Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

[DE]Danielle

(The Jovian Concord: Update 25) Wisp Feedback

Hell, if it's fine that the pods don't expire I want the same treatment for other warframe abilities that drops an area of effect on the floor. Garuda's Blodd Alter comes to mind. It's the same thing as the Health pods yet it does expire.

Expiring placed abilities? You want another Vauban? Because that's how you get another Vauban.

Either the invis from Wisp's passive needs to be made more visible, or the 4 needs to be made WAAAAAAAY less visible. You can't use anything other than incredibly dark colors or the 4 will completely blind you and allies. But when using black and dark purple, I can't see the small sparkles that come off of Wisp when her passive makes her invisible. I know that touching the ground doesn't instantly remove the effect, but its really hard to time an effect you can't see.

So as I said. Either the 4 needs to become less eye cancerous so we can use brighter colors. Or the passive needs to be more visible so we can use darker colors to stop the 4 from being so eye cancerous.

Had a Wisp in come into Hydron with the brightest yellow energy I've ever seen in game. His pods had a clear ring, buffs were easy to spot... But his Sol Gate almost literally blinded the entire group when it was used. After my retinas healed, I had to leave group because when I asked him to stop using it and told him why, he began aiming at my warframe with it just to be annoying. Because being blinded by being near isn't enough. Wait till you're the target...

She is fine. Please come up with better builds of your favorite frames, and share the builds, not suggest any nerfs. If you don’t like her, just don’t use her. I have no problem anyone using Wisp or any frames and deal much more damage% than me or help the entire squad in any good ways. The current direction of Warframe is to allow frames to kill many many enemies fast and or to provide massive buffs to teammates who can kill fast. That is a good thing. That’s is Warframe. 

Support frames get The limelight and this S#&$ happens. Don't be another one that nerfs frames for the hell of it. Especially the new ones. NEVER ASK FOR NERFS.  I mean look at ember. 

My wisp is still building, 

I will abstain for now and update when I test her. 

Counterpoints:

-Wisp's Reservoirs are stationary

Really, I could stop here as to why her buffs are just fine.  The vast majority of the game is highly mobile.  This is why Vauban sucks.  Not because his abilities are complete trash, but because they're not relevant to how the game gets played.  The exception for Wisp is endless missions.  In those missions, having one, and only  one, Wisp is useful because she can put her buffs out someplace convenient to her team.

-Wisp's Reservoirs only affect player warframes.

Want to know why Trinity, Oberon, etc. are better in arbitration and sortie endless defense?  Guess.  Want to know why Trinity with hacker moa is my choice for lulz moa army on Corpus missions, and Wisp can't do the same?  Yes.  She makes her teammates better, but that's all.

-Wisp's Reservoirs have very limited effects

Trinity has a massive damage resist with her healing/shield restore.  Oberon can protect against status effects which makes his healing less necessary..  Nezha is off the charts better at defending his teammates (like seriously this is a no contest win for Nezzie).  And so on.  Wisp is good, but she's definitely not in the OP category as a support frame.

-Wisp's Reservoirs don't stack

You might have noticed that "and only one" I included in my first comment.  That's because Wisp's buffs are single serve.  Once you have vitality, you can't pick up a second EVEN IF THE SECOND WOULD BE BETTER.  If you really want to debuff Wisp, just stack corrupted mods on her to eliminate duration and strength and stick your reservoirs around good ones.  Your teammates will pick up the bad ones, won't be able to pick up the good, and tada!  You've nerfed Wisp all by yourself.

Love the frame but allowing to teleport to a reservoir behind a wall with reservoir would make the synergy much more useful because of the complexity of the level geometry.
Also Sol Gate should be more of a shower of little numbers instead of one big numer every few seconds (it's not really that slow but it sure feels like it) .

39 minutes ago, Soldier1312 said:

Expiring placed abilities? You want another Vauban? Because that's how you get another Vauban.

I mean Vauban's problem is he's pretty much entirely cc focused in a game where cc means little, it's nothing to do with his abilities being duration deployables. 

the reservoir has 2 drawbacks 

1. ITS STATIONARY!! 

2. range

there is also a third which is they differ the amount in the buffs with every wisp frame. so on one wisp player you can get a good amount while another you would get crap. this also goes into duration as well since some could last for up to minute while others are around 30 secs. 

also to note wisp doesnt take anyones spot as she is way more of a major helper. hell she UPSETS the meta for hunts which is awesome. i really never get it with people like the OP. DE gives us an awesome frame with great utility and damage and then suddenly that frame is the destroyer of everything and must be nerfed? how about wait a couple weeks and see how things play out before tyring to reach for the nerf bat eh?

49 minutes ago, CodeUltimate said:

I'm more salty about the recent fulmin nerf :'c

I don't know anything about the recent nerf but that weapon is stupidly Overpowered...

Just now, bibmobello said:

I don't know anything about the recent nerf but that weapon is stupidly Overpowered...

it was nerfed so not anymore they halved it's damage and now it's trash

1 minute ago, CodeUltimate said:

it was nerfed so not anymore they halved it's damage and now it's trash

Even now it's not trash... The only trash are the glaxion and the spectra...

In the Jovian Concord trailer, when Wisp activates her passive, she becomes smoky and transparent. Why was this changed? I think it looks much better than the effect that made it into the game where she just lights up like a Christmas tree.

Also another quick question-- does activating Wil-o-Wisp cause performance issues for anyone else? I briefly drop below 30 fps whenever i send out the clone, and it's noticeably worse if I do so while casting Sol Gate.

Nerf every frames that can kill level 40 and higher enemies first.

2 hours ago, seprent said:

her and glaxion seem to put me into darkness when i cross some magic line and it makes it very hard to see if we nerf anything about her nerf her ability to blind her allies or tell me what settings to use to make this stop because being away from wisp doesnt help when im trying to level wisp and cant see where im aiming the fecking sun 

oh so thats why my screen suddenly has weird dark look suddenly..

She's out for a few days, her [4] is laughable trash, her [3] works wonky at best, her [2] is "nice", and the buffs are the only thing that make her fun and pay for her ticket. I'm grateful you post feedback in #GD, so the devs ain't gonna read it.

7 minutes ago, Ced23Ric said:

She's out for a few days

This ^^

You’re making a snap judgement on a frame that you think is overpowered and making a request that DE nerf it because.... I don’t really get the reason. If it is better than other support frames and you want more of a challenge, play those other support frames! Don’t S#&$ all over everyone else’s game.

So I’ll add my “no” to all the others.