Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

(The Jovian Concord: Update 25) Wisp Feedback

[DE]Danielle

2 hours ago, Maka.Bones said:

I suggested a "nozzle" function/mechanic for this. 

Basically to let us use the mouse scroll, to control the rate of flow (tick rate) inversely to AoE radius & damage per hit. Zoom in for a tighter Lazer with more hits per second, but slightly less damage per hit. Zoom out for a slower & wider beam, with more DPH. Then we would have more control over the damage ramp up, without having to constantly shake our screen camera across enemies to artificially produce more tics.

Or they could just add casting speed to the haste mote, which would help her all around (and her teammates) 

I like that concept but I'd just go with a higher tick rate overall since you don't really want to ever have lower ticks, especially since the wide spread could just have a slower damage ramp up instead. 

And that haste mote actually made me realize something, why doesn't the vitality mote give a 100% damage increase while the haste mote increases the fire rate of the beam instead? Ofc the beams base tick rate would have to still be improved since it'll feel like a forced synergy.

Would it be possible that if Wisp hits a death floor while the Will-O-Wisp copy is out for the player to instead teleport to the copy, rather than resetting?

Currently say I'm trying to cross a large gap on the new gas city tileset. If I jump, throw out my copy and aim glide I'll hit the death floor and reset because I didn't teleport into my copy soon enough. Or if I'm falling into the abyss and I fire Will-O-Wisp upwards to try and save myself it doesn't work because I just hit the death floor anyway.

I feel like if we could instead trigger the teleport to the copy, while we may not have quite reached our intended destination it will prevent the ability effectively just failing. 

Wisp is stronk.

At least one really good new frame. Thanks DE.

However her 4th is too week, and 3th is... well. It does not really worth your energy. There are things to consider.

One thing is sure: don't touch her 1st. It is perfect.

On 2019-07-03 at 10:10 AM, -Bv-Concarne said:

I like that concept but I'd just go with a higher tick rate overall since you don't really want to ever have lower ticks, especially since the wide spread could just have a slower damage ramp up instead. 

And that haste mote actually made me realize something, why doesn't the vitality mote give a 100% damage increase while the haste mote increases the fire rate of the beam instead? Ofc the beams base tick rate would have to still be improved since it'll feel like a forced synergy.

It's not about what you want. Ideally you'd "want" to kill everything as soon as it spawns... Or just get free loot... Get my point? 

If you make something too strong, it stops being fun (it also gets put under the nerf hammer at some point)

Though you would want more aoe with more enemies. More AoE for the same rate of flow, would mean less mass contact per square inch. So less tick rate, per area. 

Btw, the tick rate also increases with cast speed. And if the haste mote gave cast speed, it shouldn't only be for her 4... An overall damage buff should be coming from the lightning mote, more than the HP mote 

Edited by Maka.Bones

On 2019-07-05 at 1:10 AM, Maka.Bones said:

It's not about what you want. Ideally you'd "want" to kill everything as soon as it spawns... Or just get free loot... Get my point? 

If you make something too strong, it stops being fun (it also gets put under the nerf hammer at some point)

That's an exaggeration though, making sol gates tick rate high would increase dps but it's mostly about making it feel less sluggish and more energy-per-damage efficient. Besides I would rather have an ability that does absurd damage than one that does like 10 or something.

3 hours ago, -Bv-Concarne said:

That's an exaggeration though, making sol gates tick rate high would increase dps but it's mostly about making it feel less sluggish and more energy-per-damage efficient. Besides I would rather have an ability that does absurd damage than one that does like 10 or something.

It was a dramatic exaggeration, since It already does absurd damage lol

But yeah, wisp can use an overall cast speed buff. 

Edited by Maka.Bones

13 hours ago, Maka.Bones said:

since It already does absurd damage lol

Not as much as people think, 1k damage and up is when abilities only start to deal decent damage outside starting levels. My wisp is strength build and even boosted with all 3 motes it was killing a normal phorid extremely slow. Again mostly cause of the ticks not being fast enough.

On 2019-07-07 at 10:27 AM, -Bv-Concarne said:

Not as much as people think, 1k damage and up is when abilities only start to deal decent damage outside starting levels. My wisp is strength build and even boosted with all 3 motes it was killing a normal phorid extremely slow. Again mostly cause of the ticks not being fast enough.

Yeah I guess if we're aiming at one place consistently, then it does scale really slowly. If you move it side to side it causes tics each time it scans a hitbox. So it's like you can increase the RoF just by sweeping across over and over (also affects the damage ramp up) While this is a cool thing we can do, I do wish we had more control over it. This way we wouldn't need to cause our camera to spazz and give our warframe seizures lol. 

So maybe both a nozzle, but also cast speed with haste reservoir? 

Edited by Maka.Bones

Pretty please let our companions/pets/sentinels/npcs benefit from our buffs. Or give breach surge a pulse AoE heal, whenever we teleport into the HP reservoir.

We don't have a way to buff/heal our pets/companions/npcs. 

Edited by Maka.Bones

On 2019-07-07 at 1:51 PM, Maka.Bones said:

Yeah I guess if you're just aiming it at one place consistently, then it does scale really slowly. If you move it side to side it causes tics each time it scans a hitbox. So it's like you can increase the RoF just by sweeping across over and over (also affects the damage ramp up) While this is a cool thing we can do, I do wish we had more control over it. This way we wouldn't need to cause our camera to spazz and give our warframe seizures lol.

Ain't that a duct tape way of doing it, but honestly I'm not against the nozzle or the haste mote idea but because of that sweeping tip, the least they could do is just increase the base tick rate.

22 minutes ago, Maka.Bones said:

WHAT?!?!?! Seriously, nani-the-fu@#?!? 

SInce when?!!!! 

It being like that for a long time. It’s weird how she can’t heal Specters or Operatives but can heal a Kavat. The Health boost increases Pet’s Health and when you + Pet take Damage, the Regen affects you both.

Just wanted to drop in and say awesome job on Wisp DE. She's gotta be the best frame on release I've witnessed. Great kit, fun and fluid to play. Glad to see the game going in this direction frame wise. Now let's get some content (as in challenge in the game play, not boring puzzles) that requires us to be good in our teams and punished for being selfish. Optional ofc........ 

For those trying to get her buffed......please stop, you'll get her nerfed. She's either not a playstyle for you or you need to learn how she plays.

I was curious as to what variables are considered with motes when there are multiple wisps in play.
what factors determine which wisps mote you get?

As for breach Surge giving a bonus on specific motes, I think that would be a good avenue for an Augment Mod

• Like 1

On 2019-07-08 at 8:14 PM, GPrime96 said:

It being like that for a long time. It’s weird how she can’t heal Specters or Operatives but can heal a Kavat. The Health boost increases Pet’s Health and when you + Pet take Damage, the Regen affects you both.

Her buffs don't actually work on her companions btw. (At least not in her sentinel)

They do benefit from the health, via lifelink. But they don't get the health Regen or any of the other buffs. 

1 hour ago, Hekkatos said:

As for breach Surge giving a bonus on specific motes, I think that would be a good avenue for an Augment Mod

It used to be her default (though it was just different damage AoE effects)

I'd rather have the effects inherently than the increased range, since my build with her can't really fit anything else atm. Or at least for her reservoirs to also affect NPCs and pets

Just a minor thing but felt it worth feeding back because for me aesthetics are everything.

I don't get the choice on Wisp (and Baruuk for that matter) for the "Mario kart" style floaty orbiting things, especially when they look so... mundane.

Sure if it was 3 wisp looking particle effects floating around it may look more thematic and cool. Right now it just reminds me of 3 vases, themselves picked up from things that look like plants.

What I don't like is the way they move with the character when bullet jumping etc - they hold their orientation and are visually annoying. Baruuk's daggers equally bother me, though at least they have a good model so somewhat thematic even if unsightly.

• Like 1