Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

[DE]Danielle

(The Jovian Concord: Update 25) Wisp Feedback

Why exactly does DE think that making nullifiers immune to Wisp's BURN THINGS WITH THE POWER OF A DYING LED NIGHTLIGHT! was necessary?  Was there a rash of videos showing Wisp just tearing through entire Corpus armies with that pathetic 4th ability of hers?  Did someone actually figure out some magical build that finally made her beam stronger than the beam weapons available to any warframe?  Did someone at DE slip something into the fruit punch at the last game balance brainstorming session?

Don't get me wrong.  I actually don't care  AT ALL if DE wanted to nerf Wisp's 4th so it not only doesn't damage nullifiers, but also doesn't damage infested flesh, fossilized flesh, ferrite armor, alloy armor, or plain ol' boring flesh on top of that.  She's my fav current frame, but I never use her 4th, and until DE completely overhauls the damage model including coming up with a way to bring purely offensive abilities up to par with higher level enemies, there's no way I'm going to ever start using it.

Still, I found it pretty amusing that nerfing an ability that just got buffed was a priority.

p.s.  Before you come to the thread trying to defend Sol Gate, I suggest taking a moment to do the math.  Even if you take the time and spend the energy to cast all three reservoirs and Breach Surge on your target, you're still going to come out way below the DPS on top tier weapons.  And those weapons don't trap your frame on the ground, nor do they require you to burn energy to use.

Wow that's a shame. I was just thinking the other day just how refreshing it is to be able to damage nullifier bubbles...

Yup, now it's guaranteed trash since you can't even fire your gun to take down the bubble. So you have to stop channeling... take out nullifier... then resume channeling. Oof.

P.S. operator mode can still work but still annoying af to do

With the community, they almost had to.  If one damaging ability - even a uselessly weak one - can damage nullifier bubbles and it's left that way, the community will start demanding other powers also be allowed to do that.

Well the change to how it effects nullifiers wasnt exactly unexpected. No other ability effects them outside of exalted weapons. So not really sure how people were surprised by the change. Heck I even assumed Sol Gate couldnt effect nullibubbles from the get go.

Just now, SneakyErvin said:

Well the change to how it effects nullifiers wasnt exactly unexpected. No other ability effects them outside of exalted weapons. So not really sure how people were surprised by the change. Heck I even assumed Sol Gate couldnt effect nullibubbles from the get go.

Octavia mallet and bass : am I a joke to u

1 minute ago, Phatose said:

With the community, they almost had to.  If one damaging ability - even a uselessly weak one - can damage nullifier bubbles and it's left that way, the community will start demanding other powers also be allowed to do that.

DE likes to ignore us when it suits them, i don't see the issue.

Also, am i the only one that likes her 4?

Tbh, don't care in the least, there's no real reason to use her 4th to begin with.

1 minute ago, -Bigchungus- said:

Octavia mallet and bass : am I a joke to u

I assume they work more as companions in the greater scheme of things. Much like how Venari, even though a power, can walking into and rip the face of a Nullifier while flipping his bubble the finger.

Just now, Cyclouros said:

DE likes to ignore us when it suits them, i don't see the issue.

Honestly, it's not a question of like.  I like it.  It looks cool and it does rip through those baby seals that populate maps that I could rip through with anything else in the game as well.

The problem is that like every other purely offensive warframe ability, it's useless in situations where you are actually challenged.  It's too slow to set up, to slow to burn through strong enemies, and way, way too dangerous to actually stick yourself on the ground while waiting to burn through those enemies.  Then you add in ability immune bosses, arbitration drones, and now nullifiers.  Why the frak would anyone try to use any warframe power versus a well-modded top tier weapon?

5 minutes ago, Predator3174PL said:

Like any Warframe can damage nullifiers bubbles with thier dmg abilities, right..? RIGHT?

Can we talk about how the corpus have the technology to render our warframes completely useless? That doesn't seem balanced.

Well, atleast hopefully we can still damage the nullifier drone that keeps the field up with sol gate

1 minute ago, Xavori said:

Why the frak would anyone try to use any warframe power versus a well-modded top tier weapon?

Might be DE's intentions. Nothing you bring matters in Exploiter Orb/Lolalyst fights

Can we talk about how the corpus have the technology to render our warframes completely uesless? That doesn't seem balanced.

Yeah like, why didn't Orokin think about it when building warframes in the first place...

7 minutes ago, SneakyErvin said:

No other ability effects them outside of exalted weapons. 

Good point. Make Sol Gate an exalted weapon so I can FORMA AND MOD THE SUN.

Can we talk about how the corpus have the technology to render our warframes completely uesless? That doesn't seem balanced.

So do the Grineer and Infested if they chose to deploy it in quantity.  I mean, someday some Grineer commander is going to look at Vay Hek or Krill and ask why they leave the vulnerable bits.  Or an infested boss is going to grow their immune armor over the bright pink bits that we normally shoot at...

3 minutes ago, Predator3174PL said:

Yeah like, why didn't Orokin think about it when building warframes in the first place...

They didn't even make our frame waterproof. But then again, our operators aren't waterproof either. Operators receive the same electric shock from entering water as frames do.

DE PLZ

2 minutes ago, Xavori said:

So do the Grineer and Infested if they chose to deploy it in quantity.  I mean, someday some Grineer commander is going to look at Vay Hek or Krill and ask why they leave the vulnerable bits.  Or an infested boss is going to grow their immune armor over the bright pink bits that we normally shoot at...

From a in-universe perspective, you can punch through any amount of armour with enough force. It's just a gameplay mechanic to stop us from killing bosses as fast as we could.
But that nullifier field is an absolute gamechanger that any intelligent leader would put on every mob.

Do NOT give DE ideas!

3 minutes ago, Cyclouros said:

I like it as well!

I think people just wanted the ultimate destroying capability but it just isn’t that. I get why - it’s the bloody sun! But it can still destroy trash mobs and strip armour with the haste mote active. 

Re the OP’s complaint, it is just bringing it in line with other abilities although I agree that it was a good selling point. 

They didn't even make our frame waterproof. But then again, our operators aren't waterproof either. Operators receive the same electric shock from entering water as frames do.

DE PLZ

And why, if our archwing's lifesupport can protect us from space and basically teleport to us if we fall in the water on sealab tilesets, does it not teleport to us during survival missions so we don't have to waste time running to those weak life support modules?

1 minute ago, Cyclouros said:

DE PLZ

It's even funnier when Volt gets hit by electric proc. Where is logic

I was using her 4th to level up in meso relic defense runs.  I liked that I could damage nullifiers.  

I understand not being able to cast inside bubble or be affected by ranged casts like molecular prime, but this is a direct attack similar to exhaulted weapons.  

I'd rather they replace her 4th with a utility skill or just remove the bubbles.  Draco is dead now, what's the point in keeping this enemy.

3 minutes ago, Cyclouros said:

DE PLZ

From a in-universe perspective, you can punch through any amount of armour with enough force. It's just a gameplay mechanic to stop us from killing bosses as fast as we could.
But that nullifier field is an absolute gamechanger that any intelligent leader would put on every mob.

Why put it on mobs?  It's obviously an energy drain that keeps the field from staying active as it takes damage.  So if you instead mounted it into the station itself, you could cover everything while having it draw on the power's station so no amount of tenno fire could bring it down 😄

Why put it on mobs?  It's obviously an energy drain that keeps the field from staying active as it takes damage.  So if you instead mounted it into the station itself, you could cover everything while having it draw on the power's station so no amount of tenno fire could bring it down 😄

DE wants to know your location

Yeah, DE clearly didn't think nullifiers through.

1 hour ago, Phatose said:

Which is the case, there's a lot of abilities that damage bubbles, and exalted weapons, not mesa, but gutting a meh ability was the right thing to do apparently.

Dear DE:

We all know that FashionFrame is a large part of the appeal of any warframe to a lot of players. That being said, I think you overlooked reworking the various attachments for Wisps tiny body.

I just got her, and am trying to work out a look for her, and... nothing fits properly or is sized to fit properly. The chest pieces are HUGE on her, making me think of a child trying to walk around in their mommys shoes. The shoulder pieces are attaching to the middle of her biceps. Everything is WAY oversized and badly attached so far.

A thing that I have often wished for in warframe is a set of sliders for the various attachments similar to the ones for the front and back regalia that would allow for some minor resizing and repositioning from a set point. This would let players tweak their favorite attachment to sit just the way they wanted it, and save you guys having to run through all the attachments to make them fit (or not, in this case?).

When and if you have the time, please take a look at this and if possible, fix it. This has been an issue for other frames as well, where parts don't align or are outright crooked, but on Wisp it's on another level so far.

Thank you.