Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

(The Jovian Concord: Update 25) Wisp Feedback

[DE]Danielle

2 minutes ago, Drachnyn said:

I have used it with all 3 motes, 235% strength and with placing breach surge on enemies before using sol gate. It just doesnt tick fast enough to do real damage.

Upvoted you then. Yeah faster ticks would do the trick. Though negative duration would also have the same effect, but then it would cancel out her buffs (or require her to stay static on her pods)

22 minutes ago, Datam4ss said:

3. Breach Surge does blind enemies and is some minor CC. Haven't tried if it opens to finishers, though.

Read the details about the ability, breach surge does a lot more S#&$ than just blind. You can use it to teleport to her motes, or make an AoE with her will-o-wisp

Also I think that bullet jumping with SOL GATE might actually be too strong. I like that we need to use rolls, or will-o-wisp, it keeps all her other awesomeness somewhat balanced when taken into perspective. Plus you're holding a damn portal to the sun... if you're not supposed to be running with scissors, you're definitely not supposed to be jumping around with a freaking portal to the sun  xD

Edited by Maka.Bones

I think there is a really weird interaction with the pods&mote, and the power strenght.

Imagine that : You cast a fully set up Mote Pod with fissure buff and growing power, energy conversion and so on. The mot pod will have the increased range of the doublebuff from fissures, meaning it's working, and if you are in the zone while casting, you get the full buff.

But if you leave the area, wait a bit longer for the buff to wear off, and come back to the buffed mote pod, you'll only have a buff relative to your ACTUAL power strenght. Even if visually, the mote pod still has the double range and the supposed boosted strenght.

You can set up your mote pod with additionnal power strenght and not really notice the difference as you are always are on the spot, but with some delay with the teamates running to your mote pods, they won't always get the same power value.

Edited by dwqrf

Sol Gate's damage is a bit too low for the energy drain, the damage is not bad but the drain is similar to mesa (15 energy/sec) while the damage is much lower. and since DE does not want wisp to be a press 4 to win. maybe the drain could be lowered to around 4-8 energy per second instead of 12 per second, or the base damage inceased by 50%~.

or can her 4 be given punch-through so it can hit more than 1-3 enemies in close proximity.

Edited by eyf101

Wisp's ult should do % health damage because it renders her stationary. This would scale nicely in endgame but if she does not have arcane trickery  = dead. Render her invuln to damage for 2 seconds upon the beam firing.

Edited by Midas
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, dwqrf said:

I hope it isnt, it's really annoying 😞

I don't mind it. I like it, because it keeps me on my toes, and forces me to think/stay alert about what i'm doing at the time.  But yeah I can understand why it would seem annoying. It might have to do with how code makes the mote cast /apply new buffs. The mote might not actually save its values based on your str. (that might also cause/add higher strain to the processor or lower FPS)

Edited by Maka.Bones

il y a 4 minutes, Maka.Bones a dit :

I don't mind it. I like it, because it keeps me on my toes, and forces me to think/stay alert about what i'm doing at the time.  But yeah I can understand why it would seem annoying. It might have to do with how code makes the mote cast /apply new buffs. The mote might not actually save its values based on your str. Tbh that might also cause a some game lag.

I think while the mot pod have the buff and maybe higher stats of their own, like life/armor or so, the given mote is only a thing casted from your frame, to the pod, to the player, at this exact moment he pluck it. I don't like it. Feels broken. I wanted to make the set up combo power strenght, but I can't, or only with Ulti...

Since I've provided some somewhat scathing feedback back when Wisp was first showcased I've got to give praise to balance things a bit.

Wisp is looking really good. I complained about the lack of synergy, chaining of her 3rd ability to her reservoirs and the fact that her 2nd ability was imho incredibly overloaded in functionality. All of this has been fixed. There's a lot more synergy now, her 3rd ability is its own thing (and has a synergy with her 1) and the decoy ability has shed some of its fuctionality in order to make for a better decoy and a better teleport.

Good job, DE.

I'm pretty happy with how things are. If I could change anything it would be to make her beam a mode toggle and then have separate attacks activated via LMB or RMB instead of channeled ability. I'm not really fan of channeled abilities to begin with though so it's just nitpicking.

• Like 1

Sol Gate needs more dmg, not necessarily raw dmg up but:

focusing the beam should increase not only dmg but also crit chance, crit damage and status chance, by a considerable amount, maybe also improve the corrosive proc chance from the green mote

another thing i'd like to see: allow Breach Surge to be cast while using Sol Gate, maybe make it so that casting Will-o-Wisp while sol gate is out is cheaper and allow casting Breach Surge through the ghost

also, despite looking like a beam, it doesnt seem to function like beams, which would hurt it's ability to strip armor by a lot(the bonus granted by having a green mote)

as it stands, my Synoid Gammacor is a *much* better Sol Gate that uses ammo instead of energy

15 minutes ago, EinheriarJudith said:

i dont see why reservoirs needed to have an ability wheel. at no point in time do i not want all 3 buffs. and putting them down is just....... id give sol gate the Ocucor function or make the ground fires larger and last longer. other than that i think shes great.

wish there was a way to deploy all 3 at once AND to deploy them individually

Edited by TKDancer

Wish i could say i'm as happy with Wisp as some of the other members. I'm not sure where she'd fit into my lineup. This is all personal opinion and i get some will disagree. But i think many will also agree.

Some things i really want changed. This bit would be more of a fix.
Health and speed motes don't buff properly. You should always get a health and speed buff of the highest one you pass through. Not the first one you pass through. If you pass through a higher one, it should update it. If mine is a 41% speed buff and my teammates is 51%, if i pass their theirs, my speed mote should drop off and i should grab theirs. And duration needs to change.
Right now, you get the duration of the last mote you passed through. But if the last mote i passed through is 15 seconds. But i had 40 seconds when i entered it. It should go back to 40 seconds when i leave it. Meaning it pauses the duration while in the low duration mote. But doesn't reset the duration when i leave, IF the new duration is less than what i had when i entered. If i only had 5 seconds left when entering the 15 second mote, then i get 15 seconds when leaving.

IE it doesn't give you less time for passing through another players lower duration mote.
And if your motes do fall off, you aren't stuck with the first motes you grab, which might be the lowest %s in the group. I keep having to jump off cliffs and into pits to remove all my buffs so i can grab higher motes that i set aside in the corner of a defense map, when other wisps are in the group.

Not sure if it does, but speed mote's fire rate definitely needs to affect sentinel/moa weapons.

I thought her shock mote would be dealing damage to compensate for #3's change. No amount of strength makes those useful for AOE damage. They don't feel particularly useful in many missions. Maybe i'm using it wrong, please @ tag me and tell me how it's supposed to be used. The stun doesn't seem effective enough vs ranged enemies at target defense. Maybe in a door way? Be better if it did damage, or stripped shield/armor while stunning.

The speed mote. Love it. Needs fixing.
The health mote. Love it. Needs same fixing as speed.
The shock mote. Hate it. Needs a bit of overhauling imo.

#2, i'm trying to use it, this is one of those abilities, that needs minimal power drain, or has power drain dependent on hold time. For short distances, i need it to cost considerably less energy.

#3 needs to target ally motes too using their energy color as the teleport reticle. This can get a bit busy when there's a lot of motes in a tiny area, like a defense, but it'd be better in bigger missions.

Edited by LazyBunnyKiera

The only complaints I have about wisp are the following:

1: The visuals are a bit overwhelming. I agree with the above about how blinding and overbearing the 4's visuals are. But I also feel the reservoirs are just too large. After placing all three, if you don't set them directly on each other, they take up massive amounts of visual space and can even hide enemies, lol.

2: Another frame without mitigate? I'd rather a mitigate on her heal over time reservoir than a flat health amount. If you have a mitigate of 150 armor, then having 1000 extra health isn't going to matter when a level 100 hits you with 2000 damage. Mitigate beats health amount every time.

3: Her passive is far too limited in enclosed spaces, which are far more common than open ones. Unless you build full aim glide, maybe? You'll still hit ceilings, though.

Other than the above, I'm loving what you've done with Wisp. She's probably going to be one of my new favorites(for low level anyways, I hate glass cannons in 100+).

Can her motes affect pets and/or npc's, please? I would love my kavat to get the Hot, health, or speed buffs.

Edited by Riger82

I'm really unsure what to think about the Breach Surge ability and its effects.

The interaction with Reservoirs is possibly the best explained one, as even without reading into such threads, tips or the wiki, the player is made aware that there is an interaction.

I had no idea it had an interaction with Wil-o-Wisp ability! However I find the usefulness of the ability on its own to be questionable.

The Wil-o-Wisp interaction certainly makes it safer to use, but it takes plenty of time and energy to set up and execute, I find the effects of Breach Surge on enemies to be fairly lacklustre as well.

It has the potential to make enemies fight one another and spread the Surge sparks around, sustaining the effect, but it's too unreliable to rely on (and even then requires to be kickstarted) - which also brings us to another concern: Breach Surge heavily favours weapons that hit fast rather than hard. To somewhat alleviate that, killing an affected enemy should guarantee a spark to spawn, preferably an amount of them depending how hard the enemy was overkilled.

I'd love for the ability to have a Mesmer Skin/Shooting Gallery-like mechanic to it - currently casting spawns 6 sparks that seek out enemies, and all of them are used regardless of enemy amount. The change would give Wisp 6 charges of the ability, that would be used when enemies are in range.

I'm also uncertain of what the "Damage Multiplier" actually affects.

Sol Gate

It either has really low programmed firerate, or somehow uses old continuous weapon mechanics, clarification perhaps? If that's the former, bumping the firerate a notch or two would let the Corrosive damage do all that much more work, improving scalability.

Overall I'm enjoying my time with this addition to the roster and cannot wait to see further refinements.

Edited by hotfixbot3000
  • Like 1

35 minutes ago, Toppien said:

i just wish for her walking and running animations to be able to be used on other warframes...

Same. I bought both of her animations hoping for exactly that. I feel pretty ripped off on that. First time i actually felt scammed by DE. I was like.. "Yay! Wisp movement Animations on Valkyr." and nope.
Especially since her movement animations, would work on so many frames. Valkyr, Banshee Deluxe, Ocativa deluxe. Garuda... the list goes on... Titania!

Edited by LazyBunnyKiera

hace 2 minutos, LazyBunnyKiera dijo:

Same. I bought both of her animations hoping for exactly that. I feel pretty ripped off on that. First time i actually felt scammed by DE. I was like.. "Yay! Wisp movement Animations on Valkyr." and nope.
Especially since her movement animations, would work on so many frames. Valkyr, Banshee Deluxe, Ocativa deluxe. Garuda... the list goes on... Titania!

i actually wanted the animation to work only for my zephyr since, you know its a bird XD

So far this is the best frame you people have released in recent times. Great in terms of synergy between abilities. Solid visual design, abilities feel satisfying in terms of animations, sounds and gameplay effects.

However, Sol Gate has the same issue as the Pantheras alt-fire. While damage and corrosive procs are good on paper, low "fire rate" reduces the potential of the ability drastically when fighting armored targets. Lower the damage and increase the tick rate maybe? Maybe link it with the "focused" mode? And maybe do something about camera placement, unless not being able to see what you're doing is a part of the "power trade off".

Also, you should scale down armor size on chest and shoulders. It's too big.

• Like 2

I love her for the most part. My husband says she is his new favorite warframe, and Nezzy had that spot before Wisp took it.

My one gripe, and I feel it's a pretty small thing to complain about, but her 1st ability does not stack with buffs from other Wisps. This is an issue, as the game makes some really wonky decisions when it comes to prioritizing which buff gets refreshed when you walk into its radius with the same buff from another wisp on you. I'm constantly refreshing weaker versions with higher durations or higher durations with weaker versions, and not the buff from the aura I am actually standing in.

This seems a bit ridiculous when you consider the buffs that stack in this game. Renewal from Oberon for instance, along with its Iron Renewal synergy stack with other Oberons. Vex armor on Chroma stacks with other Chromas. Both support abilities with a massive amount of strength. But wisps' little corn husks don't stack and have strange prioritization mechanics. You can stack Baruuk darts up to 30 or even more darts on players, which also orbit them, but you couldn't find it in yourselves to stack 12 wisp corn babies in an orbit and stack their buffs like so many other support skills? If the issue is fire rate or movement speed or the health increase, then a little bit of a nerf to those specific aspects seems like a perfectly reasonable trade off for an ability that doesn't cause headache when running more than one Wisp. It's still a powerful ability even if you cut the bases of those aspects of the ability in half. You currently have what's essentially a fire chroma's health buff paired with nearly and Oberon level healing buff. Then a Nezha level movement speed buff that you paired with a nearly Harrow level fire rate buff, and Nezha can't even increase his movement speed buff with strength mods to top it off. Seriously, if I could trade off a 50% nerf to the health increase, movement speed increase, and fire rate increase so that Wisp buffs stack, I'd do it in an instant.

Edited by xZeromusx

Genuinely, I think wisp is the best frame released since Garuda. I love how she went from having basically no reason to cast anything but her 4, to having a full kit that interacts with one another quite well. That being said, I have a few gripes.

• Her 1 buffs are really good(outside of haste, which is kinda generic), but outside of more stationary gametypes, I find them difficult to really share with your friends due to their stationary nature, fairly slow cast time, and low range. It'd be nice to be able to do a sort of baruuk thing where touching an ally gave them a buff, but for possibly half the current duration to incentivise getting the buffs from the resevoirs. Personally, I think Attack speed and movement speed have been rather covered by the cast of Warframe, and I'd like to see more interesting buffs, maybe making it cast speed, which is a fairly underbuffed thing that really only has Natural Talent. It'd be interesting to see how people would play around the new cast speed. Maybe lower the buff numbers a bit so you'd need to commit to having a meaty Haste buff.
  • Her 3 synergy with her 1 is really cool and worth doing, but the targeting for it is a bit finicky, and can be obstructed by other enemies, or even other players. I'd appreciate it if that could be looked into.
  • A bit more audio input on when the motes expire would help me a lot, personally, as I have less duration, meaning I need to regrab buffs a bit more to keep the motes healing my 4.

Other than that, I genuinely think Wisp is a very fun and good Warframe, and there was a lot of good work put into her. the dev team really took the criticisms of her dev build design being "Revenant 2.0" with no synergy and a completely worthless 3 that required the resevoirs being nearby to even function, and just stuffed her to the brim with interactivity, changed her 3 into something useful (if a bit janky with the bolts at times), made her 4 servicable, and made the resevoir mote buffs worth planting for. I'm very pleasantly surprised

I find her to be a bit clunky outside of endless missions since you need to cast a mote, swap, cast again, swap, cast again. Because her motes are fairly important to her survival with relatively low armor it would be nice if you could more quickly get down all 3 buffs to keep the action going. My suggestion is to be able to hold down the ability key past the initial time and have it automatically place down the following motes in sequence. Perhaps the next slightly faster than the last but just not having to let go of the button to swap motes then cast it again would do wonders.

I personally think the skill would be more interesting if you could place the motes at a range too. Instead of setting up your motes slowly when holding a room you can enter, only walk around a quarter of the room, and have the place controlled for your breach surge warps. This would feel better as opposed to having to do a couple rounds around the room to place motes.

Breach surge is a little disappointing as an ability, mostly in that it's just turning pax seeker into an ability with a big damage boost as the big effect. I don't think that's inherently bad but because it's nearly identical in how it functions, it shares the exact same problems as pax seeker. Slow projectiles and projectiles can just be useless if the room is small enough. This skill is pretty much non functional on eris outside of the stun. My suggestion would be just making it an instant tether like discharge. Once it procs, it zaps a nearby enemy isntantly. This way it can actually feel useful instead of me taking a gun to a crowd of people and by the time a few of the bolts hit other people, I'd have used my guns punch through to mostly clear everyone out so outside of the stuf the ability barely helped. It might go to a far off crowd but I probably killed the stragglers too.

Also it doesn't feel like it does the damage it should. A shot of my rubico prime modded for corrosive with no status procs on a level 155 bombard deals ~1200 damage. The bolt that deals 4.52x damage according to my stats deals... 1.7k... It seems like it does mostly radiation damage based on the status effects so that means the bonus damage is the only thing leveraging the boost. Against a heavy gunner with the same set up my shots did 5x the damage of the bolts.