Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

(The Jovian Concord: Update 25) “Disruption” Game Mode Feedback

[DE]Danielle

52e8ed8944c90b626fce78dc49a6d286.jpg

If you have a bug to report, please post it in the dedicated Bug Report Megathread for Update 25: https://forums.warframe.com/topic/1094905-the-jovian-concord-update-25-bug-report-megathread/

This thread will be used to house your feedback on the newest Game Mode from The Jovian Concord: Update 25: Disruption!

Travel to Ganymede, Jupiter and survive the all-new endless Disruption mode. Collect keys from fallen Amalgams to activate corresponding conduits, then protect the conduits from the Demolysts that will seek to destroy them. Each conduit will trigger a random player boon, environmental hazard or enemy buff. Test your strength against the Amalgams to earn new Weapons and new Mods. 

Note:

• We will be introducing this mode with a Clan Operation! Learn more about the Operation here.
  • The Node itself can only be played if you've completed the Natah Quest. 

1) Minibosses lead the way - beware the DEMOLYSTs. Defeating a miniboss is the key to progress - or failure. You have 4 terminals to defend each round. If a miniboss gets to the terminal and detonates, you lose that terminal. Pressure is on. Minibosses make themselves known.

2) Rewards - most endless (minus Arbitrations) have 'AABC' rotation, repeated endlessly. This mode gives you the flexibility to earn your reward tier based on performance. Perfectly defend all Terminals in the first round? Good stuff. This is a table of how it'll look:

ROUND

1 ARTIFACT DEFENDED

2 ARTIFACTS DEFENDED

3 ARTIFACTS DEFENDED

4 ARTIFACTS DEFENDED

Tier A

Tier A

Tier A

Tier B

Tier A

Tier A

Tier B

Tier B

Tier A

Tier B

Tier B

Tier C

4+

Tier B

Tier B

Tier C

Tier C

Before posting feedback on the new “Disruption” game mode be sure to spend enough time playing it! Once you feel you have handle on what the new mode is all about, and would like to share your thoughts, here is a fast guide from a Dev side to write good, useful feedback:

Spoiler

1. Keep it simple

• Write simple, directed points about the topic you feel strongly about. Remember to be constructive and to the point.

2. Back it up

• Support your points with concrete points. X has better stats than Y. This ability is less useful when considering X. Provide in-game situational evidence or a solid foundation for your argument to rest upon.

3. Be polite

• The best feedback occurs when two people discuss opposing viewpoints to find a constructive middle ground. Discussion is a natural part of feedback! Ensuring that it is polite and without personal attacks is key. We’re far less inclined to listen to feedback filled with personal attacks and rude speech. We are all trying our best!

We look forward to hearing your thoughts on the new “Disruption” game mode! 

I've played a few rounds, and yeah, it's pretty fun!

Sure it's not endgame - but I wasn't expecting it out of this. However, it's a pretty good baseline for potential future challenges. I also enjoy the 'Demolyst' mechanics. Hunting them down feels quite risk/rewarding. I'm not sure about the reward system, particularly acquiring Hexanon, but we'll see.

Plus more Ordis is always good in my eyes.

However, I do have one concern. Alad V is very talkative, and whilst I'm glad to see the guy back in business, I suspect that he might get a little annoying over time. Perhaps reduce the frequency of his 'generic' dialogue? Stuff like "Demolyst, light your fuse."

• Like 3

I think this new game mode could replace all Survival missions entirely in the game. It's way better and dynamic compared to the "Sitting afk in the corner with a Nidus/Hydroid and farming endlessly without putting much effort."

Could have for Grineer and Infested missions =]

Edited by Woedenberg
small misspell
  • Like 1

Alright, first thing first.

Make clearer Waypoint. First, make the boomer marked from way further. Warframe is a game that a LOT of person plays with music in the background, and we'll not always be able to hear the sound to know where the boomer will be coming from, especially for those who want to listen to other stuff at the same time.

1 : Increase the distance to which the boomer is marked. like maybe the double. or 2.5 time.

The rest, now

2 : Second suggestion : The keys. They are not exactly the most easy thing to find, when you don't exactly see them falling. Making the key marked on the map, and on your UI would be good to quickly find them, once dropped by the amalgams. with maybe their own icons.Making them marked, or marked more... clearly. because if they are already, i couldn't notice it, in the action.

3 : The amalgams... hm. they are... nice. but in the middle of this pixel mixture, it's sometime hard to find them. some of them even get stuck on doors, it's really horrible to look for them. the game action is so fast, that sometimes you kill them without even knowing, or you just never find them. so i suggest making the amalgams marked, too.

4 : the boomers doing an occasional shield nullifier is... good? it's honestly WAY BETTER than being outright immune to our abilities, but still sad. you can't rely that much on your abilities to stop them. with CC, for exemple. i'm torn between " Hey, it's bit challenging, but not just stupidly forbidding our abilities, for once" and " Yeaaah, but i want to be reliant on them, and them being efficient at all time, when i ask my powers to do so" . like if a boomer is in the middle of a CC, and then boom, shields, nullified CC, and goes on, it sucks. so i'm mixed, on that...

5 : sometimes the flydolon, despite being grabbed, just DOESN"T want to go into the direction which we order him to. it's making me pulling my hairs off xD

Ho, and lastly, a way to stop the "grab" scene. the first time it's badass, but after, it just slower the fight when wanting to speed it up, which is a bit frustrating. just like we can skip the other cinematics.

Edited by mikakor
  • Like 3

Mission type is fun but the rewards are pure garbage ... Hexenon as roun rewards, when you get tons of them while killing, srsly? Its just underwhelming and not worth running. Either add Kuva or this mode is already doomed 😕

Edited by Fusen
  • Like 1

As of writing, I've only done the first two missions of the Operation.  I've noticed two things that I'd like to see improved, though.

First:  Nullifying Conduits.  They appear instantly without warning, meaning that it may simply not be possible to avoid.  Maybe if they delayed appearing for a second, and then started small and expanded to full size like a regular Nullifier's bubble.  This would allow Frames that rely on persistent abilities (e.g. Gara, Nezha) from being blindsided with no feasible counterplay.  Also, they uncomfortably restrict movement in the more cramped tiles, and feed into my second issue:

Second:  Visibility.  I had a very hard time seeing what was going on, the entire tileset seemed much, much darker than its previous incarnation, I navigated mostly by Minimap and Helios Highlighting.  And then despite everything being dark as balls, some things show up weirdly bright (e.g. Nullifier fields, shields, many particles) and it just looks... bad.  Like there's a huge discrepancy between the nearly-black room and bight, colorful bits not actually illuminating anything but themselves.  It's annoyingly hard to see in general, in that sense it's a huge step backward from the previous tileset, in which it was bright and easy to see.  It's not so much atmospheric as just a pain in the rear.

I should mention that apart from these issues I am enjoying the gamemode a lot.

EDIT AFTER PLAYING A BIT MORE:

I turned up my brightness a bit, and the visibility's still problematic.  Once I realized the booping noise signified where the Demolyst was, I started using my ears more than my eyes, but it's still not great.  Also, while I'm not going to dedicate a lot of time to going deep in the Endurance mission just yet, will probably wait until the weekend, it feels like a bit of a weird loop so far - Kill things untill key drops, match key with conduit, wait for Alad to stop talking, follow boop, kill Demolyst, repeat.  Not really a bad loop, and the modifiers make it dynamic and interesting, just... weird.  I don't know, maybe it's just that I'm not used to there being so little down time in an Endless mission, which thinking about it is a good thing and might make it the only Endless mission I'll fully enjoy.

Edited by Vox_Preliator
  • Like 2

Super fun, I did an initial run to get my vandal weapons and I really enjoyed it. A+

This is definitely a worthy addition to the endless roster. I'm really glad you guys added the Demolyst before launching it, because honestly this mini-boss is the one feature that makes this game mode fun and exciting. Without him it'd be something of a snoozefest.

Well done!

The endurance mode of Disruption was advertised as an "endgame" mode. I'm assuming that's the current Endurance one where you get the vandal weapons? If so, how is this an "endgame" mission in any way?! This is honestly the worst one yet if that's the case.

The new resource drops 100x more off of enemies than rotation rewards. Even if the rotation reward gave a ton of it, it's going to be a worthless resource in a week. Like most endgame modes now, can't have endgame without worthless rewards that make you hate RNG. 

Speaking of rewards, that new "play well and get C rotation faster". Does that reset back to potential A rotations after the 4th round? Why would anyone go past round 4 then? I get what DE was probably trying to accomplish with that idea, but if there isn't scaling rewards then it's even worse than 20 minutes and out. You can hit round 5 in about 10-15 minutes. oof...

Which leads to ENEMY SCALING. I honestly couldn't tell the difference from when we started the mission till 25 minutes in. The level 40 enemies = level 80 enemies. There's no difference. Since the rewards give no reason to go past round 4(I'm assuming), this is basically casual starchart content. 

EDIT: Rotations don't reset after 4th wave, it's just the 4th wave rotations forever. Honestly A+, just need some worthwhile rewards.

Edited by Kimimoto

Great job on only a certain enemy can destroy the tower, so this game mode is not seems to being a mix of excavation and mobile defend. With this change, it also means we can use whatever frame we want to play this new game mode with, not just typical defence frames like used in excavation. Good improvement!

• Like 1

The official drop table: 

Jupiter/Ganymede (Disruption)
Rotation A
2X Hexenon Uncommon (19.23%)
Lith C4 Relic Rare (7.69%)
Lith B6 Relic Rare (7.69%)
Lith K2 Relic Rare (7.69%)
Lith M4 Relic Rare (7.69%)
Lith A3 Relic Rare (7.69%)
Lith P2 Relic Rare (7.69%)
Proton Pulse Uncommon (11.54%)
Motus Signal Uncommon (11.54%)
Aero Agility Uncommon (11.54%)
Rotation B
4X Hexenon Uncommon (17.86%)
Meso T1 Relic Rare (7.14%)
Meso T3 Relic Rare (7.14%)
Meso D3 Relic Rare (7.14%)
Meso R1 Relic Rare (7.14%)
Meso M3 Relic Rare (7.14%)
Meso Z3 Relic Rare (7.14%)
Meso E2 Relic Rare (7.14%)
Proton Jet Uncommon (10.71%)
Motus Impact Uncommon (10.71%)
Aero Vantage Uncommon (10.71%)
Rotation C
6X Hexenon Uncommon (28.57%)
Neo G1 Relic Rare (9.52%)
Neo A2 Relic Rare (9.52%)
Neo Z2 Relic Rare (9.52%)
Neo M2 Relic Rare (9.52%)
Neo S11 Relic Rare (9.52%)
Neo N10 Relic Rare (9.52%)
Proton Snap Rare (4.76%)
Motus Setup Rare (4.76%)
Aero Periphery Rare (4.76%)

A little disappointed there are no Axi relics, and that the Volt/Loki relics aren't there.

The new mod sets are mostly too niche to be able to sacrifice the mod slots for. I really think that niche mods and augment mods need dedicated slots added to incentivize using them.

As far as the gameplay is concerned, this mode is awesome! I love the dynamic nature of the rounds with the random buffs/debuffs and demolists. There's a really good balance between being able to use warframe abilities to deal with trash but needing to focus fire the demolists. It's a very exciting and challenging game mode, even for someone fully geared out. *thumbs up*

Edited by dpencil
  • Like 3

I think the spawn rate of the amalgams that drop the keys need to be upped.  What I have ran across consistently is on one or two keys drop and nothing else until one tower is complete.  How are we supposed to have all 4 towers up if the keys don't drop for them?

• Like 1

Mode itself is awesome, but the reward tables are rough. The mods really shouldn't be in the drops as they all come from enemies that spawn in the mode. The same can be said for Hexenon (which also drops in quantities lower than what drops from enemies).

Please DE, this is an awesome mode, give it an awesome drop table so I have a reason to play it after the event.

Edit: Odd idea, add some sort of resource sink that takes Hexenon. It would be nice if not every grind node was attached to Prime farming, maybe create consumable "Amalgam Boosters" that do... something.

Edited by DrBorris

2 hours ago, Kimimoto said:

Does that reset back to potential A rotations after the 4th round?

2 hours ago, BansheePrime said:

wild assumptions.

Well there it is, now the rewards just need to be worth going for 

Vets don't need relics or a resource that's going to be obsolete in a week

Edited by Kimimoto

the mode itself is intresting but the rewards are trash total hexenon need to craft wisp plus new weapons is 2100 after that i dont really see the point in running this game mode other than for the clan leaderboards after the operation i dont really see myself running this mode in the future if the rewards dont change 

Edit. post hotfix they doubled the amount of hexenon that you get for the rotation of this mode that doesnt really save this mode tbh i already got enough hexenon to build everything that requires it and there are far faster way to farm the relics in the drop table why not axi and or kuva ? i really do like this mode and i dont want to see it die like defection this mode has so much potential and i just wish the rewards were better and not so stingy 

Edited by Heretic-Prime

Really enjoy the new game mode. Objective is very refreshingly different from most missions of murder everything in sight to progress. Very happy they did not stick with the original mobile defense style mechanic that they showed on stream. Having the objective be certain enemies (amalgams) and priority targets (demolysts) may finally make CC frames relevant. Since "kill everything" is no longer strictly better than CC, CC frames could see more use in this game mode.

Overall, I enjoy disruption game mode.

Still not sure if it is simultaneous defenses that give better rewards, or just defending all of them.  A lot of people are making it to the challenge part of the operation without knowing exactly what is going on.

Also got powers permanently shut off a couple times.  Not even sure what causes it or if it was a bug.

Also going to agree that the Hexanon is absolutely the worst as a reward.  If it can drop from an enemy then it should not be a reward or even a placeholder on the endless tables.  For example, we went quite a few rounds to do the 4k in one run.  Four of the rewards were Hexanon.  Got 4 6 and 4 from the rewards.  Had picked up 214.  We picked from enemies more than fifteen times the amount we got from rewards.  It isn't a bonus or even a hint of useful amount extra at those rates.  Either the materials aren't supposed to drop from enemies like that, or the reward table is extremely miserable right now.

• Like 1

The game mode is fun, too bad the rewards are garbage or one time.

Hopefully these are just placeholders because you guys were afraid some exploit will pop up but tbh if this is what is going to stay, I don't see myself playing it after this event.

At least it'll be fun and actually rewarding when added to the arbi rotation ( unless the timers are extended to the point it's not worth it aka 80% of what we have in arbitrations right now :P)

Edited by SSI_Seraph

I did the Endurance Run but my profile page has no stats of this operation. You guys forget to add such important thing? lol

The blue, cyan and white data mass.conduits... of so many color, it has to be 3 such color that are close looking to each other? I suggest using different color to differentiate them better in the heat of battle.

• Like 1

The only issues I really have with the new disruption are these: 

How long it takes for the game to say 'you saw the target'. It seems like you have to practically hump the bastard's leg before the target marker shows up. I'm running with enemy radar, max primed animal instinct, and vigilante pursuit in my build. I can see the other side of freaking SPACE... And yet I can't see the target until he's standing on my foot?

The other is a target spawn issue. I've literally watched a boomer appear directly on TOP of the protect target. No living enemies around. Didn't run there and I just not see him. I and two others in my group actually watched this happen multiple times in multiple runs. Its not a huge deal in the early parts when you can kill it in one hit. But when I'm at 100+ and they start surviving multiple shots...they just can't be stopped when it happens.

• Like 1

I'm fine with the relics. Relics are always nice. But when I keep seeing a 'reward' of only 4 or 6 of the new material that when picked up off the ground gives a minimum higher than that it just isn't worth it. It feels even worse than getting a copper mod, honestly.

The reward tiers really need to be looked at on the 'material' parts definitely.

• Like 1

After playing a few rounds here are my thoughts.

• I do like it. A faster Mobile Defense with the completion condition being search and destroy of a single enemy? Very nice. The better the gear the faster the rotations tick, as it should be. 
  • Lots of enemy variety
  • Lots of Minibosses
  • I like the Demolysts are bright orange and make a very loud beep. Makes them very easy to find.
  • I like that the mode throws a decent amount of enemies at you so it doubles as a decent affinity farm.
  • I really like the tile set

Dislikes

• Amalgam enemies are too few and far between. Have only ever gotten two keys up at once. Frequency of appearance should be doubled or tripled.
  • For now I will say that some variants of Demolysts are feel far too tanky for their level.
  • Rewards are mediocre and definitely do not drive me to keep playing the game mode.
    • 4 or 6 of the new resource is really bad when they drop from other enemies at 10-20x that amount
    • It's not exciting to get one of the set mods since, with very few exceptions, the effect of the mod AND the set effect (even at full effect) are too weak to replace standard mods. Such a waste of design time.
    • No axi relics? Kuva? Ayatan Sculptures? Ayatan stars? Orbiter decorations? Void traces? Fish? There are so many ways to make the reward table more varied and interesting. Not to mention more appealing to veteran players.
  • Operators/Amps do next to nothing against Amalgam enemies despite their sentient nature. But Operators being very weak in combat is a long standing issue.

Bug

• The all abilities in use bug is back. Complete lockout. Unfortunately I'm not too sure what's causing it.

• Like 1

i was expecting something much more painful and... well, punishing for existing feeling than what Disruption actually is. (funny how i expected opposite things from Disruption and the Ropalapalapa, and got opposite of those expected things)
this is pretty solid overall. it actually feels a bit different than most Gamemodes, and there's not that much of Game Mechanics being removed from the game, which is always a plus.

there seemed to be a surprising amount of new Enemy Variety, good good. since there's always dozens of Enemies around in Warframe, having most of them be different things looks a lot more appealing than them all being one of the same 2-4 things!

i'll come back with more detail in the future but for now i only have two main gripes.

• while Keys falling into a pit respawn quickly, i had a key get stuck in the ceiling of a tile (so, impossible to pickup), and it took more than a minute for it to respawn or for a new Enemy with that Key to spawn (not sure which it was).
  • the Minibosses were described as "will make themselves known". they don't really seem to. many a time i've not even known one was on the map until it was already charging up to detonate on the Objective. no 2D or 3D marker, no sounds, nothing. which means it becomes a DPS check as to whether you can Kill it before the Animation ends or not. rather than what it seems like you're supposed to do, which is stay vigilant while defending the Objective(s), keeping a lookout for those TF2 Sentrybuster suicide units.
    • idunno if that's the bomber Spawning really close to the Objective that's causing the problem, or something else. no idea.
    • actually, are the Minibosses and suicide units the same thing? if they're not i'm saying that the suicide units can stealth themselves up to the Objectives which seems like it spoils things.

some other quick comments...

• a few times i've had a Red Key Spawn when... i don't have a Red Terminal for that Wave yet? makes me scratch my head since i'm not full up on Keys already at that point. so i end up with a Red Key sitting on the ground for a while.
  • and long term Reward variety will definitely be an issue(it's... ok right now but just ok). content segmentation is already kinda crazy in this game sometimes, and if this is going to be an Endless Gamemode that wants to push Players, well that's going to attract the top of the ladder Players and you know the stuff they want. Riven Fuel, Void Keys/Relics (all 4 Tiers, 'unvault' stuff as well, pre-upgraded ones are always eye catching), Void Traces, a bit of Fusion Energy, Et Cetera.
    • for the Void Keys/Relics, pre-upgraded ones could exist as a different type of Reward in the Gamemode? thrown in here and there as bonuses or something. could be for numerous individual things such as for running all 4 Keys at once, getting a perfect wave completion (nothing destroyed), completing a wave under a certain time frame, Et Cetera. and not necessarily just one type of bonus, what i'm thinking is that there are multiple "bonus Objectives". like Venus Bounty bonuses but having a bunch of types of them. since the Gamemode is already kinda revolving around Players stretching themselves to see how efficient they can be with the Gamemode without failing, it seems like numerous bonus Objectives would sit well on top of that.
Edited by taiiat
  • Like 1