(The Jovian Concord: Update 25) Wisp Feedback

Breach surge doesn't appear to work when client side. You can cast the ability and it will blind enemies, but striking affected enemies doesn't spawn surge sparks unless the attacker is host.

Not sure if it's just me though, anybody else had this issue?

Edit: Further testing shows that you can spawn surge sparks as client, but at a much lower rate than expected. Could be that it isn't taking power strength into account, or it could be working fine, just without the surge sparks being visible client side. Could just be RNG too.

Edited by JABofNeurospine
Corrected for additional information
1 hour ago, Annnoth said:

~snip~

you touch on some fine points. both pax seeker and breach surge projectiles should pass through geometry with a slight speed boost which will solve its problems. reservoirs should just spawn all 3 motes (or combine all 3 effects into 1 mote) and allow 4 instances of them to be up (removing the need for an ability wheel).

So far, Wisp seems to be subverting all expectations. Her synergies are synergistic, her powers are powerful...BUT

there's a design that I think was missed out on for her 4.

The sun usually emits solar flares, it's just that with us being SO FAR AWAY, we're rarely ever affected by it...

But in Wisp's case and you know, the fact that she OPENS A PORTAL TO IT I find it hard not to get hit by it.

Basically, much like the Ocucor, with solar flares in mind and the ability it has to spread its presence over a large area, maybe Sol Gate can have a similar function in mind to boost the abilities overall effectiveness against multiple targets. However, unlike the Ocucor, it doesn't have a set mag size and can fire essentially fire forever given your loadout. So perhaps limit the amount of beams to 3 or 5 total.

26 minutes ago, (PS4)xX-GunHound-Xx said:

But in Wisp's case and you know, the fact that she OPENS A PORTAL TO IT I find it hard not to get hit by it.

I mean... solar flares don't work like that. She's opening a portal and what's coming out might be in-fact a very small portion of a solar flare already. It's not going to branch out in the same way though, because there's no magnetic core/magnetic fluctuations to make it behave like normal solar flares.... Also CMEs (Coronal Mass Ejections)can actually reach us, and they're usually bigger than the entire earth... we're just lucky our magnetic field has been strong enough to protect us (and we've mostly been out of one's direct path)

It would be cool if mag had some fun synergy with the plasma coming from Sol Gate though. 

Edited by Maka.Bones

Again, I want to say thanks to the people who modeled her, the people who worked on the programming for her abilities, the people who worked on the effects of her abilities, and the people who worked on her idea/concepts (and the people who OK'd the idea for her)

She's really satisfying, and feels incredibly fun to play. You guys did an awesome job. 

12 hours ago, Midas said:

Wisp's ult should do % health damage because it renders her stationary. This would scale nicely in endgame but if she does not have arcane trickery  = dead. Render her invuln to damage for 2 seconds upon the beam firing.

It doesn't render her stationary. Also, she can use her back 2 to be perma-invis whilst using it.

• Like 1

Wisp is really satisfying to play overall, but here are a few small notes:

-Her reservoirs need a bit more visual clarity in general. It's hard to target them in the middle of a fight, and it's hard to easily distinguish your reservoirs from another Wisp's. I would prefer it if they were highlighted in your chosen energy colour, even through walls, which ties in to my suggestion for her 3.

- Her 2 will continue to move past the specific position you point at. I think I would prefer it if the slow version (and only that version) moved to the point you specified and stayed there until it expired.

- The reservoir teleport has infinite range, but requires line of sight. In 90% of the game, I think a range-capped teleport that could go through level geometry would be better. The targeting function also needs to work a bit better, but that can easily be solved by the highlight that I suggested above.

- The damage on her 4 is more than decent when you have all 3 motes, but it's still a hair too slow to ramp up. If the haste mote added corrosive damage as well as procs, I think it would round out her 4 nicely.

-The bigger issue that Sol Gate has is the visuals. On any enclosed map, I honestly can barely see what I'm shooting at and I basically just wave the beam around until I see a healthbar. That really needs to change.

Another thing: When there are multiple Wisps in one mission, their buffs should work like Rhino's -- the strongest one wins, not the first one you pick up. That would be better for everyone I think.

Edited by atejas
  • Like 2

Possible not to anyhow slap armor on Wisp? For example, chest armors are very obvious just slap on her without much adjustment as some, like the wolf armor is oversize on her. Not to mention chest armor should be places on her scarf and not on her boobs. Actually that applies to many female warframes, as if armor are just placed on them without much love consideration.

35 minutes ago, kyori said:

Possible not to anyhow slap armor on Wisp? For example, chest armors are very obvious just slap on her without much adjustment as some, like the wolf armor is oversize on her. Not to mention chest armor should be places on her scarf and not on her boobs. Actually that applies to many female warframes, as if armor are just placed on them without much love consideration.

Pls have you seen how the Edo Armor (not prime) goes on her?

Anyway, more points:

Her 2 can bypass a lot of things, so yes, this ability is very good.

Yeah, the gripe about her 4's scaling being too slow, I think it should scale up faster/proc at a higher rate (If anything, decrease the damage to 1/10th the original and make it tick 10 times faster). And yes, please fix the color correction.

Edited by Guest

Hey there, first I love wisp, but I think the map icons for the mots are bit too "big" and too "out of standard icons". I mean they're as big as a warframe icon and it's kinda confusing. They're also seen from extremly far on the minimap, their direction point remain for a very long distance.

Here is my little feedback on that really fun frame. Hope I'm not repeating ppl in the 6 previous pages. Hope my english isn't too bad.

RESERVOIRS:

For most stationnary missions, the powers work great. I would add a mechanic that make you able to spawn the 3 pods at the same time.

It's becoming quickly annoying to hold 1, press 1, hold 1, press 1 and do it a 3rd time, every few rooms. Especially for Capture, Ext, etc...

A "double tap" on 1 could be nice to create 3 pods at once.

WIL-O-WISP:    /

BREACH SURGE:

Work great too. Maybe a bit bugued too much ? A lot of time ennemies doesn't seem to be affected even with their eyes glowing.

SOL GATE:

The weakest ability of her kit. Don't be shy to buff it (dmg wise). We have frame like Mesa with WAY more powerfull ultimates. We're talking about a piece of energy from the freaking SUN.

Also the "hold left mouse" mode is underwelming. I think adding a bit of a tiny OAE (like the opticor) when using this mode could be a nice addition. It could left on grounds & walls burning flames/littles auras that do radiation dmg to ennemies.

It's also way too much energy drain fo the weak dmg output. The skill with 100% efficiency should be at 3/3.4 energy/s.

Hope this little feedback can give ideas to make her a super fun frame. After all, the fun part of a frame is the most important part.

_____

Also idea for an Augment for "Sol Gate"

(I know it's not the place here but the idea spawned in my mind when writting this feedback, so why adding it here before forgetting it).

Hold 4 and you place the "Orb" in it's unleash state on a fixed point that do Radiation status and if ennemies come too close, they start burning.
You can launch "waves" of heat/rad from the ball if you hit her with you 2nd or with any heat/rad dmg powers from other frames.

• Like 1

Can we have stronger Reservoirs override the weaker motes?

Right now if you have a higher strength Reservoirs and you have a weaker mote on you the stronger one just refresh the duration of the weaker mote. I have to wait for the weaker mote to expire or find an out of bound area to remove them if I want the stronger buff.

Edited by AhLiu338

I suggest that breach surge permits you to teleport to a reservoir through walls, 

This allows Wisp extreme mobility in line with her kit on tiles that have many obstructions.

Edited by Nyraxx
  • Like 3
1 hour ago, AhLiu338 said:

Can we have stronger Reservoirs override the weaker motes?

Right now if you have a higher strength Reservoirs and you have a weaker mote on you the stronger one just refresh the duration of the weaker mote. I have to wait for the weaker mote to expire or find an out of bound area to remove them if I want the stronger buff.

id rather they allow replacement based on which one you pass through rather than overwrite because of movement speed preference. i like where my speed mote is at and would rather not have it be overwritten where i cannot get it back because of someone with 250+ power strength.

Edited by EinheriarJudith
18 hours ago, brimiste said:

As of now Wisp is quite fun to play with, but could it be possible for her special floating animation to be used when having the melee weapon or the archgun out? It feels so weird to see her walking at these times.

This 100000000% really sucks for those who prefer to mainly use melee weapons majority of the time. 

wisps flying run animation is tied to the frame and not to idle animation set so your titania still cant fly :sadcry:

please i want my flying frames fly

wisps noble stance has feet in a more natural hanging way               while agile stance has them weirdly horisontal

5d0a303336.png                                                                        f621320444.png

gameplay pending

1 hour ago, EinheriarJudith said:

id rather they allow replacement based on which one you pass through rather than overwrite because of movement speed preference. i like where my speed mote is at and would rather not have it be overwritten where i cannot get it back because of someone with 250+ power strength.

I fail to see how is this different from what my suggestion is? Especially when you said "allow replacement based on which one you pass through."  I'm not suggesting having highest strength being the universal value in the session. I'm saying that If you have 150% strength mote on you and you pick up 200% strength mote, you'll now have 200% strength mote. If you don't walk in and pick up the stronger mote you'll maintain the weaker mote. 

Wisp is supposed to be floating but when she uses melee, she became running on the ground like other warframes. The same goes for some other actions like scanning etc. 

Why no make floating melee or those others animation???

1 minute ago, kyori said:

Wisp is supposed to be floating but when she uses melee, she became running on the ground like other warframes. The same goes for some other actions like scanning etc. 

Why no make floating melee or those others animation???

because extra work