Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

(The Jovian Concord: Update 25) Wisp Feedback

[DE]Danielle

11 minutes ago, MixtheBlender said:

So far so good. This might be the one of the frames I had the least complain about. Though shocking mote's CC is so strong it makes leveling in Hydron extra slower because no enemy can actually move and people won't stop using shocking mote......

Anyway, since all of the buffs are on the reservoirs and almost every time all 3 buffs need to be refreshed all together. Can we just add a "Hold longer to summon all 3 reservoirs" function to #1 ability?

It works like this: For example, when you hold #1, it summons the the vitality mote. If you continue to hold #1 it summons haste mote, and hold even longer to summon the shocking mote.

there is no need to stop using shock mote. team composition is important on defense. you cant expect defense waves to go fast if there is no aoe frame in the team. shock mote also stops enemies from shooting the pod so on defense, motes should be on or near the pod anyway.

making it slower to cast makes it more cumbersome. you already have to charge the skill to place a mote so charging it more will probably bring in more problems mechanically than just making it cast all 3 with a press or combining them into one and making it a press.

Edited by EinheriarJudith

5 minutes ago, EinheriarJudith said:

making it slower to cast makes it more cumbersome. you already have to charge the skill to play a mote so charging it more will probably bring in more problems mechanically than just making it cast all 3 with a press or combining them into one and making it a press.

It would literally be faster than casting all 3, and it would only require one button to be pressed.... why/how exactly is that more cumbersome?

16 minutes ago, MixtheBlender said:

Anyway, since all of the buffs are on the reservoirs and almost every time all 3 buffs need to be refreshed all together. Can we just add a "Hold longer to summon all 3 reservoirs" function to #1 ability?

It works like this: For example, when you hold #1, it summons the the vitality mote. If you continue to hold #1 it summons haste mote, and hold even longer to summon the shocking mote.

I would love it if we could just hold 1 for 2.5s, and have all 3 motes down. 

Edited by Maka.Bones

2 minutes ago, Maka.Bones said:

It would literally be faster than casting all 3, and it would only require one button to be pressed.... how exactly is that more cumbersome?

adding an extra charge time onto an ability that already has a cycle and charge mechanic will cause problems (makes it more cumbersome). this is factoring in poor hosts and how already when you want to cycle a mote it places 1 instead. the ability wheel does not fit her kit anyway.

either press to place one in order and charge to place all 3, place all 3 with press, place 1 with all 3 buff with press. i can tell you which options fit the fluidity of her kit.

To add to my previous feedback of Wisp:

-Haste Motes should also give a boost towards reload speed, like Volt's speed ability.

-Might be useful to insert a UI indicator pointing in the direction of Wisp's spectral projection when it leaves the player's sight (due to the player turning around, for instance).

- Electric shocks is good as it is but it's just a bit weird to have this skill with Wisp, she doesn't bring the "electrifying look". Might be just me though.
- Breach Surge needs improvement with the targeting, and make it work like Loki's Switch Teleport but in this case, it's only for our Reservoir. All motes near the targeted mote will be coming along, allowing us to reposition the motes while blinding the enemies in the process. Of course this will refresh Wisp's buffs duration.
- The way she uses Melee is kinda weird cuz she started walking, yea.

Edited by Tomric

3 hours ago, Tomric said:

- Electric shocks is good as it is but it's just a bit weird to have this skill with Wisp, she doesn't bring the "electrifying look". Might be just me though.
- Breach Surge needs improvement with the targeting, and make it work like Loki's Switch Teleport but in this case, it's only for our Reservoir. All motes near the targeted mote will be coming along, allowing us to reposition the motes while blinding the enemies in the process. Of course this will refresh Wisp's buffs duration.
- The way she uses Melee is kinda weird cuz she started walking, yea.

She definitely needs to use her animations, not the melee weapon stance animations for movement.  Of course, I have no idea how you pull that off while keeping melee stance movements for actual attacks.

9 hours ago, Maka.Bones said:

If it's not true, then why does mine outpace me every single time?

Seriously, are you guys actually holding 2? Because what you're describing sounds like the speed her clone moves, when you only press it to be a decoy. Yes it's slow if you only press it, but if you *HOLD* the button it actually moves faster than you. You'll only outpace it right at the start, but she seems to go faster the longer she's out.

Hold it in open world, in open space, and actually try to outrun it before the timer runs out. Halfway through, her clone will beat you. 

For starters, I have 60% speed buff on my Wisp.  Even holding down the 2 and racing it in the open world, it's only about a meter or two ahead of me when it runs out.  At the same time, using the power like that loses the good parts as well as being incredibly hard to judge where it's going to drop you since holding the button forces you to teleport when you drop it.

What I use her 2 for is a) 8 seconds of unbreakable stealth, b) setting up stealth damage bonus headshots, and c) 3 seconds of invulnerability.  Despite how clunky it is as a travel power, it's amazing when you use it for those things, especially B which is why she's actually pretty devastating against single targets even if she's not in Loki or Ivara's league when it comes to using stealth to run entire missions.

8 hours ago, Arcira said:

The only thing you need against Grineer is the Haste Mote buff (eventhough I hate the fact damage ability need to have armor shred to be viable) and a short ramp up time. I can kill a lv 165 Corruted Heavy Gunner (Leech Eximus) which has far more ehp with less than 200% strength in a reasonable amount of time. Weapon ttk is still superior (especially because her own buff increase dps as well) but the damage ramp up, punch through and aoe make it very competitive even against fully modded weapons.

Maybe it feels weaker compared to weapons between lv 100-150 because the armor shred is very consistent. There isn´t much of a difference in ttk between a lv 130 and 165 bombard which indicates good scaling into high level.

In my opinion Sol Gate feels much better now. Not perfect but definitely one of the better and more important reasonable ultimates in terms of gameplay. It can compete with weapon dps (which should be the main goal) but isn´t as absurdly broken as things like Peacemaker, Exalted Blade or Miasma.

For Breach Surge I´d prefer if the aoe is around a targeted location not herself though.

It's not a good power.  You are completely ignoring the opportunity costs I mentioned.  I can either choose to slowly whittle down the health of a bad guy while burning off a big chunk, if not all of, my energy.  Or, I can just instantly kill it in one shot.  There is no contest between which of those I'm going to do.  

This problem is not limited to Wisp, btw.  It's literally every pure direct damage ability in the game.  Even Revenant's auto-optimizing hit everything around him ultimate doesn't compare to how much more efficiently you can clear a room with a good weapon setup.

8 hours ago, SteelOverseer666 said:

I am going for more power strength using Transient Fortitude. I wont be able to max all the mods out until I get another umbral forma though.

And more endo... so much endo.

Ill be switching energy siphon for growing power aswell once I get one.

For now I will be maxing out Transient Fortitude, Blind Rage and Umbral Intensify.

Ill probably put the one last point into primed continuity for now until I can get another umbral forma then Ill finish the rest.

nvOROnN.png

You're the first person I've seen who's put more Forma into her than I have.  I'm pretty sure I'm going to have to forma her exilus slot tho since I decided I'm going to go ahead and break every other Umbral frame I have by finishing out maxxing those mods. 

I also skipped Transient Fortitude simply because I really wanted the 60 second duration.  It's so much more convenient for my teammates and I, especially if you're playing maps that aren't fixed area.

33FB66441825B4BEB51DE010030DD216B2B7002F

10 hours ago, MixtheBlender said:

So far so good. This might be the one of the frames I had the least complain about. Though shocking mote's CC is so strong it makes leveling in Hydron extra slower because no enemy can actually move and people won't stop using shocking mote......

Consecutive summons - now that idea sounds nice.

I like to place vitality and haste motes near an objective and 4 shock motes near doorways/enemy spawn points, so I really hate it when people say that they all should be summoned at the same time in one spot.

5 hours ago, Xavori said:

For starters, I have 60% speed buff on my Wisp.  Even holding down the 2 and racing it in the open world, it's only about a meter or two ahead of me when it runs out.  At the same time, using the power like that loses the good parts as well as being incredibly hard to judge where it's going to drop you since holding the button forces you to teleport when you drop it.

My duration is shorter than yours yet It still outruns me by 15-20m, even when i'm over 300 power str. So with your duration, it would be much further than just 1-2 meters. (unless you thought that a 10m distance was only 1 meter)

I think you're just not holding the button long enough.  Though in regards to being "hard to use" it gets easy once you practice a few times. 

Granted with 70-80% speed boost, it's not something we really think about using in order to travel faster... but it's still faster than wisp (maybe not, if you also have a volt in the team), and it's really handy to use for reaching/leaving awkward places. 

Edited by Maka.Bones

Motes, buffs - haste = makes melee combos broken. HP and healing = not scaling well enough. Electro = I mean, wth, why is this even a thing? If you wanted hard CC, just make Breach work as intended, and with no clipping to walls, which will make it actually usefull. Also, Wisps are already flamed by using this on Def.

Breach Surge is flawed, as any other tracing ability. It lacks directional power, often misses, is useless in corridors and in low ceiling spaces. 

Sol - really, another skippable ability, with super boring design, ultimate blinding the player ability, and making you a living target for any higher level enemies. And yes, you can't kill them fast enough until they are in a corridor, because directional beam.

In spite of my pessimism I'm actually pretty alright with Wisp. Still don't like the meme beam and would rather have something with utility than just a damage ability but the Praise the Sun crowd has latched on so that's a moot cause. 3/4 abilities being useful is still not bad. Only real issues I've had have been mostly fixed. There's a few though. Mostly aesthetic.

1 her cloth bits could stand to be a little stiffer than they currently are. As they are any sudden movement makes them clip into each other, Wisp's body, or any accessory you have on the back. The recent update seems to have made them flow more but I feel like an in-between would be best. Stiffen them up a little, but not so that they're completely rigid. In spite of everything these are still biomechanical flesh puppes so a little weight isn't unrealistic (as much as a floating ghostly robot-zombie can be, anyways)

2 Throwing stars/shurikens sheaths don't rest properly on her thighs. This is a shame because the animation for them on Wisp Noble is so sassy and perfect but all I can think of is a long sustained screaming at how that doesn't right. Pictures added. https://imgur.com/QQrzP5U (hope that works)

3 she still walks while using a Melee weapon or aiming. I get that the former might be unavoidable because stances, but I feel like the latter is more an oversight than anything.

4 finding the teleport points/portals for the interaction between her 1 and 3 is touch-and-go. Especially on the plains. Any small object or enemy can and will block them, making teleporting to them a hassle as you're trying to get your reticle pixel-perfect on them. Maybe give them a bit of an less precise "radius" for teleportation so I'm not gunned down trying to port back to my resevoirs.

Overall Wisp is pretty good and next to Revenant is becoming my favorite frame because I'm a slut for mystical aesthetics. Hopefully augments will come out to give her memebeam some utility. Her assets are great, and her ASSets are nice too.

The energy color coating and new particles trailing Wisp when she jumps now are way inferior to what we saw in Devstream #126. I'm referencing #126 because I don't know if this was changed in a hotfix after release since I didn't rush building her or I'm only seeing it like this because some of my settings are not maxed out.

While Sol Gate's usefulness was greatly increased with the recent changes, I'd still like to see an increase in damage tick rate/fire rate at the cost of damage so the DPS on paper stays the same. Like double the tick rate while halving the listed damage. This would help with appyling status as well as the synergy with Breach Surge and proccing sparks. This would mainly help dealing with nearby targets that are not quite in the beam itself (due to more sparks) as well as armored targets.

And please fix unequipped weapons in your loadout beeing visible on Wisp while jumping and casting her 2. Those show in your energy colors and I'd prefer not to constantly have a Larkspur looming in my crotch.

2 minutes ago, Xhobract said:

While Sol Gate's usefulness was greatly increased with the recent changes, I'd still like to see an increase in damage tick rate/fire rate at the cost of damage so the DPS on paper stays the same. Like double the tick rate while halving the listed damage. This would help with appyling status as well as the synergy with Breach Surge and proccing sparks. This would mainly help dealing with nearby targets that are not quite in the beam itself (due to more sparks) as well as armored targets.

Natural instinct (casting speed) might help with this 

25 minutes ago, Maka.Bones said:

My duration is shorter than yours yet It still outruns me by 15-20m, even when i'm over 300 power str. So with your duration, it would be much further than just 1-2 meters. (unless you thought that a 10m distance was only 1 meter)

I think you're just not holding the button long enough.  Though in regards to being "hard to use" it gets easy once you practice a few times. 

Granted with 70-80% speed boost, it's not something we really think about using in order to travel faster... but it's still faster than wisp (maybe not, if you also have a volt in the team), and it's really handy to use for reaching/leaving awkward places. 

Here's my methodology of testing.

I start bullet jumping.  While bullet slide jumping, I hit and hold the 2 key.  This way I start at full speed and my decoy starts at full speed.  Any other test I'd be giving the decoy a head start.

I do not let go of the 2 key at all.  My decoy fades away with me still holding the button.  It's barely a step or two in front of me.

Not that any of this actually matters.  It's still a terrible travel power simply because it's straight line no way to see what's below you.  Even it was faster, I'd still be happier bullet jumping knowing I could react to anything immediately and I can be sure of where I"m going to land.

• Like 1

It's not a good power.  You are completely ignoring the opportunity costs I mentioned.  I can either choose to slowly whittle down the health of a bad guy while burning off a big chunk, if not all of, my energy.  Or, I can just instantly kill it in one shot.  There is no contest between which of those I'm going to do.  

This problem is not limited to Wisp, btw.  It's literally every pure direct damage ability in the game.  Even Revenant's auto-optimizing hit everything around him ultimate doesn't compare to how much more efficiently you can clear a room with a good weapon setup

I didn´t ignoring opportunity cost because I have specifically tested her ultimate damage vs various weapons at high level enemies which was fine.

However after further testing in todays Sortie mission I have to agree the damage ramp up and armor strip in lower levels is far to slow. In my opinion damage abilities lack layer of multiplier in order to be properly scalable. Weapons have thinks like damage increase, fire rate and crit but abilities only scale with power strength most of the time.

In Wisp´s case I´d suggest to adjust the Mote Buffs a little bit:

Vital - increase damage

Haste - increase the damage tickrate equal to the firerate buff value for weapons (would speed up the armor shred as well)

Shock - does the armor shred

Also the Reservoir buff for Sol Gate doesn´t scale with power strength which should be the case if you sacrifice survivability for damage.

Spoiler

Test subject: Heavy Gunner Eximus (Leech) armor stripped (cloned flesh)

Ability: Sol gate at maximum single target stacks (only the radiation damage part wich doesn´t have a multiplier against cloned flesh)

Result:  9375/7500 rad damage per tick with/without Vital Mote at 100% power strength and 18656/14925 with/without Vital Mote at 199% (still 25% increase).

What I use her 2 for is a) 8 seconds of unbreakable stealth, b) setting up stealth damage bonus headshots, and c) 3 seconds of invulnerability.  Despite how clunky it is as a travel power, it's amazing when you use it for those things, especially B which is why she's actually pretty devastating against single targets even if she's not in Loki or Ivara's league when it comes to using stealth to run entire missions.

I noticed this as well. With like 50% incraesed sprint speed you are able to out run your ghost. Wil-O-Wisp should scale with her movement speed including buffs from her molt, volt, etc so its always faster than you.

Also I think the main reason why it feels clunky is because you can´t hold 2 and press w (forward) at the same time. We really need individual keybindings for each warframe.

Some misinformation and groundless complaints in the thread I think people will regret making in the near future.

1. Claiming that the frame "only has two skills" is disingenuous in light of the triple buff of the motes. Hell, that could have been the ult and I doubt anyone would complain.

2. The passive is on par with Inaros' finisher-life steal in terms of strength and usefulness, i.e. at the top of the list. Hop a bit to shed all aggro? Yes please. Take strength down a notch to put on Patagium and Aero Vantage, then copter around with melee in very long, invisible, steerable aim glides far more flexible than void dash? Yes please. You can glide all the way to the end of the simul using melee-glide, then turn around in the freaking air, melee glide halfway back, touch the ground for a fraction of a second, then melee glide back up to the platform, invisible the whole time... energy expended? 0. The possibilities in POE/OV are pretty substantial. Use melee gliding to speed your glide. Add in Dispatch Overdrive on the melee for some real hilarity using this. Channel kill a mob, then 15 seconds of super fast melee gliding. There are other ways to boost aim glide, I find Patagium and Aero Vantage more than enough. Didn't find the new Mote mod set melee range extender that useful, but didn't play with it that much before opting for Dispatch Overdrive. But did note that with Patagium and Aero Vantage equipped, you can spin attack-cloudwalk over the top of the mobs heads while not breaking invisibility and more importantly NOT being subject to their crossfire as Loki often is :) LULZ. Yeah. Useless.

3. Some complain that the frame is not good in certain mission types. Is Wisp going to change exterminate/capture/hijack/sabotage, arguably the easiest mission types, being full of AOE cheeze frames? No. Is it going to bring whole new options and tactics to interception, mobile defense, defense, survival, excavation, arbitration forms, and lots of energy drain nightmare missions (pizza cast the motes and drain away M-fer, I'm already covered for the duration)? Yes.

4. The point of the two is not just as a teleport, or especially not to "outrun" it, that's a side benefit, but an aggro shuck and Osht button mainly. It's just an interesting variant of Loki's 3, Ash 3, and it has lots of novel potential. Haven't dug into it yet, but it's far from worthless.

5. The "3" is IMO, after experimentation, behind only Saryn Lash and tied with Roar and Sonar as the top melee buff in the game re TTK heavy, high level armor... and it BLINDS the mobs too, unlike the other top melee buffs. Players will soon realize the high value of an instacast skill that makes targets open to stealth damage, but doesn't slow with finishers... while buffing the whole team's movement and attack speed... at the same time. LULZ. Sure, that's "worthless." Well built, fast, gas/slash hybrid CO/BR zaw staff with this and the precast electric procs...and 8x stealth damage with every tic of gas or slash aoe proccing sparks? Seriously worthless. OR try CO gunblades with lifestrike and just stand still in the pods. 1200 health (WITHOUT Vitality), 2000 armor with Health Conversion and Synth mods on the Sentinel (Arcane Guardian), 80-90% attack speed on the gunblade? Worthless.

Want to see something funny? 4x shield disruption, 2x Coaction in Disruption mission, Wisp casts three on high level Demolyst with mote electric procs and then viral/slash dmg on CO gunblade. BOOM BYEBYE! Don't have to get in nullify range, Lifestriking the whole time. Worthless indeed.

6. The ult is not good as it stands compared to other ults, true. But cmon, with all the other utility and power of this frame, what did you expect? I put it on par with Oberon's ult as it stands, and the frame is already on the verge of displacing Oberon as it is. It needs to lose the stagger to be useful to apply conditions or CC quickly. But get ready for perma 4 builds that grief low level missions full of low level players just like all the other AOE cheeze... but not as bad as Equinox, Saryn 4 spam, Mesa, Volt, etc. which will remain the tryhard AOE frames of choice.

7. On that note, frankly I expect the tryhards to -avoid- Wisp after a time. After all, if they buff the rest of the team it subtracts from MUHKILLZ! Fragile tryhard egos can't take that. :)

Best frame since Khora by a mile.

Edited by Buttaface

1 hour ago, Arcira said:

I didn´t ignoring opportunity cost because I have specifically tested her ultimate damage vs various weapons at high level enemies which was fine.

However after further testing in todays Sortie mission I have to agree the damage ramp up and armor strip in lower levels is far to slow. In my opinion damage abilities lack layer of multiplier in order to be properly scalable. Weapons have thinks like damage increase, fire rate and crit but abilities only scale with power strength most of the time.

In Wisp´s case I´d suggest to adjust the Mote Buffs a little bit:

Vital - increase damage

Haste - increase the damage tickrate equal to the firerate buff value for weapons (would speed up the armor shred as well)

Shock - does the armor shred

Also the Reservoir buff for Sol Gate doesn´t scale with power strength which should be the case if you sacrifice survivability for damage.

Reveal hidden contents

Test subject: Heavy Gunner Eximus (Leech) armor stripped (cloned flesh)

Ability: Sol gate at maximum single target stacks (only the radiation damage part wich doesn´t have a multiplier against cloned flesh)

Result:  9375/7500 rad damage per tick with/without Vital Mote at 100% power strength and 18656/14925 with/without Vital Mote at 199% (still 25% increase).

I noticed this as well. With like 50% incraesed sprint speed you are able to out run your ghost. Wil-O-Wisp should scale with her movement speed including buffs from her molt, volt, etc so its always faster than you.

Also I think the main reason why it feels clunky is because you can´t hold 2 and press w (forward) at the same time. We really need individual keybindings for each warframe.

I have a Naga mouse.  I hold 2 with my thumb on my right hand and W with my left hand 😉

Pretty sure someone is going to accuse me of exploiting now that I've confessed this heinous sin.

Edited by Xavori

51 minutes ago, Buttaface said:

After all, if they buff the rest of the team it subtracts from MUHKILLZ! Fragile tryhard egos can't take that. 🙂

Truer words have never been spoken. My personal favorite is still the times where I joined a defense sortie as Limbo, found that one of the other players had also joined as Limbo and were spamming max range cata. I never used my 4 since it would make no difference, after half time the guy leaves since the two DPS frames had been nagging him to not use 4 and the defense target instantly dies, after which the two remaining people calls me out for everything and calls me a leech. =p

I don't think people quite understand the whole point of a cooperative game when they count DPS/kills above all else.

Like I say, I don't care if Wisp's 4 gets nerfed or buffed, since the best ability in her kit is her 1, with 3 following right behind.

• Like 1

vor 1 Stunde schrieb Buttaface:

6. The ult is not good as it stands compared to other ults, true. But cmon, with all the other utility and power of this frame, what did you expect? I put it on par with Oberon's alt as it stands, and the frame is already on the verge of displacing Oberon as it is. It needs to lose the stagger to be useful to apply conditions or CC quickly. But get ready for perma 4 builds that grief low level missions full of low level players just like all the other AOE cheeze... but not as bad as Equinox, Saryn 4 spam, Mesa, Volt, etc. which will remain the tryhard AOE frames of choice.

u might wanna rethink that statement.

considering every synergy its safe to assume that boosted sol gate has ~6k base dmg when an enemy has max vulnerability towards it after i guess 3 seconds...with heat +rad +corr proccs...with 100% chance to cause breach surges sparks...with unlimited enemy punch through and granting wisp cc immunity.

i dare say she's one of few frames where every ability is great considering the synergies. with the recent buffs towards her 4 its lacking in AoE compared to others, still, BUT despite that and the fact that it does drain quite some energy its still very strong. she basically sacrifices AoE and direct impact for synergetic power and more comprimated but higher AoE damage, which is not too bad considering her CC and ability to easily reposition.

i have to add that before release i wasnt too sure about her, especially sol gate but now after release and the recent buffs its quite obvious that shes really good, at least in my opinion, which does include sol gate.

Edited by Xydeth

46 minutes ago, Morticoccus said:

I don't think people quite understand the whole point of a cooperative game when they count DPS/kills above all else.

Like I say, I don't care if Wisp's 4 gets nerfed or buffed, since the best ability in her kit is her 1, with 3 following right behind.

It would be awesome if we could also teleport to another wisp's reservoirs. I wonder if the devs would consider adding this. 

Edited by Maka.Bones

30 minutes ago, Xydeth said:

u might wanna rethink that statement.

Eh, I believe the ult is subpar compared to lots of other ults in the game, but as stated don't think that's a great big deal. Any of the exalted ults do far more dps, and the radial ults are mostly better. As stated, I put it on par with Oberon's ult, maybe a skosh below due to the CC and armor stripping of Oberon, and above only a few ults like Atlas' Dumblers and overnerfed Bladestorm, But feel free to change my mind. Which Ults is Wisp's objectively better than? List please. I can come up with 4-5 at most on my own. In other words "I would rather have Wisp's ultimate than X's ultimate." Short list. That's pretty subpar in a game with several frames needing reworks.

Edited by Buttaface