Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

(The Jovian Concord: Update 25) Wisp Feedback

[DE]Danielle

3 minutes ago, Xhobract said:

That is not correct. If you teleport to a reservoir you don't get two surges of different origin (previous position and reservoir location like you are saying), but the range gets doubled. If you stand next to enemies and teleport to a far enough away reservoir with her 3, the enemies next to where you stood before that teleport won't get blinded. Really easy to test in Simulacrum if you don't believe me.

If you use 2 and cast 3 is when you get two surges of different origin (Wisps position and where her 2's clone is). You can also combine both cases where you cast 2 and teleport with 3 to a reservoir: Surges erupt from you and your clone with double the normal range.

Thanks, I'm definitely going to be using that combo a lot on defense missions.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Tuench said:

Coz the 2 is not a fast travel option as the frame itself is faster than the decoy and did you read what i wrote? The electric stun from the 1 works better than the actual CC from the 3. ^^

This is absolutely correct. There is no scaling for the speed of her Will-o-Wisp. It is just as fast at rank 1 of the ability with no stats as it is fully leveled, fully modded. For this reason there are plenty of times you are faster than even the speed increased 2. Like a whole bunch of people have pointed out. Also for the most part, yeah the stun from her 1 works better than the cc from her 3. Primarily because you have 4 people running around with permanent stun everything in 15m buff on. Yeah there is a target limit for each like 2 second "pulse" with 4 people this is like 20 enemies. 3 is limited to LoS, so unless you got 20 targets in line of sight and cast her 3 every 2 seconds, her mote is better. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Now, why I return to this forum anyway. I'm going to up the ante on my original feedback. With about 36 hours of straight wisp, I've found a groove that works for me, mostly. Given aforementioned concerns of the ergonomics of the frame, I have done exactly as most do over the course of using a Warframe. I have gone about excluding the use of abilities almost entirely because they serve very little purpose. Let me just fully state for posterity: She is incredibly annoying to use in any mission that is not designed to sit in one spot for 5+ minutes. Her reservoirs are the reason for this. With this one ability you destroy any sort of mobility she would have in: Assault, Capture, Defection, Exterminate, Hijack, Rescue, Sabotage, and Spy. In addition, though in Bounties, Deception, Excavation, Sanctuary Onslaught and Survival you can theoretically stay in about the same location for a good amount of time, you still end up resetting up all 3 buffs enough that it's frustrating. In the non endless mission types, I just drop haste mote every time it disappears and live with the fact I don't get the others. There is currently no way to use this efficiently in any other way.

While talking about how her 1 ruins 8/22 missions (36%), counting the ones she requires a very cooperative team to not be driven insane 13/22 (59%), we can talk about some in a little more detail as to why even more so her set up has ignored a good portion of this game. Her stealth, both abilities, are straight useless in spy/spy bounty. I have my operator at any time in these missions. Staying in the air to remain stealthed does not help hacking consoles, does not help prevent enemies from detecting you, breaks on attack so you can't even dive melee finish unaware enemies with Skiajati and hope to remain stealthed the whole time, and doesn't linger during Wall Latch. This together, no there is practically no purpose to the passive. Can't even stay airborne invisible if you throw your whole mod setup into it if you plan on attacking, or if you plan on touching walls at all. Her 2 is a trap. Correlating with the spy mission idea the only way to use this is to kill all enemies/cameras and use it to teleport through lasers. You cannot throw a decoy out in the middle of a vault to access the panel unless you wouldn't be detected by anything anyway. In other missions, the likes she actually does well, her 2 is primarily a survival mechanism and secondarily a teleport. To achieve the first purpose, one simply needs to double tap 2, providing instant invulnerability. To achieve the second purpose, she has to totally forgo any movement speed buffs including her 1 to give any sort of reason to teleport using it. It, even faster while holding it down, is nowhere near as fast and precise as we are with parkour. Especially now you added a bunch more parkour options.

Her 3. So again in the missions she does fine in with a little set up you can use this to actually teleport faster than running. A little set up is an interesting phrase. You must make sure it's not behind Frost Globe/Gara Ice, or it cannot be targeted to teleport to. You also only have 6 to work with. So for interception, this usually has me making 1 main base, and putting a vitality mote on each base to teleport to. Screw up the placement of any in that sequence and you have to start all over again, because the ability removes the oldest one rather than letting you get rid of ones you do not want. I remember multiple times being done with the whole concept because it was taking up to 50% decoding to set up all the bases just for a nullifier or errant placed frost bubble to ruin the work. That's for the teleport. For the rest of the ability, it might be one of those that is totally broken client side, or something far worse. People here have been wondering if it even does what the ability describes it does. I can confirm that when it chooses to it blinds enemies in LoS, when you hit those enemies with a less than lethal attack it releases a mote that does damage if it can find an enemy. Since it doesn't do much damage in the first place, has a hard time locating targets, and requires you not to kill the target in one hit, it is a blind/teleport. A teleport that takes an enormous amount of effort to set up and use, but better than her other teleport. The blind is no better than Radial Blind, as the difference between finishers/not is mostly a matter of opinion.

Her 4. Great when people are getting your goat by killing all your enemies. The absolutely best use of this is making it the most annoying color, building range (stretch or augur just fine), then blasting the player in question. Just hold them in the beam for.... IDK 20-30 seconds at a time. Of course its doing no damage but, like spamming the Clem outta Simulor with Mirage, it clearly displays your displeasure with the way others are playing by insisting on a strategy that is mostly annoying. Other than that, yeah you will end up swiping enemies along with it and since holding the laser on a single enemy until it dies is the wrong way to use this ability, this seems just as well. After about level 30 this is the tickle monster how it is supposed to be used, and still fairly annoying to swipe for effectiveness, especially in any sort of tight quarters. 

Now besides that, I'm running about loaded with the Fulmin(still pricelessly effective despite it not bugged to hit twice) Ballistica Prime and Synoid Heliocor. My strategy is thus to provide the buffs to my team when necessary, then running around at near light speed (Dispatch Overdrive on Heliocor) creating an army of ghost warriors. My legion is the envy of even Nekros, if albeit unable to provide me with mitigation. Still my invulnerability, Quick Thinking and 850 energy pool keep me relatively healthy when there is a hickup and someone manages to target me instead of my ghosts. Since most abilities are either permanent buffs, or laughably useless, I get to keep up my invulnerability better than Valkyr, while keeping people off the objective about as well as Nyx. It's also pretty funny confusing people about the powers of the new Warframe since my set up actually looks more correct to her theme. Since I'm well past the threshold "Fashionframe is endgame", I will continue to fly across the map as my Wispy Wendigo driving all those around me to madness as they try to figure out how I'm doing what I'm doing. Would have liked having some native support for this kind of play style on a female Warframe. I feel like the ball was dropped to the core of the sun on this one. Perhaps non-inclusively so. 

Edited by F8ted
Unnecessary filler. Felt need for vindication.

16 minutes ago, Xhobract said:

That is not correct. ~~snip~~

If you use 2 and cast 3 is when you get two surges of different origin (Wisps position and where her 2's clone is). You can also combine both cases where you cast 2 and teleport with 3 to a reservoir: Surges erupt from you and your clone with double the normal range.

Ohh that's why I saw the surge from where I teleported....  but what do you mean by combining the two? Is there an easier/faster/more intuitive way to do it?

Edit: I think I understand what you mean now.... You mean that If I teleport to a reservoir, it still procs from my clone; correct?

Edited by Maka.Bones

1 minute ago, Maka.Bones said:

Ohh that's why I saw the surge from where I teleported....  but what do you mean by combining the two? Is there an easier/faster/more intuitive way to do it?

Cast 2 in the direction of some enemies (the slow version that attracts enemy fire), turn around and target your reservoirs, press 3?

5 minutes ago, Morticoccus said:

Cast 2 in the direction of some enemies (the slow version that attracts enemy fire), turn around and target your reservoirs, press 3?

Thanks, I didn't know that would still cause surge on your clone. I thought I had to aim at the clone while casting surge, for it to also have the effect. 

That has a lot of strategic value. It's incredibly helpful, and awesome that the devs added this mechanic.  

Edited by Maka.Bones

<Copypasta of a post I made because I couldn't find this post>

So, after playing Wisp for a little longer than most reviewers and actually spending time on the Simulacrum and normal missions, I can finally say something:
Wisp is amazing.
But...

We all know what her abilities do at this point, she can instantly travel 2km in one button press, she can heal as much as an Oberon while adding health, speed and CC, she can be a Goku and deal damage as such, but there is one tiny detail that most of us glossed over, which is how her 1 (Reservoir) works with other Wisp's Reservoirs.

To get everyone on the same page here, I'll run down exactly what her 1 and 3 does and why I think their relationship with themselves should change:

Wisp's 1st ability, Reservoir, puts down one of three possible beacons. A health one, a speed one and a shock one. Ally Warframes can pick them up by passing near them inside the marked range to get the assigned buff. The problem here starts when two or more Wisps are on the same squad. What do you think will happen when each Wisp spawns their own Health Reservoir, for example? If your answer was "Whichever Mote (Reservoir's buff) is applied last sticks" you guessed wrong, but only partially.

The buff is applied in this specific way: When you enter a Reservoir range, you get a Mote which applies the assigned buff to your Warframe (it does not apply to any companions, moas, objectives or specters, only Warframes) based on the current stats on the Wisp that placed said Reservoir with infinite duration. When you exit the range, however, it applies the duration based on the stats of the Wisp that placed the Reservoir. If you didn't noticed the problem, It's because it starts when other Wisps (or a Corruption buff) enters the equation.

Let's say I have a Wisp with all 100% stats (strength, duration and range) and there's an allied Wisp with all 50% stats, just for the sake of this example. If an ally with no Motes enters my Reservoir range first and gets my Motes, then passes through the other Wisp's Reservoir range (whether or not they're on top of eachother) and leaves her area first, he stays with my Motes, but with her duration applied, because he left her range last, not mine. So, this means that the only way to improve on the buff while on the match because, let's say. you got Corruption buff on Wisp, for example, is to get rid of the old Motes and pass through the Reservoirs range again to get the improved buff before the Corruption buff ends. Oh, yeah, you can place a Reservoir with improved range, but it doesn't count as a "corrupted" Reservoir, it will only apply the buffed Mote if you grab it while Wisp is corrupted, so if you are on a Lith fissure without a pit to throw yourself, screw you with your tiny buffs.

And yes, I know that, should you pull it off correctly, you get a +1000 HP, +100 heal/s, +80% speed and etc for the rest of the match, which is pretty OP, but my ramble isn't about bein OP, it's about inconsistency. The way this should work is whenever you pass a Vitality or Haste Reservoir with more Ability Strength or a Shock Reservoir with more Range than the one you currently have, it replaces it with the stronger one (including its fashion, which is a downside) and it should only reset the duration (the infinity symbol on the UI) if the current duration is less or equal to the Reservoir you're passing through. It really hurts to get a +200 HP increase and have to wait for 30s for it to end, so I can get my +500 HP instead, specially when there is no pit to throw myself in and some unexperienced Wisp players might spam Reservoirs around the map, because they don't know how they work.

And about the Breach Surge, any Wisp should be able to use it on any other Wisp's Reservoirs to add on flexibility. That would be so cool to have, but I'm more interested on having the fix for the inconsistency on her Reservoirs first.

Thanks for reading all this text, it should be up on the Forums, r/Warframe and the International Tenno Hub group on Facebook to get maximum attention to this topic.
Stay safe and happy farms!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Xavori said:

Wisp has that flying dodging thing built in with her passive 😄

And ya, a good Saryn player is going to survive longer than a fully tank-modded player who just stands around.  But no matter how bouncy you are, you eventually will get caught by AoE, dots, whatever.  This is why Saryn hits a survival wall much sooner than the true tank frames like Inaros.  Still, for 99% of gameplay, you're right which is why I use 1 hour survival as a baseline rather than 4 hours to decide whether to bother with a frame or not.

By any reasonable standard, Wisp is an excellent frame.  She's not the DPS monster than Saryn or Mesa is.  She's not the tank that Nidus or Inaros are.  She's not the stealth master that Ivara, Loki, or Octavia are.  But she's still really good to bring along as a member of your team because she'll make all of those other frames even better while not becoming a liability to the team at any point (on demand instant stealth is pretty amazing for survivability).

p.s.  Thanks for your reply.  I always enjoy responses that make me think things through a bit more, and in this case, even googling to make sure nobody has posted a 4 hour Saryn Mot Survival video. 😛

The player's relationship with 'survivability through speed of play' in Warframe is an interesting one. It's this thing you have to be aware of because even the slowest frames can be taken to silly places very easily.

Over the six or so years I've been playing my relationship with what I think is survivable enough has changed a lot. Used to be the guy who'd put health and shield on everything back in the day. Now I try to find any excuse at all to only have a single survivability mod equipped. I think carefully about exactly what I'm going to be doing once I'm in the map in that regard. "What is going to let me play in a way that avoids wasting too much mod space on health or shields?" is in my head any time I'm not playing a frame who is tanky and meant to be played as such. It's true - you'll be caught in something eventually whether it's an AoE, a bad position or simply having run out of energy.

I've not played Wisp, but I think she's a pretty good poster girl for the support archetype. Her cloak making in fly invis even further boosts the value of playing fast and flighty. Teamed with her ability to also decoy and teleport? She lends herself very naturally to the play style Warframe shines in. I personally do find it a bit of a shame that her 4 couldn't have been some bit synergistic cash in if you combo her kit or something (Like damn maybe the Mote flower should erupt radial 'sun' energy while the beam is going as well, right?)

She could potentially be pretty whacky for weapon damage amplification too. I've been playing with https://warframe.fandom.com/wiki/Motus_Signal a bit and it's no kidding that this set of mods is basically specifically meant for her, the extra push of momentum you get from the double jump boosting effect is really, really cool. Try it if you haven't. I think I'd personally run just the Signal mod and then https://warframe.fandom.com/wiki/Motus_Setup . I can see the potential for really good returns.

• Like 1

Wisp landing animation is still default.

Please replace the default Wisp landing animation from orbiter & vent before start of the mission to proper Wisps one, like her heavy landing animation. It looks amazing and will make more sense.

Default:

GWz8Ihv.gif

Wisp heavy landing animation:

EtpU4sF.gif

Cheers.

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, Blatantfool said:

The player's relationship with 'survivability through speed of play' in Warframe is an interesting one. It's this thing you have to be aware of because even the slowest frames can be taken to silly places very easily.

Over the six or so years I've been playing my relationship with what I think is survivable enough has changed a lot. Used to be the guy who'd put health and shield on everything back in the day. Now I try to find any excuse at all to only have a single survivability mod equipped. I think carefully about exactly what I'm going to be doing once I'm in the map in that regard. "What is going to let me play in a way that avoids wasting too much mod space on health or shields?" is in my head any time I'm not playing a frame who is tanky and meant to be played as such. It's true - you'll be caught in something eventually whether it's an AoE, a bad position or simply having run out of energy.

I've not played Wisp, but I think she's a pretty good poster girl for the support archetype. Her cloak making in fly invis even further boosts the value of playing fast and flighty. Teamed with her ability to also decoy and teleport? She lends herself very naturally to the play style Warframe shines in. I personally do find it a bit of a shame that her 4 couldn't have been some bit synergistic cash in if you combo her kit or something (Like damn maybe the Mote flower should erupt radial 'sun' energy while the beam is going as well, right?)

She could potentially be pretty whacky for weapon damage amplification too. I've been playing with https://warframe.fandom.com/wiki/Motus_Signal a bit and it's no kidding that this set of mods is basically specifically meant for her, the extra push of momentum you get from the double jump boosting effect is really, really cool. Try it if you haven't. I think I'd personally run just the Signal mod and then https://warframe.fandom.com/wiki/Motus_Setup . I can see the potential for really good returns.

I have an entire aerial Wisp build designed around making her effectively immortal while still keeping decent utility in her buffs.  It's a pure support build, but when your team never has to worry about keeping their support alive, they can focus on other things.

Oh, and Zephyr...you have to try going with the new mods that eliminate gravity, increase aim glide time, etc.  The build I made for him makes it harder to get back to the ground than to stay in the air 😛

• Like 1

A note on today's update: It didn't fixed the Corruption problem, and, presumably, it still works for Energy Conversion as well (the 50% str bonus applies if you have the Conversion when you get the Mote, not when you put the Reservoir and does not consume the conversion)

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, BalaDeSilver said:

100% intentional: 

So it's only buffing you based on wisp's current stats when you get the buff?... Edit: But you only get the new one, if you didn't already have one... So it's still similar to before?

Edited by Maka.Bones

Honestly, I'd rather have something thematic than trying to fix this thing, but if we're stuck with it, might as well give y'all feedback to show why it's bad...

Here's where I'm at with my Wisp's ability numbers:

Duration: 199%

Efficiency: 45%

Range: 64%

Strength: 304%

That puts her listed Sol Gate numbers at :

Drain: 38.75

Drain/s: 9.35

Damage/s: 4560

Range: 25.6m

If anyone should be able to make this work, I should, right? Ha! You wish.

4560 damage/s is a joke.  My Fulmin (ie. not even a top DPS weapon, just a good choice for Wisp as it's unlimited ammo and flexible firing modes work pretty well) in semi-auto has:

1000 Impact

11,500 Radiation

10,500 Viral

2.12 Fire rate (ie. roughly 2 shots per second)

So, I can burn energy doing 4560 damage per second, or I can not burn energy and do 46,000 damage per second.  Gee.  I wonder which one of these is better?  But wait!  There's more.

Wisp has a fire rate buff.  In my case, that's 91%.  Well, if I take my 46k/s and make it ~90k/s and I compare that with the gentle tap of THE POWER OF THE SUN!!!, well, I hope we aren't actually counting on the sun's energy for anything because apparently it doesn't have all that much.  

Now I'm sure you're thinking, "But Xav!  Wisp's 4 has synergy with 1!"

Sure, why not.  

Vitality is 25% damage buff and Shock is another 25%.  Haste provides corrosive procs, but doesn't add corrosive damage to the beam.  So we get an extra 50% damage.  4560*1.5 = Not as much as Fulmin.  And even if you add in the effect of dumping energy by holding the fire button you're not to Fulmin and you're out of energy in a few moments unless you actually build a much lower strength than I did which in turn makes everything worse before you even start.

The final check I did was to head to the simulator, spawn level 130 Nightwatch Bombards, and try to kill them with THE POWER OF THE SUN.  No dice.  Even throwing the full 300 energy, with buffs, they lived.  Meanwhile 3-5 shots with a good weapon (ie. not Fulmin), they're dead.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, F8ted said:

Now, why I return to this forum anyway. I'm going to up the ante on my original feedback. With about 36 hours of straight wisp, I've found a groove that works for me, mostly. Given aforementioned concerns of the ergonomics of the frame, I have done exactly as most do over the course of using a Warframe. I have gone about excluding the use of abilities almost entirely because they serve very little purpose. Let me just fully state for posterity: She is incredibly annoying to use in any mission that is not designed to sit in one spot for 5+ minutes. Her reservoirs are the reason for this. With this one ability you destroy any sort of mobility she would have in: Assault, Capture, Defection, Exterminate, Hijack, Rescue, Sabotage, and Spy. In addition, though in Bounties, Deception, Excavation, Sanctuary Onslaught and Survival you can theoretically stay in about the same location for a good amount of time, you still end up resetting up all 3 buffs enough that it's frustrating. In the non endless mission types, I just drop haste mote every time it disappears and live with the fact I don't get the others. There is currently no way to use this efficiently in any other way.

Wisp is pretty much amazing in any map type.  She only has 2 powers, but so what.  Her 1 makes her entire team better, and unlike your claim "no way to use this effectively in any other way." you are absolutely, positively, completely wrong.  Thing is, you have to build with only 2 powers in mind (you obviously didn't based on your entire post), and you have to know how to play and have a pretty good idea on how your teammates are going to play.

What I mean is that if you just drop her buffs wherever, you're right, might as well not have them on most maps.  But the thing is...Wisp is fast.  And she's sneaky when she's being fast.  If you can't get ahead of your team to drop down buffs as they run by, that's on you.  If you cannot figure out where to put down buffs so they are convenient for your teammates to pick up as needed, that's on you.  All you need to do is be aware of your teammates likely behavior, and your buffs are go, and built right, they are excellent (she's not the best at any buff type, but she does 3 of them in one frame).

As for her 2 power...it's not a travel power.  Well, I guess if you screwed up your build like you obviously did maybe it is, but for the rest of us, Wisp is faster than her decoy once she has Haste mote.  It's not even a good decoy as it is at least fast enough to get outside the aggro range of the AI pretty quickly.  What her 2 is is your get out of jail free card and/or set up for stealth damage bonus when you blast some big bad in the face (want to know how I can one-shot bombards and demolysts?).    It's instant 5-10 seconds of invisibility that doesn't break and screws up the AI for a moment, especially if you just fire it at the ceiling so the AI stands there looking at it while you line up your stealth damage headshot.

Wisp is easily one of the most survivable frames we have.  She has instant, on-demand, needs no energy, stealth.  She has both bonus health and regen.  She is very fast.  And perhaps most importantly, she makes her entire team better.

Now, if you want to complain about her 3&4 powers, I'm right there with ya.  They might as well not exist so I treat them as if they don't exist, and that goes all the way back to how I built her (I actually have 3 builds that I can run depending on what game mode I'm playing and what I think will most help).

• Like 1

I like Wisp Sol gate ability buff, but i'ts near worthless this buff. I tested again and it is pretyt much the same. Punch on Sol Gate ofc is good, but the damage is crap. Wisp selling point for me was: Her sounds. Her design. Her Sol Gate. I love wisp even more than Mirage-Nova-Mag. But the ultimate? good looking, awesome sounds, no damage at all. Make her ult for example : Be influenced by Elemental mod (Heat-Electric ecc from secondary or melee), Augment the damage ticks. 1 ticks per second if i'm not wrong, is bad really really bad. Augment Sol Gate with more damage, ticks and ofc more energy drain per second even much more if needed.

And trust me i don't want a press 4 to win, in fact i want an ultimate strong but at the same time balanced. Not something like Equinox stacked damage, or Gara 4 with a good melee + riven.

1 minute ago, MarketShark said:

I like Wisp Sol gate ability buff, but i'ts near worthless this buff. I tested again and it is pretyt much the same. Punch on Sol Gate ofc is good, but the damage is crap. Wisp selling point for me was: Her sounds. Her design. Her Sol Gate. I love wisp even more than Mirage-Nova-Mag. But the ultimate? good looking, awesome sounds, no damage at all. Make her ult for example : Be influenced by Elemental mod (Heat-Electric ecc from secondary or melee), Augment the damage ticks. 1 ticks per second if i'm not wrong, is bad really really bad. Augment Sol Gate with more damage, ticks and ofc more energy drain per second even much more if needed.

And trust me i don't want a press 4 to win, in fact i want an ultimate strong but at the same time balanced. Not something like Equinox stacked damage, or Gara 4 with a good melee + riven.

if sol gate did bad damage i wouldnt be able to kill 160 corrupted bombards which in fact i still can. they increased tic rate which most people were asking for. you are looking for press 4 to win. the thing i like best about wisp is you have to put some effort in to get alot of damage 3+4 kills anything.

• Like 1

I tried Wisp's 4 after it's buffs and it is better than before. At lvl 140 - 200+, her 4 can deal with them when combined with her 1 but when reaching lvl 210 or past, it starts to fall off. But it's still a Improvement over the Pre - Hotfix Sol Gate which had more of a issue at lvl 140. I do get better results if i added her 3 before using her 4 and have her 1's buffs active.

• Like 3

Wisp is an overall fantastically designed frame, she has organic synergies and is extremely smooth to play. Definitely my second favorite frame, after Hildryn. As a vet who has been playing since October of 2014, I am completely and totally sure that this game is finally improving in large, large ways (damn, disruption is clean. Needs a bit more rewards though, maybe an epherma?)

However, I have one problem with Wisp. Sol Gate has a very janky opportunity cost compared to her other abilities. By this, I mean it consumes massive amounts of energy which means it's barely usable for any reasonable amount of time. In fact, building for power strength directly hurts its capacities vs higher armor enemies because of the damage ramp up can't keep up with the rapid energy drain. This means that, when building for power strength, you are at an inherent disadvantage when using this ability. Making an ability more powerful should never render it nearly completely useless.

So what do I believe should be done?

Simple, it requires way too much energy to use. This isn't Danse Macabre, this is a wide cone, not a far ranged AoE rapidly adapting lightshow. So it needs to have the energy cost of a cone. I think 7 energy per second would be fine, maybe 9. The efficiency cap can stay, that's fine. My problem is that using this ability is literally impossible if you have an abundance of power strength. So a drain of 7 per second would aid builds with high power strength, while allowing high efficiency builds to have much more variability in modding.

Also, maybe improving its tick rate to 4 per second would aid it in messying armor. It's a sun laser, kinda expect it to be smooth ya know?

Edited by sappinmahsentry

6 minutes ago, sappinmahsentry said:

Wisp is an overall fantastically designed frame, she has organic synergies and is extremely smooth to play. Definitely my second favorite frame, after Hildryn. As a vet who has been playing since October of 2014, I am completely and totally sure that this game is finally improving in large, large ways (damn, disruption is clean. Needs a bit more rewards though, maybe an epherma?)

However, I have one problem with Wisp. Sol Gate has a very janky opportunity cost compared to her other abilities. By this, I mean it consumes massive amounts of energy which means it's barely usable for any reasonable amount of time. In fact, building for power strength directly hurts its capacities vs higher armor enemies because of the damage ramp up can't keep up with the rapid energy drain. This means that, when building for power strength, you are at an inherent disadvantage when using this ability. Making an ability more powerful should never render it nearly completely useless.

So what do I believe should be done?

Simple, it requires way too much energy to use. This isn't Danse Macabre, this is a wide cone, not a far ranged AoE rapidly adapting lightshow. So it needs to have the energy cost of a cone. I think 7 energy per second would be fine, maybe 9. The efficiency cap can stay, that's fine. My problem is that using this ability is literally impossible if you have an abundance of power strength. So a drain of 7 per second would aid builds with high power strength, while allowing high efficiency builds to have much more variability in modding.

if you dump duration it will drain fast. im currently at 156% duration and my drain is 5.4/s.

Edit: people going for that max str well it comes at a cost. which is why i lowered mine to 200%. or people could use rage/hunter adrenaline because she is an HP tank after all.

Edited by EinheriarJudith
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Xavori said:

As for her 2 power...it's not a travel power.  Well, I guess if you screwed up your build like you obviously did maybe it is, but for the rest of us, Wisp is faster than her decoy once she has Haste mote

It actually moves faster than you, if you give it enough time to. Around 30m, you won't see the difference. But you'll notice it once you've moved 40m+ (Race it in OW, and you'll notice what I mean). It's also a useful tool to reach places which are out of reach, if you don't feel like climbing around or wall jumping a lot. 

Btw, it seems to draw aggro for me just fine. It actually works better than saryn's molt for me. Just don't hold 2, and it won't move too fast

Edited by Maka.Bones

2 minutes ago, EinheriarJudith said:

if you dump duration it will drain fast. im currently at 156% duration and my drain is 5.4/s

1. how much power strength, range, etc. do you have? Mind sharing your build?

2. That's still 10.8/s. To put this into perspective, Exalted Blade can kill enemies in around the same speed yet it has a drain of 2.5/s (because it's meant to be basically excal's main weapon). Now I know, Sol Gate is supposed to be a moment of absolute havoc, power unlimited. But the excessive drain simply does not mesh well with its mechanic of damage ramp  up.

5 minutes ago, sappinmahsentry said:

1. how much power strength, range, etc. do you have? Mind sharing your build?

2. That's still 10.8/s. To put this into perspective, Exalted Blade can kill enemies in around the same speed yet it has a drain of 2.5/s (because it's meant to be basically excal's main weapon). Now I know, Sol Gate is supposed to be a moment of absolute havoc, power unlimited. But the excessive drain simply does not mesh well with its mechanic of damage ramp  up.

Warframe0088.jpg

adaptation can be replaced with more str, dur, range, or rage/hunter. same for range.