and experience based concept of "Evasiveness". Enemies aren't good at shooting players moving very fast, so you mod for whatever achieves the height of your damage or CC potential and you obliterate enemies based on their threat all while moving enough that they don't even really get a fair chance.

You say that Saryn's DPS is no good if she's dead. That's true. However the Saryn being dead probably has more to do with them screwing up and getting shot than it does her max damage potential build not being survivable enough. Not getting hit is the best defensive stat line. Good Saryn are flying, dodging whirlwinds of DPS.

Wisp has that flying dodging thing built in with her passive 😄

And ya, a good Saryn player is going to survive longer than a fully tank-modded player who just stands around.  But no matter how bouncy you are, you eventually will get caught by AoE, dots, whatever.  This is why Saryn hits a survival wall much sooner than the true tank frames like Inaros.  Still, for 99% of gameplay, you're right which is why I use 1 hour survival as a baseline rather than 4 hours to decide whether to bother with a frame or not.

By any reasonable standard, Wisp is an excellent frame.  She's not the DPS monster than Saryn or Mesa is.  She's not the tank that Nidus or Inaros are.  She's not the stealth master that Ivara, Loki, or Octavia are.  But she's still really good to bring along as a member of your team because she'll make all of those other frames even better while not becoming a liability to the team at any point (on demand instant stealth is pretty amazing for survivability).

p.s.  Thanks for your reply.  I always enjoy responses that make me think things through a bit more, and in this case, even googling to make sure nobody has posted a 4 hour Saryn Mot Survival video. 😛

I love the Wisp. I'm hardly playing anything else since I got her.

Reservoirs are simply her best feature. With high strength you even can replace attack speed/fire rate mods in your weapons!

Only downside: stronger reservoirs don't overwrite weaker ones. That's rather annoying when you're playing along a beginning fellow Wisp. Please change that quickly.

Will-O-Wisp in channel mode could use a slight speed buff (maybe 15-25%). It would be cool if it would keep following your cursor while channeling.

Breach Surge's scan box for reservoirs could be a bit bigger, must be hard on controller users to aim for those. 

Sol Gate needs a big buff. Even with 300%+ ability strength, it totally pales compared to the mote-buffed weapons. I was expecting some kind of Sentient killer here, but Demolysts just shrug and laugh at you when you're using it. As visibility is greatly reduced and you have to aim it manually, limitless punchthrough would be nice. The outer sphere of the sun still has close to 6k Kelvin, I'd recommend to orientate on a bit more Cyclops(X-Men)-level of destruction here. Short but hefty!

Animation is among the coolest features of Wisp. Please let her float when holding (not when fighting) melee weapons or when crouching (low and slow slithering movement) , too!

Thanks for that great Warframe!

5 minutes ago, Toran said:

I love the Wisp. I'm hardly playing anything else since I got her.

Reservoirs are simply her best feature. With high strength you even can replace attack speed/fire rate mods in your weapons!

Only downside: stronger reservoirs don't overwrite weaker ones. That's rather annoying when you're playing along a beginning fellow Wisp. Please change that quickly.

Will-O-Wisp in channel mode could use a slight speed buff (maybe 15-25%). It would be cool if it would keep following your cursor while channeling.

Breach Surge's scan box for reservoirs could be a bit bigger, must be hard on controller users to aim for those. 

Sol Gate needs a big buff. Even with 300%+ ability strength, it totally pales compared to the mote-buffed weapons. I was expecting some kind of Sentient killer here, but Demolysts just shrug and laugh at you when you're using it. As visibility is greatly reduced and you have to aim it manually, limitless punchthrough would be nice. The outer sphere of the sun still has close to 6k Kelvin, I'd recommend to orientate on a bit more Cyclops(X-Men)-level of destruction here. Short but hefty!

Animation is among the coolest features of Wisp. Please let her float when holding (not when fighting) melee weapons or when crouching (low and slow slithering movement) , too!

Thanks for that great Warframe!

WOO

Nice review, still trying to get blueprints to drop. Quick question on her will-o-wisp can it be used upwards? or is it just only along the ground?

vor 3 Stunden schrieb Morticoccus:

Does anyone know if the 3 and 2 stack if you teleport? As in, can I toss a clone at a group of mobs and then teleport to get two boosted range surges at once?

Indeed, your clone gets double the range on it's Breach Surge if you teleport to a Reservoir.

Just a little bit ago we rolled an arbitration with Wisp getting the 300% ability strength bonus.  Of course I jumped in because I lurve Wisp.  On top of that, I'm running an Umbral Wisp build that already had 304% ability strength (I stopped there to also get 60s duration on her buffs).  So if ever there was going to be a time for Sol Gate to shine, this would be it, right?

And you know what?  My Sol Gate's listed damage per second was 6004!!!!  SO AWESOME!!!!  Finally I'll get to burn things with the power of the sun!

Except that didn't happen.  Even with that base 6k damage, and the synergy with 3 active reservoir buffs, I might as well have been slapping the corrupted enemies with wet lasagna noodles for all the good POWER OF THE SUN was doing me.  

Meanwhile, my Fulmin was one shotting those same enemies...

(I wish I'd taken a screenshot of just how pathetic an effectively 600% ability strength Wisp's ultimate ability is....)

p.s.  This is not feedback.  Feedback would include suggestions that DE completely revamp the damage model and offensive abilities, and I'm not holding my breath waiting for that.  I mean, we still can't manually block in melee without leaving primary/secondary, and the mods/buffs they can bring, behind, and that's something we used to be able to do.  Can you imagine how long it's going to take for something totally new, like actually being able to use pure offensive abilities at slightly higher than normal difficulties, to get done?

8 minutes ago, Sept3var said:

Nice review, still trying to get blueprints to drop. Quick question on her will-o-wisp can it be used upwards? or is it just only along the ground?

Yep it flies to where you are aiming. It moves faster if you hold the button down.

I put my umbral forma on wisp as well and i'm loving it.

I need one more umbral forma to get her to where I want her though.

Wisp is fine , the OP was thinking of Trinity the whole time.

38 minutes ago, Xydeth said:

spaceninjas and dogs from eggs. i think we can safely alter realty to fit a fanasy-setting.

"Reality can be whatever [DE] want."

DE is loving this.  They want to stop the power creep and maybe this is the first chance they got to say 'too bad, get gud' 

39 minutes ago, Xydeth said:

...is the excuse you would typically use to make something more powerful than it should be. But to make a beam that is literally the sun be a laser pointer? Come on, it's an ult. Make it feel like one and perform like one, not just look like one.

1 minute ago, SteelOverseer666 said:

Yep it flies to where you are aiming. It moves faster if you hold the button down.

I put my umbral forma on wisp as well and i'm loving it.

I need one more umbral forma to get her to where I want her though.

I shoot her Wil-o-Wisp at the ceiling all the time.  It gets me my stealth while not tempting my targets into possibly running after it.

As for needing another Umbra...uh...why?  You can just forma the hell out of her to get to the same place 😄  I mean, I even stuck an aura forma on mine so that no matter what aura the group I'm joining needs, I can throw it on her.  In fact, my temptation now is to finish pouring endo into my Umbral mods even though that'll break a bunch of other frames I use them on.

33FB66441825B4BEB51DE010030DD216B2B7002F

Very nice frame overall. Higher power str motes need to always overwrite lower str though, and this doesn't seem to be the case. I didn't spend the time making it into a high power str support to have the buffs overwritten by weaker buffs.

vor einer Stunde schrieb Xydeth:
Zitat

it doesn't do corrosive damage but it can proc corrosive if you have a haste mote out 

it doesnt have to. proccs are most imprtant, the 75% bonus vs ferrite sure is good but without the procc its still pointless. corr procc +rad dmg is nice vs bombards tho and korrosive dmg +proccs is weaker against them since they have higher armor values but lower health compared to heavy gunners, ignoring the 75% bonus here. thats usually why slash/viral is best vs bombards, even with korr it doesnt perform as great unless its a weapon with rad +korr where 1 part has a dmg bonus and 1 does the armor removal. whisp having a weaker version of that mixture with rad dmg and korr proccs is somewhat a middleground. the only issue is the procc frequency - it needs more dmg instances and each less dmg to keep the total the same but increase procc amount. low -mid lvl wouldnt matter at all but it would be a huge difference later.

What people often seem to omit (or don't know) is if a damage type does bonus damage against Ferrite/Alloy armor, it also always ignores the same percentage of the armor value altogether. So Corrosive damage against a target with say 1000 Ferrite armor would treat the target as if it had only 250 armor. This doesn't invalidate Corrosive procs against highly armored targets but it's far from, how did you say, pointless.

And this also goes to explain your example why Rad damage + Corrosive procs are better vs Bombards than Corrosive damage + corrosive procs, which is far more impactful than the health difference between Heavy Gunners and Bombards.

il y a 4 minutes, (XB1)Skippy575 a dit :

Isn't that because heat damage does jack at higher levels?

No, it's because 1k base DPS is worthless regardless of what you do with it. Our top guns nowadays literally deal hundreds of times that damage, let alone the melees which get to thousands of times that... 

To put that in perspective, even before the powercreep hit like a truck the good guns were doing 25k ish dps. Wisp can get... Uhhh... 3k on an awesome day? Yeaaaaaaaa no.