Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

(The Jovian Concord: Update 25) “Disruption” Game Mode Feedback

[DE]Danielle

Demolysts being able to pulse to get rid of abilities effecting them is fine but they shouldn't be able to instantly generate a full size nullifier field wiping and locking the abilities of anyone nearby. That just makes any frame that relies on a buffs or channeled abilities a horrible choice for the mode.

The amalgams that drop keys need to spawm more reliably, as it is right now you can pretty much only running 2 consoles at once unless you stockpile keys.

• Like 2

The backstory

during dev streams and prime time we kept being told that we can buff the rotation depending how good we are. this was very exiting towards older players and veterans who know the problem that is arbitration.

The good

these dev streams kept hyping up that we can get more for being good at the game which is a first time we ever got such a thing other than spawning the defection guys 30 seconds earlier. the new game mode is fun and the new boss is not another tank+invulnerability+tiny hitbox. BUT, it all goes south from here, and oh boy it does.

The bad

once you do disruption a couple of times you start to think to yourself, wow, these rewards are trash, i guess im just getting unlucky, 6 from the new resource? WOW, i got 6/400 for one of the wisp parts, only 1294 left to go till i got wisp! the other rewards are neo relics... come on, not even Axi relics? as if this game mode was made for someone who didn't go past the Jupiter-Saturn junction and hasn't completed the chimera prologue. and then, the icing on the cake, the new set mods, who would waste a mod slot on these things? the new mods are more than situational, they are not worth even using them in that situation, and these are the RARE drops. now, surely, a mighty flying Eidolon must have great drops like his walking uncles? the new warframe wisp! not bad, 100% chance to get one of her parts, reasonable like other boss's. some of the new amalgam mods look good unlike the other ones we got like amalgam serration. never mind it only applys to mr fodder weapons. eidolons drop arcanes as a replacement for the raid missions, surely a relative to that would have something strong/good/useful/farmable to drop or at least a reson to come back to it? WRONG it is pointless past wisp. and the transmissions turn from "cool more lore" and "more Alad v nice" to confusing and annoying, dont fill up my entire screen when im trying to do parkor so i can get to the boss room. at least hearing something new from warframe characters is nice, new voice lines are literally the only lore we get once every 2 or 3 months. maybe even more? when was chimera prologue? last year? jesus getting exited about this games great lore is harder and harder

In conclusion

the new game modes have no points, taking pride in making a non boring invulnerable boss that has no point to doing after you get wisp and a game mode you can skip rotations but offers no rewards was a misguide. i like many others was exited for the new game mode and the new rotation work for it, but it offers no point to playing it because there is no reason to get any of the rewards.

Why im writing this (spoilers: no reason but making conversation)

now i know this might sound like an angry rant over constructive criticism, and that's because IT IS. this has been very therapeutic for me and probably the only reason i wrote this. i would like to know what do you think about it without white knighting it. did you also enjoy the new game mode but found no way to play it past the clan operation? or you do think there is a point to it and doing the boss fight? maybe you feel completely different from me and please make a good argument why. also i dont know why i got into the not enough lore part but im keeping it.

THIS WAS A POST IN GENERAL DISCUSSION BUT THEY MOVED ME INTO THE 3RD PAGE OF A POST THAT IN ORDER TO FIND, YOU HAVE TO GO TO THE HOME PAGE-FEEDBACK-MISSIONS&LEVERS AND THEN THIS POST. IF BY SOME MIRACLE YOU FOUND THIS PLEASE LEAVE A LIKE SO ILL KNOW

Edited by --RV--Earth
DE CENSORSHIP
  • Like 2

Game mode is fun BUT the only real problem i see is the Demoyst having to much armor, most weapon tickle them and the only thing that seem to actualy do something is the Cheese Catchmoon kitgun, tried over 30 weapons with different builds and i dont see any difference on them, it just annoys me seeing one running down a corridor and shooting over 200 bullets and he still has over 3/4 HP.

My group had encountered a bug where there were invincible trash mobs and specterlysts that kept prompting finisher moves and one time we had 2 invisible demolysts, an invincible demolyst and a super dmg resistant demolyst.  There is also the bug of being trapped in operator form or unable to use abilities.

4b2dh9dho1031.jpg?width=960&crop=smart&a

One hour of Disruption (event), and only a single new rare mod? C'mon. Increase the drop rates slightly. This is my 3rd copy and only rare mod to drop from the new game mode since it's started and I probably have 4 hours total worth of playing in Disruption since it's release.

This game mode is pretty fun, the looks and details on the enemies are fantastic.

The drops... 4 Hexedons are considered by nobody to be a reward. You should either make it drop more rarely from enemies or just remove Hexedons from the drop table completely.

I've played a few rounds so far, and I haven't done that great. But I learned something new in my most recent mission because someone mentioned it in the chat. Demolysts make a noise to find them before their markers show up if at all!

Hi, DE, I'm an entirely deaf player! Warframe is one of the few games I've had almost no issues with playing with my disability. However, with this new update I feel very... uh. Left out? I'm unable to really keep up with the team on this mission- those markers on the enemy come too late. I only know they've spawned because of Alad's voice line (which is why I'm so thankful for subtitles)

Maybe increase the radius needed for the Demolysts marker to pop up? Even just on the minimap. I'll take anything here, please.

• Like 1

This feedback is only about the mission type and new enemies itself. I´m going to ignore details about obvious problems like reward structure, (general) combat issues in warframe and bugs.

Positives:

1.) In general an enjoyable gamemode

2.) smooth gameplay for the most part

3.) Amalgan enemies have an interesting designs

4.) Transmissions add immersion and increase credibility to the world

Negatives:

1.) Key drop rng breaks the flow sometimes. A more deterministic approach (which still offers room for performance improvements) would be preferable

2.) The amount of nullification effects can be very disruptive. Especially for toggle abilities if you are mainly in close combat for example.

3.) A lot of mini map clutter and object marker

4.) Transmissions are quite intrusive and repetitive after some time. A monologue after every objective is too much.

5.) Audio-visual mix for tracking Demolysts sounds interesting but is problematic in a grind heavy game like warframe. A lot of people play music in background while playing the game. In addition there are a lot of other sound effects (explosions, weapon fire, abilities, etc) making it more difficult to track something specific.

6.) Amalgan combat behaviour feels incosistent. For example amalgan kucumatz beam can be avoided/dodged but amalgan moa beam is very persistent (most of the time). In general the new enemies don´t really offer much in terms of innovative combat.

Edited by Arcira
  • Like 1

Want to double down on stuff people are already saying and maybe add a point of my own.

• I can identify demolysts by seeing red glowing mob from like 10 times further than the marker appearing. It can be so to make it more difficult to defend, but I assume that for people having no OP weapons this will be a hard time.
  • Amalgam spawn is waaaay to long. Like a minute without a single one, while sitting in the conduit... bit much? And that translates to no keys obviously.
  • "Fireworks". It so happens that I was playing not from my main PC today but from an old-ish laptop so graphics are way different, but I assume it wouldn't be much easier for me to see anything behind 5478 particle effects on screen. Emissions, lasers, flying dogs, glowing potatoes, dancing Stalker, Nef riding a disco ball, flashlight in my face... Lucky me, I have rivened catchmoon and can just fire wherever I guess.
  • Hexenon. I'm in conflict about this one. So for once the drop as reward is... low? Even with recent increase.So gathering enough for my Wisp and weapons will be a royal pain. Cause prices are basically insane, but it is too late to roll back those I guess. On the other hand... I will soon (probably in about a week) enough hate every bit of it dropping cause we have no repeatable use for it. Like having hundreds of eidolon shrads or fish parts or fieldron samples. At least with nanospores I can dump those millions into consumables and derelict keys, I can even spend fieldron samples (though those 24h blueprints need to be looked at). And with this... nothing. Unless we will have some sort of consumable built with it. Maybe even disruption specific, like syntula?
  • Conduit colors. 3 very very very similar colors... Make one yellow, and one like true white or purple.

Edited by Darth_Predator

This is actually an endless mini boss assassination mode!

1. It's fast (fastest endless type in the whole game), cause you don't need to guard the conduits, just trigger the conduit and then just rush to Demolyst and kill it as fast as you can.

2. It's rewarding. Cause you can get a tons of stuff without any critical risks (and pretty fast, too).

3. It's really fun. Seriously.

• Like 2

Pros:

1. The new game mode is fun

2. Forgiving in the sense that failing a conduit doesn't automatically result in mission failure

3. Excellent enemy designs

Cons:

1. Amalgam spawns for key drop is quite inconsistent

2. Demolyst is not automatically marked for everyone. Given how busy the screen is, it is difficult to immediately see when there are clusters of enemies.

3. Clan score for the endurance run is unreasonable for solo ghost clans. It requires 20k for single person who most likely doesn't have a regular group.

4. Mission score rewarding bugs out often. I've had a few matches were the UI froze and it only gave the score for when it froze. This is highly problematic for solo ghost clans trying to reach 20k.

Suggestions:

1. Automatically mark the demolyst for the whole squad.

2. Make clan score for endurance runs cumulative. Single member ghost clans are really hit hard by the requirement requiring high scores. A 5 member ghost clan only needs 4k high score per member. A 1 member ghost clan requires that member to score 20k in one run. It is much simpler to do 5 4k runs than a single 20k run. Based on my experience, enemies are around level 360 once the 10k mark is reached. I don't recall the 4k run even having level 100 enemies so that in itself is a stretch for solo clans.

3 minutes ago, seedrow said:

2. Demolyst is not automatically marked for everyone. Given how busy the screen is, it is difficult to immediately see when there are clusters of enemies.

It's always spawns in the same spot for a particular conduit (each has it's own but always the same) an it has a very distinctive "bwob-bwob-bwob" sound. 

First impressions are pretty good! Very fast for an endless mission type, and the ability to skip rotation A rewards entirely and get rotation C rewards as early as round 2 is very nice. However, I do have a few issues with it.

Waiting for the special amalgams to spawn so you can get the keys to start the actual mission can sometimes be awkward dead air, especially if you don't have any currently active conduits. Maybe have them show up as special icons on the minimap.

I understand that you don't want abilities to be OP against demolysts, but having them just spontaneously spawn a nullifier field sucks for people who rely on self-buffs and want to use melee. Maybe change it to a periodic self-cleanse instead? 

Also, rewards could use some tweaking to cater this game mode for the endless crowd. If the drop tables were weighted more heavily towards relics, I can definitely see this being the premiere game mode for relic farming, especially Axi relic farming, since you can theoretically maintain rotation C indefinitely.

Finally, maybe this is because I haven't played long enough to see the enemies scale up to this point, but I feel like non-demolyst enemies should do more damage to conduits. Right now the optimal strategy seems to be to insert the key, then everybody split up to look for the demolyst. If we were given more reason to stay near the conduit to defend it, that would create an interesting push-pull effect of deciding between staying to guard the conduit or hunting down the demolyst to finish it faster.

Edited by AKTKWNG

3 minutes ago, AKTKWNG said:

Finally, maybe this is because I haven't played long enough to see the enemies scale up to this point, but I feel like non-demolyst enemies should do more damage to conduits. Right now the optimal strategy seems to be to insert the key, then everybody split up to look for the demolyst. If we were given more reason to stay near the conduit to defend it, that would create an interesting push-pull effect of deciding between staying to guard the conduit or hunting down the demolyst to finish it faster.

The conduits are invulnerable to EVERYONE but Demolyst. You don't need to guard it at all. Just kill the Demolyst. The HP and Shields bars of an active conduit belongs to Demolyst. Not conduit.

The game mode is good and provides alot of fun.

Just one thing: Giving more and more units armor , e.g. the new amalgam units, makes any other other aura besides corrosive projection even less desirable,

I'm really asking myself why bother with aura forma?

My new favorite game mode. Fast, frenetic and very space ninja, it's fun to stretch my parkour skills under pressure on these maps.

The new character designs also work really well, and the charging demolyst "timer" is good suspense as you scramble to intercept it.

Really my only initial misgiving was how few resources were gained after 80 mins play. But then it is only Jupiter, so we shall see.

Demolysts need to get their nullifier pulse removed, just keep their ability invulnerability, because the nullifier pulse is impossible to predict and also discourages using damage buffs against the demolyst or close range exatled weapons. Past 40 minutes the demolyst becomes unkillable by normal means (level 150 demolyst with 1 billion health and 400k~ shields) the enemies on the other hand are still very easy to kill.

Additionally, they move unhindered making it extremely difficult to hold them back for 2 minutes. 

Suggestions:

1 - Remove one type of the nullifieing or muting enemies. There are too many different nullifying or muting enemies in this mission type at higher levels. You need to either remove Nullifiers, or the cloners, or the complete ability immune enemies. I'd be fine with one or two of those abilities, but right now all of them combined makes the entire mission incredibly unfun.

2 - Remove the ability immunity on the bomb enemies. I wouldn't mind if they had everything they currently have except the ability Immunity. It forces you to play the game essentially without abilities which makes the main core aspect of the game completely useless. It's also a super lazy way of adding challenge. It's lazy and cheesy to just remove abilities

3 - Each amalgam should be colour coded on which bomb they're going for. It's quite difficult with the screen flashing and so many CC abilities going off and worrying about the amalgams and so on to see which amalgam goes to which bomb...

I'd say that the claim about really influencing the drops is a bit of a lie at this point. I'm not seeing spawns of any significant quantity on for any of the units that hold the keys enough to do more than one or two terminals at a time at best. More often than not so far I'm seeing significant down time between terminals waiting on the key bearers to spawn, let alone manage to snag the same keys we've done already so we can start or double up on the next wave. Those need a significant spawn rate increase.

The demolists also need some work as well. They're given no sound tracking que to even know where they're coming from, the tracking icon doesn't appear most of the time or when it does appear it doesn't appear far enough for even a decent warning, and the beeping that appears to be associated with the console itself is not necessary as well as being far too loud. I've been in the room with the demolists at this point and didn't even know they were there while all the while the incessant beeping of the console drowns out what audio cues MIGHT be there for them. Give that beeping to the demolists and make it slightly louder so that you can't miss them in the event that the tracking marker doesn't work yet again.

As for the game mode itself, I like it a lot barring the noted issues. The frantic pace keeps you busy with plenty of targets while not making it just a waiting game. The console keys could use some bigger icons as well as sight while on the floor, but they're decent enough as is.

10 minutes ago, Arniox said:

2 - Remove the ability immunity on the bomb enemies. I wouldn't mind if they had everything they currently have except the ability Immunity. It forces you to play the game essentially without abilities which makes the main core aspect of the game completely useless. It's also a super lazy way of adding challenge. It's lazy and cheesy to just remove abilities

I'll note this one for everyone. They're not entirely immune. They're effected by nova's cloud and can be slowed significantly. This helps a lot and I suspect that they're only effected by movement slowing effects.